Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 28, 2015 3:11 AM

Jan 2011
It's a bit hard to judge this since it's mostly build up for the second half, for now I'll settle on a 7 but I might bump that to an 8 after I mull it over. Although I fully expect the second half to be easily in the 8+ range.

The way they mix all these different elements together and play it wholeheartedly serious just doesn't sound like it should work, but they pulled it off somehow. Definitely an overlooked show this season.
Dec 28, 2015 3:32 AM

Jul 2011
I usually enjoy and have little problem following along with non-linear plotlines, but this show was just too chaotic and messy for me to be honest. I also never really felt invested in any of the characters, only a few of the main characters held my interest, or seemed somewhat likable, while the rest either felt annoying or unnecessary. The series could have really benefited from having more focus than it did. There were a number of episodes where I really just felt more bored than anything watching random side characters and the protagonists arrive at Cliched conclusions, and as great at the theme or moral grayness is, it wasn't excicited well at all.

This show could have been a lot better than it is, but as harsh as I'm being right now I guess I enjoyed it enough to want to stick around for the second season.
Dec 28, 2015 3:34 AM

Apr 2015
This Is one of the harder shows to evaluate, admittedly.

I'll probably save my "final, final" score for when it's done. Feels like it's one of those shows where you need to see it all before commenting on the whole.
Dec 28, 2015 3:52 AM

Jan 2013
So here ends the first half of References: the anime. Too bad most anime watchers (including myself) couldn't enjoy to the full extent as it borrows everything from the past, even before we were born or very young for the most part. Of course, you can look up internet or books, but that's never enough, like, you can research German history, but will never fully understand stories about Ostalgie unless you actually were in part of it. That's how ConRevo works. It's a true reference-fest actually created by the people of that time, not just mocking hacks who hope throwing references everywhere will work.

The execution had some holes which required some imagniation to fill (like, the comedian guy being so "cool" about his friend killed), but was manageable. It's the most entertaining animation of the season for me that actually made me look forward to the next episode. My only gripe is that it didn't have much budget to show fluid actions except the iron detective fight.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 28, 2015 4:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I sincerly wish I had never picked up this mess. Most awkward anime I've seen since Yuri Kuma Arashi

2/10, doubt I can make myself watch the 2nd cour as well

Though at least it's not as bad as JK Meshi so still not the worst anime I've seen from this season :s
Dec 28, 2015 5:48 AM

Sep 2014
Definitely the most underrated Anime this whole year. While I still have a lot of unanswered questions(which should be answered in S2 hopefully) I honestly thought the story was pretty well-told. 6/10 solid Anime overall. Definitely had its flaws, but still enjoyable nonetheless.
Dec 28, 2015 7:22 AM

Apr 2013
Typical Bones making a huge mess.
Dec 28, 2015 7:42 AM

Jan 2009
Excitiiiiiiing! Now can't I say can't wait for next week but now I have to say I can't wait for April, gosh :D

The ending was pretty interesting too, I'm not sure I figured out that Hiroshima-part completely.
Dec 28, 2015 8:19 AM

Jul 2007
Always-Hungry said:

Except its not a mess and barring few mysteries everything has already fallen right into place?
Dec 28, 2015 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
Okay, guessed I goofed when calling the Urobutcher director. (His MAL page and Wikipedia do state connections with Chaos Dragon tho)

Why I dedicate a post to calling myself out? I don't know either.
Burger-MeisterDec 28, 2015 9:10 AM
Dec 28, 2015 9:16 AM

Jun 2014
Finally it seems like we'll be able to explore more about Jirou's past in the next season but then again the final scene doesn't leave the impression there will be more to offer regarding that aspect, as it's clear he was involved in an accident. Akita taking over the government minister's body was logical and well planned in advance and a great way in vetoing the bill to that was about to be published. Nice forshadowing right there with prior reference to his abilities mentioned earlier. Good finale episode that saved the somewhat abysmal previous episodes. 6/10
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 28, 2015 10:38 AM

Mar 2014
Amazing show, definitely one of the anime I find it enjoyable and the second season is something I'm looking forward to
Dec 28, 2015 10:48 AM

Aug 2014
Fai said:
Always-Hungry said:

Except its not a mess and barring few mysteries everything has already fallen right into place?

