Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]
Jun 20, 2015 10:21 PM

Oct 2014
FlamepriesT said:
ANN's latest episode review:
There's also a disappointing lack of variety in the noble phantasms they conjure. They have an infinite number of legendary weapons from throughout world history to choose from. This amounts to some greyed-out models of swords, spears, and axes in this battle. Yawn. This would be a good place for Easter eggs! Maybe have Gilgamesh launch Lancer's Gae Bolg, or Caster's Curse Breaker, etc., some stuff that's recognizably powerful and diverse. ufotable missed their chance to make FSN:UBW's conclusion a real spectacle.

Easter fucking eggs, I can't believe I read that. Wow... lol

So now, Caster's np is called "Curse" Breaker. A super powerful weapon that's capable of breaking a contract. Except, what contract is it going to break exactly? Fucking genius!
LOL can't stop laughing

Yes! That's why DEEN's version is better! Compared to that "disappointing" ufo version, DEEN gave us a Caliburn Easter Egg!
So creative!
So good!
DEEN > ufo !
Grey-ZoneJun 20, 2015 10:48 PM
Jun 20, 2015 10:55 PM

Sep 2014
I'd love to see the easter egg where Shirou projects an actual brain for this girl and we finally get to see her write a good review. She sorely needs it. :P
Jun 21, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2013
That's false; DEEN didn't use Caliburn.

It was Excalibur.
Jun 21, 2015 5:44 AM
Jun 2014
FlamepriesT said:
There's also a disappointing lack of variety in the noble phantasms they conjure. They have an infinite number of legendary weapons from throughout world history to choose from. This amounts to some greyed-out models of swords, spears, and axes in this battle. Yawn. This would be a good place for Easter eggs! Maybe have Gilgamesh launch Lancer's Gae Bolg, or Caster's Curse Breaker, etc., some stuff that's recognizably powerful and diverse. ufotable missed their chance to make FSN:UBW's conclusion a real spectacle.

So now, Caster's np is called "Curse" Breaker. A super powerful weapon that's capable of breaking a contract. Except, what contract is it going to break exactly? Fucking genius!
LOL can't stop laughing

I don't even know what to think anymore.
Jun 21, 2015 12:05 PM

Sep 2014
xcllnt said:
FlamepriesT said:

LOL can't stop laughing

I don't even know what to think anymore.

That mongrel is really dissing you and your beloved gate of babylon!
Jun 21, 2015 6:37 PM

Aug 2010
Botato said:
That's false; DEEN didn't use Caliburn.

It was Excalibur.

It was Caliburn, actually.
Jun 21, 2015 7:37 PM

Sep 2014
Make it Excaliburn and everyone's happy. :)
Jun 22, 2015 12:01 AM

Oct 2014
MISTKERL MISTKERL MISTKERL!
Jun 22, 2015 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
So what everyone here think about the change they made to Gil last episode?

I really like it. He has moments of arrogant, moments of hesitation and above all, he recognizes that Shirou is worthy. I think this is a better Gil than in the VN. That said, I always like Gil in FZ far more than in the VN. In the VN, he is just an arrogant dumdass.

I want to ask for some serious opinions, cuz in the episode thread, there are only 2 main things:
- yuetsu
- salt
Jun 22, 2015 5:48 PM

Oct 2014
ChickenFry said:
So what everyone here think about the change they made to Gil last episode?

I really like it. He has moments of arrogant, moments of hesitation and above all, he recognizes that Shirou is worthy. I think this is a better Gil than in the VN. That said, I always like Gil in FZ far more than in the VN. In the VN, he is just an arrogant dumdass.

I want to ask for some serious opinions, cuz in the episode thread, there are only 2 main things:
- yuetsu
- salt

Yea, all of THIS.

I just compared the voice acting between VN, DEEN and UFO:

DEEN was the worst, it seemed like they had hastily read off a script for them that they were handed on the spot. It felt... let's just say "it had no soul".

VN was well done, however it was the "other extreme" compared to DEEN, i.e. much too overexaggerated and Gil seemed to go full "oh noes my evulz planz have been prevented, KUUUUUUUUUUNKKAAAAAA! ONOREEEEEEEEEE! FU ALL! FU ALL! FU ALL! I am Tide Hunter F/Z Lancer now!"

