Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2016 12:18 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing how little attention this is getting, I'm a little concerned this might not be getting a sub. Now I know some series just take longer than others due to demand and such, but with this being one of my most hyped anime from this season, I'm a little paranoid it won't be getting a sub. Same thing happened one of the last season with something I was looking forward to, and it still has no sub to this day...
Apr 5, 2016 12:31 AM

Nov 2014
Unlikely :(
But there's always a chance. Check it regularly, hopefully a fansub group will pick up this one
It might get subs a bit late similar to Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage from last season~
ManaApr 5, 2016 12:34 AM
Apr 5, 2016 12:43 AM

Jul 2015
My disappointment will be off the charts if it doesn't get one. Easily in my top three most anticipated of the season. It just looks so friggin adorable! I need this! DX
Apr 6, 2016 2:06 PM

May 2009
Fansubbing is dead ;_;
Apr 6, 2016 10:25 PM

Jun 2014
I doubt it.

I'm going to watch it..... RAW!
Apr 7, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
Hopefully a fansubbing group picks it up. It looks like it could be a nice series to watch.
Apr 8, 2016 1:02 AM

Nov 2011
so a fansub probably saw this thread and rushed to be the first to release their sub.
quite a few mistakes due to rush:

perfect kiss -> ideal kiss

You do know that Sakurada-kun is a popular idol right?
-> Sakurada-kun is a popular idol, isn't he?
in the translation, she's reminding Hanabi that he's an idol, while in the original, she only made a casual remark. nothing more.

You're saying something a typical girl would say.
->You sound just like a girl.
unnatural English is unnatural.

Even though I would like to talk about romance....I'm just too embarassed to do so.
-> I want to fall in love (that is, experience romance), but I'm still embarrassed.
not talk about romance, but experience it. quite a difference in meaning.

pink with water droplet patterns
-> pink with polka dots.
they should use a dictionary

all you think of him is normal?
-> you don't think (he's cool)?

Yeah, if there's something special about Takao I just don't see it.
-> About Takao, I don't know what he's thinking.
they rewrote the script here.

He's so cool
->I'm so cool
...and messed up the translation here.

I'm not one bit interested in those big legs of hers.
-> I don't want to see your panties anyway.
another instance of script being completely rewritten.

Seriously, why do boys behave so irrationally?
-> Why are guys so immature (literally: why are boys so children-like)

You should stop wearing skirts for life.
-> Don't come here wearing a skirt.
Hiyama is just trying to protect Yui in his own way, by telling her not to come with a dress (so that she doesn't become a victim). this nuance is thrown out the window in the translation.

No one told us anything about this.
-> You did a popularity election?
the translation implies that she's just bothered for not being informed beforehand, while she's actually bothered they did the election in the first place

edit: actually, the boys did such a thing (popularity election)
might be a better translation. she never asked, but only stated.
maybe there's a more natural way of saying this - it's pretty literal translation.

And now the worst results with a pitiful number of votes will go to...
-> And now the least popular, pitiful girl goes to
there's a difference in nuance here. they refer to the last girl as pitiful and basically a girl least wanted, while the sub only mentions it as being the worst result with least votes.

What do you think you students are doing?!
-> What are you doing?

Why is it only our class's boys and girls can't get along with each other?
-> Why don't girls and boys in this class get along with each other?
the original never mentioned about being the only class. this was fabricated by the translator.

Asking us a question like we'd know the answer to that...
->Even if you ask...

Absolutely not!
-> No likes and dislikes. Become friends with the partner next to your seat.
in the translation, the teacher seems opposed to her being with Takao, when she just wants her to get along with the partner next to her.

well, the scene with Cocoa and Hanabi was well done.

But Sensei did give something to me that would help me.
-> The teacher gave me that, but i think I need more of it

I'm still a child but I wonder...What will my life be like as an adult?
-> I wonder if a child like me can become an adult

But since you're putting in so much effort for me, I wish you good luck.
-> But you're working hard to become good at it, aren't you.
he never said "for me". he doesn't sound egotistical like the translator makes it seem.

Why did I get such an unlucky pair like you?
->Do you really not want me as your pair?
again, the translator completely changed the script.

