Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2016 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah cute episode. We got girls working, having fun, and even some yandere faces

I think the episode helps a bit on building everyone's ability to work. Koyori also looked cute while working. Hokuto's past was somewhat interesting to see as well.
Nov 7, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2010
Hokuto advertising her shop a bit, not in a bad way tho.
And a new character appeared who we will probably be seeing in the future.
Which makes me look forward to it.
Nov 7, 2016 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
That new character is really creepy

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Nov 7, 2016 11:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was beautiful. This is done in such a simple and straightforward way, but it works so well for this series. Hokuto and Hanabi are great together, that was made me a bit teary eyed at the end.

The rackets and the rubber, that was great to see as i did play table tennis before in school in the breaks.
Nov 7, 2016 12:03 PM

Feb 2013
Another great episode. This anime is too much underrated.
Nov 7, 2016 12:05 PM

Sep 2016
*hoku hoku*

moe episode,

*hoku hoku*
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 7, 2016 12:10 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
GangsterCat said:
*hoku hoku*

moe episode,

*hoku hoku*
and then they keep subbing it as "beam beam"

like what the actual fuck
Nov 7, 2016 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
A new character appeared. This yandere girl looks quite creepy!
Nov 7, 2016 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:
GangsterCat said:
*hoku hoku*

moe episode,

*hoku hoku*

It's a minor problem of this translation. Seriously. Take a look and listen scene around 6:20+
Complete bullshit. All wordplay scenes are translated awfully. Not mentioning about Munemune's nickname variations.
rsc-plNov 7, 2016 12:26 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 7, 2016 12:23 PM

Sep 2015
TOMODACHI NANDAKARA
I didn't know such a store existed, I learned a lot today
best girl got an episode, that was cute (excepted the scene with the yandere ofc)
Nov 7, 2016 12:35 PM

Jan 2015
Awwww, such a cute episode. Loved it
Nov 7, 2016 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
Shion, what are you doing here?

Very cute episode, Hokuto might be my favorite character in this show :)
Nov 7, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode, which made me raise the overall rating to 8/10. Well, its subtext yuri anyway and that probably wont change (maybe in the end of the manga?) , but its relaxing and pleasent to see an anime, where all the "couples" are already existing (besides the main pairing which developed in the 1st episode), so that you can fully enjoy the SoL (which was amazing this episode) and the upcoming matches. Inbetween there is implemented a bit of cute table tennis education, so that people who never played it know whats going on.

If the matches will be animted in a good and exciting way this probably will take a top 3 place this season.

Btw, they are probably not survivable in my country, but are pure TT shops really a thing in Japan? I understand allround shops, which also sell tennis rackets, football equipment and such stuff, but I highly doubt the customer frequence buying TT stuff is big enough.
PirateMadrykNov 7, 2016 2:05 PM
Nov 7, 2016 2:08 PM

May 2010
The death puns. I lost it when the green-haired girl kept staring at Koyori who was going more and more flustered lmao

Liked Tenka this episode, she rose quite a bit in ranking.
Nov 7, 2016 2:29 PM

Sep 2016
PiratDunkelbart said:

Btw, they are probably not survivable in my country, but are pure TT shops really a thing in Japan? I understand allround shops, which also sell tennis rackets, football equipment and such stuff, but I highly doubt the customer frequence buying TT stuff is big enough.
there is always a hobby shop mate, just google and you will find in 5 seconds
that question is like me asking question like how the hell store for lethal weapon like gun even exist in america
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 7, 2016 2:31 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty uneventful overall. Not a bad episode though. The Hokuto focus was nice. We get to see how her life became so rowdy with Hanabi entering it.

The talk about the rubber was okay I guess. And what was up with that weird driver of the east? Lol those dead eyes and adding "deathly" in every sentence. Agari was tsun as always.

Next week will have the practice matches officially starting. Should be exciting when we have weirdos like that dead eyes girl.
Nov 7, 2016 2:47 PM

Jan 2016
hahaha, I actiually enjoyed this all thanks to the TT paddle facts...
also i was dieing with green and red hair girl XD

Nov 7, 2016 3:11 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
rsc-pl said:
It's a minor problem of this translation. Seriously. Take a look and listen scene around 6:20+
Complete bullshit. All wordplay scenes are translated awfully.
Yea, I had to hit rewind several times in a few places to make sure I really was hearing something different from the subtitles and not just imagining it. I'm a long way from fluent in Japanese, but...

Setting that aside, maybe it's a generational thing (and I'm getting old). But every time one of the girls said 'rubber' (and it was Japanese English), particularly when matched with the word 'hard', and I had to remind myself they were talking about paddles.

Wait, that's not what I meant to say.

(quietly sneaks out the door)
Nov 7, 2016 3:27 PM

Dec 2013
It was really hart worming to see how the two girls become friends , and to learn about different type of rubbers, I'm really looking forward the next episode to see how that creepy girl play
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2016 4:08 PM

Dec 2014
Green-haired girl gives off a rather creepy vibe. I love her already.

