Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Memoirs of Amorous Gentlemen (English Edition)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2015 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Does this explain the complex beings which are known as girls?

The answer is yes.
Apr 23, 2015 6:32 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
What a weird mix of SOL and Sci-Fi/Mecha! The song was pretty pleasant though.

Apr 23, 2015 7:11 PM

Jun 2011
I really liked this one!
Apr 24, 2015 12:03 AM
Feb 2013
I loved all the cute little guys. And the music and animation was great together. I'd totally get a figure of that little squirrel... and probably a figure of all the other characters.
Apr 24, 2015 7:28 AM

Apr 2013
The character design is AWESOME!
Apr 24, 2015 8:18 AM

Jun 2010
So is the rest of her family also girl-tanks?
Apr 24, 2015 11:59 AM

Sep 2007
Baffling episode but excellent music

Apr 24, 2015 5:34 PM

Jan 2009
i did not understand anything but ye i agree the character designs are great in this, simplicity is the best
Apr 25, 2015 12:39 AM

Jan 2015
WTF did I just watch? I couldn't comprehend wut is happening
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 25, 2015 5:35 PM

Feb 2013
So... girls are controlled by space-squirrels?

I don't really know what happened, but I liked it. Nice song.
Apr 26, 2015 7:18 AM

Aug 2014
Don't know what i just watched but the music was nice.
Apr 26, 2015 9:51 AM

Jul 2013
It's just a love triangle.

Yellow Girl and Black Girl were friends (1 picture with the 2 girls and 1 picture with the 2 girls and the boy, so I assume that the girls were already friends before they met the guy) who started liking the same guy. Black Girl decided to after the guy (commandeered the pan galactic rare crystal Ikemeshium carrier) and they got into a fight because of that. Maybe because they agreed to not go after him (she trusted the allies/they violated the treaty)

Eventually, after spacing out for a while, she decides to confront the other 2. She gets into a verbal fight (turrets from mouth) again with Black Girl, but she can’t say anything (her turret doesn’t work). Eventually the words of Black Girl kill the black squirrel. Black squirrel also got injured in their first fight, so I assume that the black squirrel is supposed to be some feelings Yellow Girl has for Black Girl. Now that she doesn't see Black Girl as a friend anymore (black squirrel is dead) her turrets starts working again and she can tell her to fck off (or something similar).

After that she could’ve either kissed the guy and the grenade was supposed to be her love confession (that really blew his mind) or she could’ve also just told the guy to fck off too.

Don’t know about the stuff after the credits. Funeral for the black squirrel? Burning Memories? Also FLCL Easter egg (Medical Mechanica building in the background)

Anyway that’s how I see it at least. Liked this one a lot more than those of the last few weeks (mostly because of the catchy song though).
Apr 26, 2015 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
I spotted a Full Metal Jacket reference among the movie posters at 3:50. The other two aren't shown clearly enough
Apr 26, 2015 11:41 PM

Jul 2013
Dopu said:

Yellow Girl and Black Girl were friends (1 picture with the 2 girls and 1 picture with the 2 girls and the boy, so I assume that the girls were already friends before they met the guy) who started liking the same guy. Black Girl decided to after the guy (commandeered the pan galactic rare crystal Ikemeshium carrier) and they got into a fight because of that. Maybe because they agreed to not go after him (she trusted the allies/they violated the treaty)

Eventually, after spacing out for a while, she decides to confront the other 2. She gets into a verbal fight (turrets from mouth) again with Black Girl, but she can’t say anything (her turret doesn’t work). Eventually the words of Black Girl kill the black squirrel. Black squirrel also got injured in their first fight, so I assume that the black squirrel is supposed to be some feelings Yellow Girl has for Black Girl. Now that she doesn't see Black Girl as a friend anymore (black squirrel is dead) her turrets starts working again and she can tell her to fck off (or something similar).

After that she could’ve either kissed the guy and the grenade was supposed to be her love confession (that really blew his mind) or she could’ve also just told the guy to fck off too.

Don’t know about the stuff after the credits. Funeral for the black squirrel? Burning Memories? Also FLCL Easter egg (Medical Mechanica building in the background)

Anyway that’s how I see it at least. Liked this one a lot more than those of the last few weeks (mostly because of the catchy song though).

Had a thought it'd be something like this too. Didn't notice about the black squirrel representing their friendship though.

I like this one and the song is pretty nice too. :>

May 1, 2015 12:39 AM
Jul 2018
....what?....no really, what? Loved the music though. But I guess this confirms my worst fears: all anime characters are really robots being controlled by gerbil-like creatures.
May 8, 2015 8:44 AM

May 2014
That was fantastic! Such a great way to represent human relationships!
May 14, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2013
How dumb O_O
May 15, 2015 7:05 AM

Apr 2012
Perfection.