I bet you are ignoring me on purpose.
-> What are you looking at..? (Takao is looking down at the window)
seriously? did the translator gave up here..?

And I think I just had my very first kiss.
-> And I just had my first kiss.
there's no need for "i think" and "very".

I really don't know...
-> Is it becasue I rushed, or...?
the translation loses the nuance that she's becoming aware of her feelings towards Takao.
she never felt love before, so she first assumes her heart is beating fast because she ran to help her friend get better.

Its okay for you to get mad at me, Ayase.
-> You didn't look happy today
not quite, but i feel this is miles close to the actual wording.
genki = full of energy / vigor
genki nakatta = past, negative form of above.

I should've explain everything yesterday.
-> I should have apologized yesterday.
there's nothing to explain. he thinks he needs to apologize for being rude and not considering Hanabi's feelings.

You promised not to get close to Takao-Kun didn't you?
-> You told me that you were not interested in Takao, didn't you?
she never promised. she only said that she wasn't interested in him.

the girls will get mad at me.
-> I'll be excluded from other girls / The girls will avoid me.
the difference here is that, if she doesn't do as told, she risks being socially isolated.
this is not shown in the translation. granted, it can be inferred, but still...
DreamingBeatsApr 8, 2016 3:13 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 8, 2016 2:00 AM
Feb 2013
DreamingBeats said:
so a fansub probably saw this thread and rushed to be the first to release their sub.
quite a few mistakes due to rush:

Thanks for taking time to correct the subs. Sorry for making so many mistakes, I just felt bad that this show wasn't being sub by any group so I tried to translate the Chinese subtitles from another release to English. I left a link on the torrent to your response so that anyone to wants something more accurate can refer to your reply.

Again sorry for providing rather awful rushed subtitles. :(
Apr 8, 2016 2:02 AM

Nov 2011
going from Chinese to English is a horrible, [strike]horriblesub[/strike] idea.
a lot get messed up on the way.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Apr 8, 2016 2:03 AM
Feb 2013
DreamingBeats said:

Yeah I can see that now... Well lesson learnt. Probably won't do the next episode haha. I'm sure a proper fansub group will pick up the show soon.
Apr 8, 2016 2:05 AM

Nov 2011
nerdoxian said:
DreamingBeats said:

Yeah I can see that now... Well lesson learnt. Probably won't do the next episode haha. I'm sure a proper fansub group will pick up the show soon.

sorry if i sounded harsh, but yea. i think proof-reading would be enough. some parts seemed fine.

Apr 8, 2016 2:06 AM

Jun 2014
nerdoxian said:
DreamingBeats said:

nerdoxian said:
DreamingBeats said:

I hope. 12 Sai reeks of no subs.
Apr 8, 2016 2:11 AM
Feb 2013
DreamingBeats said:
nerdoxian said:

sorry if i sounded harsh, but yea. i think proof-reading would be enough. some parts seemed fine.

No not at all, its nice to have someone correct me so that I can learn from my mistakes.
Apr 8, 2016 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
the series should be fairly easy for experienced fansubbers.
maybe they just don't have this series high on their priority list.
i don't doubt someone more experienced will deliver, but it might take longer than usual.

Apr 8, 2016 5:40 AM

Dec 2008
naki13 said:
DreamingBeats said:
pink with water droplet patterns
-> pink with polka dots.
they should use a dictionary
Technically, "mizu tama" could literally mean "water drop" even if its common usage is for "polka dots" which is abbreviation of "mizu tama moyou".

You two could work together to be the ultimate team!

^
Why don't you proofread for him/her?
Apr 8, 2016 5:40 AM

Oct 2014
If someone here can understand portuguese (like me), there is already a PT/BR version subbed and released!

I honestly prefer english subs, but it's better than nothing =P
Apr 8, 2016 5:42 AM

Jan 2011
I just wish the rest of the OVAs would get subs.
Apr 8, 2016 5:42 AM

Oct 2012
nerdoxian said:

Dude, just don't let the series languish without any subs. This is too good to leave untranslated.

