Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 29, 2014 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
I really liked this ep. The ep made me both sad and happy. Shogo was awesome as usual.

Can't wait for the next ep.

Apr 29, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2010
Shougo has really been portrayed nicely so far, and he especially stood out in this episode. It's neat to see his caring for his friends underneath that seemingly cold personality.

I found the scene near the end (when Kaori told Yuuki that she could never have thrown away whatever she had lost) really touching. Nicely done, memorable lines there.

Can't wait for next week!
Apr 29, 2014 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
1 hate vote? Seriously, what is wrong with you guy?

Another great episode, this show is wonderful o/
5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 29, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2011
Heartwarming feels!!!!!! T___T

So happy the diary was found !!!
Apr 29, 2014 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
Shougo is such a good friend

Can;t wait to see the new character next week
Apr 29, 2014 1:18 PM

Oct 2009
Shougo is such a bro~ :D

Man this show makes me sad and happy at the same time ^~^
Apr 29, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2012
FatefulLove said:
Seriously, Shougo is a really good friend.
Best Support
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 29, 2014 6:40 PM

Aug 2008
They should just marry each other already! ^.^
Apr 30, 2014 3:10 AM

Mar 2009
So, when is Shougo going to NTR Hase?
Apr 30, 2014 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
"The only person I can remember is Kiryu-kun!!! " XD It was like almost 100% hint for him that she loves him lol

5/5
Got Diabetes from the heart warming scenes .

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Apr 30, 2014 7:28 AM

May 2013
I liked this one. It feels like that jealousy was the topic in this episode.

Still, it would be amazing if Kaori will remember everything someday.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 30, 2014 4:07 PM

Feb 2014
it would kill me if Kaori stopped remembering :c
Apr 30, 2014 4:25 PM

Nov 2013
She remembered all by herself :D That was sweet <3

Kiryu is such a bro XD Love that guy.

Hase was being a bit childish, but I can totally understand. I mean, come on, she doesn't even want to be seen with him, but she'll happily let the school know she's friends with Kiryu. Still, I'm sure she was just excited for a new friend and trying to find a common subject with Hase, hence all the talking about Kiryu.
Apr 30, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Do not post spoilers from the manga (either true or false).

First time I've ever been so glad to see an inanimate object (the notebook) covered by plot armour--another feels-heavy episode.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 30, 2014 8:07 PM

Jun 2013
Can Shougo be the main character, pleeeaaase?

I can't blame Hase too much, though. It would suck being in that position, and it gives Hase another dimension to his character and room to grow even more (hopefully).
-Trippwire-Apr 30, 2014 8:23 PM
Apr 30, 2014 9:45 PM

Mar 2010
Shougo easily outshines the MC. Lazy/genius/mysterious guy ftw
May 1, 2014 8:03 AM

Nov 2009
Weakest episode until now. The series started off strongly with the beautiful visuals and heartwarming vibe, but the plot was just ridiculous for this episode. Too many coincidences crammed into the story: happened to lose her diary, happened to have Kiryu come up with the idea that she may have lost the diary, happened to have Hase search outside for it (even specifically in the grass!), happened to have a fight before all this.
May 1, 2014 9:02 AM

May 2012
06:53 i knew it

09:00 =((

10:25 nooo...

12:11 she won't remember u anymore

T_T

8/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 1, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2010
An excellent episode, animation and scenario came to be perfect, beyond the understated and subtle mood of this work, I see no pretensions and am being surprised. I just hope one dose more drama from now on, worthy of the key works, haha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
May 1, 2014 10:24 PM

Aug 2013
Aww this episode was so touching~ It was so nice that he searched so hard for her, and that she is remembering things if only a little bit now.
May 2, 2014 9:16 AM

Aug 2010
Hase was pretty annoying at the start. Shougo>Hase
May 2, 2014 11:50 AM

Mar 2012
boring; didn't feel anything. So first anime to be dropped this season
May 2, 2014 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
This episode is the first conflict we've really seen so far. It makes things interesting for sure, and the characters are so cute together.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 2, 2014 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwwn, I wanted to see that seal :/

Ouch, right in the feels. Hase was fucking up everything he was doing in this episode xD
Well, at least, in the end they will laugh about it in the future.

