Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 8, 2015 4:47 PM

Feb 2014
Even if it is generic, I liked the first episode. None of the girls are really that interesting, especially the shy one. The MC is okay I guess.

But I really like the designs and the art is better than I expected it to be.
Jul 8, 2015 5:10 PM

Jan 2013
The art quality blows. The first scene reminded me of kirito from SAO2.
Jul 8, 2015 5:10 PM

Jun 2013
That was better than i expected, though it was pretty generic 8/10
Jul 8, 2015 5:17 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The only girls that I liked was the blonde and then the girl that recommended the MC to teach the lose team

Other than that it was an okay start I guess.....So far I really liked the MC and the action bits
Jul 8, 2015 5:33 PM

Jun 2013
This was 5boring8me.

The scenes which were supposed to be funny were not funny at all. The characters are annoying especially narcissist girl. No wonder she sucks at everything. If you're so obsessed with your looks that you can't train because of the sweat then why even come to this place where training is part of your studies?

So this is all about the fight between flying mahou people and giant robotic bugs. The MC looks like Kirito (sao) not to mention the VA is the same guy too (who happens to voice a lot of other similarly op MCs). Can't they choose a different guy for a change?

The premise is okay, but I'm not sure I want to go any further here. The biggest down is the animation which does not look okay at all. The characters don't look appealing to me. This isn't looking like something for me. I'll pass.
Jul 8, 2015 5:41 PM

Aug 2014
I can keep watching clichee or harem or ecchi or whatever is tossed at me over and over, If it looks good and plays out somewhat good, Then i am watching. There are alot of good ones also from spring earlier and what comes later, Too bad so many get's left out with new seasons usually :(
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 8, 2015 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
So will they explain why he's a traitor soon or it will be like the big revelation of the whole story? Being wrongly accused when the MC did the right thing is the common thing around this kind of show. Well, I like and hate those kind of shows tho.

Still tho, I think I'll stick to it. I'm a sucker for those OP MC being discarded as outcast or something like that. It's like my guilty pleasure.
Jul 8, 2015 6:50 PM
Dec 2014
Better than I thought it would be honestly, though I did go into this with rock bottom expectations.
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Jul 8, 2015 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
cliché characters, cliché situations , overused seiyuu . mehh overall
Jul 8, 2015 7:06 PM

Apr 2009
I went in with VERY low expectations. And it managed to betray even these. The onslaught of bad CGs, the assault of cliches that you thought no one would use seriously these days, you just don't see it every day this side of Gonzo.

Should dub it "The traitor of the rock bottom", I guess. So bad I can't help but keep watching it.
NanacaJul 8, 2015 7:12 PM
Jul 8, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2014
I kinda liked this, the Male MC seems chill.
Jul 8, 2015 7:30 PM

Oct 2011
Kirito is a traitor/pervert and now must teach the F rank team.
Jul 8, 2015 7:43 PM

Jul 2009
*sigh* nothing new here. I like the MC but i can tell this pink haired whatsherface is gonna get on my nerves. Oh thats right Misora...ugh the epitome of what i hate in a female lead.
Jul 8, 2015 8:00 PM

Jan 2011
...I would not be surprised if I dropped this rather quick. Don't think I have it in me to suffer through these bs harem action cookie cutter animes anymore
Jul 8, 2015 8:04 PM
Jan 2013
Someone forgot to tune his violin before the recording.
Jul 8, 2015 8:59 PM

Jun 2013
I think the reason Kanata stop fighting and he is despised as the traitor because after the war in the opening fight, he was possessed by unkown demonic power and maybe he can't control it.
Just my idea! Because i see some images from anime and LN:

Jul 8, 2015 9:28 PM

Feb 2009
This has so many 'no's from me...crappy bug fighting scenes...generic MC, and annoying harem cookie-cutter girls. I really like the art but I dunno if I can put up with this crap....one more episode to decide.

Jul 8, 2015 9:32 PM

Apr 2014
Vooo said:
The art quality blows. The first scene reminded me of kirito from SAO2.
actually like it a bit more than ur typical moe type harem

not the best but its a refreshing thing it kinda reminds me of something ARMS studio would make
Jul 8, 2015 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
It's world break all over again just without the real bad animation after the winter line up i'm pretty exhausted from all the shitty LN Adaptations coming out this year and for some reason Matsuoka loves to be the MC of them.

don't have a lot to say about this didn't like any of the characters everything else was cliche as well 2015 and we still have the "bumping into girl with bread in her mouth" What!?.

did like the fact dude got a squall like gunblade and the ED was nice.
Jul 8, 2015 10:12 PM

Aug 2013
Great debut, I liked this first episode, the plot caught my attention and I liked the animation style, but many things still need to be explained, I hope that in the coming episodes many details to be clarified, especially about the protagonist's situation, well, characters' personality has already been shown, I look forward for the next episodes ..
Jul 8, 2015 10:12 PM

Dec 2010
I AM SO SICK OF HAREM SERIOUSLY.
whats really funny is how they try to make it look like a non harem but just seeing three girls to one boy gives it away.Will this madness ever stop.
oh i give up,time for some medicine Junjo Romantica 3 here i come
Jul 8, 2015 10:43 PM

Jan 2011
Changed my mind. Dropped.