Take design with dirty/moe sci-fi war involving cute critters, series fucking where?
Jun 7, 2015 6:17 PM

Oct 2009
Dopu said:

Now that you've explained it, it makes PERFECT sense
Oct 18, 2015 11:08 AM

May 2012
This sure had an interesting concept, quite liked the art as well!
Nov 7, 2015 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
Wasnt ready for the face just popping out at the start.
Cool character design and animation though.
Nov 19, 2015 7:29 PM
Nov 2013
I didn't care for this one. It was like a bad music video, or pieces of a rejected show.
Dec 13, 2015 7:37 PM

Feb 2012
[quote=EasyGo-er]
Dopu said:

OMG you are right!, I didnt notice it the first time, that is awesome.
Loved this little piece of animation. Tsurumaki is genius.
Dec 26, 2015 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
The art style and music were great, so shiny
Jan 29, 2016 3:50 AM

Jan 2011
Well that was some pretty cut and dry symbolism. What does the title mean though?
Feb 15, 2016 9:19 PM

Jan 2013
I would watch a 24 part series about the hamster people and their conflicts.
Mar 30, 2016 9:33 AM

Oct 2012
It blows my mind just trying to think about all possible meanings this short can have.

It's clearly a metaphor of girls' thinking and feelings when relationships are concerned but for me it would be a lot more interesting if those aliens were running around in her body and interacting with ordinary people, resisting to return back to their mission because they grow to like the Earth.

Still, animation and music-wise it was just great.

btw - Hajime Ueda who did this is Shaft animator and it shows.
Mich666Mar 30, 2016 9:37 AM
Apr 27, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2014
Just like I thought! "Moe" characters are actually lifeless robots powered by chipmunks.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 7, 2016 5:24 AM

Feb 2013
I liked seeing their panties, nothing more.
Jul 31, 2016 12:59 AM

Jan 2010
I would watch a series on this, though I have no idea how it could work. Colorful, energetic, amazingly cute with a violence characterized by explosions of rainbows and jellybeans. It reminds me of a non-threatening Parasyte. Kazuya Tsurumaki directed FLCL and Diebuster, so I can see how that energy carried over.
Dec 25, 2016 5:19 AM

May 2016
Another lovely piece of Trigger's signature artstyle and Gainax animation (mechas again lol). I noticed that White Fox's in the credits, which is surprising yet not really surprising at the same time :3

Squirrel aliens commandeering a cute robot klutz agreed to share the rare material Ikemejellybeanshium with Rabbit aliens commandeering a goth Stockingesque robot. The rabbits broke the treaty and used the material for their personal gain. They got into a fight with casualties and the squirrels destroyed the material carrier (which is a slightly gothic bishonen) instead of letting other potential competitors exploit it again.

Symbolistically, the girls were ex-friends who promised to each other to adore a boy from afar until one of them broke it by hooking up with him. Feeling betrayed and heartbroken, the main girl lost the ability to work properly (spacing out & getting clumsy) because she's trying to assess a situation she barely understands. Then the traitor started to taunt and verbally abuse the girl, (I guess you can say that she spits hot fire) while the girl can't retaliate because she still thinks of her as a friend. The traitor hurt the girl deep enough to kill the last good thought the mc had for her and she just cuts her off. She confronted the boy and denied him face-to-face (if I can't have ya, no one should *^* ). After getting over her doomed love, she mourns the loss of her friend (not literally) because they had good times together in the past.

I like it that these shorts always (well, most of them) have a deeper meaning that leaves itself for the viewers to find out despite looking ridiculous and incomprehensive at first view. I also liked the short panty-shots ;3

Feb 5, 2017 1:10 AM
Aug 2013
Inside Out the Animation lol. But seriously though, amazing short. Symbolism wasn't very subtle, but I don't think that was the point. Art was great, music was catchy, and story was cute and simple.
Mar 1, 2017 11:20 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
And this mecha, saves the world finally? xD
Here the question is, this is a girl and their thoughts or rabbits saves the world with a great mechas? I prefer the second, because if was the first, i can think that young people loses a screw!!!
Nice draw, nice music, but the plot need more consistency and development ;)

G:6 - B:7 - U:6
Aug 27, 2017 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
Dial up.
WTF! Her face.
lol at Sensei's chalk throwing skills.
Dat panstu.
Dat explosion.
Dat save.

Nice song.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 21, 2018 5:13 PM

Nov 2013
Brilliant!!

The ideas, the designs, the music, the color palette, all exceptional! I love Take’s works! They gotta turn this into a series/OVA/movie like that Dragon Dentist!
Apr 30, 2019 2:33 AM

Sep 2013
Cute...Totally weird, but enjoyable.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 10, 4:32 PM

Dec 2022
wow now that was amazing with great music, always did suspect humanity is being controlled by a universal conspiracy of small aliens

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Oct 1, 2015

51 by AoButa16 »»
Oct 11, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 13 Discussion

StevenHu - Mar 12, 2015

30 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Mar 2, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 35 Discussion

Iconoclast - Oct 8, 2015

32 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 17, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 33 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 24, 2015

23 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 17, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Nihon Animator Mihonichi Episode 32 Discussion

Intereo - Sep 17, 2015

35 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 16, 7:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.