Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2016 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Goku and Vegeta's training is priceless this episode.

Hmm so the start of the new arc introduces more unusual characters. Beerus' rage is amusing, haven't seen him that pissed in a way. Champa is just as gluttonous as he is LOL. Their fight was kinda awkward imo.

Not sure what I think of this new arc yet but hopefully will be something exciting.
Jan 23, 2016 4:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was more or less like how it happened in the manga so it was good enough for me

Hopefully the anime doesn't mess this up like they did with the previous arc
Jan 23, 2016 8:53 PM
Oct 2012
This is Super's last chance, we can forget the entire 27 episodes and watch the movies, but if they screw it up this time, it's over.
Jan 23, 2016 9:00 PM

May 2015
And that's how you catch up to the manga in just 2 episodes, I wasn't expecting this! :O
Jan 24, 2016 1:55 AM

Aug 2014
Takuto_Shindou said:
This is Super's last chance, we can forget the entire 27 episodes and watch the movies, but if they screw it up this time, it's over.

You right, but this is toei animation, they suck hard unskilled animators.
Jan 24, 2016 6:47 AM

Jan 2016
who will be in team Beerus?

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Gohan
Gotenks?

or new unknown people?
Jan 24, 2016 7:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Delpus said:
who will be in team Beerus?

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Gohan
Gotenks?

or new unknown people?
If you really want to know

Not gonna spoil anything about the person mentioned in the PV but if you wanna know, the manga is a little bit ahead of the anime atm

But I died seeing how the people that does the subs changed the OP song and played an English version of it xD Also they didn't mention something about Vados and Whis power-wise but I guess they will reveal that bit next week?
Jan 24, 2016 7:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
aasgo123 said:
Well they certainly got straight down to business.
Earth's food is the best in the whole universe, confirmed! XD
Still no mention on Bra worries me a bit though. How much time has passed since the Resurrection F arc? Is this right after the Resurrection F arc?
In the manga all they said was that its been a short while since RoF so maybe 1 month?
Jan 24, 2016 7:16 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ok episode at best. Vados sure looks cute, especially when she closes one eye. I like how both Vados and Whis scolded Beerus/Champa and told them Gods of Destruction cannot fight each other or else they will destroy both universes.

5 vs 5 team fight, like WWE. Well we know Goku and Vegeta are in. Gotenks for sure won't be in because he's a fusion of 2 people, plus there is a time limit on their fusion. Unless they used Potara fusion, Gotenks on the team is discarded.

Would be nice to see Buu in action again, get as strong as Buuhan if not stronger, maybe SSJ 4 level.

I'm anxious to see the Super Shenron or Porunga or whatever Eternal Dragon the Super Dragon Balls have. He'd have to be many times bigger than the Red Shenron.

Jan 24, 2016 7:34 AM
Apr 2014
This shit is finally watchable.
Jan 24, 2016 8:06 AM

Jan 2012
28. The 6th Universe's God of Destruction - His Name's Champa
Original Airdate: January 24, 2016

Goku and Vegeta continue their training on Beerus' planet. They do one fingered pushups while wearing incredibly heavy suits. Suddenly they are knocked over by something exploding in the distance. This angers the previously sleeping but now awake Beerus. He blames and attacks the two for waking him, but the explosion was really Champa, Beerus' twin brother and God of Destruction for the 6th Universe, touching down with his attendant Vados, Whis' sister.

After the commotion settles the brothers meet to trade dishes to taste. Whis explains to Goku and Vegeta about Champa and the 12 Universes. Each has a twin determined by number adding up to 13. Their 7th with Champa's 6th for instance. When Beerus' dish proves superior Champa asks where it was made. After learning it came from earth Champa has Vados search for their earth, but it is a dark and dead planet. Their humans were wiped out by war. Angered at missing out on tons of good food, Champa challenges Beerus, who laughs at his fat and weaker brother. The two have a brief fight. The battle produces a slowly expanding shockwave of destruction around them, but they are stopped by Whis and Vados. They remind the two Gods of Destruction that they must never fight each other.

Champa reveals he was actually challenging Beerus to a team match tournament using fighters from their respective universes with the earth of Universe 7 up for grabs. Beerus refuses, having nothing to gain from winning, until Champa(against Vados' wishes) reveals he's been collecting powerful wish orbs. He has 6 of the 7, and offers them to Beerus if his team wins. Beerus scoffs, they have these wish orbs in his universe too, but Champa further explains these are the true wish orbs. They are planet sized, with wish power vastly superior to those found on Namek, which were made as cast offs. He calls them: Super Dragon Balls! When Goku and Vegeta, who wish to have the tournament, assure Beerus Bulma should be able to find the last one...he agrees! Let the tournament begin!

Well that was quite the infodump! :D It feels like Dragon Ball Super has finally begun in earnest! :D I enjoyed Beerus and Champa's brief tussle. That ring of destruction was a nice effect. Well we have most of the setup out of the way. Things should get even better from here! :D

Rating: 7/7

This Week in Buu: Does not appear.

