Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2014 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I think Tokimune is going to be okay soon as long as he stays in bed and takes his rest. Not too much action this episode but some of the scenes were quite intimating.

That cliffhanger though....yikes. I got a bad feeling about what's to come soon. Well, at least he is able to control his rage for now because that's the quite an obstacle to overcome too.
Nov 6, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2014
Mass Produced Argevollens.

Should have been in painted in a white scheme, have a set of wings and use spears as a weapon.
HelghastKillzoneNov 6, 2014 9:22 AM
Nov 6, 2014 9:18 AM
Jan 2014
Not bad. This was a rather expisition-heavy episode, but I think it managed to handle itself decently. The dialogues felt fairly natural as well. They just needed a tad bit of emotion and some proper facial expressions. I still prefer emotion-lacking characters more than melodramatic ones though.

As previously stated, we found out about a lot of things concerning the whole data gathering plan. So Kybernes went full out with mass production of U-Link Trail Kriegers already? Pretty much showcases the amout of greed involved in this. I'm still wondering if the new matured U-Link system is completely NRS-free. Because by the looks of it, Richtofen is still in very bad shape, albeit aware of that himself.

I would try to feel a bit sorry for Reika and Tokimune. Only if their characters were more fleshed out. That's honestly still a major concern for me, especially when we take in the remainder of the show.

Cayenne is still a snake, though what better way to surprise Samonji than to show him the thing he was fearing the most.

I still feel that we need some more insight of the politics involved behind the entire plan, and not just the amount of greed and desire for conquest, which are already involved. Though the elimination of Zarl was a nice start. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

I must say, this anime captured my interest more than I initially thought.
ResidentNov 6, 2014 9:23 AM
Nov 6, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
"My face was born this way" lol Samonji XD you're so honest it's funny

So he is okay after all. I'm surprised that Tokimune managed to hold himself even after hearing the fact about NR Syndrome. I imagined he'd go mad though O.o
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 6, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2009
I have to wonder if Tokimune is fully OK or not... somehow, I don't believe the results of his physical weren't falsified by that asshole Suguro. I still think that Tokimune is just very tough mentally, but those unfortunate people who will get to pilot the mass produced Argevollens will not be and burn out one after another.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 6, 2014 11:37 AM

Oct 2014
Mierda, they didn't bother to make Richtofen, their POW, so I guess that those Trail Kriegers are the sme one that Tokimune's oneechan used.
Nov 6, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
So know we know where the name Shirogane no Ishi come from.
And it seems that the ones pulling the strings are trying to tighten there grip on things in order to make money or whatever they are trying to pull.
This anime is getting more interesting with each episode.
Makes me wonder how it will end.
CG said:
I have to wonder if Tokimune is fully OK or not... somehow, I don't believe the results of his physical weren't falsified by that asshole Suguro. I still think that Tokimune is just very tough mentally, but those unfortunate people who will get to pilot the mass produced Argevollens will not be and burn out one after another.
I am pretty sure he was lying about the results and whatever happened to his sister.
They have to much to gain from having Tokimune in that unit.
Nov 6, 2014 1:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Thick with intrigue and foreboding. Lot's of exposition but it was handled well. I'm surprised Richthofen is still around. I had been sure he was out after last chapter.

i want Samonji's commanding officer to die. Painfully and slowly.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 6, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
Episode well over tranquil than the last, I like the war scenes of this anime, I expect more action soon
At the time that I saw on the syndrome NR knew it was because of the initials of Nanjou Reika, as the characters take so long to understand?
And now more machines like the Argevollen, I think there will be more fights next episode ..
Nov 6, 2014 4:49 PM
Nov 2014
Good episode overall.... but is anybody else pissed off over how stupid Samonji and everyone with any sort power acted?

They finally had Richtofen and Sturm Alpha defeated... ripe for the capture... and instead they just let him go back.. WITH Sturm?

Who in the right mind defeats the enemies greatest weapon in the middle of a war and then decides to just give it back to them. Making them go through all that BS again. There may be conspiracies and ulterior motives behind everything but in the end it's still a WAR. You don't give the enemy back it's secret weapons. AUGH.
Nov 6, 2014 5:15 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ingelmian intelligence sure is scary. They figured out everything Zarl was up to until now. I'd guess there are some heavy conspiracies going on behind the scene in the Ingelmian side as well.

Kybernes' mass production of the U-Link Trail Kriegers wasn't much surprising. In order to obtain data and capital, they'd do anything and everything.

Tokimune talking about the familiar scent reminding him of his sister inside Argevollen gives off a heavy impression of the U-Link system being similar to LIM system from M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane. If it is anything like that, this show will lose a lot of cool points.

Cayenne was pretty straightforward, asking Samonji to join his side while showing him the Trail Kriegers hanger as if he already figured Samonji is already aware of the current scheme; which he probably is. Sinister move nonetheless..

Good episode. I wonder if Samonji will end up operating the Perphevollen, mentioned by Qwasimodo in the second half..

Nov 6, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2014
OH DAMN, that face the LT. made... The first true expression we have seen from him in a long time. Shit is gong DOWN AND I LOVE IT!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 6, 2014 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to learn about the U-Link system.