Yeah, Bones has easily been the best studio this year.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 28, 2015 10:49 AM

Sep 2011
The finale for this cour was fucking fantastic, it was a slow build but the pay off is worth it, too bad the awesome sounding 2nd cour is a while away.

I hate how underrated the show was
JizzyHitlerDec 28, 2015 10:49 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 28, 2015 11:10 AM

Feb 2013
Wew, that sure was something wasn't it? i was sort of expecting this of all things to be the straw that broke the camel's back with regards to why Jiro left the bureau. I guess I shouldn't have expected such considering it was likely around September 44th (where the immortal family was given an acid bath by Optimus Prime) that Jiro started to express his rebellious side.

So we learn a fair bit more about Jin Claude Van Damme, what he's done and for what reason. So the dude is Machiavellian to the max in a way that kind of invites comparison to Code Geass' Zero for more than just appearances. He no longer believes in a future where humans and superhumans can live in peace without some violence, and he figures if anyone ought to dirty their hands, it should be him. But does that necessarily mean peace between the two sides? Just think, what if Magneto won? I think it would be similar in this case as well with The superhumans forcing the normies into submission. That's what I assume those weird old dudes from space like Akita want. What that immortal boy said also rings true. What every generation of loud youngsters want is to undo the harmful aspects to of society that generations passed treated as if they were acceptable. This is especially true with something like war, a concept kids judge all the time without any 1st hand experience.

In theory, neither the government/superhuman bureau or Claude will be able to create lasting peace, but that's not the point here. The point is to see which side can better sell its phantasmagoria. You can't fuel your side of a war without the right amount of propaganda after all. This is all such a confusing and messy afair, so much so that not even Earth-chan has an idea of what to do, so she just cheats and looks for an easy answer, that being how fighting is bad (screw understanding the complicated circumstances that led to the fighting).

So yeah. Fun stuff. Heavy handed for sure, but I'll take a show with a loud voice over one with no voice.
Dec 28, 2015 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
This show felt like someone was slamming a brick to my head. It's not just the stupid mess of a timeline, but the inconsistencies with the characters and how things just happen out of nowhere. Gotta give it to the band guys. Love their episode. One of their friends die and they give no shits and are generally unaffected. I remember when one of their band members returned to the scene post-death of their other band member and he was like "what's up?" and everyone else was like "not much." Also, the time travel episode. "Hey, turns out you're an anomaly in space-time" Well, fuck. This show runs on pure senseless stupidity. Ugh.
Dec 28, 2015 7:18 PM

Jul 2015
I'm glad I finished this show! I was really confused with the timeline at first, but somehow everything makes sense, especially what lead to this vital part of the 43rd year.

Poor Earth-chan though :(

Dec 28, 2015 9:34 PM

Oct 2012
Started while expecting something like Kekkai Sensen, finished with something different but all the same unique and amazing~
Looking forward to April 2016! See you all there
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 28, 2015 11:32 PM
Dec 2015
Easily one of most enjoyable anime this season along with OPM.
Very unique presentation & storyline, good characters.
Last year they make a very good original anime "Space Dandy" and this year Bones made this, wow I hope they make another decent Original series in the future.
7/10 for this cour, maybe 8/9 on the 2nd Cour.
Really, amazing final episode & one of best episode of the year.
NotThisShitAgainDec 28, 2015 11:36 PM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Dec 28, 2015 11:40 PM

Mar 2013
Very interesting series and will probably watch the second half, even though I didn't understand a thing, lol-- it was kind of confusing.
Dec 29, 2015 1:33 AM
Dec 2013
The middle episodes were rather bland for me and I was really close to dropping a few weeks ago, but this finale was great! Glad I stuck it out, this episode wrapped up a lot of loose ends and left a good few questions to pump up the anticipation for later episodes. Looking forward to next cour and the 2nd season Bones upgrade.

