Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2015 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, I just find that Ho Ho Ho girl to be ridiculous at times with her taunting. Surprisingly good action this week when comparing the military against the Objects, which stand almost no chance against.

Definitely one of the better episodes for this series so far imo.
There's less comedy and actually some violence along with more focus on the mission. What a team~

Nov 20, 2015 9:24 AM

Jan 2012
Now that was one satisfying punch. Only complaint is one wasn't given to that big boobed blonde girl for stopping Princess from helping them too. Seriously that bitch needed some serious comeuppance. Great episode that aside.
Nov 20, 2015 9:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man seeing our boys destroy that 0.5 Object as well as seeing Havia punch the shit out of that cunt made this episode for me

Great conclusion to this arc
Nov 20, 2015 9:52 AM

Nov 2012
Ok episode, I mean it getting a bit boring and didn't even get the chance to properly see the ohoho girl who controlled the other object...
Nov 20, 2015 10:24 AM

Sep 2010
This was the most serious episode thus far. Filde Chicken got a well-deserved punch.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Nov 20, 2015 10:34 AM

Apr 2010
So Qwencer and Havia managed to bring down another object still one of the flaws in this anime is that they are the only ones that brought down objects without object.
If they can so it so can others.

There is also the way they destroy those Objects, to me it seems conventional weapons should be able to destroy them.
Then again the entire idea of these objects is pretty much impossible.
Nov 20, 2015 11:20 AM

Feb 2015
gg *clapping*
i like the way they destroyed the Object, Best episode so far.
I'm pretty suprised too, that they put the OP in the end, with full version too.
4/5

Tokoya said:

Great conclusion to this arc
Nov 20, 2015 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
It was interesting to see that Qwenthur and Havia's actions are actually having wider consequences than just influencing the outcome of the battle in which they occur, and that's something I'm hoping to see be explored much more in the future. Also, it's way too obvious that there is a lot more to this Ohoho girl than what there appears to be, not least because of how they seemed hell-bent on not showing her fully at any point. It was also good to see the comedy toned down quite a bit and replaced with a much more serious atmosphere for much of the episode. Great ending to the best arc so far.

Also, am I the only one who thought the episode just took a random jump near the end to get to that fight with the gen 2 object?
Nov 20, 2015 11:57 AM

Apr 2011
Good to know they finish the battle this episode. I believe the anime made some changes in this part but that doesn't really matter now. Havia punching that jackass was very satisfying.
Nov 20, 2015 12:03 PM

May 2015
Pretty good episode. Pretty decent ending to this arc. Seeing the old man getting rekt by Havia was a sight to see.

Nov 20, 2015 12:07 PM

Feb 2015
danieltortoisee said:
It was interesting to see that Qwenthur and Havia's actions are actually having wider consequences than just influencing the outcome of the battle in which they occur, and that's something I'm hoping to see be explored much more in the future. Also, it's way too obvious that there is a lot more to this Ohoho girl than what there appears to be, not least because of how they seemed hell-bent on not showing her fully at any point. It was also good to see the comedy toned down quite a bit and replaced with a much more serious atmosphere for much of the episode. Great ending to the best arc so far.

Also, am I the only one who thought the episode just took a random jump near the end to get to that fight with the gen 2 object?

I was thinking the same thing
Nov 20, 2015 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
This was the most serious episode so far!

Filde got what he deserved!
Nov 20, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty awesome action packed episode! Loved the action in this episode from Qwenthur and Havia taking out another object to our princess taking a 2nd gen object out with the op going on and how can I forget that satisfying punch to Filde Chicken! I cant wait to see what the next arc has in store for us!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCsscq-lLkY
Nov 20, 2015 12:48 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
For being supposedly indestructible, these Objects are consistently proving themselves to be very... well, destructible
Nov 20, 2015 12:55 PM
Aug 2012
Well there were some changes in the middle (it was actually good......props to JC) but overall a pretty nice episode. The additional fight at the end was well done as well and seeing Filde Chicken getting punched was satisfying...........it would have been more fun if it was a double punch from our Duo though, but circumstances. Also they explained a bit about how Elites fight as well........