And honestly, less-than-perfect subtitles are better than awful subtitles. I've seen worse from people who just rushed through with their first episode, and yours are legible, clean, and with correct grammar and spelling. So while it's not a quasi-professional job like UTW or anything, it's still leaps and bounds ahead of what I was fearing it would be after starting to read this thread.

Please be back for next week. We need this.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 8, 2016 9:58 AM

Feb 2011
OffColfax said:
nerdoxian said:

Dude, just don't let the series languish without any subs. This is too good to leave untranslated.

And honestly, less-than-perfect subtitles are better than awful subtitles. I've seen worse from people who just rushed through with their first episode, and yours are legible, clean, and with correct grammar and spelling. So while it's not a quasi-professional job like UTW or anything, it's still leaps and bounds ahead of what I was fearing it would be after starting to read this thread.

Please be back for next week. We need this.
Seconded. I know the subs are nowhere near perfect but I understood what was going on in the show just fine. I really appreciate the work and I quite like the show too.
Apr 8, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
Well, there is an English sub available now! I haven't watched it yet, so I can't really comment on the quality of the translation or anything, but it's up on KissAnime at least if you wanna see for yourself.
Apr 8, 2016 10:46 AM

Dec 2010
Oh my god you guys are so awesome .such a good show with no subs is so wrong i mean you have all these fansubers mostly subbing the same shows and not one would take the time to sub an unknown show.Well to put a long story short i was so looking forward to this show so i asked chihiro fansub but they said quote
Not interested in kodomo shows. I believe there are other groups interested in this kind of shows.
so i then asked doki fansubs ,still no reply,then i try translating from Spanish subs reached a quarter into it then to find out it was already translated.so to all of you thanks for the effort
Apr 8, 2016 12:32 PM

Nov 2011
ReaperCreeper said:

i wish they would get released at all. i'm fine if raw, but wasn't able to find them.
iirc, they correspond to the first volume of the manga, so there's that.

edit:
@Crazy_Cofee_Cat
i'm not really that good with the language. i just pointed out some obvious mistakes.

something tells me that kissanime used the sub that the guy/girl here posted

Apr 8, 2016 12:44 PM
Mar 2011
DreamingBeats said:
ReaperCreeper said:

i wish they would get released at all. i'm fine if raw, but wasn't able to find them.

edit:
@Crazy_Cofee_Cat
i'm not really that good with the language. i just pointed out some obvious mistakes.

use Japanese p2p to get raws like all the subbers who sub from srach do
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"๏ปฟ

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 8, 2016 1:18 PM

Nov 2011
DateYutaka said:

i know you can use torrents, but i avoid it like the plague.

Apr 8, 2016 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
hack5 said:
Oh my god you guys are so awesome .such a good show with no subs is so wrong i mean you have all these fansubers mostly subbing the same shows and not one would take the time to sub an unknown show.Well to put a long story short i was so looking forward to this show so i asked chihiro fansub but they said quote
Not interested in kodomo shows. I believe there are other groups interested in this kind of shows.
so i then asked doki fansubs ,still no reply,then i try translating from Spanish subs reached a quarter into it then to find out it was already translated.so to all of you thanks for the effort
I'm currently subbing Ore-sama Kingdom which is a fairly similar anime. It's 14 episodes and currently only the first two episodes are subbed, but I'm working on it.
Apr 8, 2016 1:41 PM
Mar 2011
DreamingBeats said:
DateYutaka said:

i know you can use torrents, but i avoid it like the plague.

i mean stuff like winny or wiint style programs when i say P2P
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"๏ปฟ

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 8, 2016 2:40 PM

Dec 2010
zombie_pegasus said:
hack5 said:
I'm currently subbing Ore-sama Kingdom which is a fairly similar anime. It's 14 episodes and currently only the first two episodes are subbed, but I'm working on it.

Ok i look forward to it keep up the good work thanks for the reply
Apr 8, 2016 3:15 PM

Nov 2011
i mistakingly posted this in the other topic. will delete that other after posting this.

reading up the given translation, there's a few more mistakes to be noted:

When Takao smiled, it made me really happy
-> When Takao smiles, it makes me happy.

