Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2014 4:26 PM

Mar 2012
I just saw it's score and 7.10 is low. Why don't people like it?... Am I the only one who found it to be really funny?

What are your thoughts on this?

PS: Teacher Becky is the best character in the series xD
Mar 17, 2014 4:28 PM

Jun 2012
7.10/10 is low?
I thought 7/10 was considered "good"

bigzzcobzz said:
Am I the only one who found it to be remotely funny?
Quite possibly.
Mar 17, 2014 8:24 PM

Oct 2010
Probably because it has a lot of "deviant" humor that some people can't take.
I personally think it's one of the pillars holding up this season.
Mar 17, 2014 8:54 PM

Mar 2014
I think if Norin isn't popular, the following would be the cause.

1. Nourin has the extreme two sides. One side shows completely ridiculous comedies with many parodies/references, and the other one goes seriously. We are forced to come and go them repeatedly.

For those who want only hilarious episodes anyway, the serious parts about agriculture is not needed. And those who seek something serious do not want to see their vulgar comedies. As a result, the people other than to be able to enjoy both sides, would have been forced to endure it.

2. I have noticed there are many posts of wanting love romance of the main characters in MAL. For now, Nourin can not be said to respond entirely on it.

3. The parodies/references are too many. There are a lot of parts that are configured in almost parodies/references. Some people do not like it.

Thinking in total, that it is not a work to entertain a lot of people, though I think it is the very important anime.

...I'm sorry If you can not understand that my English words. 
Mar 28, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
nah, i think you nailed it dmrch. I liked the episodes that were a little more serious with some comedy interspersed, but disliked the episodes that were more focused on the ridiculous. That's actually why I stopped watching a while ago, and why I'm still on the fence about finishing this series.

also, don't worry about the english. it's a little rough, but you get your point across just fine :)
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Mar 28, 2014 11:04 PM

Jun 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
7.10/10 is low?
I thought 7/10 was considered "good"

bigzzcobzz said:
Am I the only one who found it to be remotely funny?
Quite possibly.

Say what you will about the effectiveness of any rating system where the ratings are inherently subjective, but if there's one thing I've noticed about the rating system on MAL, it's that generally shows rated less than 7 tend to be bad by popular opinion. And yet a show has to be pretty damn magical to get over ~8.5 on the community level around here.
Mar 29, 2014 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
I think it's cause the humour can be very vulgar which isn't to everyone's tastes. I personally loved it but I can imagine why a lot of people wouldn't.

To me this show is way underrated. I loved the mix of humour, drama and educational agriculture. People on MAL are too obsessed with pairing up their favourite characters and they can't handle it when not everything turns out like some sappy romance drama or something...
Mar 29, 2014 7:40 AM

Aug 2013
bigzzcobzz said:
I just saw it's score and 7.10 is low. Why don't people like it?... Am I the only one who found it to be really funny?

Lot of people don't like Becky-sensei for some reason :(
Mar 29, 2014 11:51 AM
Jun 2012
rasenshiruken973 said:

To me Becky-Sensie is quite interesting and entertaining. Nourin is a good anime and has some awesome parts but there are some parts that are lacking..
7.5/10 should be perfect for this show.
Mar 29, 2014 4:29 PM
Jan 2014
It's unpopular bacause it is bad.

The show goes back and forth leaning towards "take this show seriously" or "No don't. Fanservice to the max." The show can't make up its mind. It's good to have drama and comedy aspects, but the show went to far on that.

The comedy mostly relied on parodies. The author mainly used the idea of others into his without thinking a good, fresh comedy to make Nourin stand out.

The drama was also bad. Ringo can't smile at all!? Problem with expressing emotion is only a genetic disorder. So the author just pulled something out and inserted his so-called drama. It only gets worse that she disregards Hata later for Minori, after the letter event, but she goes after Hata again!

Hata's hate for agriculture wasn't foreshadowed in the beginning. It seemed like he enjoyed it at first, dealing with the ups and downs without too much trouble. His hate only showed up in the end of the series.

There are other problems with this series, but I think this reasoning is good enough as to why Nourin isn't as good as people though it would be.
Mar 29, 2014 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
any anime above 8 is good.
7 is just average. Not good but not bad.

I think it's because the plot wasn't good enough. yes, they did have a bit of humor here and there, and that there were some serious stuff. But in general, it went no where and did nothing.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Mar 29, 2014 4:56 PM

Nov 2008
aoroa said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

To me Becky-Sensie is quite interesting and entertaining. Nourin is a good anime and has some awesome parts but there are some parts that are lacking..

Becky is annoying, she'd make a great lay though, I'd fuck her until she lost consciousness but that's risky as I'm afraid she may get yandere-ish thoughts once she wakes up since she's so mentally unstable.

Mar 29, 2014 6:54 PM

Dec 2012
Maybe because of that ending.. Why can't studios just pick a girl it's pretty irritating
Mar 29, 2014 7:47 PM

Mar 2014
They may also think Nourin is trash, but there is also a such view. Let me say the following.

