Forum Settings
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2014 5:00 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This volume threw me in for another loop. I was convinced Mora was the seventh Hero until Adlet, with his unrivaled detective skills, disproved that. I was also surprised by the plot twist of Hans coming back to life, but when Mora had the internal monologue stating that she needs Rolonia to succeed in her plans, I caught the reason why early on. Looks like we'll see the three Kyoma commanders next volume, can't wait to read what's next in the heroes' adventures.
Aug 7, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
Next volume doesn't really show Cargikk. It will focus on Tgurneu/Douzu as well as Goldof and his back story (hence the cover).
Aug 7, 2014 11:18 AM
Mar 2012
Zefyris said:
Next volume doesn't really show Cargikk. It will focus on Tgurneu/Douzu as well as Goldof and his back story (hence the cover).
Damn, oh well. Luckily we get a Goldof focus, I can see in tie in with Nashetenia.
Sep 10, 2014 6:32 AM

Dec 2013
Accidentally erased my long comment, but shit happens..

Goldof seems like an interesting character so I'm looking forward to the next volume, but god damn it those people are slow at translating this -.-
Sep 16, 2014 1:59 PM
Oct 2013
Anon1409 said:
... I'm looking forward to the next volume, but god damn it those people are slow at translating this -.-

What are you talking about? They translated the second volume in only two months (as a hobby). I don't know what you expect from a fan translation. Translating 350 pages within 30 days? You should thank them that they provide this service at all.

But back to this volume: I like the set-up of the first volume a bit more. Nonetheless, this was a gripping experience just like the first volume.
I suspected Mora already in the first novel and now again. But Adlet became Sherlock for a moment. So the identity of the seventh is still unsolved. I can't wait for the next volume.

This time the prologue scene is much more spoilerish than last time. Because in the first novel there is only a more or less random scene which doesn't really give anything away, whereas here it's a vital plot point and as soon as you get to the middle part you only wonder how this situation comes into place since you're already sure it's going to happen.

And actually, I hope for a Goldof focus. Until this point he sometimes seems a bit "plot-device-ish".
Sep 23, 2014 8:26 PM
Mar 2009
Aww man, is this how the author does it? Making the prologue literally foreshadow what will occur during the novel?

So this novel brought out a lot out of Mora and of Rolonia, too.

Rolonia is pretty strong so I guess Adlet is still the weakest of the bunch. Goldof suddenly speaking out of the blue was kind of weird.

Tgerneu is a pretty interesting villain. Instead of brute force, he's just toying and mindfucking with the Six Flower Heroes and enjoying it. Though it seems like all they would have to do to finish him off, is wait for him to be taken out and "eaten" and then concentrate all their attacks on him and not the Kyouma body.

Damn cliffhanger'd at Nashetania and Dozzu and still no headway on who the "true" Seventh is. Can't wait to see how Goldof reacts next volume.
Dec 6, 2014 5:16 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, I never expected the author to reveal the seventh at the beginning. But thanks to Adlet, we're also back to square one again. The twist with bringing Hans back to life was also unexpected, since I was almost sure that Mora was gonna die too. Should've seen it coming with Rolonia though.

Edit: Also, it seems a bit unrealistic that Tgurneu is a fig kyouma. It's more likely that he's a fig tree rather than the fruit which would makes the figs a part of his body.
IronLobsterDec 6, 2014 5:43 AM
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jul 20, 2015 5:13 AM

Apr 2013
BTW i hope that if the second volume of Rokka is ever animated as well, they keep that prologue this time. This really rise the tension of the second volume. Volume 1 was okay without the prologue imo, but not the 2.
Jul 26, 2015 4:01 AM

Apr 2013
Usually the translator is faster than this though. Lately, he seems to be quite busy IRL.
BTW he just updated chapter 4 of the 4th volume. 65% of the volume 4 is now done.

The author is very slow anyway. So even if the translator take his time, he will still catch up sooner or later anyway and you'll have to wait long period of times for the next volume as I currently do :).
Aug 11, 2015 6:07 AM

Aug 2015
When i saw the prologue picture i was sure i'd be 100% done. Then...i was about to post that and someone said "he" wasn't dead so i went back to finish it.... ._. this author dude is making me mad yo when my fave died like.....he was messing with my REAL emotions...
Aug 21, 2015 12:45 AM

Apr 2011
I don't understand first chap. I thought seventh was crybaby princess, but what is Mora sayin'? Also another eight person?
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Aug 21, 2015 1:53 AM

Apr 2013
Ganbat said:
I don't understand first chap. I thought seventh was crybaby princess, but what is Mora sayin'? Also another eight person?

