Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute episode. It takes place at the beach so...swimsuits ;)

The girls looks like they're having a lot of fun. Actually, first half of the episode was fun to watch that strides a bit from the usual racing. Delicious food, smiles, and friends just hanging out..

But second half took the episode to a more solemn tone. I do like how they introduced some new characters. Also got an ominous feeling with all this development. Poor Chiaya. It's always about the damn heartstones..

Stark700Mar 7, 2015 10:37 AM
Mar 7, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2010
Nozomi and Ai getting into a fight.

All the mentioning of the missing member, it would be fun to see the whole gang together again.

Another pretty interesting place though I didn't expect that this group is taking all the stones. Chiaya being an alien and perhaps the whole is is so she can get home. :/

The book Chiaya read, maybe the author is her mother, it would make quite the coincidence!

With everyone separated at the end, honestly, Rolling☆Girls feels like it can go on a lot longer if it wanted to.
Mar 7, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2012
So this was a big week for The Rolling Girls. We've received many hints along the way but this week, at last, we get a general idea of the focal point of the series. It's a fairly darker episode, even for this series where the first half of each arc tends to end on a dark or at least somber cliffhanger. The difference this week being in how the main girls are given the focus. We're introduced to a bunch of new characters in Hiroshima too, but so far they've taken a back seat...at least until near the end of the episode. The fallout between Nozomi and Ai is upsetting, but Chiaya learning of her alien origins came across as more emotionally devestating to me. The poor girl simply wanted to see the world with friends, but now reality has come crashing down. Several questions come to mind: Is her mother really her mother?(As in an alien too) How did she/they get here? Why the full moon? Why once every 415 years? To say nothing of questions regarding the future like will Chiaya actually be forced to leave or will another way be found. And how will characters like Yukari, Kuniko, and Masami factor into this. Add in the struggle over the yakuza rights to rule Hiroshima, the theft of the gathered power stones, and Ai's mysterious savior and you get a fairly dense episode, with a lot going on. It's looking like this is most likely gonna be the final arc, and the set-up is certainly leaving me eager to see how everything turns out.
animefan8800Mar 7, 2015 10:59 AM
Mar 7, 2015 11:24 AM

Jun 2011
ALIENS
Mar 7, 2015 11:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The plot thickens! Pretty good episode

Chiaya (And I'm guessing her mom too) is an alien.....Who would have guessed this interesting turn of events lol

The group is slowly falling apart since their journey is almost over and it makes me sad TwT I feel bad for Maccha Green's rival too. These stones really meant a lot to all the bests

The ending kinda confused me at one point tho. Was that a space ship that the fat dude found? Does this mean that the pirates are aliens as well or just knows about the president? Why exactly does the president want the stone, like how is it related to them and going home???

So many questions >.<
Mar 7, 2015 11:51 AM

Feb 2012
Oh great, another "comedy" anime that gets "serious" for its final climax. This shift might have been acceptable if it wasn't for the fact that I can't take any of these characters facing danger seriously because they haven't once demonstrated any ability to be taken seriously. Not to mention, some of the logic with this new direction is even more nonsensical than the journey.

Like why is Chihaya being an alien an important plot twist? There has been no mention of aliens throughout the show. It hasn't once been said that being an alien is a bad thing, especially given the other unreal nutters that have been showing up in this world. She hasn't even been all that important as a character alone.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Mar 7, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
Aliens? Seriously? :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 7, 2015 12:05 PM

Aug 2014
She's a whaaaaa???
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Mar 7, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
Well, I was waiting for this to finally explain what it is trying to do, but all I feel now is extreme disappointment. I mean, seriously? Chiaya's an alien? That's just stupid, even by this show's standards. And this show is stupid for trying to set up character drama with a fight when the characters are so poorly developed. Even now I can't see what they got in a fight over. It was just stupid and pointless, serving only to help get them all separate for whatever's coming next.

Whatever, I've come this far with this show so I may as well tough it out until the end, even if it does continue to be this stupid.
Mar 7, 2015 12:28 PM

Apr 2010
I spotted a bottle of Captain Morgan.
The one who was drinking it had taste, tho she was to afraid to leave the hospital which is a shame for her.
Well hopefully things will be alright.

Things seem to be heating up in the anime.
I wonder what everyone is planning since things seem hectic.
Mar 7, 2015 12:45 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The dispute between Nozomi and Ai was kinda stupid. It was Nozomi who started it, but Ai also took it further than she should have. I do foresee them making up soon though.

Chiaya's secret objective for not wanting to gather the stones makes sense since doing so would mean the end of the journey, which she's opposed to.
Though, I can't really fathom the idea of her being an alien. I thought it was a trick Momiyama was using to have her return home, but he seemed so serious.

Ishizukuri Stones gang just stole all the stones from the presidents office. Unless the Rolling Girls can become Bests like Maccha Green, this case is futile.