But you know, me too I would have been worried if the girl I loved was talking so sweetly about my best friend :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 2, 2014 7:32 PM

Nov 2012
I find it admirable that Hase is putting a lot of effort into maintaining his friendship with Fujimiya.
May 2, 2014 7:39 PM

Oct 2013
No seal :'(
May 2, 2014 9:57 PM

Jul 2010
Shouldn't the book be wet? Ah, I know, I don't have to ask about logic in anime.
Enjoyable nonetheless, I felt bad for Hase at first but I'm glad they solved their fight at the end.
May 3, 2014 1:28 AM
Aug 2011
Fujimiya's personality rubs me the wrong way at times.
I understand she's the way she is because of her situation but it's still off-putting.
She shifts form extra sweet to ice cold in seconds. That ain't cute girl.

Akanezora said:
Shouldn't the book be wet?

Well it's been several days since it rained. If you take in account that she was absent for 2 days in bed.
It had to dry off at some point.
May 3, 2014 4:24 PM

Sep 2011
this series is so heartwarming and relaxing to watch even during more serious moments

also brougo still being a bro

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 4, 2014 12:52 AM
Feb 2013
This episode was nice.
kcuf
May 5, 2014 2:16 AM
Dec 2012
Oopsies, lost diary! Fujimiya really should make a copy or photocopy it and have a digital back up haha...
May 5, 2014 8:52 AM

Aug 2012
Mormegil said:
So, when is Shougo going to NTR Hase?

^ This, haha
I'd love to see that
May 5, 2014 9:27 AM

May 2012
I want a good friend like Shougo <3
May 5, 2014 3:42 PM

Feb 2013
Kinda figured they'd save the fight for late in the series for the drama... such warmth.

Only problem with this episode... the "read your diary" poster fell off the door and her mother didn't notice? Yea, right... There isn't any way a loving mother would not have noticed that.
May 6, 2014 5:57 AM

May 2012
That episode was so heartwarming.

I wonder when Fujimiya will consider Shougo as a friend and forget about him. As I remember she doesn't write about him in her diary.
May 7, 2014 7:03 AM

Jun 2013
Hase was so jealous.
May 7, 2014 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
Kiryuu is my favorite character. Awesome guy. If its me i would totally fall for him.
May 9, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2012
E_1999 said:
This show would be amazing if the characters were a bit older and mature. The MC is super childish.

It would lose the innocence and fluff.

Reksho said:
Weakest episode until now. The series started off strongly with the beautiful visuals and heartwarming vibe, but the plot was just ridiculous for this episode. Too many coincidences crammed into the story: happened to lose her diary, happened to have Kiryu come up with the idea that she may have lost the diary, happened to have Hase search outside for it (even specifically in the grass!), happened to have a fight before all this.

Wait till you see ep 5.
May 15, 2014 8:17 AM

Jan 2011
My feelings are pretty mixed. Hase was being pretty stupid this episode and dat cliché ending, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 15, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
Feels army breached the first line of defense! Reinforcement needed!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 17, 2014 5:43 PM

Dec 2010
Finally a more dramatic episode, I was beginning to lose interest in the show.

Kiryu's just an overkill bro, lol.
May 21, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2008
Hmm...

First of all, I think Yuuki saying they "made up" is a bit of a stretch. Fujimiya didn't actually remember the fight, and I don't think she ever even had time to put it in her diary before she lost it. The second half of the episode was basically just the same old reset where he has to convince her they are friends again.

Also, the whole fight was stupid anyway. Yuuki shouldn't be that jealous or possessive.

Finally, it didn't really make sense to me how there were rumors about Kiryuu and Fujimiya, but not Hase. I mean, when Fujimiya left class crying that one day, Hase ran after her. You'd think that would spark more class discussion than Kiryuu handing something to Fujimiya after class. Oh well.
Jun 1, 2014 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
MasterMeNL said:
My feelings are pretty mixed. Hase was being pretty stupid this episode and dat cliché ending, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless.