They just found out who was the seventh (crybaby? Nashetania? O_o" ) who left . And then another Rokka appear, which means that there is another traitor in the group but they have no clue who it is this time. So they are seven again and therefore are talking about the seventh, not as Nashetania, but as the unidentified traitor inside them. Since Nashetania is no longer with them, there is no point in counting her so that's why they don't say "8th" but "7th" again.
Aug 22, 2015 4:47 AM

Apr 2011
I mean Princess is so rich, rude, idiot(No knowledge, and wants revive maou(Majin) to kill 500k people), sometimes shows no weakness and gets MC later 99%. Also tried to Adlet first. Then says sorry, i was so excited. I seriously hate those kind of main girls, you know like Nanatsu no Taizai's princess( Forgot the name, but seriously they always say: I know you want to go alone to fight, 'cuz you're saving/protecting me. So i want to go with you ) Something like this.

And about new seventh, and eight braves. hmmm... I'll read again...

[Her name was Rolonia Manchetta. With the ability to manipulate blood, she was the Saint of Fresh Blood. And she was also the eighth person to appear with the crest of the Six Flowers.]

Rolonia Manchetta(New seventh)

Ah, i thought Hans is dead. So maybe misunderstand by this sentence: “What’s the meaning of this? Why is Hans dead, but you’re unharmed?” Adlet asked.

or

“There are seven heroes? What does this mean?”

or

“Um, why are there seven people here?”
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Sep 8, 2015 5:30 PM

Jun 2014
I'll be honest, when I saw the line "so why did Mora kill Hans Humpty?" (I don't read prologues), I felt like a) raging and b) noping out of the whole series. But when I calmed down, I kept reading because I knew there was a chance he wouldn't actually die or something and also because my curiosity got the better of me, as it always does. But HANS LIVES! YES!

Anyway, another great volume. I was completely convinced that the seventh was Mora. Luckily, Adlet is a genius. The plot twists in this series are fantastic.

Mora's still not completely clear for me because her actions in both this volume and the last one made me despise her at parts. I don't hate her overall, but I definitely still dislike her.

I love the continued development of the characters and their relationships with each other. I know this sounds weird and kind of dumb, but I really like the parts where you see some friendship between them.

I'm excited to learn more about Goldolf in the next volume. The kid seriously needs to show some personality ._. I honestly don't care if he's arrogant, annoying, whatever, just give some personality. I would also love to learn more about Hans too because he's actually quite a bit of a mystery himself.

Speaking of mysteries, this whole seventh thing is killing me. I am honestly completely lost. If Mora's genuine then I haven't the faintest clue who the seventh might be. Except for possibly Goldolf but that would be way too obvious.

All in all, I don't even regret majorly procrastinating my homework to finish this volume. Now the only problem is that I want to start reading the third one immediately...

EDIT: Totally forgot to talk about Teguneu (or however you spell his name). I think he's a great villain. He's super clever and really knows how to manipulate people. On top of that, he has a strange and interesting personality. I'm excited to see what he's going to do in the next volumes
KageNoAbisuSep 8, 2015 6:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2015 2:18 PM

Jun 2008
Phew, that was great.

So far, liking vol 2 over 1. But damn, there's still a seventh that may turn on them...

Tgurneu said:
“Tell the seventh to continue not to do anything. They should continue to hide amongst the Heroes and not reveal their true identity.”

I kinda feel it overused, after two volumes. I hope we move on as for that on the next volume.
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Jan 25, 2016 9:05 AM

Jun 2014
I strained my eyes reading this in one sitting. The content is too delicious.

If Adlet was a girl, he'd be much stronger and so I liked him cursing his gender. Too bad there is no God of Fate...
Mora sacrificing Hans for her child is understandable but selfishness can only go so far when the whole world is on the line against the Majin.
Tgurneu being one of the Kyoma commanders and his ability, I did not see that one coming. The author is subtle when focusing on seemingly minor things such as the fig fruit.

The revival of Hans is kind of fishy for me but I would have preferred if he was in a state of being resusicated and the contract explicitly mentioned a death was needed, so I'm not bothered.

Nashetania is back! :)

Zefyris said:

The author is very slow anyway. So even if the translator take his time, he will still catch up sooner or later anyway and you'll have to wait long period of times for the next volume as I currently do :).

How regularly does he/she publish a single volume if I may ask?
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 25, 2016 9:26 AM

Apr 2013
FireEmblemIke24 said:
I strained my eyes reading this in one sitting. The content is too delicious.

If Adlet was a girl, he'd be much stronger and so I liked him cursing his gender. Too bad there is no God of Fate...
Mora sacrificing Hans for her child is understandable but selfishness can only go so far when the whole world is on the line against the Majin.
Tgurneu being one of the Kyoma commanders and his ability, I did not see that one coming. The author is subtle when focusing on seemingly minor things such as the fig fruit.

