Forum Settings
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2015 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh my...this chapter.
I think I just took a feels trip. Grats to Kayo!
Dec 21, 2015 12:47 PM

May 2015
oh, i think this might clinch it, no more time travel or he'd screw up everyone's happy lives. unless someone dies again....
Dec 21, 2015 1:22 PM

Jan 2012
Literally the one thing I didn't like in this series even reading the raws months ago was that reveal. Of course it's great she lived her life, a life he saved for her, but I can't deny them not getting together is an immense bummer. Oh well.
Dec 21, 2015 1:29 PM

Jun 2010
This... This was strangely beautiful, all of it. This manga is amazing on pretty much all fronts and I genuinely can't wait for the anime. Despite being typically very cautious about adaptations of things I like.
Dec 21, 2015 1:37 PM
Dec 2015
So close. Sanbe Kei did a good job in the culprit's character development.
Now with Satoru's memory gone, it's back to square one I suppose?
Dec 21, 2015 9:39 PM

Apr 2014
I should be happy for her but there's some bitter in me....
ah shucks.Off to be an emo.

Dec 26, 2015 10:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Everything was thanks to Satoru's mother, that he can start rehabilitation quicker than the doctor would think, or that he's in a better state than he would be if he hadn't had someone so dedicated during the 15 years. I can't even imagine how much work that was for his mother. It's definitely a huge surprise to wake up and see everyone else grown up. I can also understand why Satoru cried when seeing Hina, after all, he really did save people's lives. But with that gap in his memory, it does seem like it's back to square 1...

And does this mean he'll never meet Airi, since he's changed the past?
Dec 28, 2015 10:26 AM

May 2013
tingy said:
And does this mean he'll never meet Airi, since he's changed the past?

I never thought of this one to happen, maybe? D:
Tch.
Jan 7, 2016 7:44 AM

Dec 2014
Oh gawd, the pain... Onanie master kurosawa all over again..... :'(
I think this is worst....

(Or better yet, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien... XD)

Edit:

But in fairness, Satoru is attracted to Airi. (Mc's thoughts was shown when she was invited for dinner.)

And mc is only concern about the safety of Kayo....
But d@mn, that still sucked... The ship was utterly destroyed.....
testamentKAISERJan 7, 2016 9:02 AM
Jan 7, 2016 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
Looks like his friendship with Airi was retconned. I hope he gets his memory back soon.
gedataJan 8, 2016 1:02 AM
Jan 7, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2010
Damn. I'm happy that he didn't die, and grateful that he had such a dedicated and loving mother looking out for him. Still, I'm bitter, biased, and selfish that Kayo didn't wait for Satoru. I know it's supposed to be realistic, but at the same time it's fictional so I understand to a point, but all I could do was tear up and say "No." when I saw Kayo with her baby.
Jan 8, 2016 12:43 AM

Jun 2015
Oh man, I haven't felt that salty and biased in a long time when I got to those last pages...
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jan 8, 2016 9:11 AM

Apr 2013
Good read but I legitimately feel somewhat melancholy after reading this chapter.
Jan 8, 2016 2:29 PM

Mar 2008
I usually dislike amnesia type of stories but this is actually really well done. I believe if there ever is a main love interest for the MC, it would be Airi since they are the same age (mentally as well)... I do hope they get to meet again at the very end. But that's not the main focus of this story anyway..^^' (and it was indicated, since he changed the past, that he might never be able to meet her again... but it's not completely impossible I believe! kind of like the ending of Fullmoon wo Sagashite...)
Jan 8, 2016 2:38 PM

May 2015
Airi's not the same age, she's was a high schooler when the MC was 28. Though I guess now the MC's 25 or 26, Airi's probably a middle schooler at this point. Though he could still meet her again if he ever works at that pizza place again.
Jan 8, 2016 10:11 PM

Apr 2013
kayo.. )-: i thought they were so good to each other that they would've been the endgame couple. would it be too unrealistic for me to hope the anime will be more romantic and get kayo to wait for satoru ?

tbh though, this chapter just shows that satoru's mom is probably the best character in the whole story.
Jan 9, 2016 2:46 AM
Apr 2015
Stop forcing romance between a middle schooler (Airi) and MC, you disgusting people. A strong friendship between the two is worth just as much, if not more.

EDIT: the amount of male tears in this thread is literally off the charts :D
lizebutnotrizeJan 9, 2016 10:12 AM
Jan 9, 2016 8:07 AM
Jan 2016
THIS IS BULLSHIT
WHAT KIND OF CHEAP NTR IS THIS
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I HOPE SOMETHING TRIGGERS ANOTHER RERUN

RIP best girl
I will always remember you before you became trash.
FoopyJan 9, 2016 8:28 AM
Jan 9, 2016 12:13 PM

Apr 2009
Foopy said:
THIS IS BULLSHIT

RIP best girl

The manga is not about your self-insert cheap fantasy, go watch haremshit like Infinite Stratos or Bakemonogatari.