Did You Notice?: SSGSS Vegeta now joins Goku front and center in the final shot of the opening.

Next: A team captain stronger than Goku?
Jan 24, 2016 8:47 AM

Jan 2015
Sucked he said your Universe 6 at some point while Goku's universe is 7..... That was a dumb mistake lol....
Jan 24, 2016 8:54 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good ep.

Wonder who will be in the team except goku and vegeta, others are not that much strong.

I guess we'll find out.
Jan 24, 2016 9:07 AM

Aug 2015
I hope they dont fuck up this arc and maybe they´ll actually try to animate this arc unlike the 27 other episodes

Jan 24, 2016 9:08 AM

Aug 2014
Well just finish watch the ep, animation was good / acceptable, the expolsion effects still are poor and they suck, anyway i hope that at least they can stay on this animation lvl...
Here is Beerus and Champa teams.
Jan 24, 2016 9:30 AM

Jan 2016
Zollty said:
Well just finish watch the ep, animation was good / acceptable, the expolsion effects still are poor and they suck, anyway i hope that at least they can stay on this animation lvl...
Here is Beerus and Champa teams.

Winnie the Pooh ??
Jan 24, 2016 9:51 AM

Jan 2008
Considering all of the padding they've done in previous episodes they couldn't have at least explained why they had the suits on, or that they've given the blue hair transformation a name now? Way to go guys. You could have made this into an episode and a half, but instead you cut that whole section out. Instead, we get fat Champa sweating while walking up to the door and nearly getting blasted. Yeah, because that's so much better than exposition and seeing Vegeta and Goku spar.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 24, 2016 12:05 PM
Nov 2009
Loool the English version of the opening threw me off in a good way.

The animation in this episode seemed better than the usual. I hope it continues throughout the whole arc.
Jan 24, 2016 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Champa challenges Beerus to a tournament match!
Jan 24, 2016 1:30 PM

Jan 2016
Hey, I was wondering... Isn't the anime a little closer to the manga now? Will they stop or something or this pace is okay?

By the way, the animation was better in this one. Finally we reached the interesting thing of DB Super... The Gods tournament!
THANKS SENPIEX
Jan 24, 2016 2:51 PM

Nov 2014
Can't wait to see the other fighters.
Jan 24, 2016 3:03 PM

Mar 2015
Yes! New tournament with new fighters!! Guess people on Earth wouldn't notice if they were in a different universe XD
Jan 24, 2016 4:48 PM

Jan 2009
lol in just 1 episode they catch up to the manga version of Dragon Ball Super
Jan 24, 2016 5:24 PM

Oct 2011
Tournament between the 7th and 6th dimension
Jan 24, 2016 5:42 PM

Nov 2014
finally after 27 episodes

4/5

#inb4mal15wordrequirement
Jan 24, 2016 8:31 PM

Jan 2015
Oooooh! I'm exited for this new arc!!
Jan 24, 2016 8:58 PM
Dec 2015
Am I the only one who finds Whis's sister oddly attractive?
Jan 25, 2016 1:15 AM

Dec 2014
Finally Super is getting interesting, Someone stronger than Goku :o
This I need to see.
Jan 25, 2016 1:17 AM

Mar 2011
It might not be multiverse, but this is the next best thing. Hope this will be good ^^.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jan 25, 2016 1:37 AM

Aug 2014
I just wonder to know how Piccolo and fat buu will match with them, they are alot weaker than goku, vegeta and the nipples man. I wonder if they will get any special trainings or they are here just for lose...
Jan 25, 2016 3:54 AM
Dec 2015
i want see mistique gohan in this arc wtf ?>>>
Jan 25, 2016 4:20 AM

Dec 2014
ok I did not know I would say this after all that filler. but I am really looking forward to the new arc. hope to see it introducing new characters. but still wondering what will happen to dragon ball GT
Jan 25, 2016 6:34 AM

Feb 2015
It's weird how these arc introduction episodes and episodes between arcs are so much better than the action packed episodes.
Jan 25, 2016 6:36 AM

Feb 2015
ibraheem234 said:
ok I did not know I would say this after all that filler. but I am really looking forward to the new arc. hope to see it introducing new characters. but still wondering what will happen to dragon ball GT

Gt has been made uncanon a bunch of times.
Jan 25, 2016 6:37 AM

Feb 2008
ibraheem234 said:

GT never happened.
Jan 25, 2016 12:09 PM
Dec 2013
So the new arc begins, and it seems to be a tournament arc. For once, I'm not going to know what's going to happen, unlike with the last two arcs where I had already watched the two movies prior to watching those arcs. Pretty excited.
Jan 25, 2016 12:12 PM

May 2015
Man am I glad the retellings are over...
Jan 25, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
So far the best thing about this series has been Goku's instant SSJ3 tranformation in the opening and
Tokoya said:

the people that does the subs changed the OP song and played an English version of it xD

I wonder, is/will Dragon Ball Super be worse than GT?
Konbu is important
Jan 25, 2016 3:43 PM

Mar 2011
Way better than the previous episodes. Very surprised to see the OP song in english but it's a nice change. Beerus and Champa's boasting about the best food was funny and amusing to see them squabble over.