The revival of Hans is kind of fishy for me but I would have preferred if he was in a state of being resusicated and the contract explicitly mentioned a death was needed, so I'm not bothered.

Nashetania is back! :)

Zefyris said:

How regularly does he/she publish a single volume if I may ask?

Usually 7-9 months per volume.
Volume 5 took a really long time to get published in comparison (1 year and 4 months), but that happened only one time.
Feb 10, 2016 6:17 AM

Aug 2014
This was one hell of an amazing volume. Especially the twist with Tsurneu being...that...was a big surprise. Mora became quite likeable aswell. To think she would have planned the "killing" of a Rokka for so long. And Nashetania making a minor comeback! Hoping we get to see more of her in Vol 3. I was worried Hans would die due to the prologue, but good to see I was proven wrong there. I'm quite interested in learning more about Douzu and Cargikk now aswell, especially Douzu and his motives for working with Nashetania.
Sep 24, 2017 6:49 AM

Dec 2008
Mora's best character. She needs so many hugs :( Really felt bad for her through the volume, but loved reading her inner thoughts. The first time Mora mentioned needing Rolonia in her plan to kill a saint, automatically knew was to revive them.

Tgurneu didn't really interest me much. I was more interested in its interactions with Mora than anything really.

Adlet's suspicion that the 7th probably doesn't know they're the seventh made me giggle. In this case, due to his assumption, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the seventh. That's how these novels go in terms of plot twists anyways.

Just hoping Mora's not too sidelined next volume, since this was basically her arc. If she's treated like how Goldof was this volume, I'll be kinda upset. He barely had any scenes.

Fremy just pissed me off through the entire thing though. All she did was sulk and point her gun at people. That's really bad writing. I get you want to show that she's suspicious of everyone and will shoot them, but that was excessive. Really wanted Mora to break her neck when she knocked her out honestly. Do something more meaningful than brooding, scowling and pointing your gun at everyone ffs.
Apr 15, 2020 2:31 PM
Mar 2015
Me at the start of Volume 2's Prologue:
I wanna strangle Mora. She killed my favorite member off just like that. I'm mad.

Me throughout Volume 2:
1. Fremy really ain't screwing with whoever the impostor may be this volume.
2. Rolonia's pretty cool. Her powers kinda remind me of the Neutrophil White Blood Cells in Cells at Work in a way. Also reason number #2 of why I want a Rokka Season 2 already? I wanna hear her VAs doing her combat lines so much.
3. Goldof catching that poison needle while distracted and throwing it back at Adlet was probably one of my favorite moments from the guy. Poor guy though, still isn't recovering from the reveal last volume.
4. Tgurneu's is both pretty strong and an absolute genius. This is a fearsome villain right here. (And then there was more to him...)
5. "Don't worry. I'm good at fighting in retreat." Fremy is the only character I know that can take the Joestar secret technique and fight during use of said technique.
6. The entire female cast in the party don't need to require food to survive. Amazing...
7. Mora with that Kill la Kill mentality for fighting. Even if she's stark nude she'll beat a person down without hesitation.
8. "Your not the strongest in the world. Your weaker than me. In fact, your the weakest of all seven of us. Drop the ego and know your limits." Damn Fremy. I love you but that was such a low blow to Adlet that I even felt that.
9. "If you let me, I'd kill all of them but you. Then I wouldn't have to think about the seventh anymore." I know Fremy said this because paranoia and trusts only Adlet, but low-key sounds like a borderline yandere right here.
10. Mora probably wants to sit down and have a talk with Fremy about her feelings after that little confession with Adlet from the latter.
11. Goldof finally spoke! It's a miracle!!
12. "It was a collection of stage plays. Being ignorant of the arts, the boy was not capable of appreciating its value."- Pg. 136 IDK why, but I feel like this should be a meme of sorts.
13. OMG! Mora turned my boy Hans into a doughnut!! NOOO!! And then he came back to life?!! Is this Jojo Part 5?

Me by the end of the volume:
I wanted to strangle Mora, but now I want to hug for what she had to go through this entire book.
This volume was great! I would love to see this entire adventure get animated sometime in the future! If we ever get Rokka Season 2...

More topics from this board

» Volume 7 Release date ( 1 2 )

Kilvann - May 31, 2016

62 by RivailleAcker »»
Jul 2, 8:28 PM

» This light novel is finished? How many chapters this have?

jpxavowwgamer - Jul 15, 2021

7 by AsTralonTop »»
Jan 9, 3:25 PM

» Chapters in the Novels

VilkaTheWolf - Sep 25, 2015

10 by removed-user »»
May 25, 2023 11:53 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2015

19 by DatBoi18 »»
Apr 21, 2023 12:06 AM

» volume 6 discussion

Ghoultulhu - Sep 1, 2015

24 by Chrome_Falcon »»
Aug 4, 2022 7:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.