Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2009 12:47 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a good film... the grey, despondent world reminded me of GITS. I think there could have been more character development, but the art and music was pretty amazing. 8/10.
Feb 16, 2009 7:12 AM

Sep 2008
mmm, I won't say I loved it, it's just that someone told me that it's like final fantasy or even better, and that's far from the truth unless they mean Spirits within, it's a little boring at the start, ok in the middle and the ending was good
Sep 28, 2009 5:50 AM
Dec 2008
Were can i download this movie?
Dec 9, 2009 2:47 AM

Nov 2007
I don't know where you can download it from but here's where you can watch it.

http://dubbinz.com/english_dub_anime/movies/sky_blue/movie_part_01.html
Mar 20, 2010 7:04 AM

Aug 2009
I do not see how this is a anime seeing how it is Korean animated film released for Korea. But I still enjoyed the story and lot of eye candy.
Apr 5, 2010 11:41 AM

Oct 2007
Compared to Vexille, Apple Seed this one is not so good but all in all it was ok 7/10
Aug 2, 2010 9:43 AM

Feb 2009
Good story, great action and superb animation for 2003. The english voice acting could be better.
Nov 4, 2010 12:21 AM
Apr 2010
I don't know if it was the animation or the story, but this movie reminded me quite a bit of "Titan A.E."

It wasn't the best I have ever seen, but it was enjoyable. 7.5/10
Dec 31, 2010 7:43 AM

Feb 2009
DragooNick said:
Compared to Vexille, Apple Seed this one is not so good but all in all it was ok 7/10

This.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jun 26, 2011 4:14 PM

Aug 2010
The title says Wonderful Days yet nothing happy was seen for the duration of the movie until the last 5 minutes....

The animation was good but I can't say so much about the story.
Dec 25, 2011 10:29 AM

Oct 2009
The story was boring
The characters are so very flat, like:
the main guy; " the dreamer",
"the girl"
and "the asshole" (that was also in love with the girl)

I dont get it why people compare it to GITS or other great Sci Fi
also why do people think the characters and story were sooo deep? I was sure how this shit would end after maybe 15 min watching.

The animation as the music were ok.
It fails totally the bechdel test.

Nah.
Feb 9, 2012 6:46 PM

Feb 2011
Watched it in Korean, the voice acting was meh.
It looked nice, but that's to be expected from a movie.
Story was... er, I must have been not paying attention, because I totally missed how destroying the DELOS system cleared up the (air) pollution.

7/10
Mar 23, 2012 10:27 AM
Sep 2011
I don't think that's a good anime, mostly because korean language reminds me orcish in some way.
Apr 20, 2012 10:57 AM

Oct 2009
Mehh, was alright nothing special.
Oct 27, 2012 7:51 AM

Jun 2012
it was alright, i would say it needed waayyyyy more running time to show backstory and build the relationship of jay/shu/cade more. theyre all like "i love you" and it just felt really empty and didnt seem they meant it. i enjoyed it though 7/10
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 28, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2010
The ending was kinda awkward for me because of unclear relationships between Jay, Shue and Cade. I don't understend why Jay didn't shoot Cade when she learned the truth about what happend when Shue "escaped". In the end she didn't shoot him AGAIN even when he was about to kill Shue. It looked like she couldn't choose between fighting Ecoban or joining Shue. Also she could have prevented a lot of bad things from happening. I really dislike these indecisive characters like her.
Aug 15, 2013 3:36 AM

Apr 2013
Clichéd characters. Clichéd story/plot. Clichéd drama. Clichéd dribble. Somehow it even managed to be cliché in mediocrity.

If only Idea Factory were in charge of this project I think we could've seen a real masterpiece. I'm allowed to dream aren't I.
Aug 20, 2013 10:08 AM

Mar 2013
I lost it when Cade passed Jay to Shua at the end. Just wtf.

Maybe I would have liked it better if the English voice actors weren't so bad. Only Jay's VA was decent.
Dec 26, 2013 10:19 AM
Dec 2011
Started watching it because it reminded me at first of Apple Seed (I don't watch animated movies like this all that often).
I feel like it had potential, but didn't totally live up to it. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy it.
May 10, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
ya this anime suuuuucked
Oct 27, 2014 10:07 PM
Jul 2008
I saw this years ago and just re-watched it last night. For the record, the operatic music that kicks in at about 1hr 16m's in is too f*cking beautiful! And as it was said back in 90s circa hip-hop music - "Word to motha!"

No, seriously, it's too hot!!!

The film is pretty good and the Korean language isn't so bad on the ears either. Props!