I don't want to ruin the hard work that we put in together to practice for this test.
-> I don't want to make Takao sad.
there's no real equivalent for ๏ฝžใ—ใฆใใ‚Œใ‚‹
it's used when someone did a favor to someone else.
literally, it would mean something along the lines of
I don't want to make Takao, who did the favor of practicing together with me, sad.
but that's a pretty long translation and doesn't sound natural. note that there's emotion in her phrase, something that's not readily translatable.

Perfect. You two pass the test.
-> You two practiced a lot, didn't you.

Its not that I don't dislike the boys in this class.
-> I also had a time where i felt frustrated/angry/irritated with the boys.
or I also felt frustrated/angry/irritated with the boys once.

But its because not all boys are that mean.
->But just because of that feeling of frustration, losing on purpose and giving up is cowardice.

I don't want to be like this.
-> I don't want to do it.
that is, I don't want to play badly on purpose. I don't want to be such a coward.

I-It wasn't me...
-> But I...
literally: Such a thing
in the original, Hanabi doens't outright deny that she did.
the complete sentence would be "but i didn't do such a thing"

You can stop crying now.
-> So don't mess with her.
ๆ‰‹ใ‚’ๅ‡บใ™ literallt means to reach one's hand. in this case, it means to pick on her, to make her feel bad. etc.

We crossed the limit this time.
-> We didn't know that period hurt that much.

edit:
by the by, here's the transcript for the first episode.
maybe someone more experienced with Japanese (and with time to spare) can use it to give a better translation...or for those who want to double-check the translations provided by fansubs:

script:

note: the thing in ใ€Žใ€ i wasn't really sure.
also note that one of the guys who speaks don't seem to have a name, so i just left it as a generic "boy". i'm also not sure about ใ‚ใ‚„ใ„ใŒใ•
but i suspect she's referring about the drawing in the blackboard showing the names of the couple under an umbrella (to signify that they're a couple). basically like how it was done in Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari MV. that would be pretty embarrassing for them.
didn't bother doing that live part, since i don't think people will care anyway.

edit 2: fixed typo
edit 3: corrected, thanks @naki13
DreamingBeatsApr 8, 2016 10:48 PM

Apr 8, 2016 8:16 PM

Nov 2011
naki13 said:

should be ใ€Œใ‚จใ‚คใ‚ณใƒผใ€ใŠใ„ใ€‚่จ€ใ„ๅ‡บใ—ใŸใฎใฏๆตœๅ๏ผˆใฏใพใช๏ผ‰ใ‹ใ€‚
Asking if it was Hamana who suggested it.

ใ‚ใ‚„ใ„ใŒใ• should be ็›ธๅˆๅ‚˜ ‎(ใ‚ใ„ใ‚ใ„ใŒใ•๏ผ‰
which is exactly the thing you are thinking about, although it doesn't always have to be on blackboard.

ah, thanks! i tried looking, but i didn't know the term for that in English ^^;;
i also felt it might be something else, since google images didn't give the images i was hoping.

Apr 8, 2016 10:43 PM

Dec 2008
DreamingBeats said:
ReaperCreeper said:

edit:
@Crazy_Cofee_Cat

Even just a bit help to make subs more understandable should be better than nothing at all.
Well I do understand that it's sounds like a hassle tho
Apr 9, 2016 12:44 AM
Feb 2013
Looks like Doremi Fansub will be picking up this show.

We can expect some good quality subs from now on. :)
nerdoxianApr 9, 2016 12:51 AM
Apr 9, 2016 3:35 AM

Feb 2011
nerdoxian said:
Looks like Doremi Fansub will be picking up this show.

We can expect some good quality subs from now on. :)
Now that just made my day.
Apr 10, 2016 1:36 AM

Nov 2011
so i looked at the sub provided by Doremi.
seems miles better than the one we had before. but they seem to have missed a few things...

Don't you ever wear skirts again!
->Don't ever come (to school) wearing a skirt.
again, as i said. he's trying to warn her not to come wearing a skirt, so that she doesn't fall prey like other girls. the implication is that he's trying to protect her. of course, Yui doesn't know about any plans that the boys had about flipping her skirt, so she's confused.