If I said I completely understood everything in this anime I'd be a damn liar, because I simply cannot catch all the references and to be honest, I've not got the time to rewatch even though I'd like to. This show is probably really great with a rewatch once you know some more stuff about it, especially since the beginning few eps were rather cryptic and slow - I had a difficult time figuring out just exactly what they wanted to do, and the melodrama had me so close to pressing drop (looking at you, lovey dovey robots). This show was definitely heavy handed in terms of the execution and script (please spare me those AWFUL one liners and cheesy subplots) but it's doing things and tackling themes and references that nobody else is doing at the moment and that alone makes it stand out for me. It's great to see that the unconventional storytelling actually had a purpose too, as just 3 episodes ago I was ranting nonstop on Twitter about how I expected it to be a stronger device and wasted potential, blah blah...

It's currently like a 6.9/10 for me overall, but this ep was like 8/10. I've no doubt that 2nd cour will improve. Cheers!
sugawarakoushiDec 29, 2015 1:40 AM
Dec 29, 2015 7:24 AM

Mar 2015
is it only me that find final epsidoe pretty rushed and dissapointing? those whole event can made for 3-4 episode.

i found those episodec episode in the beginning more enjoyable and not too many spoonfeeding information. the later part has soo many event happened (and yes too many related with history that make me wiki-ed the whole thing mentioned) that make everything feel have really less correlation. event that mostly happened given it information later which is make hard to swallow what happened (need to reawatch some part).

overall, more enjoyable than most shows this season. 8/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 29, 2015 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
a second season awesome
Dec 29, 2015 4:45 PM
Apr 2014
Burger-Meister said:
As for the 2nd cour, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, sequels to Studio Bones shows are almost always better than the first (See: Noragami).

Well in case of Noragami it was just the source though. The work of Bones was great in the first season,too. Just the script sucked big time for episodes 3 to 9 followed by a filler at the end afaik. The second season didn't have a hard time being better when the source is so much more interesting at that part.

I'm glad we get another season. Bones always has great animation and I just love story telling like this with several related stories which get told from the perspectives of the related characters.

One thing irritated me though. Wasn't it that guy from the future that created the Superhuman Bureau? Then he knew about all this, too? This episode made it look like he didn't do much to create it and it was more like Akita and the professor created it.
Dec 30, 2015 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
I didn't expect this would turn out a good anime.
So I'll still watch the 2nd half on Spring 2016.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 30, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
So... Emi for best character and best girl, right?

anyway 6/10
Dec 30, 2015 8:24 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, I am so glad I missed out on the speculation(as a few posters have pointed out in this thread), because Jiro being the atom bomb blew my mind. That explains so much, too. What a way to end.

Great end to the first cour, and I am eagerly looking forward to the 2nd one. Admittedly, first couple of episodes were a little confusing to me, but I loved the middle and end to this show. It's a fascinating series; you can't deny it that. And it's true we need more ambitious shows like this in today's anime landscape. Hidden gem of the season, for sure. See you in April.

Earth-chan. T__T
Jan 1, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2014
Man am I glad I pulled throug. What seemed to be a confusing series turned out to be a confusing series XD
To be totally honest, this was a conclusion worthy looking at. They just brought back everyone possible in this ending, the fights and everything. It's just too much to think about 😲
A final rating of 7/10 will suffice, my rating remained unchanged throughout most of the anime.
I can't do anything but look forward to the second season. April here I come!
Jan 1, 2016 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
So all of the buildup between the pro-superhumans and the government finally came to a clash.

Everybody has basically picked their sides.

Claude accidentally committed suicide. Kikko had her demon queen form turned into a tiger spirit and then extracted from her body.

It was finally brought to light that the Bureau was on board with the government doing the experiments (even if the Bureau denies it).

Jirou's dad is completely on board with experimentation. Master Ultima apparently knows about the experiments used to create Jin...which actually resulted in creating Jin's helmet instead. Master Ultima wanted Jin to be Jirou 2.0, that didn't work, so he still wants Jirou's power.

Akita killed and possessed that government guy, and then voted no on the bill. Not sure what his agenda is. When he was still the chief he wanted the bill passed. He was all for government control and human experimentation with the façade of "protection". Something made him change his mind though.

We also learn the full truth about the Revised Bill. If it got passed, it would make all superhumans get registered and then classified as superhumans. If that happened, it would make it a thousand times easier for the government to segregate and control them, much like the Jim Crow laws in the US did to the black population.

Hyped for the next cour. Now that lines have been drawn, superhumans made their alliances, and Jirou is rogue, cant wait to see how all of the future events play out.