UFO had it most balanced, IMO.
Grey-ZoneJun 22, 2015 5:51 PM
Jun 24, 2015 1:49 AM

Sep 2013

*crosses fingers*
please be good, please be good, please be good....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2015 5:00 AM

Aug 2010

LMAO. This is great.

The whole site is hilarious.
During my report on Waifu Divorce Rates, I offhandedly included an image calling Hisui an ‘Old and Busted Bitch’. This is where a few commenters graciously pointed out that I was picking on Hisui yet again.

So to all Hisui fans I’d like to apologise once more. I hope that this article will make up for it, so that we can get back to what Anime Maru is really for. Providing unbiased, uncensored, unresponsive articles. We may not be good, but we’re a hell of a lot better than ANN.

http://www.animemaru.com/an-open-apology/
Jun 27, 2015 11:28 AM

Sep 2014
Gotta say I wasn't expecting an epilogue like this. They really nailed it this time. For an epilogue - where everything tends to "go downhill" after the climax, since nothing beats the climax -, this blew the visual novel out of the water. Clap clap.
Jun 30, 2015 4:23 AM

May 2012
FlamepriesT said:
Gotta say I wasn't expecting an epilogue like this. They really nailed it this time. For an epilogue - where everything tends to "go downhill" after the climax, since nothing beats the climax -, this blew the visual novel out of the water. Clap clap.

Yup gotta say this was more than I was expecting
Jun 30, 2015 11:03 PM

Dec 2014
*Shrugs*
Bad ending to a bad anime. The trick is to never give a show more thought than its creators did; and Nasu obviously didn't care about the UBW route or was on some kind of medication while writing it.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Jul 1, 2015 5:48 PM
Jul 3, 2015 2:50 PM

Oct 2014
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1401574&show=0

I am a little to salty atm....
Why ufo why ;_;
ShrimperorJul 3, 2015 3:07 PM
Jul 3, 2015 3:40 PM
Jun 2014
Shrimperor said:

Why ufo why ;_;

I refuse to believe that until I see an official announcement in Japanese.
Jul 3, 2015 5:09 PM

Oct 2014
Shrimperor said:

Why ufo why ;_;

A business opportunity!

'Experts' say the apocalypse draws near! Buy these suvival kits from Grey-Zone industries now! You can believe my word. I was personally told so by the experts! There is no way my comment would contain falsehoods and there is no way I am trying to deceive you, right? RIGHT?
Jul 4, 2015 3:26 PM

Sep 2014
This whole thing sounds a bit weird. I don't think Ufotable will the footsteps of Deen's UBW. From what I've heard, they didn't confirm anything in the magazine.

Perhaps this was a mistranslation or a misunderstanding, I don't know. The fact of the matter is, they can't adapt HF properly in a single, short movie. A 3 hour movie isn't far-fetched in my opinion (been done before in anime and regular movies as well), but even if they focused mostly on the important moments, that probably wouldn't be ideal. So I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to release 2 3-hour long movies.
Jul 8, 2015 3:38 PM

Oct 2014
For those who follow(ed) Snow_Heron: He started his G-senjou no Maou blind LP!

And appearantly next week he'll start watching F/Z.
Jul 8, 2015 5:23 PM
Jun 2014
tbh I can't wait to see the reaction to F/Z of someone who read the VN first.
Jul 9, 2015 9:59 AM

Apr 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Shrimperor said:

Why ufo why ;_;

A business opportunity!

'Experts' say the apocalypse draws near! Buy these suvival kits from Grey-Zone industries now! You can believe my word. I was personally told so by the experts! There is no way my comment would contain falsehoods and there is no way I am trying to deceive you, right? RIGHT?

Your survival kits are but worthless toys, a pitiful affront to the divinity that is the Salt. But of course, observing the eternal struggle between the acolytes of the Salt and the heathens with the audacity to rebel does elevate such an eternity to be one that is less mundane.
Jul 9, 2015 11:34 AM

Oct 2014
ZeroDragon said:
Your survival kits are but worthless toys, a pitiful affront to the divinity that is the Salt. But of course, observing the eternal struggle between the acolytes of the Salt and the heathens with the audacity to rebel does elevate such an eternity to be one that is less mundane.

Ha! You relic of the past have no idea! In these times the powers of Kings, Queens and even the "governments" in whatever form they may be are being dictated by those who surpass them in wealth, but even more so who constantly accumulate great amounts of wealth.