The boys sure are bored.
->literally: The boys did that sort of thing.
the implication of "They did that sort of thing." is that
the boys are so immature that they even went so far as making a popularity contest.
there's a tone of criticism, which is absent in the given translation.
of course, the literal translation sounds a bit unnatural, so they probably tried to come up with something that, while not correct, flows with the scene.

Why is our class the only one where the boys and girls don't get along?
->Why don't boys and girls in this class not get along at all?
again, she never said that it was the only class, only that boys and girls didn't get along in that class.

overall not bad. not sure why they find it necessary to put romaji in the song credits though.

basically, this is like a reminder that subs are not for learning, but rather for enjoying the show. (and yes, some people still think of learning the language through subs)

Apr 10, 2016 2:07 PM

Mar 2009
I'm surprised Crunchyroll didn't pick this one up.

Thanks for all the translations in this thread, btw.
Apr 11, 2016 4:31 AM

May 2010
DreamingBeats said:
overall not bad. not sure why they find it necessary to put romaji in the song credits though.
Perhaps for the people who can't read Japanese kana/kanji but know the romaji and can understand a few words. Also helps if they ever wanna sing the song.
Apr 15, 2016 10:47 PM

Feb 2016
This show is probably the first one I've followed from the beginning where the french sub comes out before the english one. Well at least on Kickass Torrents anyway.
Apr 16, 2016 11:47 AM

Aug 2013
@DreamingBeats
That script which you posted, is there any page in the web with scripts for all anime? It would be helpful as hell when I'm translating something to my language, because there are many situations when I'm spending a few minutes (or longer) because I can't hear the lines, because of background noise or specific way of spelling.

Btw, is this translation really that good? Even if I understand enough Japanese for watching raws, sometimes I just can't hear something, so I still prefer to watch with subs.
I know doremi and I know how they are translating, it's usually commie shit level. Localised, liberalized, americanized crap with changed dialogues. I don't want a subs like this.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 16, 2016 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
rsc-pl said:
@DreamingBeats
That script which you posted, is there any page in the web with scripts for all anime? It would be helpful as hell when I'm translating something to my language, because there are many situations when I'm spending a few minutes (or longer) because I can't hear the lines, because of background noise or specific way of spelling.

Btw, is this translation really that good? Even if I understand enough Japanese for watching raws, sometimes I just can't hear something, so I still prefer to watch with subs.
I know doremi and I know how they are translating, it's usually commie shit level. Localised, liberalized, americanized crap with changed dialogues. I don't want a subs like this.

i only watched the 1st episode, and read through their script. there were a few misses/minor issues, but overall it wasn't bad. definitely a step up over what we had before (which was a re-translation from Chinese subs to English)
for Japanese subs, there's kitsunekko, but i don't think there's a raw sub for this series yet. the one posted i had to write everything from scratch (thus the mistakes that people pointed out).
edit: and it's possible i missed a few more mistakes, as i only skimmed through the translation file.

Apr 17, 2016 3:32 PM

Nov 2011
i find subs with "~chan" "~senpai" etc to be a bit cringy
not sure which liberal parts you're talking about. maybe i missed something, but last time i checked, it seemed fine overall. granted, i only took a glance at the translation file.

on another note, just noticed that someone translated the last word in the title
ใ‚ญใ‚นใƒปใ‚ญใƒฉใ‚คใƒปใ‚นใ‚ญ
as "kiss"
ใ‚นใ‚ญ=/= kiss

May 13, 2016 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
@up right the title should be translated as Kiss, Dislike, Love. You can even tell it from whole episode context.

Anyway if somebody is wondering, this translation is pretty nice. Definitely not liberalized, I also (MUCH) prefer to have honorifics included in subs, but in this show they are not using it often anyway.
rsc-plMay 13, 2016 9:52 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.

More topics from this board

» Is this the same story as the 2014 OVA?

MrYandereFan26 - Jan 10

1 by Sakura_2345 »»
Jan 12, 6:50 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2016

30 by ims-tokyo »»
Aug 30, 2022 7:17 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2016

31 by XNohaco2468 »»
Aug 3, 2021 8:40 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2016

94 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 2, 2021 1:32 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 4, 2021 1:31 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.