So, looks like Universe 6 earth is gone, huh, destroyed by a 'stupid war' lol. Animation is better so hopefully Toei doesn't fuck it up for the rest of the Champa arc and tournament. For once, this actually felt like a DBS episode. Might as well pretend this is the first episode and disregard the atrocious animation and recycled content from the movies in the previous episodes. 5/5
Jan 25, 2016 8:53 PM

Oct 2008
I knew it! New content is awesome! this kind of plot never fails...only the art/animation always fails!
5/5!

Jan 25, 2016 9:57 PM

Mar 2009
Bruh. Vados is hot.

I'm going to assume the guy on the top left is the one who's stronger than Goku and Vegeta?

Anyway, good episode. Finally. New stuff.
Jan 26, 2016 1:50 AM

Apr 2015

Anyone remembers that move called shockwave in dragon ball super legendary warriors? Damn I loved that one.
Jan 26, 2016 5:40 AM

Feb 2015
Lol, the story is so bad. So, Champa collects 6 Super Dragon Balls, then has no idea what he wants to do with them once he gets the 7th until he finds out about the food on 7th universe's Earth. Then instead of just making his wish in secret like he easily could without Beerus ever finding out about it, he needs to hold a tournament (then, what will he do with his wish if he doesn't win?) Well, I don't care as long as it brings us some good fights.
I also like how no one is asking him what he's doing in the 7th universe. Shouldn't gods be sticking to their own universe?

Soli18 said:
Anyone remembers that move called shockwave in dragon ball super legendary warriors? Damn I loved that one.

My favourite DBZ game. :D
Jan 26, 2016 7:29 AM

Aug 2014
Mormegil said:

I'm going to assume the guy on the top left is the one who's stronger than Goku and Vegeta?

Ya he is stronger than Goku and Vegeta.
Anyway from this arc Dragon Ball Super will smell like old Dragon Ball - comedy/action anime you know turnaments + fights for stupid things like food, etc... This just smell like old Dragon Ball times to me, they don't follow the DBZ rule where they fight for live. I'm just afraid that toei will fuck the animation in the fights... The story can be funny and interesing but Toei can fuck it...
The fight arena is ready to fight.

Anyway the DBS manga and DBS anime... You can't compare them... The man who draw manga is real DB fan he he doing it with love for sure.
Jan 26, 2016 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
super dragon balls k
Jan 26, 2016 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
Well I am happy for some new material finally but seeing where this is going I am not that hyped. Shame it seems by what people are saying Gohan isn't on the team which I was hoping he would be less of a dork and back to his powerful self.
Jan 27, 2016 4:01 AM

Jun 2014
For some people, it seems difficult to abide by this ONE rule: THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Anywhoo, now that both teams have already been spoiled anyway, wouldn't it seem more believable to have Gohan reach the SSJ God status since they can just transform him the way they did with Goku?

Instead, they use the much weaker Picollo. I think that even in his SSJ 1 status, Gohan's much more powerful than Picollo. They're fighting over the sake of the earth, it's just not right...
Jan 27, 2016 5:56 AM

Aug 2014
Drobie said:
Well I am happy for some new material finally but seeing where this is going I am not that hyped. Shame it seems by what people are saying Gohan isn't on the team which I was hoping he would be less of a dork and back to his powerful self.

Well Gohan will probably replace Buu, because buu fail at tournament exam, he didn't even know how to write his own name XDD
Also in 27 EP gohan asked piccolo for train him again so...
Jan 28, 2016 6:47 AM
Mar 2010
Keh, I'm not happy with Gohan's involvement at DBS at all. He's like a surplus despite being one of the most loved Z fighter and not to mention, his strength was supposed to best either Goku and Vegeta but instead he became a peace-loving dude in suits. I hope Toriyama would unlock the possibility of him getting back to the frontlines, I mean, even the prideful Vegeta admits the boy's potential was greater than him and Goku's.
Jan 28, 2016 11:02 AM

Aug 2014
>Super Dragon Balls
lol, not sure whether it's intentional or not, but it's funny.

Well I'm looking forward to the new arc, Fat Beerus and Beerus got a pretty funny chemistry so far (but I have on the feeling that Fat Beerus is gonna cheat >.>)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

100 by JVskunkape »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

83 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

71 by JVskunkape »»
3 hours ago

» DBS English dub on BBC Iplayer (U.K.)

JVskunkape - Oct 2

14 by JVskunkape »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

127 by JVskunkape »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.