People like you who cry "muh NTR" every time a relationship isn't portrayed as some idealistic otaku fantasy are the reason we can't have interesting relationships in anime and manga.

Jan 9, 2016 8:53 PM

May 2012
Jin_uzuki said:
Foopy said:
THIS IS BULLSHIT

RIP best girl

The manga is not about your self-insert cheap fantasy, go watch haremshit like Infinite Stratos or Bakemonogatari.

People like you who cry "muh NTR" every time a relationship isn't portrayed as some idealistic otaku fantasy are the reason we can't have interesting relationships in anime and manga.

So you're saying they might have some other more interesting type of relationship? We'll see but I'm not too happy with this tbh.
Jan 9, 2016 9:35 PM

Nov 2014
Rip best girl, this is sad..

Jan 10, 2016 3:06 AM

Apr 2014
Just caught up with all the chapters. Damn, I know they're taking the realistic route here but I still haven't felt this bitter in quite a while.
Jan 10, 2016 7:14 AM

Mar 2013
Just caught up, but holy shit this chapter was sad. I was devastated when I saw Kayo, but it does make complete sense

Sachiko is such a great mother honestly. Really hope everything works out for her in the later chapters
Jan 10, 2016 8:37 AM

Oct 2012
Sachiko was seriously the best mother.
BUT KAYO WHY?
Jan 10, 2016 3:02 PM
Apr 2015
Wouldn't it be terrifying if the father was the teacher?? hope that would trigger a rerun.

But, being how gung-ho his mother was at the beginning about him marrying.... it is possible that MC is the father.
Jan 10, 2016 8:22 PM

Nov 2014
miritar said:
Wouldn't it be terrifying if the father was the teacher?? hope that would trigger a rerun.

But, being how gung-ho his mother was at the beginning about him marrying.... it is possible that MC is the father.
what are you talking about?

Jan 10, 2016 9:12 PM

Jan 2012
Holy. What is this!? I wonder if another rerun will happen. Also I wonder if Airi still exists (I mean, if she can still be a part of MC's life).
Can he even rerun again... hmm.
Jan 11, 2016 12:41 PM

Mar 2008
calm down lol, I didn't know Airi was not the same age as him. My bad then...?!
I doubt this series will have romance to that degree anyway -- it was never the focus of the story and I don't think it will be in the future..
Jan 11, 2016 4:24 PM

Apr 2015
RIP best 2016 couple
"The breasts of a woman have endless possibilities!"
-Azazel
Jan 12, 2016 11:54 AM

Sep 2011
I can already see anime viewers raging like crazy once the adaption reaches this point. Especially if they'll also use this as a cliffhanger.
Jan 12, 2016 7:25 PM

Dec 2014
Sury said:
I can already see anime viewers raging like crazy once the adaption reaches this point. Especially if they'll also use this as a cliffhanger.

Maybe this chapter will happen in episodes 8 or 9?
Jan 12, 2016 11:11 PM

Nov 2014
testamentKAISER said:
Sury said:
Yeah, it will probably leave few episodes for the rest of the story.

Jan 14, 2016 10:33 AM

Jun 2011
ExTamplier said:
testamentKAISER said:

It's going to be anime original ending though
Jan 14, 2016 1:35 PM

Jan 2015
Z4k said:
Just caught up with all the chapters. Damn, I know they're taking the realistic route here but I still haven't felt this bitter in quite a while.

Haha, I thought I was the only one that felt this way when I finished this chapter a while back. Guess I should have checked the forums before thinking that.
Jan 14, 2016 1:45 PM

Sep 2011
Theorder14 said:
ExTamplier said:

It's going to be anime original ending though

No. It was confirmed the anime will have the same ending as the manga.
Jan 14, 2016 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
RIP MC.. Just when you thought this manga couldn't get anymore fucked, it does lmao
Jan 14, 2016 9:21 PM

Feb 2011
Im still curious who Nishizono is, the guy with the glasses with that look, what the paper slip with Watanabe or the xx number on it is. I feel like there are some loose ends.

I also find the murderer a bit disturbing and wish there wasnt a chapter on his backstory. Someone evil and corrupt wouldve sufficed. Also dislike the 15 year skip.
Jan 15, 2016 6:17 AM

Feb 2012
I wonder what'll happen when Satoru remembers what happened. I think he might go back in time again though, cause while he's been in a coma Yashiro has continued murdering for 15 years. But interesting chapter!! I read all of them today cause I couldn't wait till next weeks episode :P lovin it so far~
Jan 15, 2016 8:55 AM

Jan 2012
Just caught up with this and I will admit I'm a bit salty. I really wanted Kayo and Satoru to end up together , however from a realistic point of view. 15 years is a long time. I honestly would not be willing to wait 15 years for anyone. During those 15 years people change and honestly they wouldn't really have anything in common.