Story (7) Characters (6) Music (8.5) Overall Enjoyment (7.5-8)

I think this could've been much better if it were broken up in to 3 45m OVA's, with each one being a chapter. In addition, if there was just a tad more world building as to the construct of each world and a bit more exploration that would've been great as well like an "Ergo Proxy" in how they explored outside the dome. It would've been good to establish more characters in the dome (I forget the name of it). What I appreciate about this anime and particularly being a sci-fi genre one to is the sense of mood and atmosphere it gives off and evokes or maybe it's just me, but I surely felt relaxed as I watched it.

Well that's my 2 cents.
"To see with eyes unclouded by hate"

-Prince Ashitaka, "Princess Mononoke"
Nov 20, 2014 5:09 AM

Apr 2012
didn't like how they used real stuff, cg n the animation together good movie tho
Dec 5, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
Sub par story line with sub par characters.
The visuals and soundtrack were pretty damn impressive though.
5/10
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Dec 13, 2014 2:09 AM

Nov 2013
I would like to see more anime with this art style. Was really something new and impressive. The story was a bit predicable and was a classic movie plot. 12 ep anime would be great just to flesh out the plot and characters a bit :)

Dunno if Wonderful Days or Sky Blue is the official title but I prefer Sky Blue.

Anyway, solid 7/10.

Dec 13, 2014 2:11 AM

Nov 2013
antipurefaith said:
didn't like how they used real stuff, cg n the animation together good movie tho

I gave it a shot for that exact reason. Very unique style. I am not a fan of CGI being used in anime but that's cause it usually makes up about 25% of the visuals and thus stands out like a sore thumb. This movie however made it the majority and it worked for me.

Jul 25, 2015 3:38 PM
Apr 2015
I watched this a long time ago and really enjoyed it, but I didn't add it on myanimelist until now because I didn't know it would be here! It's Korean. I thought that technically, anime being the Japanese word for animation, this wouldn't be considered anime.
Jan 31, 2016 4:23 PM

Apr 2012
It was pretty good but like other people have said it reminded me of a few other films with a similar setting.
Jun 25, 2016 6:03 PM

Aug 2009
Just asking what other people have asked. I know the studio is Gainax, but was this animated in Japan or Korea? Ultimately, is this technically anime? I assume, because it is listed on MAL, that it is Anime because people around here are very critical (I don't mean that in a bad way). Whether the answer is obvious or not, was just wondering is all. Thanks in advance!

Btw, this movie was decent. I enjoyed myself. Was not great, but I have seen worse. Someone mentioned they should have done a 3 OVA kinda of thing. That would have definitely been interesting.

Jul 1, 2016 5:09 PM

Mar 2016
It was good, but we coulda made this into a animation with multiple episodes. It felt somewhat rushed, 0 explanations or pseudo explanations, that made it less sci fi than it already was.
Jun 26, 2017 12:31 AM

Dec 2013
Visuals were very nice but that's about it. I didn't like the sudden 180 for the white haired guy.
Mar 10, 2018 2:05 PM

Oct 2015
I thought this movie was wack, with weak characters and acting was poor but the animation was great though. The plot wasn't bad but typical and the romance wasn't good either. The ending was so fumbled, like you shoot him you shoot her and they both lived, taking away the emotion of the movie. There wasn't emotions in the movie too especially with Jay and Shua( connection wasn't there). As for the ponytail guy his actions in the end were forced and typical.

Lame alright movie, it needs work in the character development and story telling that's all.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 1, 2018 2:22 PM

Aug 2016
So like.. Besides the animation/art what were the positives of this movie? Like I see people calling the plot and characters piss poor and giving it a pretty decent score. Like I thought that the flat looking characters didn't blend together well with the CGI animation at all, so I guess that's why I didn't like it? Voice acting was also pretty bad (watched it in English). Overall I'd give it like a 3/10, it wasn't insultingly bad so I find it hard to rate it lower but I'd still say it'd deserve a lower score.
Oct 11, 2019 4:32 PM

Aug 2012
Not a great story but the film definitely looks very nice and the character art was also decent. I thought the final sequence with the opera music was a great scene the rest of the film was not worthy of but overall 85 minutes went by pretty quickly. It's weak on story but for fans of animation is pretty strong, especially for 2003.

So I gave it a slightly generous 6/10.
Apr 19, 2020 9:31 PM

Aug 2015
I'm still not sure what the story really was, and I felt nothing for the characters.
I couldn't stop laughing during the final shoot out / emotional death scene. All that went through my head was "MMMM WHATCHA SAYYYY" and I was cracking up.

However, the animation was pretty great. The CGI backgrounds vs 2D people was a bit jarring at first, but once I got used to it, I really appreciated how hard the animators worked to make them fit together. The characters had weight when they moved / landed on surfaces in the environment. The lighting was nice.

I liked the sound mixing but not the soundtrack. The sound effects were dynamic. I don't think the songs helped the story at all.
whitherApr 19, 2020 9:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.