Volume 1 ends with this episode and onto Volume 2 from the next one. Looks like it will take 5-6 episodes if they are planning to adapt till volume 4. I am eagerly waiting for some backstories, sinking ships and penguins and more awesomeness from our duo and at the same time afraid about what JC will do with a certain scene.
Dragon_Slayer_XNov 20, 2015 1:20 PM

Nov 20, 2015 1:08 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
How the heck did Havia arrive there so quickly to punch the guy out?

I cannot wait to see the girl in the other object. Why the heck is she always shown halfway?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 20, 2015 1:39 PM

Feb 2014
Best episode so far!

The comedy took a back seat for the majority of the episode as the serious action dominated from start to finish. Although our Dynamic Duo took some damage here and there, they're able to succeed in destroying the 0.5th gen with an almighty electrical surge. Mikoto Misaka would be proud of that. =3

And to add to Filde's misery, his back-up Object, the Exact Javelin, got wiped out easily by the Baby Magnum, the first time we've seen the Baby Magnum win it's battle for a change.

Then along came the highlight of the episode, where Havia arrived in style to punch Filde in his place. The punch itself was VERY satisfying! =D

By the looks of the next episode, we won't be in Antarctica for long since it's not a 2 or 3-parter, but only 1 instead.
Nov 20, 2015 2:05 PM

Apr 2015
Very amazing episode! And the end felt rushed for me... :/
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Nov 20, 2015 2:14 PM

Sep 2013
That was a strange transition, if there was supposed to be one at all, but that punch was flipping great.
Nov 20, 2015 2:50 PM

Jun 2015
To everyone complaining about objects being too easy to destroy, the logic is actually quite simple:

Object makers built objects that were immune to conventional weapons.
-> Everyone learned not to fight objects with conventional weapons.
-> Since no one is fighting with conventional weapons anymore, object makers stopped putting in countermeasures for conventional weapons.

It happens in the real world too. Remember how medieval knights had to wear heavy plate armor to protect themselves against swords? Then guns came out -> everyone learned using swords against gunmen in heavy armor is crazy -> no one uses swords anymore -> no one bothers to wear heavy armor anymore -> swords can now own face again (with some clever trickery).

In short: All of these object makers are just cutting corners on their anti-personnel defenses because they didn't think anyone would be insane enough to try.
Nov 20, 2015 3:06 PM

Dec 2010
This was an iffy episode overall.

I enjoy the lighthearted nature of the show and I'm glad the director did not choose to dive into melodrama to advance the storyline eg by killing Qwenthur.

I also liked the combat scenes, which were logical and interesting.

The show kind of jumped the shark however in the treatment of Flide. I find it very hard to believe that in a world where military discipline is so strict that the Princess is unable to disobey Flide's orders not to go help Qwenthur, is at the same time so lax that Frolaytia can barge into Flide's centre of operations and Havia gets to punch his superior officer. The punch is admittedly satisfying, but highly unrealistic.
Nov 20, 2015 3:50 PM
Sep 2014
weewah said:
To everyone complaining about objects being too easy to destroy, the logic is actually quite simple:

Object makers built objects that were immune to conventional weapons.
-> Everyone learned not to fight objects with conventional weapons.
-> Since no one is fighting with conventional weapons anymore, object makers stopped putting in countermeasures for conventional weapons.

It happens in the real world too. Remember how medieval knights had to wear heavy plate armor to protect themselves against swords? Then guns came out -> everyone learned using swords against gunmen in heavy armor is crazy -> no one uses swords anymore -> no one bothers to wear heavy armor anymore -> swords can now own face again (with some clever trickery).

In short: All of these object makers are just cutting corners on their anti-personnel defenses because they didn't think anyone would be insane enough to try.

Well its true that 2nd gen Objects are not as well rounded as 1st gen but I personally don't think that 2nd gen lacking in anti personal defense. Still no conventional means or weapons can defeat an Object.
You know 1st gen were designed to be something like an one-man army but 2nd gen meant to defeat those supposedly indestructible 1st gen object. As such all 2nd gen design tries to have a definitive edge over other object. But due to this design is no longer as well balanced as it used to be and some design oversight can be exploited. So far we've seen only one true 2nd gen in the anime so I believe this will be clearer in the future. Soon we'll see an Object thats designed around its main gun.