Your treasure vault is without a doubt great, however that wealth is meaningless if it collects dust in a treasury... if you get too stuck up in your past glory you will someday be overtaken by the future! The best example is the faker. He didn't even overtake you, but because you were so stuck up in the past and refused to use your trump card, in the end you were bound to fail. You have already passed your prime and now you are, at most, being stagnant, if not even detoriating.
Jul 9, 2015 10:17 PM

Apr 2014
Grey-Zone said:
ZeroDragon said:

Ha! You relic of the past have no idea! In these times the powers of Kings, Queens and even the "governments" in whatever form they may be are being dictated by those who surpass them in wealth, but even more so who constantly accumulate great amounts of wealth.

Your treasure vault is without a doubt great, however that wealth is meaningless if it collects dust in a treasury... if you get too stuck up in your past glory you will someday be overtaken by the future! The best example is the faker. He didn't even overtake you, but because you were so stuck up in the past and refused to use your trump card, in the end you were bound to fail. You have already passed your prime and now you are, at most, being stagnant, if not even detoriating.

Perhaps you're correct in your assertion that I'm residing in stagnation. However, a treasury is still a treasury, and I am the wealthiest of all and therefore rule over all. If you claim that my treasures are worthless due to a lack of utilization, then we'll simply have to fix that now won't we? A mongrel such as yourself would be an excellent start for my treasures.

Jul 13, 2015 1:37 PM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
For those who follow(ed) Snow_Heron: He started his G-senjou no Maou blind LP!

And appearantly next week he'll start watching F/Z.

To be honest, I don't think there's much to see in a G-Senjou LP. The epilogue is top notch, but...

G-Sejou no Maou spoilers

I'd much rather see somebody's reaction to Ever17, Kara no Shoujo, or even Muv-Luv Alternative. E17 and KnS have so many awesome scenes to see in a LP. KnS for utter despair, and E17 to see people shit bricks and have their minds blown beyond anything they've ever seen before.
Jul 14, 2015 8:14 AM

Oct 2014
There are actually easy to find explanations for 2 out of 3 side-routes for why Maou disappeard:

Grey-ZoneJul 14, 2015 8:20 AM
Jul 14, 2015 9:50 PM

Jan 2015
Anyone else find the UBW ending awful?

what a mediocre rendition of the VN tbh.

the pacing was horrific.
Jul 14, 2015 10:25 PM

Sep 2013
Whatchu mean? The last 2 episodes were great!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2015 5:53 PM

May 2012
Grapekiwi said:

the pacing was horrific.

Aside from cutting down the Archer after credits scene (hopefully we get more in bds), I found the ending great.
Jul 19, 2015 9:40 PM

Jan 2015
KamiCity said:
Grapekiwi said:

the pacing was horrific.

Aside from cutting down the Archer after credits scene (hopefully we get more in bds), I found the ending great.

and the gil dying scream when he gets tko'd by archer - there isnt any, feels dulled in comparison - even the ubw deen movie did it better. - would've loved more ending dialogue between shirou / archer post-saving him, even a line or two.

I didnt feel shirou ever developed combat wise - he was always portrayed as clumsy, lucky, or underestimated. Never was he seen as a formidable foe and challenged 1v1 , and he had way too many edited GAR moments that just made shonen level explanation, like the many dodges he made vs. archer (Both of their fights).

Not to mention with how it was paced - archer vs. shirou was the highlight of the show, and all of those events - it all felt relatively short ending with gil, and the last ep made me want to slice my wrists.

Its not like heavens feel. maybe thats why Im so mad about it. and I dont think it has to do with the source or the adaptation.

I just really hate how archer is a savior in this arc. it really undermines the entirety of what shirou was going for imo, and spirals the rin relationship in a way I wasnt fond of either. I much prefer most of the characters choices and performances in heavens feel - It just feels more natural.
Jul 21, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2014
That's quite a bit of nitpicking. The epilogue was far better than in the visual novel. In fact, I thought it was surprisingly good.

Everything that happens after the climax of a story goes downhill. So I'd say the quality was commendable - the epilogue wasn't boring at all even though the climax was far gone since we had to wait a whole week to watch it. I was honestly expecting it to be boring. Fortunately, they hit the nail on the head this time with the anime original content.

If there's one thing they could have improved, I think it's the fact that episode 25 should have been aired together with episode 24, as a single episode.