Sure they might have been friends when they were young , however Satoru essentially grew up without Kayo , went back in time, and essentially had his time frozen until now. They might have the same level of maturity , however that doesn't really help in any way simply because time changes people.

Heck I remember speaking to people who were close friends to me for years ago after not having contact for years , and I couldn't get along with any of them. They just weren't the people I used to know.

I do hope he and Airi at least end up together because they have shared something special.

P.S. Does anyone know when this will end? I know they said the anime will have the same ending as the Manga , however from the current chapter the killer still hasn't been caught nor has there been any closure regarding the side characters.
Jan 15, 2016 8:24 PM
Jun 2011
I was depressed for hours after reading Ch34. While I don't particularly ship Satoro and Airi, I do admittedly like Airi for her sudden random actions such as what she did to the manager in the early chapters.
Jan 15, 2016 9:11 PM
Jan 2014
Guess the ending won't be all that great.
Imo, this mangaka's decision (Kayo) was a pretty big blunder.
Jan 15, 2016 9:30 PM
Jun 2011
MasaneX said:

I am unsure how the story can possibly be ended well going from here. Unless another rerun/revival happens that brings Satoru back to 1988.
Jan 15, 2016 11:59 PM
Mar 2013
It's bittersweet, for us fans because alot of people like the Satoru and Kayo pairing, if only it wasn't a 29 year old in a 10 year old body it woulda been alrite. But for Satoru, he doesn't harbor any feelings for Kayo, that would be very awkward for him lolz. As much as Satoru and Kayo pairing would be sweet visually, wouldn't work. It WOULD work in the present timeline but I'd say it's hard to wait an unknown number of years for someone to wake up even with a life debt.

Who's translating this btw @_@. I wanna read the raws subbed QAQ.
Jan 16, 2016 5:44 AM
Jan 2014
Goldkoron said:
MasaneX said:

I am unsure how the story can possibly be ended well going from here. Unless another rerun/revival happens that brings Satoru back to 1988.

Yeah, he's probably going for the bad ending. (Maybe Yashiro and Satoru both get ''erased'')
I really wanted him to go rerun once more, bust his murders in the past, get him caught and then live his life once again from childhood. But from the way the mangaka is shaping this, he doesn't want to do it. He disappointed me.

... Ah, guess I just gotta go and make a fanart of the True Ending. (The good one ... Yes, I will stay salty)
Jan 16, 2016 8:44 AM

Jun 2010
Wow...just wow.

its been a while since i have felt this salty.

lol after reading all these delusional comments complain about how Kayo should have chilled fir 15 years
i came to realize that the level of hypocrisy here is pretty high class.

the truth is bitter but i think we will all agree that those stuck in the past get left behind by time.

I'm just glad he gained just as much as he lost so he's back to square 1.
he might have lost Kayo and Airi but in return he gained a better relationship with his mom and an eternal bro in Ken'ya
TheLastKing360Jan 16, 2016 1:43 PM
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 16, 2016 12:29 PM
Jun 2011
I understand the mangaka wanted to do a tragic twist, but i still think the best ending would have been Kayo not having married or had a child at all and Satoru would finish his battle with the teacher then marry her in the end.

I do not understand how it can be still pushed for Satoru and Airi when Airi is even younger in this timeline.
Jan 16, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2012
Ummm from other point of view it would be kinda wierd if Kayo was waiting 15 years for mc. But for sure mangaka is kinda messing with readers. Wellm its still ongoing so stop trippin guys, everything can happen.
Jan 16, 2016 12:48 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The feels though T_T. Kayo's got a child :D, well there goes Satoru x Kayo. Sachiko is a great mother.

5/5
Jan 16, 2016 12:53 PM
Jun 2011
This could just be me blindly hoping, but is it actually confirmed in the later chapters whether or not that is actually Kayo's child? Is it confirmed that she married Hiromi and such?
Jan 18, 2016 6:59 AM

Feb 2010
OMG i don't believe the mangaka took suck tragic MC lose to dat scum and amnesia part instead of revival this is suuck , seriously tragic and RIP Satoru x Kayo ... well in chapter 30 when he drowned i think we can see Satoru is more interested with Airi better than Kayo since she is the last he's mentioned.
roppuriJan 18, 2016 7:10 AM

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

11 by marta_valse »»
Oct 16, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

7 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 19 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Feb 1, 2014

15 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 18 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Dec 2, 2013

8 by marta_valse »»
Oct 14, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 17 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Oct 30, 2013

8 by marta_valse »»
Oct 13, 11:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.