Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 2015 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, these poses.

I think I got this Power Ranger like vibe from the episode. A pretty chill episode except for some of the last parts where we get to see art girl in action. For some reason though, I felt this episode was kinda rushed. Still kinda wish the action scenes' animation quality would improve a bit..
Apr 27, 2015 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
Stark700 said:

I think I got this Power Ranger like vibe from the episode. A pretty chill episode except for some of the last parts where we get to see art girl in action.  For some reason though, I felt this episode was kinda rushed . Still kinda wish the action scenes' animation quality would improve a bit..

It adapted three 40-50 page chapters so it's kind of a given. I actually really enjoyed it though. Think it might be my favorites so far even if the animation was so-so now and then. I'd gladly pay detailed animation for fluid movements since they can always improve it in the bluerays
Apr 27, 2015 4:49 PM

Apr 2015
I didn't expect Yuuto's plot to be explained here so quickly, but considering that I haven't read much of the light novels and it wasn't that bad, I don't really mind. Pity that his song Mukiryoku Coup D'état wasn't in here, at least to my terrible ears (I like the solo a lot). Decent episode.
Apr 28, 2015 8:54 AM

Jul 2010
The general problem of LN adaptation is being rushed, unfortunately. Still, love this series.
Apr 28, 2015 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
I want to love this series so much, being a fan of the original, but those battle sequences are atrocious... I rarely ever let artstyle bug me but this is just way too much: http://i.imgur.com/lvxg8l8.png
I'm still having fun just because I'm such a fan of the series, but man the quality really doesn't do it any justice.
Apr 28, 2015 2:41 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Houkago Six's introductions and their follow up acting were pretty funny, especially Konjac Noodles Eruna's fall. "Arigatou, houkago Makushita nita" *Gaku* XD

Yuuto's seems to have been through a bitter childhood. I guess his recent behavior towards Asuhi is a bit understandable now. Nice seeing how Seisa and Eruna's words cheered him up though.

The rookie battle was good, but animation quality continues to be mediocre. That Spirit Gun is quite a strong technique, although nowhere near as OP as Killing Art.

Decent episode. Noticed that the vocaloid songs for different character aren't being played in the show. Aren't they supposed to? o.O . Nice eyecatches though.

Apr 28, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2008
Don't like how easily Yuuto's 'problem' was resolved but whatever, I don't really care for him much in the first place.

Guess we know why it's called "Tension Max" now and how it works.

Wished Seisa was more of the teasing type of character, her interactions with Eruna would be so much more fun.
Apr 28, 2015 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
I really like that After-School Six's poses.

The battle between Eruna and Katai is decent.
Apr 28, 2015 3:29 PM

Jul 2014
Yuto's backstory is probably my favorite out of all the characters, so seeing his problem being fixed so easily kind of upsets me. I was simply hoping for a build up leading to Eruna finally confronting him. I mean, the way he confronted her was...upsetting I suppose. It was anti-climatic and left me wanting more. Hopefully there will be some extra scenes referring to Yuto's history later.
Apr 28, 2015 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
Sonnetica said:
Pity that his song Mukiryoku Coup D'état wasn't in here

I second this.

I didn't have any complains about this episode, even though I was pretty disappointed that they rushed a bit in Yuto's story. Can't wait for them to animate Asuhi's storyline though.
Apr 28, 2015 4:10 PM

Oct 2014
Yuuto's backstory was good. But the Problem resolves fast. I also felt that the Story rush a 'bit'. Now im betting that Asuhi is something 'Related' to Yuuto.

This scene through.. lol

Apr 28, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
Aside from being incredibly rushed, it was a decent episode. I am very annoyed at the animation quality during the battle, and even though Yuto's backstory was pretty good, it was resolved far to quick and in a very anti-climatic manner.
Apr 28, 2015 5:45 PM

Jun 2013
I would buy the blu-ray of this if the quality of the fight scenes were polished but I liked the episode nonetheless.
Apr 28, 2015 6:23 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
The After-School Six was a really fun and lively group. Too bad Eruna-chan could only stay in the group for a short while. lol After-School Konjac Noodles

What I like from the club battles are how intense they are. What I don't like from them are the horrible animation quality. :/ Nevertheless, I enjoyed this episode. :)
Apr 28, 2015 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
I love this show so much! :)
Apr 28, 2015 6:34 PM

Jan 2012
I'm wondering if all that focus on Yuto will ever pay off in the future, felt kinda random. Liked Eruna's first match at the end, way to go! Still waiting on the purple haired girl from the op and ed to show up though...
Apr 28, 2015 6:51 PM
Jun 2010
weak episode
Apr 28, 2015 7:44 PM

Nov 2014
Eruna was far less annoying in this episode; I greatly appreciated it. Good ep overall. F off with the animation complaints in every thread about every show, ugh.
Quality Queen.
Apr 28, 2015 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
Oh man the animation quality, it's usually not something I'd notice but it's too hard not to in this show.