Also I do not think Qwentur is just a normal boy. He is exceptionally good at exploiting any opportunity be it some design oversight or luck. I think no one else beside this duo could defeat an Object simply because those who fight against object are bounded by conventional wisdom even Havia is the same. Its just that Qwentur is abnormal.
(sorry for my bad english)
Nov 20, 2015 4:28 PM

Dec 2013
I actually really enjoyed this little arc
Nov 20, 2015 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
God that punch was satisfying.

So big boobs is taking an interest in Qwenthur, looks like princess might have a rival.
Nov 20, 2015 5:18 PM

Aug 2015
And another object goes down!
Nov 20, 2015 5:26 PM

Oct 2011
Ultimate215 said:
God that punch was satisfying.

Oh yeah... Oh yeah...
Nov 20, 2015 6:25 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
What a clever way to defeat the big 0.5th gen and Havia's punch to that old fart's face felt really satisfying to watch.

"So, the Emperor with his new clothes killed all his men with his big fart?"

"Damn you, Flide Chicken!"

Havia's retorts made my day. xP
Nov 20, 2015 6:35 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, this anime can get really good at times! That punch was great!

5/5
Nov 20, 2015 6:40 PM

Oct 2015
very good chapter. Again showing the cruelty of war, this time with corrupt politicians who do not care about ending the war but that everything goes according to their interests. I loved the punch Havia and hopefully pull the trigger. Qwanser very good strategy and I was pleased how Milinda destroyed the Object. Best episode in a long time.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Nov 20, 2015 7:25 PM

Jun 2014
A nice conclusion to this arc, and Havia's punch made it even more satisfying. Still, I hope each arc isn't the same repetitive thing where it's just Qwenthur and Havia destroying Objects by themselves all the time.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Nov 20, 2015 7:28 PM

Apr 2014
One of the most underrated animes of the season

Nov 20, 2015 7:28 PM
Mar 2014
Pretty Decent adaptation of this arc.
A few things though...
The thing bothering me the most (and not just in this anime) is the "water is a near perfect conductor" "fact" that seems to be used a LOT. Just how much of the current can actually make it through that puddle and into the object? Wouldn't the ground have, well, grounded the wire??? I mean It would probably have electrocuted a person but...

Also although not mentioned in the episode, in the LN the Oceania soldiers were having a seeing of ceremony for their precious object and were all roasted when the booster malfunctioned and blew up.

Last thing is that the ending with Flide was left kinda open ended in the novel. I was wondering if it would become a anime original mini arc. Also it was mentioned that a 12 year old girl (essentially a test subject) was piloting Flide's secret object. Plus Flide's office was in a skyscraper in a major city in a home country. The battle wasn't described in the novel but I was kinda-sorta (JC staff original arcs can be a bit...remember the railgun anime original arcs?) of looking forward to an original arc set in a major metropolitan area. Well Flide got a well deserved punch so I guess its all good lol.

By the way I think the novel is quite repetitive so the anime will probably be too. Its still entertaining though, with individual arcs all (mostly) having their own unique elements. Some world building too.
Nov 20, 2015 10:11 PM

Jan 2013
Qwenthur and Havia doesn't give a f** if they are fighting against objects xD they simply destroy them.
So that guy was bad and he only wanted war...(as i've said in the previous episode), thanks to Q & H to dealing with him :D
That "ho ho girl" is a bi** and she needs to learn a lesson, and it seems that she discovered the "main" weakness of the Baby Magnum...at least that's what i think.
I was unnecessary to "speed" that ending where Baby Magnum destroys that Object of 2nd generation, i would love to see that fight in a full episode.
The next episode will be in Antarctica :D love how they change the war locations, i'ts amazing!

animefan8800 said:
Now that was one satisfying punch. Only complaint is one wasn't given to that big boobed blonde girl for stopping Princess from helping them too. Seriously that bitch needed some serious comeuppance. Great episode that aside.