Nice episode centering around Hakuto's life. Its good seeing that they go more in depth with one of the side characters.
Nov 7, 2016 7:36 PM

Dec 2014
Lovely episode, Was really heartwarming. Hoku-Hoku/10

Hokuto was really cute this episode and I really like how lively Hanabi is, Their personalities kind of contrast each other but that's what makes their friendship really nice.
Very nice flashbacks with both of them as well, It was nothing spectacular or mind-blowing but just a simple story of how two girls grew to be the best of friends. :)

Some interesting info on Table Tennis rackets and rubber, I'm not all too familiar with the sport so it was some good info.

Agari is as Tsun as ever, though it was cute when she was going all Tsun for being worried about Koyori.

The Driver of the East is amusing, The way she was staring at Koyori who was already fidgeting was funny. xD

I love how Hokuto blushes whenever Hanabi says that the both of them friends.
Very sweet final scene with the entire gang gathering around to help, Hokuto has a lot of friends now. :D
Nov 7, 2016 8:33 PM

Oct 2012
Best girl Hokuto got a great episode.
The only time I wasn't thinking of Hokuto was when I was watching tsundere Agari or Koyori's pigtails wagging when she saw Agari, god that was too cute.

Driver of the East huh, wonder what kind of drive she has, we can see a bit of it in the OP so I'm looking forward to the match.

*hoku hoku*
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 7, 2016 10:03 PM

Jun 2013
Really adorable episode, also, is it just me or are the pants that koyori wears really hot for some reason?
Nov 8, 2016 1:27 AM

Dec 2011
I really like episode like that.Good back story for Hokuto and Hanabi.
I think their friendship is what make them a good double team xD
Also more of Koyori shyness and cuteness xD
Well next episode will be interesting with a game with the new yandare character.
Nov 8, 2016 2:00 AM

Feb 2014
green hair girl reminded me of beetlegeuse from re:zero...DESU!!!

overall a very heartwarming episode. Hanabi is such a kindred spirit
Around and around the cycle goes.
Nov 8, 2016 5:01 AM

Jul 2015
This anime does fan service in the strangest way I swear. And did the details in their pants suddenly get greater or something? I don't know if it's that or if they just never stood out before until this episode.

Anyway, episode was nice and sweet, and I enjoyed the blue haired one's backstory, but the green haired girl is trying way to hard to be creepy, nobody says death or deathly that much and it's ruining her character for me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 8, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
I enter, finally, in the table tennis world, but am glad that at the same time it increases the characterization of the girls. I love the narrative style used in this episode, even more if combined with a cheerful and carefree atmosphere. Drawings and animations, very good.

Brava Kinema Citrus! :)

GangsterCat said:
*hoku hoku*

moe episode,

*hoku hoku*

I agree...*hoku hoku*

kamil88 said:
Shion, what are you doing here?

Nice reference.
Nov 8, 2016 7:51 AM

Sep 2015
rsc-pl said:
HaXXspetten said:

Complete bullshit. All wordplay scenes are translated awfully. Not mentioning about Munemune's nickname variations.

Nowadays almost all the animes subs are not that good, well nothing we can do also because its free after all. But for those who watch anime for many year can notice errors here and there, can really annoy us sometimes. So I watch them raw.

I think the subbers are just trying to match the western taste, after all you won't notice sub errors if you are not that well verse in japanese from the start. Something like if you never point it out, no one will ever know:)

Hoku<3 Hoku<3
valvravetruthNov 8, 2016 7:55 AM
Nov 8, 2016 8:12 AM

Sep 2016
valvravetruth said:
rsc-pl said:

Nowadays almost all the animes subs are not that good, well nothing we can do also because its free after all. But for those who watch anime for many year can notice errors here and there, can really annoy us sometimes. So I watch them raw.

I think the subbers are just trying to match the western taste, after all you won't notice sub errors if you are not that well verse in japanese from the start. Something like if you never point it out, no one will ever know:)

Hoku<3 Hoku<3
all good fansubber are killed by high-speed shitty "legal" sub
CrossAnge

Nov 8, 2016 8:52 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
One day in the life of Hokuto. She works in a specialized ping pong shop....

Question, how you know if Hokuto is smile or not? xD
Nov 8, 2016 9:07 AM

Sep 2016
Ranxomare said:
One day in the life of Hokuto. She works in a specialized ping pong shop....

Question, how you know if Hokuto is smile or not? xD
when she *hoku hoku*
CrossAnge

Nov 8, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
A nice episode. I'm glad to see that each of the main cast have their own pairings even if it won't properly go into a yuri show
Get your shit straight Brenda
Nov 8, 2016 1:38 PM

Sep 2016
im addicted to the opening song
CrossAnge

Nov 8, 2016 4:22 PM
Jul 2015
Agari Tsundere Mode is the best... :3
Nov 8, 2016 5:31 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
as usual, nice ass shots from Koyori... dem spandex tho

i had to lol
Nov 9, 2016 3:16 AM

Dec 2011
That was a very hoku hoku episode.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 9, 2016 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Hokuto's story was so nice, it's amazing when you have someone in your life like that ;)
Next episode promises to be good.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 9, 2016 6:30 PM

Sep 2013
Pong to the Bewbs Watch Episode 6
Did the ping pong ball bounce off of Thong Senpai's breasts?

