Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 8, 2016 3:13 AM

Jul 2014
I felt this was a 'meh' opening episode, but perhaps it'll improve once the scenario has been established. The MC seemed bland and too flawless, although I could relate to his lack of career goals. Will stick with it for now.

I don't think you can really compare this to SNAFU - sure they have the same setting and sure Kuroda looks a bit like Yukino , but that's about it.
Jan 8, 2016 3:46 AM
Oct 2014
I found that you guys didn't even realize this show was originally written by Takahiro (Akame ga Kill, YuYuYu) and directed by Takuya Satou (Selector WIXOSS, Steins;Gate).

Do you expect a typical haremshit from this?
Do you think it's just being like Saekano, instead of OreGairu?
Please, expecting for more.
Jan 8, 2016 3:49 AM

May 2010
Houjou has a refreshing voice, thank God no Matsuoka or Kajikaji.

Pretty dull episode tho, its not bad at all, just boring. The pacing was a bit strange, too. It has potential, hopefully it will get better.
Jan 8, 2016 4:22 AM

Dec 2014
I thought the first episode was well fast and interesting altogether. expecting funny with a bit of romance
Jan 8, 2016 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
How to raise a boring boyfriend? Hehehe

I guess it's comparable to think about Yukino and Kuroda 'externally'. I thought it was her as well, and that expression when she sees something she likes.. when it comes to games though, bishoujo games in particular, well that's a different story.

I've started to like this art-style since Rakudai no Kishi Cavalry.

Looks good to me. 4/5!

Jan 8, 2016 4:54 AM

Oct 2012
It was an alright introduction, although I'm more interested in how this anime will deal with the creation process of VNs than the characters themselves at this stage, but we probably won't get to see much of that due to the anime only covering half of the upcoming VN it's adapting. I'll keep watching as Romeo is a solid writer and his works tend to be very enjoyable. I doubt this one will be any different.
Jan 8, 2016 4:54 AM
Sep 2014
Hmm...it isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. It has yet to wow me, which is slightly worrying considering that the first episode of an anime has to hook the viewer. Of course, that's not to say that all good anime have great first episodes but...
Jan 8, 2016 5:13 AM
Apr 2014
I liked Saekano's meta dialogues and it being self aware even though the characters themselves are those cliches.
I guess this is more of the same.
Jan 8, 2016 5:14 AM
Mar 2014
I rather liked it, largely because of the MC. That guy got his shit together. Nice to see someone like that instead of a stammering wimp or unrealistic overpowered badass. Just your average likable guy.
dirtyuncleJan 8, 2016 5:18 AM
Jan 8, 2016 5:19 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a good enough start, nothing great yet.
Jan 8, 2016 5:25 AM

Mar 2012
Sasuga Minatosoft the design is great and the cast is lively. I'm expecting to see more of them and more outside inner circle too.

And at the end of the day I hope some translator pick this up maybe Maji translation if they are not busy with A.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 8, 2016 5:30 AM

Jun 2015
I'm not too sure what to think of this episode. It was decent and Kuroda did remind me of Yukino from Oregairu, but I can't get myself to really enjoy these "Let's make a video game" anime series.

Being a game dev myself, the first episode made me cringe, because (as always) the whole focus of the game creation is reduced to art and creativity. I hope they don't neglect all the other vital aspects of the process, think programming and marketing, as those are literally what makes the difference between a set of still images and an actual game with a mediocre chance of success.

That aside, Kuroda's rational and overly calm character reminded me of Bakemonogatari, whereas the MC may be similar to the completely overpowered and omnipotent Souma (Shokugeki no Souma).
It's an interesting mix, but I guess I'll drop it if I don't like the next episode.
Jan 8, 2016 5:43 AM
Jul 2015
The character design especially the MC is awful too bad because the original designs are actually good.

King_Saber said:
It was pretty decent, I'll stick with it for now.

Those who have played the VN, how much romance is involved?

The VN isnt released yet.

nikkorin said:
I found that you guys didn't even realize this show was originally written by Takahiro (Akame ga Kill, YuYuYu) and directed by Takuya Satou (Selector WIXOSS, Steins;Gate).