True mate, she needs to learn her place..
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 20, 2015 10:15 PM

Jun 2013
citizen169 said:
Last thing is that the ending with Flide was left kinda open ended in the novel. I was wondering if it would become a anime original mini arc. Also it was mentioned that a 12 year old girl (essentially a test subject) was piloting Flide's secret object. Plus Flide's office was in a skyscraper in a major city in a home country. The battle wasn't described in the novel but I was kinda-sorta (JC staff original arcs can be a bit...remember the railgun anime original arcs?) of looking forward to an original arc set in a major metropolitan area.

yeah know that feeling too. really hoping battle in metropolitan area, but instead, JC give us "exact javelin" to wrap things up in desolate area. one fortunate thing is next volume will be adapted faster.
bad english incoming
sorry for that
Nov 21, 2015 12:09 AM
Nov 2010
I enjoyed this episode as well. I thought the solution was inventive and was led up by the previous episode about "overheating" from the excess power from the reactors. I liked how they threw in the injuries to make it seem not as easy, otherwise if everything always went on planned this show would be pretty predictable. Find exploit, object dead.

I also agree that Qwenthur maybe unique but knowing special forces of today, there will always be smart people willing to learn about defeating countermeasures that seem undefeatable. If they have to study up for months or years on powering and engineering objects, then they would do so. If the world is fragmented as it seems, the bigger countries should have a few really smart elite soldiers that could probably exploit objects that are poorly designed. They probably even have a catalog of all the countries objects as well as support doing the legwork to find exploits as well. The main issue I think is getting close enough to be able to do anything. Without any new tech (optical, thermal and radar camouflage), it seems like an object could detect any living animal miles away before it could be close enough to do anything. But now I'm rambling....

It amuses me that Flide nor Havia ever mentioned anything about being related. Flide's like his uncle right? Unless their family is totally divided, I don't think the relatives would take to kindly to killing off other family members for profit xD

That Object fight at the end definitely seemed rushed.
Nov 21, 2015 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
Dat punch. He deserved it.
Nov 21, 2015 1:01 AM
Aug 2012
yngtadpole said:

It amuses me that Flide nor Havia ever mentioned anything about being related. Flide's like his uncle right? Unless their family is totally divided, I don't think the relatives would take to kindly to killing off other family members for profit xD

That Object fight at the end definitely seemed rushed.

They are not related..........that's why. How did you even get that idea?

Nov 21, 2015 2:17 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty good episode overall, and a very satisfying end to this arc!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2015 3:40 AM
May 2015
Man, that old man is one bad bureaucrat , leaving the two without anything but their wits.
Nov 21, 2015 5:26 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode, my boys managed to bring another Object down.

"Flide Chiken" - Havia 2015
Nov 21, 2015 7:15 AM

Jun 2015
The water didn't reach Qwenther even tho there was a flood of it and there was not much distance between him and the object. Why is that? Anime logic anyone?

And that object took its sweet time firing(like all the previous ones did) when sensors are clearly showing human activity near it. Instead of leveling the area it did nothing.
Nov 21, 2015 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

If the production had spent more time on making more episodes like this, this would have been a grand series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2015 9:35 AM

Jun 2013
that fucking bureaucrat counciler
Nov 21, 2015 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
OMG what a satisfying punch
Nov 21, 2015 7:06 PM

Jul 2009
So I had a reply typed out but I think I pressed something and it deleted ... so I'm just gonna say that I enjoyed this episode and it was very entertaining :D
Nov 21, 2015 7:49 PM

May 2015
nice episode! seems quenthur knowing about conduction theory (or something else)
Nov 22, 2015 2:27 AM

Dec 2012
Very good episode, for once they had some serious problems. That punch was epic.
Nov 22, 2015 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
I was kinda hoping we'd see those two MCs getting some armpit action from Frolaytia after whooping that 0.5th gen's ass.
Nov 22, 2015 9:46 AM

Aug 2008
Somehow I was so bored and procrastinating so badly I caught up with this series and I can't find much reason to watch it aside from fanservice. And there even isn't enough of that. Huh... it's a series that made me think it should have more fanservice. I guess it shows how weak the plot is. The whole idea how combat functions in this story is so half assed I would rather watch characters just bantering instead of these "operations". Maybe it's one of these series to watch while having a drink. Or watch with somebody and laugh at it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 22, 2015 1:17 PM
Apr 2014
For a moment I was scared I'd have to wait a week for that outcome but they not only destroyed the object they also got to punch that asshole. Couldn't have ended any better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.