Other than that, a lot of the things you're talking about don't apply to Shirou vs Gilgamesh, but to the whole series. I'd say everything that took place inside UBW looked fantastic in episode 24. They also managed to make that scene where Saber disappears at the end not as meh as in the visual novel imo, even though she still says they'll continue their conversation "later" (in her last conversation with Shirou) and in spite of that disappears before his fight with Gil is actually over.
FlamepriesTJul 21, 2015 5:35 PM
Jul 22, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2014
What I liked abut the final fight in EP24 was that Gil acted less "cartoony" than in the VN, escpacially in regards to voice acting.
Jul 24, 2015 3:32 AM

Jan 2015
Grey-Zone said:
What I liked abut the final fight in EP24 was that Gil acted less "cartoony" than in the VN, escpacially in regards to voice acting.

explain what that means, relatively vague.

the gil vs. shirou fight was pretty good - the archer vs. shirou fight was terrible imo.

the dialogue between them was good ,but the whole saber injection + superman shirou made it feel like he was destined to win cuz gar + plot holes + bccuz we need hero shirou to win
Jul 24, 2015 6:26 AM

Oct 2014
Grapekiwi said:
Grey-Zone said:

explain what that means, relatively vague.

It means that in the VN the way Gil spoke during the fight was like a child throwing a tantrum. Actually I'd even go as far as to claim that the way he spoke resembled Shinji, espcacially during the end of the "impossible--- am I being cornered by such a sham?" line.

In the anime he still had his arrogant voice and really gave the impression of an "angry tyrant".

That's to be expected though. If the VA got WORSE then it would mean that the VA and whoever gave them directions really failed to bring Gil's character across, as it happened in the rushed cashgrab DEEN movie.
Jul 24, 2015 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
Grapekiwi said:
the gil vs. shirou fight was pretty good - the archer vs. shirou fight was terrible imo.

the dialogue between them was good ,but the whole saber injection + superman shirou made it feel like he was destined to win cuz gar + plot holes + bccuz we need hero shirou to win

The highlight of Archer vs Shirou in the visual novel was never the fight per se. It's just swords clashing and both of them projecting swords over and over again.

The real fight between them in the visual novel is an ideological battle, which was portrayed very well in the anime. All the anger that Archer was feeling in that fight was plain to see in the anime.

If you didn't like Shirou's healing, well too bad. Most people thought that was awesome. In fact, most people would agree that was the best episode of the series or at the very least one of the best. Everyone doing live reactions could barely express in words how amazed they were at that episode.

And yes, Shirou only won because he never gave up. That's what made Archer crumble - he realized that he was just in a mad rage and that Shirou was far more determined than him. that's why he lost the fight.
Aug 17, 2015 11:10 AM

Feb 2014
Hey guys long time no talk. Fate/K has been going decent this season, can't wait for the goods to come in two episodes.

Anyways, looking back at the UBW adaptation, I honestly can't say it was that good. I mean, it just felt so flat. Remembering back to it now it just didn't seem anything that special and I can't recall myself being completely engaged in it.

Looking back at an adaptation after a few months of it being over does make a difference because you can tell if it laid a lasting impression on you, and UBW anime has not, at all.

Now we have to wait for a Heaven's Feel adaptation that will probably horrendous, which doesn't make it any better. I'm not sure if F/SN will ever be adapted correctly, it's a complete shame. Miura on the helm doesn't make it any better either because he just does not know how to properly convey the emotions of the characters that well and isn't willing to put in essentials of the story like monologues. It's obvious that he and his staff cared most about the action. I know you guys point at the episode directors, but Miura is the head of the operation, it was his direction, and episode directors just followed it while giving their own spin.

UBW anime felt just like KnK 6, not bad, but not good either. They both felt lifeless.

They should call in Urobuchi to do the script for Heaven's Feel because at least then it'll have a proper source and Urobuchi understands the Fate-verse even more so than Nasu himself at times. Read some of the interviews he's given about Fate, he knows what he's talking about.

I wish Miura was never brought to direct the anime, Ufotable could have done so better than him. All that money was put into an above average adaptation, it's a shame really.

F/SN is so awesome, but no one seems to be able to adapt it properly. I just hope one day, some director, some writer, some studio, will do it right.

*sigh* I guess for the foreseeable future, F/Z will stand as the best Fate adaptation there is.
Sep 1, 2015 11:51 AM

Oct 2014
^I have to completely disagree with that. Sure it was not the "best anime ever", not even the "best anime of the year". But it still had it merits. I espacially don't get what people say about "not conveying what the VN did". It did. It was by far too subtle about some details, but it DID convey what had to be conveyed.