Lontar betrayed Zarl.
Nov 6, 2014 9:08 PM

Aug 2012
Expository episodes are usually done pretty well with Argevollen, and this was no exception. We have Ingelmia bigwigs taking a big step in narrowing down those who have information about those in Viltriveld to those who share their focused interests. Though, I'm wondering if Lontar figured it all out or if he went to Viltriveld about it to confirm his suspicions. I think we really need some interaction between Ingelmia Intelligence and Viltriveld to help clarify and flesh out their interests, kind of like how we see Cayenne and Suguro.

Speaking of, Kybernes and Cayenne also took their biggest step yet in exploiting Arandas for their own benefit. I just wonder what Cayenne's play is going to be on Samonji. He's let him put himself in a position where he can't seem to do anything and realizes it, and is now going to offer him an opportunity to do something. We just don't know what his play is, how he'll get him to do what he wants.

Whatever happens, I expect Suzushiro's words to get through to him at some point. If he helps out Cayenne, whatever that entails exactly, I think he'll quietly go along with it until he has a chance to make a move. This will mirror the lesson he taught Tokimune earlier in the show about how to behave in order to attain the opportunity to take your revenge. What really makes me think that is the emphasis on Tokimune's cool headed nature around Suguro, and his responses to Samonji at the graveyard this episode. Someone in the thread even said they expected him to wig out when he heard about NR Syndrome...well, EXACTLY. He's learned to keep a cool head, and furthermore has identified Suguro as a target for his revenge and is telling him exactly what he wants to hear for now. I also think Samonji's question was bait so that he could test him and see if he'd truly learned to disregard his emotions and act accordingly to reach his goal, and Tokimune's response was perfect. He always suspected her death was a conspiracy of some sort, and now that he has the whole story and knows just what she went through while these people observed and treated her as a test dummy, there's no way in hell he is going to let go of that resolve. So the only answer is that he's figured out the path he needs to follow to reach his desire of getting to the bottom of the circumstances around her death and avenging her, and thanks to Samonji has learned how to behave accordingly. Just can't say enough about his development at this point, and I can't wait for the payoff.
Nov 6, 2014 10:11 PM

Sep 2011
this was definetly one of the stronger episodes of the series even if it was mainly set up, that cliffhanger makes me excited for this final act. A mass produced arge army sounds like hell on earth.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 7, 2014 11:01 AM

Mar 2012
Usually the test results given by a company that is interested in giving a specific answer to continue the experiment should be quite suspect, but I'm more optimistic about the test results shown in this episode because Suguro repeated the same thing to Cayenne, who wouldn't have been concerned or taken action one way or the other.

Two points though. First, even if Argevollen was unable to finish off Storm-A after the battle because Tokimune was fried, the team probably should've at least taken it back with them and captured Richthofen. Given that they were in retreat this would've been hard to pull off but all 3 blue mechs were at the battlefield, and Storm-A would've been an important haul...

Second, at this point I'm really hoping that the ending would have this company go down in flames. Whichever country that wins this war should be just seizing it and putting a gun to its head so it can never play both sides again.
Nov 7, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2013
Good stuff. We're getting the lowdown on the political maneuvering done by the corporations and the two countries. Seems like everyone is in it for themselves right now though.

I'm getting the feeling that they're gonna link Tokimune to the Arge-baby army like his sister and watch as he goes insane. I don't trust the big-wigs on either side of this conflict as it is, both are evil as heck. The only one in this story with a decent personality is Samonji here.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 7, 2014 1:09 PM

Feb 2013
some development on reikas use to the ulink and thats about it
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 7, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
The series isn't good by any standards but lets be honest with ourselves

this was a bad ep
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Nov 7, 2014 8:34 PM

Aug 2012
Legal_Latino said:
The series isn't good by any standards
Your opinion =/= "any and all standards"

Care to elaborate on why it was a bad ep?
Nov 13, 2014 7:13 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Finally, it turns out the crime concealed by time, interesting.
Predictably there was an advantage with the use of Argevollen, but it is strange that no one asks and understands what's going on in high places; anyone who believes in the conspiracy theory? Cabbage!
Intriguing narrative, was a series of suspicions and truth not quite clear, I liked it much! :)
The drawings are unfortunately still inadequate and ugly.
I want the next episode now.
Nov 13, 2014 8:27 PM

Mar 2012
Well, that was a pretty good episode.
I thought Tokimune was gonna wake up and say "Who are you" for a second there. :3
Nov 14, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2011
I don't think "Viltriveld", whoever or whatever that ultimately is (the guys at the table? Evne if, we still don't know what positiion each one of them actually has) *wants* the NR syndrom, unless there is even more going on. So far it seems more like they simply want power and money, so any reason not to use the new models would lead to slower adoption rates and therefore less money and power..unless the nations who adopt it simply overrun the others. Still, i think it's more of a case of "don't care" or "necessary", and not a goal in itself.

We hopefully see what they really want and/or them going up in flames..
Dec 12, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2013
dam that fucking guy at the end was an asshole saying shit like it's ok that his sister gave up her life for them MAN FUCK THEM
He needs to serve them some fucking justice
[/quote]
Apr 12, 2016 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
Those guys really make me feel like peeling off their skin damn.
So the mass produced army is finally going to take the stage huh.
I'm tired of seeing all the commanding officer and higher ups crap, this includes Samonji lol.
The moment Zarl was shot.. very satisfying. Now for the rest.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

91 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.