BGMaxie said:
Emi is unbelievably possessive and cruel, she may try to hold reins on Jiro, but clearly it isn't gonna work, specially after he is gonna walk his own path away from the left of the Bureau.

Yea, if there was ever any question on if Emi is a bitch or not, it was completely confirmed this episode.

She didn't want to save Kikko, but only did it because that's what Jirou wanted.

She wanted to kill Kikko, but only left her alive for Jirou's sake.

She wanted to see Jirou flip out on her and make her leave, but he ended up leaving the Bureau instead.

Also earlier in the show, when Kikko found out more about Emi's secrets, she made her stay quiet for "Jirou's sake".

She was also collaborating with the guy making kaijus.

She also supports Jirou's dad and whatever superhuman experiments he does.

She literally cannot be trusted and I would love to see Jirou totally shoot her down and just wreck her emotionally. Add salt in the wound by having Kikko finally step up and be able to seal all of Jirou's locks.

Fai said:
Burger-Meister said:
On the other hand, Urobuchi is directing it. I liked Madoka Magica, but Chaos Dragon and Rebellion were trainwrecks (Though I don't know if its Urobuchi's fault for why those two went horribly wrong but still). It's going to be interesting to see how it all pans it in the end though.

Urobuchi is not directing anything. HE is a guest writer. He also had no involvement with Chaos Dragon.

Uh...he was an original creator for Chaos Dragon...

Doomroar said:
5/7

This explains why Jiro leaves, but why the hell did the others stay? they have the exact same information than Jiro, and yet...

We know that the Super Human Bureau was being "manipulated", and also that they did a lot of conscious atrocities against superhumans, so they aren't what they are supposed to be, even without the manipulation, we can't say that the chief killing and hijacking that politician redeems their actions, for they have all the other things to deal with, for example the Rainbow Knight incident.

We also know that the ad agency likes to use people in order to propel their own hidden agenda, but which agenda is that one? they abused a bunch of kaijus and killed Megagon (with the help of the Superhuman bureau), they had factory of drugged candy to fuck superhumans, and they also have all those schemes with the idol agency.

We know that the government wants to keep using the superhumans as weapons, and Jiro's adoptive father is full in on this project, along with that alien friend of his.

In the end all the sides are corrupt, so why was only Jiro the one to leave?

Pretty much because Jirou had different beliefs than the rest. They may all have now heard the same information, but their allegiances have pretty much already been drawn.

Some like Jaguar and others at the Bureau, believe that what they are doing is right. They think that the Bureau and the government will protect superhumans, even at the cost of some research. This also applies to the kid with the robot, and the detective who side with the police force and government.

Others, like Psy-Kicker and a lot of the younger superhumans, side with the protesters, because they think that superhumans should protect everyone and that superhumans can change the world.

Jirou though, believes in justice. He admires the old superhumans he grew up watching and wants to desperately save every single superhuman and let everyone live in peace; without any oppression or strings attached.

He cant stay with the Bureau, because they think that superhumans are research tools that the can use with the government.

He cant side with the protesters, because some of those superhumans are willing to result to muder/fighting/using beasts to change the world. Even I it means superhumans and humans might get killed in the process.

So between those choices and never seeing Kikko, his only choice is to leave.

Plus, he's not the only one with that mindset either. Once he goes rogue, he does end up forming his own team of like-minded superhumans and they end up fighting both sides.
Jan 3, 2016 5:25 AM

Jul 2011
well now that was fucked up, everyone is fucked up.

and i love it.
Jan 3, 2016 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
If only this whole show was as good as its final episodes.
The mostly episodic 'meet these quirky superhumans' content didn't do anything for me.
I still don't like the aesthetics of this show at all but whatever. I'm intrigued enough to check out season 2.

Series as a whole gives me a similar feeling as Gatchaman Crowds did in the sense of I get it...It's just not really fun.
Jan 4, 2016 1:22 PM
Sep 2014
I dropped this a quarter way through...but decided to revisit the forum page to look through your reviews. Whoa a majority that stuck out with it seems pleasantly surprised & are looking forward to its 2nd cour. :)

Thanks to that I'm quite tempted to pick this up again.
But is it worth it?
Will a prospective romance-subplot be likely in the future? Will there be 'tragedy'? Will you recommend this to anyone?
Jan 5, 2016 9:05 AM

Mar 2013
this final episode went all-out. didn't expect the conflict to grow this big.
still a lot of questions to be answered; should be prepared for the next cour.

overall decent. the episodic format is always backed up with some interesting pieces of events that inflates the build-up of the story. Hints here and there, scattered.
I admit that it was difficult for me since I have a somewhat short attention span, so tried to take a break first and wait till it finishes so that I can watch them all straight. It's worth it-- it didn't disappoint me.