What messed up the enjoyment by a lot though were the crunchyroll subs. The amount of critical mistakes like "are you saying she is a dog" in EP17 or "Steel is my body" in EP20 were far too frequent and really broke the immersion a lot. Sometimes the mistakes were corrected afterwards, however it usually was too late by then and the wrong subs were already spread throughout the internet.

Then there is also the thing about F/sn being very incompatible with a split cour airing. I bet a lot of people would evaluate the VN as worse than they do right now, if they read it weekly with a 3 month pause in-between instead.
Sep 16, 2015 1:31 AM

Mar 2015
*bump*
Gotta keep this club alive :V

My opinion on UBW: Not perfect, but close enough. I can understand why people are complaining, but surely some are taking it too far by calling it a travesty. I enjoyed this far more than Fate/Zero, and this is with the constant sodium doses after each episode. Anyway, I'm satisfied with what I have~
OneTrueEmiyaSep 16, 2015 1:39 AM
Dec 4, 2015 11:22 PM

Dec 2014
UBW should have been retconned to have the King of Heroes rein victorious.

We all know this to be true.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Dec 5, 2015 6:40 AM

Mar 2015
CaptainKirei said:
UBW should have been retconned to have the King of Heroes rein victorious.

We all know this to be true.

Agreed , that way I can be born into the world .
Mar 18, 2016 3:41 PM

Sep 2013
Let's hit 1000 posts!
>:D
Mar 19, 2016 9:24 AM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:
Let's hit 1000 posts!

君の願いはようやく叶う。
FlamepriesTMar 19, 2016 9:27 AM
Mar 27, 2016 11:58 AM

Feb 2014
So glad Heaven's Feel is going to be 3 movies and that Miura isn't directing. He's doing the storyboard supposedly, but that should be fine.

I wonder how the new director will do, but I'd rather take a bet on him than Miura.
Mar 27, 2016 5:02 PM

Sep 2013
FlamepriesT said:
Mickdrew said:
Let's hit 1000 posts!

君の願いはようやく叶う。

LoomyTheBrew said:
So glad Heaven's Feel is going to be 3 movies and that Miura isn't directing. He's doing the storyboard supposedly, but that should be fine.

I wonder how the new director will do, but I'd rather take a bet on him than Miura.

It is a good time to be a HF fan ^_^
Mar 27, 2016 10:47 PM

Sep 2014
3 movies sounds good. Less than 3 probably would be enough, but more than 3 would make the story and wait unnecesarily long. I hope there won't be too much downtime between the movies.

There isn't much of a difference between making a regular series and splitting that into 3 parts, which is basically the same as putting 3-6 episodes together to show it on the big screen. In fact, most of the KnK movies were relatively short in that they were just as long as the double-length UBW episodes, although the HF movies should be longer given how much content there is to cover.

Of course, movies aren't exactly the same as regular episodes, but once the first one comes out I don't see a reason for Ufotable to take more than 3-6 months to release the following movies. It's a single story, so even if the arcs don't feel incomplete per se, I feel you need to keep the momentum.
Mar 31, 2016 2:19 PM

Sep 2013
I'm just curious how they're gonna handle the prologue/first 3 days with Shirou.

It would be cool if they packaged the first two 50 minute episodes of UBW together and added new/altered scenes to Shirou's half for Heaven's Feel.

I'm probably just dreaming, tho.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]

More topics from this board

» Heaven's Feel Manga Discussion [HF Spoilers!]

LoomyTheBrew - May 11, 2015

22 by LoomyTheBrew »»
Dec 24, 2015 11:52 AM

» RP Game - Have your avatar speak to the avatar above you ( 1 2 )

TrueKireiPriest - Mar 31, 2015

93 by removed-user »»
Dec 6, 2015 10:57 AM

» Need advice on web purchase

Taimanin_Irelia - May 7, 2015

1 by Bobulated »»
May 7, 2015 9:31 AM

» Tu Aru Majutsu no Index General Discussion SPOILERS AHEAD

Bobulated - Apr 25, 2015

6 by Shrimperor »»
Apr 27, 2015 9:48 AM

» Fanfiction Thread!(Spoilahs)

mira-pyon - Apr 22, 2015

3 by Shrimperor »»
Apr 23, 2015 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.