Nov 10, 2016 9:42 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Good way to keeps things fresh, cool to see a Hokuto focused episode. Peach Panties being a nervous train wreck. I'd be nervous too if a customer came in and gave me that creepy stare.

Hokuto wanting to make money off Koyori lol

Nov 11, 2016 12:23 AM

Oct 2008
A mild good episode about Hokuto Itsumo and her very first friend Hanabi Tenka.
There are so many kind of rubber used in pingpong, great to know that.
Hokuto is really good in guessing the color of a girls pantsu! although she's a money-monger LOL!
Hanabi is an excellent gluer! lol
Psycho yandere eyes Futamaru finally made an appearance! She's gonna be one hell of an opponent for sure!
4/5.
matias067Nov 11, 2016 7:17 AM

Nov 11, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2015
For an episode without ping-pong, it was very entertaining. I don't know why but this made me strongly miss the table tennis games of my school days.

The gothic lolita-clothed customer made me laugh a good while with her neck problem XD

4/5 A table tennis only shop *_*

Was the death/desu pun originally intended ?
What is the connection between iroppoi (sexy, well placed fat I think) and thong (slim underwear/string if I undrstood right) ?
Rei_IIINov 11, 2016 4:03 AM
Nov 12, 2016 2:18 AM

Dec 2012
There was no match in this one, but it was very enjoyable. The yandere girl looks scary, I wonder how she plays
Nov 12, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 2014
Um is it normal i can't even see the preview of the sixth episode on MAL? Considering i'm not a premium/subbed nor anything.
How much should i wait for it to be available and with subs?

EDIT: That was an ok episode. I've never been too much interested in Hokuto and Hanabe, but i liked their affinity and friendship and the way table tennis helped her a lot finding lots of friends. Also i loved how Hokuto was so convinced and passionate for the first time in the ep when she had to describe how ping pong was the "best thing in the world" to Hanabe!
New character seems too much out of the line, i don't really like her. Agari still the most realistic and developed, sad she didn't find much space in the ep. Hope it won't turn into yuri though.
6/10.
CharlyPALNov 13, 2016 6:21 AM
Nov 15, 2016 3:01 AM

Aug 2013
I already like the new girl.. midori hair girl is nice. xD
Friendship theme this time.. just good of slice of life and little yuri.
Its a good break from all the hit and smash I guess.
I wanna see how the practice game goes.
Nov 15, 2016 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
Why did they have to use about to become a serial killer-chan as eyecatch? That was a legit jumpscare.
Nov 28, 2016 6:29 AM

Jul 2009
It was cute to know how they turned friends...

The green hair girl have killing eyes...
Dec 6, 2016 12:21 PM

May 2015
caio_ken said:
Another great episode. This anime is too much underrated.

Heavily underrated even though it does what it aims to do very well.

The episode was a refreshing break from the intense table tennis matches. It was nice to see Koyori grow bolder with Hokuto's help.
Dec 13, 2016 6:10 PM

Nov 2016
I enjoyed this episode very much. Seeing Hokuto's past and how she came to met Hanabi back then was really interesting to see. Hokuto is probably my other favorite girl in this series. I liked how they were explaining the basics when it comes to replacing the rubber for the racket and what things you have to consider while taking care of it. I thought that was informative to know. Koyori was so cute trying to work her hardest tending to the store doing those breathing exercises that Hokuto was teaching her. :)

I believe that new girl was named Futamaru who wanted to buy some items from the store. She looked very creepy with those deathly eyes of her. Those are the type of eyes that make me cringe so I'm not going to lie about that. Anyway, I think she'll be coming back soon since going to the Nationals is coming up pretty soon.

I was really happy how Hokuto was reminiscing about her past while Hanabi was really wanting to play as well as work alongside her at her family's store. It was heart-warming that she made a great friend. She was really the biggest highlight of the episode and it made me feel so happy that she got to be with her friends as it she mentioned her life has become more rowdy than ever. Best girl for sure! :)

I look forward to watching next episode as the team will be getting prepared for the upcoming game!
Dec 23, 2016 11:43 PM

Sep 2013
Thank goodness...we finally had an episode that took place mostly out of the practice room. It was nice getting some actual insight into Hokuto's background. I hope they continue breathing more life into the other characters as well.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 3, 2017 11:25 AM
Nov 2015
The feels hit hard this episode
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2016

85 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 30, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2016

65 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2016

117 by Shy »»
Jul 31, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2016

86 by Deazu »»
Aug 13, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2016

67 by Deazu »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.