7/10, would expect a higher score for the upcoming sequel... if everything will be justified by then.

Jan 5, 2016 6:09 PM

Jul 2011
karmenmeghan said:
I dropped this a quarter way through...but decided to revisit the forum page to look through your reviews. Whoa a majority that stuck out with it seems pleasantly surprised & are looking forward to its 2nd cour. :)

Thanks to that I'm quite tempted to pick this up again.
But is it worth it?
Will a prospective romance-subplot be likely in the future? Will there be 'tragedy'? Will you recommend this to anyone?

1:yes
2:most likely.
3:there already is.
4:honestly, not really, it isn't a piece of art ofr anyone, it's one of those that in my opinion suffer from the "kingdom hearts syndrome" which basically means that most people who don't understand something(which though actually makes sense) will just label it as "pure shit", while they could have just checked the net to know what it was that they didn't understand, thankfully though, the concrete revolutio community is quite helpful, so if you are not the brightest one in the classroom, but you're still interested enough in it to check online for explanations, you will definitely enjoy it.

because let's be honest, it doesn't actually have any plot holes, but it feels like it has a lot of them due to how it has been aired.
Jan 6, 2016 7:18 AM
Nov 2010
I liked the character designs, the overall art style and the OST in this anime the most. This stuff made me enjoy the anime.

The story was fairly good, though I think it didn't have to be mixed up with the events to this scale.

I'll likely be watching the second part.
Jan 9, 2016 9:44 PM

May 2013
what a good show gdi ive just finished it bc i had no time but still. cant wait for 2nd season

im so sorry about earth-chan tho
Jan 11, 2016 3:49 AM

May 2013
Amazing story telling and cant wait for more episodes.Totaly underrated show,in my book a 9/10
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Jan 13, 2016 3:14 AM

Aug 2013
Chaotic. That is the best description for Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou. I've always been a fan of tokusatsu (currently limited to Kamen Rider & Super Sentai, wish that there'll be more toku titles with Eng subs, hopefully! I'm really interested) so this made me excited like a little kid.

Sad that this doesn't get a lot of love from MAL (shouldn't think about this a lot ahh). Great OST also! Looking forward for the 2nd cour with Kamen Rider Gaim & Fourze's main writers. I hope it will be more riot than ever.
Jan 21, 2016 3:50 AM

Sep 2014
The way that the events of individual episodes were presented in a non-linear fashion was interesting. As a viewer I found that I really needed to pay attention and catch every line of dialogue in order to piece together all the things that were happening, and I enjoyed being given the opportunity to do so.

I liked how most (if not all) episodes had their own individual stories while providing new information relating to the overall story. The way I would describe it would be like a series of small puzzles which come together form a larger puzzle.

The art style was great, I felt that the range of bright colours just worked well together.
Mirai, zura~!
Jan 24, 2016 9:52 PM

Dec 2010
Well this was a wild and crazy ride. But I loved the chaos. Could the plot have been a little more straightforward? Sure, but it ended up being fantastic the whole way through. The way all the minor plot points and characters collided in the finale was great, and it definitely set up where the show will be going in the second season.

It's not all that often that I find an anime with deep themes anymore, especially one so drenched in symbolism and metaphor. Do I fully understand the series? No, not entirely. But I understand the plot and what they are saying, but a lot of the intricacies are lost on me.

But because of this, the show becomes incredibly rewatchable, perhaps one of the most rewatchable in recent memory. I already want to sit down and watch the entire thing again. I feel like I could pick up on a lot of the smaller details I missed the first time around. Due to that this will most likely be a series I will buy.

The designs and atmosphere were completely unique and very much influenced by comics. I get a really strong Alan Moore vibe from it as well. Watchmen's influence is obvious, but there's also some V for Vendetta thrown in there as well, especially in the Claude arc.