Do you expect a typical haremshit from this?
Do you think it's just being like Saekano, instead of OreGairu?
Please, expecting for more.

Takahiro is the one with the concept the writing is done by Romeo Tanaka who wrote Humanity has declined.
Jan 8, 2016 5:47 AM

Aug 2014
YES! I was hoping to get this but didn't see it on CR's list. So glad HS got a hold of it. (don't know if it's on CR or not)

Yuuka is adorable, as expected from KanaHana.

Kuroda is interesting, she's pretty reserved but not really boring.

Houjou seems like a pretty cool dude.

I couldn't help but take Kuroda's "bishoujo writer" and the poster as a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha reference.(even though it looked more like Madoka, still relevant cause Shinbou directed Nanoha, which is spun off from an eroge, Triangle Hearts)

I love the soundtrack, although the animation isn't spectacular, it's simple, consistent, and pleasant.

The absence of fan service and the relatively easy going pacing has my attention. I'm hyped to keep watching this.

(Please be better than the huge disappointment that was "How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend". I liked the idea at first but the show became too focused on fan service, contrived character relations, and forced melodrama.)
BlurredVision18Jan 8, 2016 5:59 AM
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jan 8, 2016 5:59 AM

Jul 2007
GeneticHell said:
the whole focus of the game creation is reduced to art and creativity.

No?

Kuroda literally says that being good is not enough and that the only ones to succeed are the ones who are ambitious enough

BlurredVision18 said:

I couldn't help but take Kuroda's "bishoujo writer" and the poster as a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha reference.(even though it looked more like Madoka, still relevant cause Shinbou directed Nanoha, which is spun off from an eroge, Triangle Hearts)

Its 100% Madoka reference and not Nanoha. The poses and character deigns(especially of the top girl) speak for themselves.
Jan 8, 2016 6:18 AM

May 2009
Fai said:
> Saekano's wimpy MC aka The-Guy-You-Want-to-Punch-in-the-fac-with-a-hammer-and-pour-some-acid-on-him.
> Good male Lead

KEK

Greentext and shitpost. Nice way to convey your arguments. Very good, anon-kun.
Jan 8, 2016 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
I really love those kind of stories 4/5

Hope for more vn cameos
Jan 8, 2016 6:35 AM

Jul 2007
bastek66 said:
flamebaiting

> Calling reddit's quote arrows as "greentexting"

Its good that I don't bother to post on 4chans then :^)
Jan 8, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2012
Sweanime said:
G-senjo no maou make this show the best already. Think if they sometime can make a stupid anime fo the damn game already! nah. we show the game on a door.

I crie. So much win for the animu industry if that and Himawari no Shoujo had adaptations.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jan 8, 2016 6:55 AM

Mar 2012
Seemed a bit slow, but I still enjoyed this first episode. Fair amount of dialogue and some interesting interactions. Felt just solid to me in the end, but I feel like this could turn into something more with some more episodes. Definitely gonna keep following this to see where it goes.
Jan 8, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
I have a definite weakness for long, dark-haired bishōjos, so i'm liking Kuroda a lot right off the bat. She hasn't taken it to the next level yet though. I'm really hoping my fondness for her will deepen.
Jan 8, 2016 9:06 AM

Jan 2014
That was pretty good. It's like a reverse Saekano, only less good-looking, less funny and Megumi Kato-less.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2016 9:22 AM

Oct 2014
loving kuroda off to a good start as it seems
Jan 8, 2016 10:49 AM

Feb 2012
I really have hard time deciding whether to continue this one or not...
I feel like it wasnt bad enough to drop, so average...
Jan 8, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
A decent first episode. The opening theme was pretty catchy though the ending theme was okay. Well at least we get the plot going (even if it started mostly at the end of the episode).
Jan 8, 2016 10:59 AM

Nov 2015
Loner's everywhere. Mouhahahaha
I try to convince myself that I'm not the only one.
Umm And WTF is a true and this bitchiness ?!
AZY-samaJan 8, 2016 11:04 AM
Jan 8, 2016 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
I-I d-don't know where to start.