Decent episode. Quite a lot of events are going on at once. Hopefully they won't make a mess out of this final arc and end with everything answered.

Mar 7, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2011
kkkkkkkkkkkk that plot twist. adding more whack than this anime already has
Mar 7, 2015 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Another nice episode.
Chihaya being an alien. And since that is not enough,an octopus alien.

Ai is the best girl,by the way.
Mar 7, 2015 1:57 PM

Feb 2011
Tokoya said:
Chiaya (And I'm guessing her mom too) is an alien.....Who would have guessed this interesting turn of events lol

that should have been just a metaphor, to say that she can't mix with others and should return at her home...

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Mar 7, 2015 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
Well, what do you know?

How the book says "Stand By You" is reminding me of "Doraemon".

Mar 7, 2015 2:41 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode. Chiaya is an alien and has to return to her home planet. Seems like that´s the reason why her mother needs all these stones.

The show is going to be more serious now. I wonder what will happen next week?
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Mar 7, 2015 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
Well now THAT was interesting. We fonally get an overarching plot for this whole series.
And I dont care if its stupid! I love it! Just let go an enjoy the nonsense!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 7, 2015 4:17 PM

Jun 2010
Wow seems they took the whole, where's the plot? thing serious.
so this chick is a squid alien (tentacles anyone ?) then the girls have a sudden fight without any real reason. and some BS about 415 years.

this weeks episode was weak compared to all the other ones. guess they're saving dough to blow our minds during the last two episodes.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 7, 2015 4:45 PM

Dec 2014
The interactions between the girls are weird in this episode and I don't know if it's intentional given what we've seen. After they discovered that Chiaya turns into ikamusume they don't say anything even Ai who I thought is rather outspoken (sorry if I get it wrong, the show never properly introduce them) acts like nothing happened, the small talk between her and Yukina and the fight between Ai and Nozomi just reinfoce the idea that they are just minding their business along. Is it their way to imply that Chiaya doesn't belong to the group and that's why she is an alien and her plot seems to be more developed than everyone if that's how the show is building up it's climax and probably end with the message of friendship is awesome? But that also backfire because it made other girls look cruel especially when Aoi and Nozomi just get into a fight for no reason probably another result of their fragile companionship and Yukina hasn't done anything other than getting lost. There is no chemistry between them because there were hardly any chance for them to bond or get to know more about each other except their first stop which is also the Chiaya's plot thread got introduced and that's it. Every other city they stayed afterwards they are just being the spectators rarely contribute to resolve the situation or show signs of any lasting emotional impact on them like what you expected from a road-trip kind of anime. Just like a bad show I thought that is happened over the course of the anime and off-screen and you are supposed to take that for granted. Not sure it's the show's acknowledgment of the immaturity of their relationship or just for the sake of having a climax. Either way sure interesting watching a show stepping into it's own trap if it ends the same way.
Mar 7, 2015 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Nozomi and Ai got into a fight.

Chiaya is an alien.
Mar 7, 2015 6:00 PM

Apr 2013
Whoa, some actual progress in the narrative and even some characterization of the main cast. Too bad it took nine fucking episodes.
Mar 7, 2015 6:15 PM

May 2014
anyone notice that they skip 1 story?becuase @ ed song b4 the pirate girl scene theres a girl with pink hair a swordsman and another girl with a uniform
Mar 7, 2015 7:41 PM

Jun 2013
Gellal23 said:
anyone notice that they skip 1 story?becuase @ ed song b4 the pirate girl scene theres a girl with pink hair a swordsman and another girl with a uniform

Hmmmmm interesting. I didn't notice that before. Wonder what that's all about?

Mar 7, 2015 8:39 PM

Aug 2013
So...Chiaya is a hentai monster. Ok.

I'm assuming the mother is gathering the stones because they react in a certain way on a full moon that can get her back to her planet. Every best that uses one can fly like a fucking fighter jet, so it wouldn't be surprising that a massive shit ton of stones could send you flying to another planet.

But 1: why does she HAVE to go back to her home planet? Is she dying on earth? and 2: If she's an alien, why does her human form look exactly like a biological daughter to the president?

Cant believe this show is actually starting to have fucking plot now. It's about damn time. The last 2 episodes finally started getting good.

It's funny though, the synopsis of the show literally have nothing to do whatsoever with the actual plot of the show. What actually happens in the show = boring as hell. What the plot is doing = mildly intriguing

Lol beach episodes are pointless without any "plot".
Mar 8, 2015 3:41 AM
Apr 2014
haha wtf how does Yukina end up at the sea when she just wanted to make copies xD

At least we now know why Chiaya's mother(?) is collecting the stones. At least it looks like sending Chiaya back would be the reason for it.

