Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2016 6:26 AM
Jul 2018
Matsuzaka54 said:
AmejiHunter said:
So I guess I can write freely here, since you pretty much have watched all the anime if you're here?

There's this theory going on among the manga readers in which Sakamoto is DYING. And that is why he is ''leaving'' or whatever, according to the manga. I find it extremely interesting, as it makes a lot of sense.

Because I am a lazy person, I decided to copy/paste some of the comments I've seen on the last manga chapter or under this episode on some websites :

ANYWAYS! I don't know if that actually interested someone. Just wanted to bring some info in here.

Episode 11 he said he never see snows on the ground...thats because he always stay in the hospital or his house because he's sick...now that he knows he's dying...time to do everything so no regrets

Holy crap, hadn't thought of the snow thing like that.

That is... sad.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS A COMEDY ANIME.
Jul 2, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2013
He changed so many people's lives and in a way those people gave him an unforgettable last year of his life.

I was rather surprised that I dind't realise he was dying, I mean those 2-3 last episodes were sort of a build up to this moment. At the time when he sang the Erlenkönig I just thought he was trying to cover up the burp sound, but it actually is a song of a dying child.

Good-Bye Sakamoto-kun :(
Jul 2, 2016 6:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The theory has so many points that make it true imo. That's really sad and a sick foreshadowing. Really loved this finale.

7/10
SmudyJul 2, 2016 12:19 PM
Jul 2, 2016 6:47 AM

Sep 2015
Damn this end is sad af (+ theories may be true ...)
Good anime overall, 7/10 for me but this last episode was 10/10
Jul 2, 2016 7:03 AM
Nov 2010
Pretty interesting and fitting production.
Jul 2, 2016 7:06 AM

Apr 2015
First half was cringey, second half was great.

A hot-and-cold show for me, high points were really amazing, low points stooped to a new low, strangely endearing though. Good experience nonetheless 5-6/10
Jul 2, 2016 7:30 AM

Sep 2015
Sakamoto is amazing!! I knew he'd have a few tricks up his sleeve, he really goes all out :'D
Jul 2, 2016 7:55 AM

Feb 2015
Whoa, the feels in the end.

A nice finale to a enjoyable series, hail to our savior Sakamoto!
Good that it went well with Acchan in the end.

The one theory here in this thread left a bitter aftertaste tbh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 7:56 AM
Jan 2015
Was looking around some episode comments and I stumbled across this one trying to debunk the "Sakamoto dying theory"

Jul 2, 2016 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Subtilizer said:
Was looking around some episode comments and I stumbled across this one trying to debunk the "Sakamoto dying theory"

Eh, after all, it remains what it is, a theory. And unless the author actually himself says it's true, we can never know.

I do believe in this theory, and if you want the rest of the ''pieces'', there's the comment thread created earlier today about that one theory.

I still think it's more believable than the alien thing, and I doubt there would be so many references to death for no real reason.

EDIT: There's still the 13th episode coming. I don't know what it'll be about. It's anime original, obviously, and if it has been done with the author, we might know more. Might not.
Jul 2, 2016 8:04 AM

Jul 2015
Subtilizer said:

Then why does the blonde one ask him "You're not really going to America, aren't you?" and "You don't have any regrets"?
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jul 2, 2016 8:09 AM
Jan 2015
Sometimes791 said:
Subtilizer said:

Then why does the blonde one ask him "You're not really going to America, aren't you?"?

That's the only thing that I can't really see an answer for, but that alone isn't enough to support this theory in my opinion.
Jul 2, 2016 8:23 AM
Jul 2016
if you paid attention to this episode, you'll notice that Sakamoto is actually dying
-they let Sakamoto be the representative for the graduating students even though he's just a 1st year
-clearly him going to America was a lie, even his senpai noticed it
-he left the school cause his life wouldn't last long
-he hit his face with the pie because yeah.....he's crying
-if you search the english translation of the ED, it fits this ending
Jul 2, 2016 9:03 AM

Oct 2015
Stark700 said:

Too fabulous!

Nice ending to a good series. Will miss this.
Lucky96u said:

FAREWELL SAKAMOTO-KUN!!!!!!!