Hase was being , "human".
Jun 4, 2014 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode fantastic, very well recounted the good times and bad. Intense and full of emotions.
Plot well managed, cute characters and non-stereotypical.
Drawings and animations divine, even the scenarios were fantastic.
Here comes a new character? I thought we had to wait at least another episode before what.
Jun 10, 2014 2:50 PM
Apr 2014
If its one thing I love about this show it's that the art style is really gorgeous and captures the mood perfectly in every scene.
Jun 22, 2014 10:13 PM

Sep 2012
Eh, that was really melodramatic.

I knew there would be an inevitable situation where she loses her diary or something, and forgets that they were friends to cause drama. It just had to happen. But I wish they used it on something a little more.. impactful.

I really rolled my eyes at the end when she showed up at the river, and he was looking for the diary. She is SO DESPERATE to find it, and yet when she goes to look herself he says "it's dangerous!", and she immediately stops, sits down, and watches him search. And the big danger is.. grass? Uhh.. so did she actually care about finding the diary, or...? If all it took was "it's dangerous!" from some guy she apparently doesn't even know to dissuade her from searching herself, I'm not really all that convinced that she actually gave a damn.

It's this type of subtle, shallow gender role fueled garbage that really gets under my skin. If their roles in the story were reversed, and it were her in the grass searching, and she yelled "it's dangerous!" when Hase tries to go searching himself for his all important diary, would it have made any sense at all if he was just like, "oh, well ok. I'll just sit here and let you do it. Because there is no way that I would put myself in danger"? Ugh. That line/scene served no purpose other than to reinforce gender dogma (girl in danger = bad, boy in danger = cool). And then at that, the "danger" is a fucking muddy river bank? Give me a damn break.

And then when he trips on literally nothing and falls down, she comes running over, and the diary just happens to be RIGHT THERE under his hand. Oh for the love of...

As usual, the atmosphere of this show is wonderful. But the writing was really disappointing this episode.
Jun 23, 2014 8:42 AM

Jul 2013
How can she still remember Shougo? This episode was kinda boring. Nothing really happened.
Red_Keys said:
And then when he trips on literally nothing and falls down, she comes running over, and the diary just happens to be RIGHT THERE under his hand. Oh for the love of...

And how the note on the door just happens to fall off and conveniently slide under her desk so she won't see it.
Jul 12, 2014 1:16 AM

Nov 2008
Jealousy can destroy a marriage why not a friendship? I liked the funny moments, especially when she told him that it was Shogo the only one that she would talk to at school.

But the scene where he was looking for the notebook and when she grabbed his hand was really heartwarming.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. A new friend appears.
Jul 15, 2014 1:26 AM
May 2012
Well, I will be damned if Fujimiya falls in love with Shougo. She said that she forgets her memories with friends, but she remembers Shougo. That means, she likes Shougo, or she really doesn't consider Shougo as a friend, yet.
Shougo is really awesome :D

Altaria-chan said:
Damn. Everytime I watch this show on a Monday, I have this feeling of happiness and disdain. It's so great that i just find it so depressing and fulfilling each time this show airs. I just love where this is going right now.

LegendaryGirl-A said:
Hase was so annoying at the beginning

Oh, Come on! Bitch Please, It is very understandable that Hase's behavior will result into like that. I mean don't you get Jealous and all-talky in front of a girl you liked the most after finding out that she's liking someone else? People These Days. Smh. Logic Please.

I really agree!!
People complains if the characters are not realistic, and then they will complain too if the characters are realistic =_=
Jul 16, 2014 6:58 PM

Jun 2011
I can understand why Hase acted like that in the beginning, I mean its only natural for someone to be annoyed if they start talking about someone else, especially if you like that person. I mean when I like someone or when I'm hanging out with friends, I don't want to just talk about another certain person. But at the same time I could understand why Fujiyama was mainly talking about Shougo, after all he was the only person she could remember.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

235 by Hahi-Refrain »»
Sep 30, 4:45 PM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

6 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Jul 29, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jul 18, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

205 by Husen_Duhoki »»
May 21, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.