Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2008 9:47 AM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright. One more ep until the battle, the beginning of it anyway.
Jan 14, 2008 1:20 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode, even though not alot happened, but still enjoyed it ^_^

but looking forward to the next episode.....

also new opening was awesome XD and liked the new ending too!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2008 3:42 PM

Jan 2008
gah
I don't want any SetsunaxMarina ><
Jan 14, 2008 4:18 PM

Jan 2008
shits going down, prepare yourself this is gonna be a heavy battle.
it think on EP 16 we well see alot of battle and secrets, and on EP 15 nothing much.
Jan 14, 2008 6:07 PM

Sep 2007
Jaemi said:
I don't want any SetsunaxMarina ><

Agreed. Reminds me a bit of Heero and Relena from Wing. Can't wait for the battle though.
Jan 14, 2008 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
Alot DID happen. A whole bunch of new sqauds, pacts, a new Unit for Ali....hopefully the battle will be good and wats up with Sumeragi???
Jan 14, 2008 7:44 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I really enjoyed the new OP and ED - and especially the animation for the ED! I'll miss the old ED song though.

Things are developing... I really enjoyed this episode. All the American Fighter pilots totally took me back to Top Gun though (mmm, young Tom Cruise, haha). It sucks that even though it's a ploy, they have to go in because of who they are. I would if Sumeragi can use the info that dude slipped her in the next ep.

I want to know more about their backgrounds though! And I wonder if the upcoming battle is going to make the Meisters farther away from each other, or closer in the end. If anyone gets captured, I hope it's Tieria >:|
Jan 14, 2008 10:12 PM

Jun 2007
I like the new OP and the new ED's animation, it makes the meisters besides Tieria look really close. I could tell for some reason that this episode would not have any action in it just from how it started and progressed. Its strange, its been rare for there to be absolutely no action so far but it looks like next episode will compensate. I like the interactions between the characters like how Christina covered for Setsuna and Lockon faking having girls in his car while the other guy was jealous. I'm rooting for Setsuna x Marina!

Jan 15, 2008 11:45 AM

Aug 2007
An ok episode. The whole prepping for battle really got me hype up. I hope I can get to see the fighting that I really want to see. The Gundam Meister's actually fighting people that are not pushovers, and the fight ends in a draw.
Jan 15, 2008 12:18 PM

Aug 2007
i thought it was rather amusing at the end when Setsuna enters Marina's room, asked a random question and while she is answering it, leaves halfway.
Jan 15, 2008 6:08 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This episode was good. New OP and ED set the mood well. A lot of weird things indeed happened..... Even now, the goal of Celestial Being is rather obscure.... Can't wait for the rest of the season. I wonder how things will develop in the second season...so far away!! (We are just at 14/50 right now...)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 16, 2008 9:02 AM
Jan 2008
ep was alot of talkin and no action wanted more action.
but the new op and ending songs where great! love them.
lookin forward to ep 15 ;)

Jan 19, 2008 4:39 AM

Jun 2007
Episode 15 is EPIC
Jan 19, 2008 11:45 AM

Oct 2007
bakaidiot said:
i thought it was rather amusing at the end when Setsuna enters Marina's room, asked a random question and while she is answering it, leaves halfway.

lmao! exactley my sentiments

Jan 19, 2008 4:35 PM

Jun 2007
bakaidiot said:

lol ya same here. I think he did that to skip all the sentimental love love bullshit she was about to spew out. Eithor that or the real reason he showed up was just to see her before he went into battle (I doubt that though).

This ep was great. It's definitely building up the "Earth vs Gundams" movement thats bound to happen in the future. I honestly wasn't expecting it to happen this soon into the series though. Which leads me to believe something more will happen later on.

Cant wait till the battle in the next episode!
Jan 20, 2008 3:16 PM

Oct 2007
Setsuna is one rude bastard, leaving halfway through someones speech about stuff.

Jan 20, 2008 10:07 PM

Sep 2007
Highlight of the episode is Sumeragi.

But overall, pretty good prelude to a major shitstorm.
Jan 20, 2008 11:09 PM

Jan 2007
New OP is ok, prefer Daybreak Bell though, new ED is very nice, like that one more.

As for the episode, it was very enjoyable. I'm not big on pre battle episodes but this was well done and I am very excited about seeing the next episode.
Jan 21, 2008 3:30 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I think the new OP will grow on me, it's great but not as great as Daybreak's Bell. Yet. The new ED is better than the old one imho, love the animation especially.

Episode was enjoyable, it was only a matter of time when they all teamed up against CB. Looking forward to more.