That's totally a Bleach reference

Totally.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 2, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2015
Sakamoto has been fabulous and perfect from start to finish. I think he's an angel or something - no one knows about his family or life, and he's just mysteriously leaving. A few unanswered questions but it has been an enjoyable anime. There were times when the comedy was a little flat, but Sakamoto has been a very entertaining character to watch.
Jul 2, 2016 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
I thought Sakamoto would be a Nanny McPhee like existence, cause he helped everyone and when he wasn't needed anymore he went away. Never imagined he could be actually dying. This makes the end feels bitter.
But honestly, if he was really dying, it would be hard to do all that with his body without showing some pain so I'm not feeling this theory much.
Anyway, the end was still very emotional with all the farewells, Sakamoto sad face hit me hard.
8/10 it was a fun ride.
Baby, daijobanai...
Jul 2, 2016 9:57 AM

Jan 2016
I came here for answers, and I got them. But I still thinking in other idea: Sakamoto is already dead. This make sense if we consider that he knows how to cook, to play the piano, to dive and have a strong body; maybe he'd never seen the snow because when he was alive he was in another place not because he always was sick because if he was so sick so he cannot go to see the snow I think less learn to dive. So, I consider, Sakamoto is already dead but he had a lot of regrets and he gets the oportunity to return for do all those things. And this explain the question that Hayabusa ask him at the end, because he knows the truth and he want to confirm that now Sakamoto can depart in peace.
But I really prefer to believe he's not human and for this reason in episode 2 he comments that the human species is very interesting, therefore he cannot have close relationships with others.
Although above all I'll keep the image of that Sakamoto turning the worst situacion in something better.
Roco27Jul 2, 2016 10:22 AM
Jul 2, 2016 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Roco27 said:
I came here for answers, and I got them. But I still thinking in other idea: Sakamoto is already dead. This make sense if we consider that he knows how to cook, to play the piano, to dive and have a strong body; maybe he'd never seen the snow because when he was alive he was in another place not because he always was sick because if he was so sick so he cannot go to see the snow I think less learn to dive. So, I consider, Sakamoto is already dead but he had a lot of regrets and he gets the oportunity to return for do all those things. And this explain the question that Hayabusa ask him at the end, because he knows the truth and he want to confirm that now Sakamoto can depart in peace.
But I really prefer to believe he's not human and for this reason in episode 2 he comments that the human species is very interesting, therefore he cannot have close relationships with others.

horitsubastudent said:
I thought Sakamoto would be a Nanny McPhee like existence, cause he helped everyone and when he wasn't needed anymore he went away. Never imagined he could be actually dying. This makes the end feels bitter.
But honestly, if he was really dying, it would be hard to do all that with his body without showing some pain so I'm not feeling this theory much.
Anyway, the end was still very emotional with all the farewells, Sakamoto sad face hit me hard.
8/10 it was a fun ride.

@Roco27 --> For the ''he's not human'', it also works in a way where he can't have human relationships with others because he's always confined in a hospital ( except for that one year, his last one )

@horitsubastudent --> Some fatal diseases do not really damage your body's strength at all, plus most of what he does ( except all the REAAAALLY physical stuff, which isn't actually that present ) is something anyone could do, but they are presented in such an exaggerated way that Sakamoto looks like a friggin god in our eyes and in the eyes of the other characters

Anyways, let's wait for the OVA, maybe that could clear up some of the questions? Who knows.
Jul 2, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
Honestly, the ending was good. Atsushi is saved, Fukase is defeated and left the school for good, Sakamoto also parts way to an unknown place and his class tells him farewell in a funny and heartwarning way. I liked that face of Sakamoto when he sees his classmates for the last time, it looked like if he was about to cry. Nice closure.

Respecting the series, tbh, the comedy was very hit or miss. I never laughed hard in any of the episodes, and the most the comedy of the series did to me was giving me some laughs, but, apart of that, I found that aspect of the series more amusing than funny. Basically, the series it's one of thoses shows who use one gag and exploit it again and again, and while at first it was entertaining, I got tired at the end.
The voice acting was good, but apart of Kubota and Sera, everyone else sounded okay and not over-the-top enough to make me laugh (and that is one of the main factors in a comedy for me).

However, the series compensates that by adding some heartwarning and inspirational moments of the characters developing or becoming better individuals thanks to Sakamoto's help, who made his farewell at the end even more sad, and that is probably the best thing of the series.