Well, for the good things first. The main character is ok, his friends too, and I like the premise. Now time to shit on it.

What the fuck is up with this art? It looks like something for 2008! Or worse, DEEN! Jesus christ. This felt so oldschool. But that's not the worst thing here, the worst thing is probably the subtitles. Yellow? Stupid TL notes that take your attention out of the actual story? Midway translation of signs and others? Who made this? Sentai? (Probably) And holy shit did that girl look like Yukino, you are even stealing character designs right now!

At least the OP and ED were cool.
Jan 8, 2016 11:42 AM

Oct 2013
Generic, boring, unoriginal.

All characters and the story of this anime can be described by these three words.

Well I was searching for some junk to watch, but god damn that bombshell at the end ' let's make a lesbian game because bs reasons'.... Making otaku stuff because otaku stuff is a cliche I do not enjoy....

It could've been a great junk anime to watch while doing something else and stuff because I enjoy characters like the lead girl in this. But this one trope i do not enjoy makes it an under average series for me (or episode but I pretty much know how the entire series will unfold based on this one episode just because of how cliche/unoriginal it was).

Also it speaks volumes of how good and interesting the characters are that I could not remember a single character name by the end...

Also it shows something about anime when this is literally the best (non-second season) anime of the season thus far I've seen....
I am a human.
Jan 8, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2013
Saekano Version 2.0
Jan 8, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2015
http://i.imgur.com/TAM8VnL.png

Girl on the phone was awesome =p.

Kuroda HNG
Jan 8, 2016 1:26 PM

Jun 2010
what the hell!!!!!
bunta is an actual MC with realism, this show is a keeper.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 8, 2016 1:33 PM

Jun 2014
Prrgify said:
But that's not the worst thing here, the worst thing is probably the subtitles. Yellow? Stupid TL notes that take your attention out of the actual story? Midway translation of signs and others? Who made this?

Calm down, it's not the worst.

The translation colour font is fine as it's commonly used in older series that were fansubbed way back. The fact that you lose concentration from text colour is plain stupid. It doesn't take a genius to understand the situation from the character's expressions. Midway sidenotes are good for certain series that rely heavily on its jokes to ensure we can understand the humour.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 8, 2016 2:57 PM

Nov 2011
Gotta say, really enjoyed this, was not expecting much following the synopsis and name of the show but it certainly exceeded my expectations, hope it continues to deliver.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 8, 2016 3:31 PM
May 2014
Eh. Getting that "It's not terrible but not amazing either" vibe from this.

3/5 for now. Might watch more but not particularly excited about it.
Observer98Jan 9, 2016 5:55 PM
Jan 8, 2016 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
hey this wasn't half bad characters so far seem likable MC seemed like he is loved by everyone in town and has the ability to bring people together lol but that name...

for a first episode felt like it's setting up for Saekano 2.0 lets see how goes

biggest grip is that low ass quality! still haven't checked out Norn9 but that one also seems super low
Jan 8, 2016 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
Oh great, this show is going to take the most normal guy and turn him into a weeb. rip
lol
Jan 8, 2016 5:48 PM

Apr 2010
I didn't expect that end, really. I'm surprise with the way the history will be going. I like the Kurd's personality and I should continue watching the anime.
"maybe nothing in this world happens by accident. As everything happen for a reason, our destiny slowly takes forms..." (Reyleigh, One piece)

Jan 8, 2016 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
naki13 said:
epicm14 said:
Oh great, this show is going to take the most normal guy and turn him into a weeb. rip
Japanese people can't be weebs...

but they can be Otakus :P
Jan 8, 2016 6:49 PM

Feb 2014
Seems promising. I like the characters so far.
Jan 8, 2016 8:02 PM

Jul 2013
For one I am so glad the MC isn't a pretentious-no-balls-wussy-herbivore guy like Saekano's.

The story also seems to take itself more seriously than Saekano (that would be utter garbage without Katou).