Don't have the time this season to play these games of watching obvious crap for the sake of putting in the completed list. This will be mediocre to poor when it completed. It literally is the same shit as the previous couple shows that fill this mold the last two seasons.
Jul 8, 2015 11:03 PM

Sep 2013
Nope!
Jul 8, 2015 11:30 PM

Jul 2014
Okay, so why exactly is he considered a traitor? Is that to do with him staying behind to fight the Devil Beetles alone? Pretty retarded if that's the case.

Other than that, this episode had a good OP and ED but was mostly let down by very annoying and generic characters.
Jul 8, 2015 11:57 PM

Feb 2014
I had a very high expectation for this anime, but the animation is worse than I expected. Maybe worse than Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, which I tend to compare it with.

Iori Nomizu's singing is terrible as always.

EDIT: But I am not going to drop it. Read the first few chapters of the manga so far, and I am pretty satisfied the direction it is going.
tetrix1993Jul 9, 2015 12:24 AM
Jul 9, 2015 12:18 AM

Aug 2013
Kanata is another cool character so good with that. The girls have their own likable personalities so that's good. I'm sensing that Kanata and Yuri had thing for each other six months ago. Still wondering how and why Kanata was consider as a traitor? Another anime with a harem genre is always welcome in my book, so I'm definitely going to watch it and see how it goes. Pretty good episode for me.
Jul 9, 2015 12:19 AM

Mar 2009
Definitely getting some Muv-Luv or Chrome Shelled Regios vibes there.
Except Muv-Luv's cgi is way better and the first episodes were really intense and Chrome Shelled Regios' girls were quite likable compared to these harem candidates.

Dropped.
Jul 9, 2015 1:19 AM

Jan 2012
Jesus, this is so fkin stereotypical and boring. I stopped watching before the opening even started to prevent myself from throwing up cause it was so fkin generic and bad.

With some Whiskey i was able to finish the episode but srsly... This is as bad as it gets.
Bad CGI for CGIs Sake, shallowest Character design possible, Fanservice to keep apes entertained and a storyline out of a 12-year old boys wet dream...

dropped with 1/10
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Jul 9, 2015 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
That was really bad, typical Diomedea+Matsuoka harem show. Girls are annoying, especially that pink-haired one. I'm tired of this misunderstandings, calling MC pervert and so on. I'll probably watch it till the end, but I don't know... it's really awful.
Jul 9, 2015 1:55 AM

Jul 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
I kinda liked this, the Male MC seems chill.

Yeah, that's probably the only thing I like about this so far.

Obvious that the traitor business had to do with what happened in the very beginning of the episode.

Chloe (the design anyway) <3

Decent...might end up watching the whole thing anyway.
Jul 9, 2015 2:19 AM

Dec 2014
Well, the three main girls are generic as hell and pretty damn annoying thus far. The ridiculous and trite idea to label the MC as a pervert was also pretty damn annoying. But, the rest I liked. The MC seemed cool thus far as he was shown to be intelligent and competent, and never once had a moment where he freaked out. Curious as to why he's called the traitor, glad to see he still has a few friends though.
Jul 9, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2013
The very definition of terribad.
Of course it's based on a light novel. Any 30 IQ caveman could write one of these.
Jul 9, 2015 4:42 AM

Dec 2014
Bad starting episode. The story went to fast all MC get introduced in 1 episode. But the story look interesting, i hope this doesn't be an Harem anime
Jul 9, 2015 4:52 AM

Feb 2015
As soon as I saw characters floating around in the air fighting poorly animated CG bugs with swords and a forced high school setting I realised I shouldn't waste my time with this nonsense. Worse opening than Classroom Crisis.
Jul 9, 2015 5:13 AM

Oct 2014
Looks like another typical harem anime that like Infinite Stratos.. :I

read from right to left
Jul 9, 2015 6:59 AM

Apr 2010
I thought i watch this to cure my boredom but instead my boredom got worse while watching this.
The start wasn't entertaining and very melodramatic and after that we get a long introduction of a narcissist if that wasn't enough we get a lot of generic event's.
Not to mention that the strong main that's shunned for some reason has been done many times before.
I think i just come across the generic harem of the season here.
Jul 9, 2015 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
well they didn't waste time for the action and what a weird way to introduce the harem
Jul 9, 2015 7:19 AM

May 2014
Total harem, and on his first day too
CG bugs
Lucky pervert
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 9, 2015 7:22 AM

Apr 2008
I have low expectations on this but it was way worse than I had imagined.