6/10. Now, time to wait for the 13th episode in October.
Jul 2, 2016 10:20 AM

Oct 2011
omfg both ansatsu and sakamoto giving me feels😢
Jul 2, 2016 10:26 AM
Aug 2015
I'm gonna miss this series.

My poor swag baby was crying under the pie T.T 8/10 overall

People's theories are interesting to read *o*
Jul 2, 2016 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
Out of the theories thing, I will definitely miss this anime. It was pretty great and made me laugh, except one or two episodes I found a little boring ( I'm looking at you, episode with the kids. I didn't like you. ). The two lasts episodes got pretty dark even without the theories, which I don't see often in Comedy anime, although I haven't even watched 100 anime yet soooo...

Overall? 9/10? 10/10? I'm not rating with critics and stuff, just from personal enjoyment.

As for THIS episode... Sakamoto/10
Jul 2, 2016 11:05 AM

Feb 2015
Man, this finale hurts. Sakamoto you will be missed.
Jul 2, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 2014
Love this anime, so cool, funny and give feels.

10/10
Jul 2, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2012
wawon0 said:
I came here to laugh, not to feel

This is basically 90% of us all right now.
Hearing that the 12 episodes covered the mangas, I'm scared of what I'll see in the ova aka episode 13. What if this theory is true ? IT'S GONNA BE WORSE THAN CLANNAD ;_; ((((For me))))
Jul 2, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
As funny as this show could be at its best, it wasn't there often enough and was probably a victim of its own run time; honestly, this would've been way better a short.

7/10
Jul 2, 2016 11:36 AM

Nov 2015
Rly nice ending, sakamoto is a boss 8/10
ShijinJul 2, 2016 11:39 AM
Jul 2, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
So I was about to ask where Sakamoto's actually going, but damn didn't expect that.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 2, 2016 11:40 AM
Apr 2014
RIP Sakamoto, curious about episode 13's content
7/10.
Jul 2, 2016 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
Great finale! Really sad to see Sakamoto go. That dying theory really does seem plausible o_O

Anyway, this show was for me more about how Sakamoto positively influenced and changed those around him in crafty, yet often times funny ways. Each episode left me with a warm feeling.

Bumped this up to an 8/10.
I need sleep.
Jul 2, 2016 12:17 PM
Jul 2016
Francesco_Wang said:
i found out that there is a disease in japane called "sakamoto disease" so....
if the theory about his death is right he should be named after this disease?
AmejiHunter said:
Matsuzaka54 said:

Episode 11 he said he never see snows on the ground...thats because he always stay in the hospital or his house because he's sick...now that he knows he's dying...time to do everything so no regrets

That is... sad.

Jul 2, 2016 12:32 PM

Dec 2014
I didn't think I was going to be hit with the feels... damnit I'm going to miss this show and it's characters
Jul 2, 2016 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
poor Acchan he was used by that bastard well at least he got what he deserved and Sakamoto is leaving to work with Nasa i think? or he's not?
Jul 2, 2016 12:49 PM

Apr 2016
horitsubastudent said:
I thought Sakamoto would be a Nanny McPhee like existence, cause he helped everyone and when he wasn't needed anymore he went away.

I thought the same.

Francesco_Wang said:

Probably :'(

I gonna read the manga 'cause I need to confirm the dying theory.
When I watch this episode, something didn't make sense. Now, all those feels and Sakamoto x Hayabusa talk makes sense for me.
I'm so sad rn OTL
Jul 2, 2016 12:53 PM

Dec 2014
Great farewell episode.

Sakamoto turning that attack into one of the greatest graduation speeches ever.
Lol Fukase xD
Sakamoto leaving the school, He will be missed. For the first time ever his expression changed :o
That pie face at the end XD

Overall, Really entertaining series. Sakamoto's never ending swag each week was really enjoyable to see, Waiting for episode 13.
8/10
Jul 2, 2016 1:02 PM
May 2016
Sakamoto is Jesus Christ. That's why he's amazing.