The art seems a little bit off but at least we don't have to deal with a gazillion annoying characters.
Jan 8, 2016 9:35 PM

Apr 2011
A bit too generic but that's fine.
Jan 8, 2016 10:33 PM

Jul 2007
katsu044 said:
naki13 said:
Japanese people can't be weebs...

but they can be Otakus :P
He does not have any plans for future, so he already is one step into being a neet.
Jan 8, 2016 11:51 PM

May 2015
Axelucard_ said:
Saekano Version 2.0

saekano x oregairu
Jan 9, 2016 12:02 AM

Dec 2012
Not bad not bad reminds me of yahari.

Jan 9, 2016 1:13 AM

Aug 2014
naki13 said:
Fai said:

Its 100% Madoka reference and not Nanoha. The poses and character deigns(especially of the top girl) speak for themselves.

Also note the title parody:

and the reference to Urobuchi who started out as a writer for VNs before writing Madoka and other stuff.
There can be no doubt!

LMAO, you both realize Shinbou STARTED with directing Triangle Hearts, an eroge, which then became Nanoha, a spin-off of that eroge, which later became Shinbou's inspiration to create Madoka. Urobchi wrote Madoka's script cause Shinbou contracted him too, Uro also stated in an interview that Shinbou's directorial work Nanoha was a big influence on his writing for Madoka.

As it went in the show, "LOOK AT THIS POPULAR SHOW....HE STARTED OUT AS.... MANY BISHOUJO GAME WRITERS", which would mean Masaki Tsuzuki is also a bishoujo writer who was the inspiration for the current show she's referencing. Smh, obviously the image is Madoka. I'm not wrong, neither are you. Which my original statement clearly implied. That "I" as in individual chose to recognize what I feel is the greater of the two, as they are both easily connected to each other as well as Kuroda's statement.

TL;DR Nanoha > Madoka

BlurredVision18Jan 9, 2016 1:45 AM
Jan 9, 2016 2:18 AM

May 2014
So this will be something like D-Frag?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 9, 2016 2:40 AM

Aug 2014
@naki13

Understood. I'm aware it was clearly referencing Madoka. But I like Nanoha. So it was easy for me to make that connection between the two titles, as well as Nanoha actually spawned directly from a "bishoujo game series".

I just can't pass up a opportunity to mention Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.
Jan 9, 2016 3:53 AM

Jul 2007
BlurredVision18 said:
naki13 said:

Also note the title parody:

and the reference to Urobuchi who started out as a writer for VNs before writing Madoka and other stuff.
There can be no doubt!

LMAO, you both realize Shinbou STARTED with directing Triangle Hearts, an eroge, which then became Nanoha, a spin-off of that eroge, which later became Shinbou's inspiration to create Madoka. Urobchi wrote Madoka's script cause Shinbou contracted him too, Uro also stated in an interview that Shinbou's directorial work Nanoha was a big influence on his writing for Madoka.

As it went in the show, "LOOK AT THIS POPULAR SHOW....HE STARTED OUT AS.... MANY BISHOUJO GAME WRITERS", which would mean Masaki Tsuzuki is also a bishoujo writer who was the inspiration for the current show she's referencing. Smh, obviously the image is Madoka. I'm not wrong, neither are you. Which my original statement clearly implied. That "I" as in individual chose to recognize what I feel is the greater of the two, as they are both easily connected to each other as well as Kuroda's statement.

TL;DR Nanoha > Madoka

And the poster and the reference is not about Shinbou.
Its about Urobuchi. Who was writing novels like Saya no Uta, which pretty much opened roads for him.
Jan 9, 2016 4:25 AM

Aug 2014
So the main story is about doing a bishoujo game. Let's see how is going to be!
Nice plot! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 9, 2016 5:48 AM

Jun 2009
Eh.
Nothing special. Boring, plain, kind of fake, jokes were not funny, music normal, graphics were bad.
And here I was, thinking I would enjoy it more than Norn9. But nope.
At least Kuroda is pretty. That's something, I guess.
I will give it a chance, another one or two episodes
I like pancakes.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

54 by MisakiKureha »»
Aug 1, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2016

70 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

100 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2016

57 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

46 by cableguyjay »»
Aug 24, 2023 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.