I really feel that the presentation is way too forced (not counting those cliche events). The introduction of the girls was sloppy and lazy. They jampacked everything into one scene where the students of the loser's class is introduced one by one by the chairperson (was she?).

The red-haired girl should be bitch-slapped. It's not even the MC's fault. It seems she just tried to force her way in so that the MC could be called a pervert. If it was a panchira scene, then it would be more reasonable.

Also, I'm not a fan of a story where antagonists are insects/monsters/whatever who don't have a slight hint of emotion or self-consciousness. This just means the author doesn't have to write a character for the antagonist.

I must say it's too generic and sloppy that I can't even call it generic anymore.

Jul 9, 2015 7:29 AM

Jun 2015
went in blind and was hoping for something decent, esp after reading the summary, and checking out the VA lineup. Pretty bad for me, will give it another episode to see if any redemption can be done, but signs are I'm dropping it.

Jul 9, 2015 8:11 AM

Aug 2013
oh gawd. Those stupid pervert-misunderstandings-introductions again.

At least the male MC doesn't panic and do even more stupid things.
Cute is justice.
Jul 9, 2015 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
>People think this is harem

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but it isn't.

removed-userJul 9, 2015 9:25 AM
Jul 9, 2015 9:45 AM
Feb 2011
It was okay until those retarded misunderstandings came in.... Well I don't expect much from this anyway.

I kinda liked the personalities of Rico and Lecty, though Misora seems like the usual garbage tier girl.

I wonder what was exactly the reason for him to be called a traitor, because from what I've seen so far it seems like it will be due to some kind of misunderstandings or another stupid reason. Really hoping that's not the case.
Jul 9, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2015
Man this episode was okay. Kinda liked the fight in the first part. I do wonder why everyone hate's him..
Will keep watching..

I hope this isn't going to be a harem, I mean he pretty much said Yuri is the one right, hell she joined just for him so I bet he'll be aiming to win her back. Stick two one girl the others seem shittty already lol
Jul 9, 2015 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
Urgh, Matsuoka have to voice the main character, isn't he?

The bumping-into-a-girl-with-a-bread-in-her-mouth trope is still used in 2015 anime? I facepalmed hard.

At least the MC is based. He shows ZERO interest to the 3 girls up until now. Will continue watching if he keep this up.
Anyway, 3 episodes rule--activate!
Jul 9, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2010
That was bad. The art was average, animation was bad(especially the CG) and it was just so ridiculously generic. I expected it to be lame but I was still disappointed with how bad it was. I couldn't even finish the first episode.
Jul 9, 2015 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
Crashmatt said:
As soon as I saw characters floating around in the air fighting poorly animated CG bugs with swords and a forced high school setting I realised I shouldn't waste my time with this nonsense. Worse opening than Classroom Crisis.

Agree with all your opinion. The monster in JMnF (Diomedea's previous work) a lot better imho.
The unique thing is the art, for one, the color choosing like the red hair girl which is not red that I usually see, their uniform color, the background, overall the art is nice. My complain is the animation just not impressed me (a real poorly animated imo), maybe they cut the budget for KanColle second season? Lol
As for the last sentence, I think Classroom Crisis isn't that bad, its just.. you know, a Classroom in crisis, crisis because its class full of weirdos. I think we can release our stress by watching it.

antonnn said:
I couldn't even finish the first episode.

Same goes for me, around 15minutes or so, so I didn't even bother to enter this to my drop list.
RuzamakuJul 9, 2015 11:50 AM
Jul 9, 2015 12:14 PM

Mar 2009
Worst anime of the season so far. Congrats to everyone involved.
Jul 9, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
People keep comparing it to World Break, but at least WB did not assault us with terrible CG right from the opening scene.
Jul 9, 2015 12:44 PM
May 2015
I liked it, even if it's the same concept used a millions times, I'll watch it a million times. I don't drop Y anime cause it's the same concept as X. CG wasn't terrible (unlike Chaos Dragon).

Only reason I'd drop is if the chicks all suck (which that can't be determined only 1 episode in....).....I dropped World Break just because of Satsuki (sp?), pink haired chick) after all
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

135 by Lolicon »»
Aug 22, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2015

66 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2015

60 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2015

57 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

68 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.