Jul 2, 2016 1:05 PM

Aug 2014
That was a sweet ending. Wish we got more answers about Sakamoto, but I guess that's fine. Didn't find the series very funny though, just kinda ridiculous.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jul 2, 2016 1:08 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
After that episode all I can say is... Stay Fabulous, Studio Deen.
Jul 2, 2016 1:25 PM

Sep 2014
Pretty much perfect way to end the series, at times I didn't find some jokes funny but most of the time I did. Overall it was very fun to watch :D

Jul 2, 2016 1:30 PM
Dec 2015
Oh that ending, it was so bittersweet! And he cried, didn't he? And that shot when his now ex-classmates calling after him killed me. This was honestly a really good episode that really tugged at my heartstrings.
Jul 2, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
Francesco_Wang said:
Francesco_Wang said:
AmejiHunter said:

That is... sad.

I swear this theory makes more and more sense to me every minute.
Jul 2, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2014
Lucky96u said:

FAREWELL SAKAMOTO-KUN!!!!!!!

That's totally a Bleach reference

No it is not.

@OP: I died a bit inside today, i was not expecting this tbh.
Jul 2, 2016 2:23 PM

May 2015
What an amazing finale! Out of all the anime I watched this season, I have to say Swagamoto had the best finale. They wrapped up all the loose ends from Atsushi's problems to Fukase finally graduating from the school to Sakamoto leaving for America. Besides, a graduation is always a nice way to end a series. And it gave Sakamoto the chance to give that amazing speech with the help of Atsushi. Though, the theories about Sakamoto being on his deathbed are quite interesting. I really wonder if that's true?

All in all, Deen really delivered with this series. It was a faithful adaptation from what I've read, had nice animation, a good soundtrack, and a balanced mix of comedy and sentimental parts. Really, I don't understand why people are always hating on Deen. They do a really good job, and it is especially evident here in Sakamoto as well as in Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu from last season. Oh well, maybe they're just on a roll for 2016!

Back to Sakamoto, I'm also looking forward to the OVA!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 2, 2016 2:39 PM
Apr 2015
So I honestly thought he was an alien (Because of how he always seemed to study human behavior and his unconventional ways to solve problems) and went in here to see if anybody had a similar though.

I did under no circumstances prepare myself to be hit so hard in the feels with this death theory...

But after reading stuff I have to agree.

Also, when they talk about the "Rumor" they also mention cherry blossom trees, which is really often affiliated with death in anime, so that only made the case for me......

So this was just really sad, but really awesome and cool, cooler, coolest, and well. I'm going to cry in a corner now.
Jul 2, 2016 3:17 PM

Jul 2015
This anime was really fun to watch, Sakamoto was fabulous. I was quite bothered because nothing was showed about his life, thoughts etc.
I was just gonna end my post with "Sakamoto remains a mystery" but I read the dying theories and it makes a lot of sense, now my whole body aches.
Jul 2, 2016 3:25 PM

Jan 2016
A touching episode where Sakamoto has to hide his sadness to stay cool. Did not expect this much drama in a comedy genre.

I love when anime has jazz soundtrack and here is no exception. I also liked Fukase voice; it's unique.

The middle portion of the anime was more bland than the first few episodes when I was laughing so hard. But still, one of the best, if not the best anime this spring season!

8/10

Can't wait for one more episode...
Jul 2, 2016 4:00 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Much sadness at the ending of a very entertaining series. The fun twists and humourous solutions made it a fun series. In the end....too much Sakamoto was just enough. 9/10 for always cheering me up every week.
Jul 2, 2016 4:06 PM

May 2016
Yo, I don't believe Sakamoto when he said he was leaving because he was recognized by NASA, there's some juicy mystery about that.

Is there a REAL reason why Sakamoto left?
Sev is for Seven

Seven ate nine

Seven is BETTER than everyone
Jul 2, 2016 4:08 PM

Mar 2014
I did not expect myself to be having FEELS for this anime. Something about the last episode was just heart breaking. When the students bid farewell to Sakamoto, it felt like they were saying goodbye to a piece of their childhood that they will never get back or see ever again. Then I read the death theory, and that just made me feel more teary...
8/10. This swag comedy is gold
Jul 2, 2016 4:18 PM

Feb 2013
I liked this show. I thought it was going to be stupid too. But it was very enjoyable.

7/10
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

479 by ELUNMSUK »»
Sep 13, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2016

144 by zxny007 »»
Aug 28, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

133 by Humaneky »»
Aug 19, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

135 by Artromex »»
Aug 16, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto desu ga? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

126 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 21, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.