Other than that, not a bad episode.
Apr 28, 2015 9:55 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The poses that those six did in this epsiode were great xD

Seeing Yuto's past as well as why he was acting so weird for the past 2 episodes made a lot of sense and I kinda felt bad for him, but thankfully he managed to overcome and I'm happy for him

The tournament aspect of this episode was really fun though and I really enjoyed the battle that Eruna had against the pink haired girl....My only complaint is that the art looked wonky at times but the animation was good enough at least

Can't wait to see the rest of the torunament...Also I kinda want to ship Yuto and the neko girl with the big boobs lol and the bear girl is kawaii as fuck also
Apr 28, 2015 10:29 PM

Nov 2012
yeah, yuto's backstory was resolved pretty quickly.. though it didn't bother me quite as much.
lol at that guy who always gets interrupted when he wants to say his real name.
the fights' animation itself is good, but sadly the frames look derpy as fuck.
Apr 29, 2015 1:55 AM

Dec 2012
Interesting story about Yuuto, too bad that we will not see more the drama club. Eruna is so funny, the call to Seisa was cute :).
Apr 29, 2015 4:49 AM

Apr 2010
Eruna is working hard for the tournament now i wonder how far she will get.
Since judging from the fight she just had i think it won't be easy, tho the next opponent might not be so strong.
Shamefully we will have to wait a week to see it.
So i am looking forward to next week.
Apr 29, 2015 5:09 AM

Jul 2014
Poor Buta-Kun, nobody will use his real name.

Lame development of Eruna's special power. I was hoping she was going to find out she has to charge her portable game console for it to work, that'd be funny. But nah just have to build "tension". Bleeeeeeh

Funny episode though.
Apr 29, 2015 7:09 AM

Jan 2013
I love Eruna's character xD

Apr 29, 2015 7:37 AM
Feb 2015
the art in the fight is kinda rushed, but i still think the fights are really epic! but so short...
Apr 29, 2015 8:16 AM

Dec 2014
This felt rushed and the movement of the characters in action wasn't very smooth. I doubt this has a decent budget but I still like the plot and colourful designs of the characters.
Apr 29, 2015 8:56 AM

Apr 2015
Eruna was still good but the problems are getting worse. The action scenes have no trace of getting better, the pace is continually rushed, and the...backing characters in the 'team' use oh so plastic and irritating language. Seisa is also being one excrutiatingly irritating prick up until now.

The first half is meh while the second half is good for the third time in a row, it's becoming a habit.
Apr 29, 2015 9:06 AM

Jul 2014
Nice attempt at character development, but it's really quite cliched. On top of that, I don't even know (or care) who the character is (or who anyone in this is other than Eruna, and that's only because she's the MC and is irritating as hell).

Still, credit for trying.
Apr 29, 2015 9:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The battles are ridiculous, not just the art.

The backstory was nice though, even if it was resolved pretty fast, it seems.
Apr 29, 2015 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
The action scenes looks like it was animated by different studio/staffs? Even the art looks kinda different..
Yuto's backstory resolve so quickly, took like half an episode?
lol Eruna moments. x)

Either way, rushed episode for sure. They didn't even explain how and when did Eruna mastered the Toy Gun at the end of the episode.
Apr 29, 2015 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
haha, the action is the second coming of Birdy Decode S2. it's kinda fun to see people dismiss it as QUALITY, even though it's obviously done on purpose.

protip: try to appreciate different animation styles and look at the movement itself not each of it's frames.
Apr 29, 2015 12:26 PM

Jul 2009
Seems like Yuto's story resolved itself SUPER quickly ... his brother and Asuhi (I think that's his name?) look so similar I actually thought they were related at first lol >_< Well, at least his close friends in the drama club are still hanging out with him even though they see through his "acting" ...
Really fun battle between Kasai and Eruna at the end. Seems like she can only use her power during real battles eh? :P I guess maybe she needs to be "in the zone" for it to work properly XD I also wonder how each person's crystal shapes are decided? Since everybody's is different ... not to mention they're fighting in a huge desert? O_O Are these just simulated arenas or what lol XD
Guess we'll see more of the rookie battle next episode. Hmm, who else will Eruna have to face on her quest to win the tournament and start her own club ...? :O
Apr 29, 2015 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
Yuto's story was resolved really quickly, it was rushed.
Anyway, the episode was overall good, but the battle animation is... so... anti-climatic... I can't enjoy the battles, I have to make an effort to not look away during these times :(
Well, overall I give it a 4/5. :P
"People die if they are killed" -Emiya Shirou

Apr 29, 2015 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
This series is bad but not enough bad to drop it I guess.

I mean, I know they won't surprise us with some great plot and they keep using slapstick scenes more than needed but there is always something that keeps me wonder what they'll get into next time.