I think the biggest cause was due to position of the person to receive Nourin. It is the same that the Japanese can discuss only about the comedy, if look at an anime dealing with issues of medical insurance in the United States. I think personally that Nourin is the anime for very domestic.

It introduces the problems of agriculture business and of the countryside in Japan. Many people in Japan ignore them, because of the difficulty to solve. I and the almost fans of Nourin in Japan believe that the Nourin author deals many humor to soften it. By doing so, he tries to make us think about them. In fact, he spent more than one year to gather materials to it in his countryside. With extreme argument, not really matter such as the comedy or such as their love for us.

Looking at Nourin, we start the discussion about the promotion policy of countryside, food self-sufficiency rate in Japan, large-scale policy of agriculture and agricultural subsidies. For example, more than 300 posts discussed about them were written every week in the huge internet forum in Japan.

But for many of those who do not know the premise of these in MAL, Japanese problems are not interest. Almost people in the world never mind that several-million unemployment would arise in Japan and majority of Japanese farmers would be eliminated by the free trade agreement.

Because we know how difficult it is to start farming in Japan, we can understand that Kousaku didn't choose Ringo immediately in the end. But people in overseas would not permit his behavior because they want to see his love romance. There is a large difference of views between the positions of those who watch it.
Mar 30, 2014 5:47 AM

Aug 2013
aoroa said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

Yeah I loved her volatile nature and she's pretty darn cute for a 40 year old :P
Mar 30, 2014 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
dmrch said:
They may also think Nourin is trash, but there is also a such view. Let me say the following.

I think the biggest cause was due to position of the person to receive Nourin. It is the same that the Japanese can discuss only about the comedy, if look at an anime dealing with issues of medical insurance in the United States. I think personally that Nourin is the anime for very domestic.

It introduces the problems of agriculture business and of the countryside in Japan. Many people in Japan ignore them, because of the difficulty to solve. I and the almost fans of Nourin in Japan believe that the Nourin author deals many humor to soften it. By doing so, he tries to make us think about them. In fact, he spent more than one year to gather materials to it in his countryside. With extreme argument, not really matter such as the comedy or such as their love for us.

Looking at Nourin, we start the discussion about the promotion policy of countryside, food self-sufficiency rate in Japan, large-scale policy of agriculture and agricultural subsidies. For example, more than 300 posts discussed about them were written every week in the huge internet forum in Japan.

But for many of those who do not know the premise of these in MAL, Japanese problems are not interest. Almost people in the world never mind that several-million unemployment would arise in Japan and majority of Japanese farmers would be eliminated by the free trade agreement.

Because we know how difficult it is to start farming in Japan, we can understand that Kousaku didn't choose Ringo immediately in the end. But people in overseas would not permit his behavior because they want to see his love romance. There is a large difference of views between the positions of those who watch it.

So really it just comes down to ignorance and shallow people on MAL. I mean some of the things that people discuss about episodes not just Nourin but many shows it's like they focus on one little funny bit and write one line about it in forums, or post screen shots of such-and-such's cute face, etc, and it makes them all look like immature, shallow kids. Idk if they are actually children cause I don't check everyone's age but most on this site are at least around 17 or 18 from what I see.

If MC doesn't get together with fave character A or B then by MAL standards it's a shit ending. I find that really ignorant and close minded. Sorry if I offend anyone.

I don't live in Japan nor do i know anything about agriculture but I found it fascinating the issues they brought up and how deep it delved into those problems effortlessly among the over-the-top comedy. It was very well done imo. Not perfect, but better than most.

EDIT: By the way sorry welcome to MAL I didn't notice you were a new member :)
ittou_shuraMar 30, 2014 6:02 AM
Mar 31, 2014 6:50 PM
Jan 2014
I guess people are easily amused by the simplest things rather than asking themselves if the episode is legitimately good.

If people really judge based on who goes with who, then all I can do is facepalm. The one thing that should be focused is if romance pairings are handled well?" If yes, than it's good and vice versa. For Nourin, the ending is probably for the best since development in relationship wasn't handled well, so it was best for the cliched harem ending to happen, even though it's still not that great.
Apr 1, 2014 11:41 PM

May 2010
I liked it quite a bit. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the x-factor.
Jul 17, 2014 1:21 AM
Jun 2013
The first few episodes were fantastic, it had great potential of being an excellent comedy anime like Baka to test. But then the comedy dropped off, which was the show's major downfall. It decided to go to a serious route and almost completely ignoring the comedy aspect.

In the end i still enjoyed the series but if it stuck with being a pure crazy comedy anime, it would've been much more entertaining thus would've helped it to be more popular.
Jul 19, 2014 6:46 AM

Mar 2012
It's not like 7.10 was low but it's not a good average score either, in my opinion of course.

HowTragic said:
Probably because it has a lot of "deviant" humor that some people can't take.
I personally think it's one of the pillars holding up this season.