Interesting turn of events. All of a sudden Nozomi is alone like back when it all started.
Mar 8, 2015 4:06 AM

Nov 2012
so.. chiaya is an alien? wtffff
and i guess her mother is collecting those stones to send her back to her home planet. just when i thought this show couldn't get more absurd.
Mar 8, 2015 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
Chiyaya is an alien? WHAT?!
Haha that's a funny plot twist. Maybe her real form is the one when they were sleeping in the tent lol

Mar 8, 2015 8:33 AM

Jun 2012
Jonesy974 said:
2: If she's an alien, why does her human form look exactly like a biological daughter to the president?

Maybe she's an alien too?
Mar 8, 2015 11:07 PM

May 2014
Oh Chiaya, always cute.

Very rare to see an anime where the female characters are in swimsuits but there's no emphasis on their body like a close-up on a pair of oppai. Instead, it was them having fun, nice.

I felt sorry for Chiaya because she wanted friends and seeing two of her friends fight is sad. :(
Mar 9, 2015 7:02 PM

Oct 2011
Chiya an Alien : 0

Ma-chan to the rescue
Mar 9, 2015 11:49 PM

Jul 2013
Jonesy974 said:

But 1: why does she HAVE to go back to her home planet? Is she dying on earth? and 2: If she's an alien, why does her human form look exactly like a biological daughter to the president?

Because otherwise Earth would be destroyed by Chihaya's race.. you know, Men in Black II
Mar 10, 2015 12:07 AM

May 2013
Got into a fight. I wasn't expecting something like that.

So that's why she's been turning into an octopus-like head every middle of the night. What a cute Alien. :)
Mar 10, 2015 3:22 AM

Aug 2011
Trippwire01 said:
Gellal23 said:

Hmmmmm interesting. I didn't notice that before. Wonder what that's all about?

It's most likely the Mt. Fuji story they briefly went over manga-style during episode 4 credits. Too bad, it looked like it would have been fun to watch.

So we finally see Masami and Shigyo after seven weeks; I'm seeing a huge brawl between the Pirates and those two if they get their stones back. Although I'm really hoping to see Nozomi get a stone, and take Masami's place as Tokorozawa's Best.

Looking forward to next episode.

Mar 10, 2015 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
Oh damn, so Chiaya really is an alien squid?! I thought it was just a goofy joke the squid thing :O
Pls Chiaya, don't go in your UFO... D':
You're too cute, you can't leave us alone!

So all the girls have gone their separate way, for the moment. Yukippe is lost as always, Ai is being pursued by an ostrich, Chiaya accepted her life as an octopus and jumped in the water, Nozomi is doing... something? Come on girls, moe girls shouldn't fight!

Momiyama is such a bro. He's been olderzoned by Chiaya, yet care deeply about her, desite his mission being to send her back on her planet. At the end, there also seemed to be another spaceship made by that other clan, hence the night invasion. This mean climax is in one or two episodes.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 11, 2015 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
Chiaya so cute. So much is goin on right now, I can't wait for next week's episode.
Mar 15, 2015 4:14 AM

Oct 2013
I have really liked the anime so far despite the very little plot line but OH MY GOD!!! Sh*t is getting real. This episode had a completely different feel compared to the others from the go.
Chiya is an alien! I honestly thought it was something cute but in there to make the anime more funny but no she is an actual alien. I wasn't surprised when it was revealed and it is clear that the stones are from space as well. If you put two and two together, you get a plot forming. It is a shame it took up to episode 9 for this to happen but it isn't going to stop me from liking the series.
Mar 21, 2015 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
"You're an alien. You must return to your home planet."

Mar 28, 2015 7:01 AM
Jun 2013
This is the only anime that I am sometimes confused about, but still really enjoy lol
Mar 31, 2015 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
Something happened during the storytelling, managing to become interesting to do this episode.
Yay finally!
On average, drawings and animations, plot that gives us something to discuss, I felt the need. Funny scene where Chiya thinks he was unmasked by the girls, LOL!
Apr 1, 2015 6:53 AM

Jul 2012
Amazing swimsuits/10
Apr 10, 2015 7:09 AM

Dec 2012
Cthune released.
The time between the two episodes (8 - 9) has broken the rhythm. I hope the last episodes will come together.
Chiaya is an alien ???
Apr 10, 2015 11:17 AM

Oct 2008
Cthune late!
Uutan and Nonsuke had a fight and whats more...all four of them are now scattered!

Apr 14, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2011
Sakaitsu said:
Cthune released.
The time between the two episodes (8 - 9) has broken the rhythm. I hope the last episodes will come together.
Chiaya is an alien ???

I guess Chiaya is special in some way. But I'm not sure if she really is black magic or if they're just referring to the "special" way she has been brought up.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 14, 2015 3:49 PM

May 2012
Well that sure changed a lot! Interesting development!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2015

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

142 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 2:23 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

50 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 24, 2022 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.