But I didn't buy that onii-chan nonsense this time, I know they wanted to put in some deep emotions but it was very awkward. They tried to be serious but they failed badly. So, for me, the first part of the ep was really really bad but the second one with fight was kinda cool. I also liked those scenes with Seisa though I'm not looking forward to her angst scenes, those will sure be very cringeworthy.

I really don't know if this series has any potential to get better.
Apr 29, 2015 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Now I'm a huge fan of the song series. As a Reviewer, I only have two problems with the show. Yuto's past felt like it was rushed, in a sense a little anti-climatic. Second would be its animation only on the action sequences. It's not that bad, but its disturbing.

Overall it felt like other shows I've seen so it doesn't bug me.

Also, Yuto is kind of Similar to Kano, if I can be corrected.

In the end a good episode. 4/5 for me.
Apr 29, 2015 5:46 PM

Dec 2008
Seisa's maid is starting to piss me off ;__; Stop getting in the way of EruSa you big bully!!

Not a ton happened but fun episode none the less. Can't wait for the next one.
Eruna, you're the best!
Apr 29, 2015 8:08 PM

Mar 2009
sarroush said:
Seisa's maid is starting to piss me off ;__; Stop getting in the way of EruSa you big bully!!

Agreed. She's a pain.

I'm still watching this for Eruna. Also, while the animation can be seen as rough or odd, it actually looks very good during the action sequences: http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/15337/
http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/15335/animated-artist_unknown-fabric-fighting-mikagura_g
Apr 30, 2015 1:16 AM

Jul 2014
sarroush said:
Seisa's maid is starting to piss me off ;__;

Come on, she's hilarious. She reminds me of Ana from OniAi, and she was literally holding up that entire show on her own.

Deadpan characters are the best characters.
Apr 30, 2015 2:44 AM

May 2010
Can't believe they skipped Lethargic Coup d'etat. I mean, come on...

"Tension max ikke!" I like the concept, using the max tension as her powers is cool. She can resolve any kind of conflict, the more complex the problem is, the more effectively her power acts.

The unzipping scene was hilarious. I am not of the maid-teacher, too violent.

Lol the Kuma girl is interesting. Liked how Eruna said it was embarrassing how she finished her sentences.

Gotta love Eruna's way of solving problems. She solves problems just be existing and doesn't even have to get involved in others' personal members. That's awesome. A bit rushed adaptation tho, I wanted a more solid resolution, something extra.

Wow Katai's power is pretty cool. Definitely not as cute as one would think from the name. Gotta love dat "here it comes!"

Kay_Lite said:
The action scenes looks like it was animated by different studio/staffs? Even the art looks kinda different..

I noticed it, too. Suddenly the hectic life of Aoi from Shirobako started to spin around my eyes. You know her asking around for studios. That anime was really revolutionary.
Apr 30, 2015 6:58 AM

Dec 2008
Red_Tuesday said:
sarroush said:
Seisa's maid is starting to piss me off ;__;

Come on, she's hilarious. She reminds me of Ana from OniAi, and she was literally holding up that entire show on her own.

Deadpan characters are the best characters.

She is, but I'm too busy indulging in all the Eruna x Seisa moments she keeps interrupting >:|
Apr 30, 2015 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
aerithclode said:

Laughed hard at this. Eruna's my heroine haha. I'm just here for Eruna's yuri delusions and exploits and so far it's working for me.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 30, 2015 10:42 AM

Jun 2013
already we have drama with Yuto past
Apr 30, 2015 4:19 PM

Oct 2011
She got her Tension Max to work.

Club next week?
Apr 30, 2015 4:53 PM

Nov 2011
Animation still the best part of the show.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 30, 2015 6:00 PM

Sep 2014
This show's actually pretty good. I still don't really like the protagonist, though. She's a freak.
Apr 30, 2015 9:24 PM

Aug 2014
Neat fight. Not much else of note.
Apr 30, 2015 10:04 PM

Nov 2014
Fun episode.

4/5
May 2, 2015 8:16 AM

Oct 2013
The quality of action scenes is bad but this is still watchable.
May 3, 2015 1:34 PM
Jan 2015
Ahhh I wish they kept the scene in the manga with Yuuto crying and the Houkago Six hugging him that was super sweet ;w; Also pls show Tonkyun's face in the anime he's ikemen af I wanted to see it animated ;A;

I really love the manga+songs but the battle annoyed me? like the one-hit-KO with Katai having the same facial expression as Himi in their battle feels a little repetitive, idk maybe I've rewatched it too much but ehh I can't wait for the Rookie Battle to be animated~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Bimii , ryui=yuri

Foreall908 - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Foreall908 »»
Nov 27, 2022 1:56 AM

» Is this yuri or just baity?

Say-My-Name - Nov 26, 2022

5 by iLatrell_ »»
Nov 26, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2015

101 by Serafos »»
Apr 12, 2022 8:53 AM

Poll: » Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2015

41 by Serafos »»
Apr 12, 2022 8:07 AM

Poll: » Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2015

33 by Serafos »»
Apr 12, 2022 7:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.