Plus we get a whole second season, what could I ask for?

It gets an 8.5/10 with hopes that the second season will take it even higher!
Jan 30, 2016 11:56 AM

Jun 2009
Eh, whatever. I really don't care. 6/10
grandy_UiDJan 30, 2016 1:29 PM
Feb 4, 2016 6:32 PM

May 2012
A rather meh ending of a rather bad anime I must say...

Oh well, this anime probably took me the longest to finish from the past season, because it didn't interest me one bit. But well I'm glad I finally finished it!
Mar 7, 2016 4:34 PM

Nov 2010
Now that I've finally watched this I have to say it was the most disappointing show of the season for me. I actually had this idea in my mind that this show was probably in the top three from Autumn and was saving it for later, thinking it was one of those shows with a unique presentation and a plot that comes together in the end, but I guess I was just careless after the good impression from Kekkai Sensen and wanted to trust Bones blindly.

Rather than a new Kekkai Sensen, Baccano or Kyousougiga, this one ended up reminding me of The Rolling Girls, except without the energy that made me forgive the shortcomings of that show.
Mar 26, 2016 9:29 AM

Apr 2015
honestly,thru the whole anime i was basically like

i loved the colorful backrounds but everything else barely made sense or it just wasn't that interesting. i hope season 2 will change my mind about this anime but 5/10 for now...
Apr 18, 2016 6:10 PM

Sep 2015
Just recently finished the series and I am blown away. This show is so heavily underrated, it manages to be a fun fantasy/action show while carrying all this brilliant symbolism for Post-WWII Japan's political chaos as well! And I'm sure once I rewatch this show I'll find dozens of other themes that it touches upon and love it even more. Can't wait to start season 2
Jul 27, 2016 8:37 PM

Sep 2013
In the end the spacemen people still are confusing the hell out of me... The guy in Imperial Ad... I don't get his actions at all (with the help of the publicity girl or something)... and the Chief, who changed from manipulating basically everybody (and wanting the bill to pass) to kill the minister and change sides.

Also the reaction of Kikko and ghost boy after they know about what Bureau was doing... I mean, they were sitll working for them after that... As well I don't get why the kid joined the police and the purpose of the latter on the story (about this point maybe I just don't remember after this crazy ride)...
WintoviskyJul 27, 2016 9:08 PM
Sep 3, 2017 2:43 AM

Dec 2012
Takahara.
LMFAO at Ullr humping Emi.
OMG! My eternal waifu, Sanae! How I've missed you so. Oppai looks so lovely.
Hello, blonde superhuman girl in black.
The student with the lovely oppai is back. Oppai on point.
Dat transformation.
Dat sakuga.
Oh shit! Emi out GoB'd Demon Kikko.
Jinko Kikko?
Holy shit! Actual nipples. SUGOI!
Those eyes.
Dat transformation.
Wow. That was a dumbass death. He had enough space to get out, but decides to use his power.
Earth-chan!
Jiro left.
Baby Jiro. They drew the penis.
8 20.

So if they had one episode to show nipples, why didn't they use it on my eternal waifu, Sanae, a few episodes back when she was naked? She's clearly the better choice over Kikko. Come on. As a BD watcher, I am disappointed.
RobSep 3, 2017 2:48 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 15, 2017 5:45 AM

Aug 2008
loved this show, shame most people don't have patience to watch pass episode 1, the best hero anime
Oct 22, 2017 2:16 AM

May 2016
If this series has taught me anything; it's not to judge a series simply by its low(ish) MAL rating. I didn't know what to suspect coming into it and I guess a lot of people were turned off by it's non-linear plot. However it's not that hard to figure out what's going on once you connect the dots together. In the end I found a simple but nice overarching plot with post-WWII symbolism.

I couldn't really fault this series; each episode entertained me and I generally liked all the characters. The OP was great too and I loved the visual style!

Solid 8/10 from me.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Dec 30, 2018 8:02 AM

Mar 2016
This show has some problems, but I can't deny how much fun it is. It's as if the staff don't give a fuck about the audience and just want to do everything they wouldn't be able to do in any other show. Which might not be a good thing if there wasn't such an obvious point to everything that happens.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

38 by Beguni »»
Aug 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

188 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 19, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.