I agree, I thought it was a good anime and then it this score... I guess it's probably a matter of taste, there's nothing we can do about ^^
Jul 19, 2014 7:17 AM

Jan 2013
Fun-graph was too spiky.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 21, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2012
shit show w/o becky...

jokes/reference/comedy were meh

plot is pretty much non-existent

this shit is almost up there with slice of life moe pubescent school girls doing the same retarded shit over and over with million of sales tbh..
Oct 25, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
The anime is underrated imo. I found it to be really enjoyable.

The rating's probably low cause
Oct 25, 2014 4:10 PM

Nov 2010
astro-kun said:
The anime is underrated imo. I found it to be really enjoyable.

The rating's probably low cause
It's been rated low since before the ending.
Oct 25, 2014 4:24 PM

Jun 2014
Probably because many viewers (like me) disappointed at romance aspect.
blessofcurseMay 5, 2015 8:56 PM
Jan 31, 2015 12:01 PM

Jan 2014
blessofcurse said:
Probably become many viewers (like me) disappointed at romance aspect
Jan 31, 2015 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
Guys, is this show worth watching?
Jan 31, 2015 3:19 PM

Jun 2012
Because the fanbase has shit taste
Apr 25, 2015 2:19 PM
Jan 2011
b1GZZ said:

Besides the utter ridiculous of a famous celebrity deciding to go to a farming school. I would say its because nobody wants to watch so many boring farm episodes.
Jul 28, 2015 9:54 PM

Jul 2014
I personally thought this was really funny, made me LOL the whole time!
Aug 6, 2015 10:36 PM

May 2014
Nourin was fun, but if I were to give it a short description it would be "'Gin no Seji' without dignity".
Feb 21, 2016 9:10 PM

Sep 2014
I thought it was a great anime can't say i understood why they made ms.Bekki look pretty hot and young but supposedly be 40yrs old and single her entire life. I mean I could understand the single her entire life if she was ugly as hell but she's not. Anyway 1 reason why the anime isn't so popular, is because there might be some people out there like my older brother who will just start watching something without reading the shows summary or what genre it goes under and after seeing 2 episodes drop it give it a bad score and then never touch it again. Someone compliments the show he'll say only why he doesn't like it. So while I personally thought it was a great anime some people who decided to go in blind and found out it doesn't go under any of the genre they like won't like it thus give it a bad score are more then likely part of the reason it's not as popular as it might've been.
Feb 21, 2016 9:44 PM

May 2015
DeamonLordZack said:
I thought it was a great anime can't say i understood why they made ms.Bekki look pretty hot and young but supposedly be 40yrs old and single her entire life. I mean I could understand the single her entire life if she was ugly as hell but she's not. Anyway 1 reason why the anime isn't so popular, is because there might be some people out there like my older brother who will just start watching something without reading the shows summary or what genre it goes under and after seeing 2 episodes drop it give it a bad score and then never touch it again. Someone compliments the show he'll say only why he doesn't like it. So while I personally thought it was a great anime some people who decided to go in blind and found out it doesn't go under any of the genre they like won't like it thus give it a bad score are more then likely part of the reason it's not as popular as it might've been.

no one cares; this thread was long dead
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Feb 21, 2016 9:58 PM

Sep 2014
Malarkey said:
DeamonLordZack said:

no one cares; this thread was long dead
There's no need to be rude I just felt like making a comment there's no rule that says someone can't comment on a open thread.
Feb 21, 2016 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
Honestly, cause other things are better & it's just not that good enough for a fan's standards.
Mar 15, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2010
Honestly when I first started watching this show I didn't really like it that much. I finished it recently in English and I actually really liked the dub, it was easier to get some of the humor and tone of their jokes, I ended up really enjoying this series the ending was weak but it had some good episodes.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Mar 15, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 2012
Nourin is funny at times but for the most part it's not that interesting. Characters are pretty bland and tropey and it's an obvious knock off of Sakurasou. Sakurasou wasn't even that good of a show to begin with.
Oct 15, 2021 7:30 AM
May 2021
Guy from 2021 here and it got down to 6.7 which is sad because the show is funny af and man its very underrated now

Edit: nvm its way too underrated now
Oct 19, 2021 2:48 AM

Aug 2018
loveyuri said:
any anime above 8 is good.
7 is just average. Not good but not bad.

I think it's because the plot wasn't good enough. yes, they did have a bit of humor here and there, and that there were some serious stuff. But in general, it went no where and did nothing.
7 is consider good 5 is average in MAL
Oct 19, 2021 2:49 AM

Aug 2018
ABirbSus said:
Guy from 2021 here and it got down to 6.7 which is sad because the show is funny af and man its very underrated now

Edit: nvm its way too underrated now
i gave it a 7 which means good, there is no romance which it promised bu it is funny more funny than other anime

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nourin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2014

67 by Lolicon »»
Feb 8, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2014

167 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2014

74 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:04 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2014

67 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Aug 23, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2014

134 by saipulipoel »»
Aug 17, 2023 7:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.