And shut up about episode 15, this thread covers episode 14 and episode 14 only.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 21, 2008 3:35 AM
Nov 2007
4 out of 5: Liked it. It was good :)
Jan 21, 2008 5:35 AM

Jul 2007
Well I ended up waiting for conclave-mendoi's delayed release but it was worth it because I think HD releases are a must for this series^^,
Well anyways I loved the new opening theme and the ending theme was also pretty good. And I also liked that new guy Patrick he seems like quite a character haha
Well I can't wait for the next episode, it seems like things are heating up.
Jan 21, 2008 8:19 PM

Nov 2004
Yeah, I waited for Conclave and Mendoi also. Anyway I love the new opening. I spent the time in the episode thinking about which singer did the opening since I really recognize the voice. Then it hit on me! Tommyfebruary6! Tomoko Kawase! And I was right, except it's in one of her old bands. I'm a fan of Tomoko Kawase so I am biased towards the song by default. Although I like her Gintama OP the best still.

As for the actual episode, I thought it was rather sweet. The calm before the giant wave coming. Setsuna did a number of unexpected things. He.. hung out with Saji and Louise for a short while. And I was really shocked that he went to see Marina. What the, why can a guy in a Gundam so easily get into Azadistan's royal palace without anyone knowing? Ridiculous. I hope we get something about Tieria that stops making him such a bastard.

The ending was funny. Lockon cutting Setsuna's hair. I was thinking about what that scissor on the beach was supposed to symbolize. A weapon?
Jan 24, 2008 12:32 PM
Jun 2007
It was worth waiting for the version by Clavemen. "Ash Like Snow" is now my second favorite OP ever. as for ep.14, I enjoyed it a lot, well except for Louise bitching all over the place. I'm still baffled as to what significant role they'll play in the future.

Wasabi said:
Jun 9, 2008 6:27 AM

May 2008
a fairly boring episode in my opinion, nothing special about it, i even felt like the art was a bit worst than their usual.
i did however enjoy the ED it was really nice.
Jul 29, 2008 1:30 PM

May 2007
Triethanolamine said:
Well I ended up waiting for conclave-mendoi's delayed release but it was worth it because I think HD releases are a must for this series^^,
Well anyways I loved the new opening theme and the ending theme was also pretty good. And I also liked that new guy Patrick he seems like quite a character haha
Well I can't wait for the next episode, it seems like things are heating up.
But Patrick wasn't new at this point.
Aug 10, 2008 6:19 PM

Jun 2007
I was about to get very worried about Setsuna for a moment there...That's not normal social behaviour! Roll on the huge battle!

Also, Paddy (Patrick), the AEU ace, was amusing as always!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Jan 25, 2009 3:09 PM

Jul 2008
I did not expect Setsuna to visit Marina. Which he managed to do with virtually no one noticing. @___@

BEGINNER
Mar 11, 2009 1:56 PM
Nov 2008
patrick is the bomb..=))..
setsuna appearing outta nowhere...asking random question..if i was marina..i would have pulled him in my bed and say..'screw fights!..kissu desu..'' =))
May 27, 2009 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
First i have to say, amazing new OP and ED the songs and animation is grade.

I'm still wondering what role does that guy with the blond girl plays. Is he gone a become Gundam pilot or something?

Anyway big fight is starting although it is kind of stupid. Since it's a united exercise i see no reason for them ti intervene. All they have to do is leak the information about the uranium plant to the media.
Jul 5, 2009 8:46 PM

Mar 2009
bakaidiot said:
Yeah that was just...stupid. I guess I can understand that he's confused and looking for answers but was there any point to doing that?

Anyway this episode was just all about the preparation for this big battle coming up...meaning that it was a little boring to be honest. A good amount of questions come up though. For instance why is the mercenary man posing as an AEU operative? And if he's receiving secret orders does this mean that it was really the AEU who was responsible for leaking that info earlier? Either way it seems as though this whole thing was planned out by one of the three powers so that a terrorist group would come in and wipe out the others so there'd only be 1 superpower left on top. Obviously this means there'll be a conflict and CB has to intervene but if they do then all of the forces of all of the nations will turn against them and they'll be screwed. And all the sides are beefing up as well so that can't be good. I do wonder if Sumeragi was able to get anything useful out of Katagiri though. That man is really a dip-shit who's just thinking with his penis instead of his head right now. I mean that can really only be the rational explanation for leaking so much info like that.

Other than all that there really wasn't much. Just a lot of talking and nothing really eventful. As I said the scene with Setsuna and Marina was a little stupid and that scene with Louise was definitely unnecessary. The new OP animation is wonderful, though the song itself is only ok. The ED animation was a little odd in my opinion, especially the beginning (who makes an ending sequence consisting of a guy getting a haircut?) but the song was pretty good.

This episode was underwhelming, but I'm hopeful that this upcoming battle will blow me away.

3/5
CG-LOVERJul 5, 2009 8:51 PM
Jul 5, 2009 8:49 PM

Mar 2009
Wasabi said:
Meaning her massive....um, assets right? Seriously I worry that those things'll just accidentally pop out of here shirt. I haven't seen any that big since Rangiku from Bleach.
Feb 7, 2010 1:08 PM

Nov 2008
I liked both the new ending and opening.

I thought that Setzuna went to the princes for lewd reasons. But I guess I was wrong.

I'm still not sure what purpose the blonde and her "boyfriend" play on this series. They have still not done something of interest other than interact with Setzuna.
Jun 16, 2010 11:25 AM
Feb 2010
The new OP is pretty nice, though I think I liked the old one better.

I still don't understand how Setsuna thinks. He seems to have a weakness for Marina, going out of his way to see her. And then he leaves halfway through the conversation. Rude and weird at the same time...

Aug 8, 2010 3:48 PM

Aug 2009
First OP was way better, same with the ED... Wtf haircut? Setsuna is just plain weird...
Aug 15, 2010 4:43 PM

Sep 2009
Lockon is an awful hair stylist. Nothing changed. @_@;
Oct 14, 2010 2:03 AM

Aug 2009
prefer Daybreak's Bell too.
but i like the new ending than the 1st one.

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Apr 21, 2011 10:55 PM

Sep 2009
Ewww.
New OP is boring.

And the new ED does nothing for me. Doesn't make me excited at the end of the episode like the old one did.

Episode itself...arg.
Lots happened but at the same time it was drawn out and boring.
Jul 19, 2011 3:21 PM

Jan 2008
I really like the OP, but I'm hating the ED. I loved the first one and this second one, besides being generic looks dumb for the most part. Too bad.
Aug 18, 2012 1:13 AM

Dec 2008
Kind of boring episode, next one looks more interesting.
Feb 8, 2014 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
Identity said:
bakaidiot said:

lmao! exactley my sentiments

Yeah... Setsuna is a pretty strange guy
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Apr 15, 2014 12:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A calm before the storm kind of episode. The arrogance of the three powers is breathtaking, they'd rather join forces with their enemies than start scaling down on war.

BTW, I think that the reaction of Celestial Being is stupid. They should just not even show up and let the 3 spend money and resources.

LOL at the random Setsuna visit to Marina. For a moment I thought he was doing a booty call.

Sumeragi showe scene. Yes!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 20, 2014 8:42 PM

Feb 2013
Ash like snow -- I like the new OP song.
Jun 20, 2014 8:51 PM

Jun 2014
BurntJelly said:
Ash like snow -- I like the new OP song.

The brilliant green <3.
Aug 4, 2014 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
The new ending theme is better than the previous one, but it's not particularly great. The new opening theme, however, is awesome; even more so than the previous one, which I'd already enjoyed.

This was a slower episode, kind of a let down after the intensity of the last few episodes, but I still enjoyed it. I in particular really enjoy seeing interaction between Setsuna and Saji/Louise; it'd be nice to see more scenes like that. Overall, this episode and the last one kind of depicted why I like Setsuna a lot. The way he randomly showed up in Marina's house and vanished as quickly as he appeared is both mysterious and badass.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 19, 2016 6:50 AM

Jul 2008
The calm before the storm I take it, this is going to get crazy.
Aug 9, 2017 12:22 PM
Dec 2014
This guy flew all the way there just to ask why the world is twisted... That's some wooing moves you got there man.
Aug 21, 2018 8:23 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
^Lol!

Yeah but really, what possessed Setsuna to do that. This guy is just as strange as Heero, if not more. What a waste of fuel, time, and energy just to do that.

I'm also wondering what's the significance of Saji and Louise. Saji seems like he might become important later on, but as of now, I don't find him very interesting to watch.

I wonder if Katagiri would want to kick himself if and when he finds out that Sumeragi was using him...but perhaps Sumeragi could possibly reciprocate his feelings, but won't let him know because of her position? Unlikely, but not impossible. Anyways, I'm curious about her past as well, not just the full story of the Gundam Meisters.

As for the OP and ED...dang lol, I never realized how little 13 episodes can seem when you're not watching as the show airs. Was about to skip the OP until I realized it seemed different XD I definitely like the first OP better, Hyde's vocals are full of emotions. That's not to say the new OP is bad, I like the song, but with such a great first OP, the second one just seems to fall flat. Sort of like Raise Your Flag, none of the OPs that came after that in IBO could beat it. The ED song I do like better though. The cutting hair part is nice and sort of relaxing. Definitely not something you see in an OP/ED. It's calming, but maybe also signifying Setsuna's growth?
Oct 19, 2023 1:05 AM

Aug 2019
> Flies to castle in a Gundam
> Strolls into princess's bedroom
> Asks why the world is twisted
> Refuses to elaborate any further
> Doesn't wait for her to answer
> Leaves

Setsuna really does embody the spirit of Heero

Jan 6, 2:06 AM

Jul 2017
Setsuna asking marina a totally random question and then leaving without hearing her answer is the funniest thing i've seen recently.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

47 by Kaydansnk »»
Oct 21, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 6, 2007

90 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:10 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Likewise - Dec 9, 2007

69 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 2, 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.