Forum Settings
Forums
Cage of Eden
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I've been thinking long and hard what to write but in the end I think I'm just generally confused. I'm too slow in piecing together the information :P (but so are they so that's fine.) First impression is that the 3 points below have an immediate link, plus 1 at the end which I'm guessing will serve as a confirmation after solving the puzzle:
Isurugi group formed not long ago;
Miina who more or less made the encyclopedia;
the fact Mariya and the scientists use the same encyclopedia;
a photo related to Akira that shouldn't have been in this compound.

Assuming the blueprint is based on the encyclopedia, then wouldn't Miina be more or less the pseudo-creator lol... and for the island to develop that much, time-travelling forward would be a sensible plotline (old news). But there're parts of me which don't really want to to involve time-travelling, and logically Miina would also be the key to this turnout. Anyone has any theories? :P

deviantART                                    YouTube  
Nov 7, 2012 12:38 AM

Mar 2012
Hehe...I'm sort of perplexed as well. I'll just let it unfold for me with the upcoming chapters rather than try to decipher it myself.

And it seems some action is going to pick back up in the next chapter. Go Tokiwa! >:D
Nov 7, 2012 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
My theories:

- The photo Akira saw is related to him
- The bottle contains a virus which made the animals much more dangerous than they appear to be (something like "rage")
- A silly thought I made up of how Miina Isurugi is actually a clone/android, etc. (The real Miina being dead and the one they are with right now is a clone)
- Another tower that is not in the map
- Of course, the "old news" time-travelling and if it is confirmed then:
* Hades is actually Akira/(Mariya)/Zaji

These are all silly assumptions of mine though but it would be nice if the plot is not about time-travel.
Nov 20, 2012 2:09 PM

Feb 2012
Goddamn it, show us the photo.

Shit is going down, the liquid started to affect Rion and the Paraceratherium is really close.
Nov 20, 2012 2:12 PM

Nov 2011
I thought that would be a Loch Ness monster for a second there.
Nov 20, 2012 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
Oh come on Akira! Why not show us the picture?!

Even though Rion got the symbiote like thingy, I doubt she will die since she is the main heroine.

I really hope this is not a time travel like everyone said, since that will completely destroy the story if it really is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2012 4:10 PM

Jan 2010
Yeah, the whole time travel thing kind of ruined Lost for me. It would probably do the same thing in Eden. It would also make it more blatant copy of Lost.
Nov 20, 2012 5:32 PM
Feb 2012
Good chapter overall. I'm not going to bother and guess all the unanswered questions though as it's a little too complicated for me to figure out. I'm just looking forward to the next chapter. XD

Fiji said:
Oh come on Akira! Why not show us the picture?!

Even though Rion got the symbiote like thingy, I doubt she will die since she is the main heroine.

I really hope this is not a time travel like everyone said, since that will completely destroy the story if it really is.

I wouldn't worry. After all Rion was voted number one in the character poll, so I'm pretty confident that she'll pull through. :)
Nov 20, 2012 6:52 PM

Mar 2008
Damn you Akira! I can't believe they pulled a lame move like having him hide the picture. Now we wait god knows how many chapters for him to drop it or something and everyone to see anyways. I just want to be sure about the picture. Probably something silly like his mother being on it.

Oh well, at least Rion is starting her process of becoming Venom :).

That and I'm only more certain we're looking at time travel or something.
Nov 20, 2012 9:44 PM

Oct 2011
Stark700 said:
I thought that would be a Loch Ness monster for a second there.

My thoughts exactly lol. To be honest, I'm not so sure that a gigantic herbivore will necessarily attack them for no apparent reason.

Nov 20, 2012 10:52 PM
Jan 2008
Don't get your hopes up with the photo, won't be revealed even in the next 3-4 chapters
Nov 21, 2012 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
What the fuck was with the tease of the photo? I guess it will be stowed away for some chapters like the symbiote thing making Rion sick or the harddrive.

Theories?

a) Minna's future self made the book?

b) Mina has been to the island before and drew the stuff from memory and was credited the book

c) Mina was thought dead and they used her ideas to do this research. they used extinct animals first, but want to revive her eventually?

as usual more questions and less answers.

they need to go to that damn kid and get some answers. she obviously knows something.
Nov 21, 2012 10:58 PM

Mar 2012
PhoenixIce said:
Don't get your hopes up with the photo, won't be revealed even in the next 3-4 chapters

yup probably.. but i have to guess this photo was someone everyone knew ; mina?

Regarding this the mina mystery continues from like chapter 90... its been so long, probably thats the main plot.. once figured, they get off the island and manga ends or something.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Nov 21, 2012 11:17 PM

Dec 2011
Wikipedia: Oh the paraceratherium is a herbivore.
This manga: Well, looks like people are going to die soon.
Nov 21, 2012 11:24 PM

Mar 2012
Vaonari said:
Wikipedia: Oh the paraceratherium is a herbivore.
This manga: Well, looks like people are going to die soon.

Well herbivore means they are plant eaters, but since the paraceratherium is so big it might like accidentally step on the people like humans accidentally stepping on ants.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Nov 23, 2012 9:53 AM
Oct 2008
LuckyMango said:
Well herbivore means they are plant eaters, but since the paraceratherium is so big it might like accidentally step on the people like humans accidentally stepping on ants.

If something is herbivore, it doesn't mean it's not aggresive.

The highest human kill ratio in Africa has... Hippopotamus (Elephant is second, which is of course herbivore as well), because it's EXTREMELY territorial animal which don't tolerate intruders on his territory. So... author could just assume that Paraceratherium is just extremely territorial creature, so it would explain all this aggresion.

And about chapter... honestly I think I would just prefer to see the picture instead of just trying creating another plot out of nowhere. And I'm 99% sure it's gonna be about time travel, which will be of course dissapointing for me. I miss old Cage of Eden after all...
Nov 24, 2012 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
Akira surprised me when he just put the pic away.
Apr 20, 2014 7:06 AM

Oct 2013
dam akira tell us what you found! and i wonder what shennanigans the giant dinosaur will cause
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 20, 2015 9:46 AM
Oct 2011
Bheaze said:
dam akira tell us what you found! and i wonder what shennanigans the giant dinosaur will cause
It's actually more closely related to rhinos
May 16, 2017 1:06 AM

Mar 2015
ugh these bullshit suspense of keeping secrets! Then poof, it just came out of nowhere like Kanako's secret about RIP. It's bad writing if you're keeping a secret then it's meh when the other characters finally learned about it

May 31, 2021 10:48 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
weird how mina's name is mentioned once again

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 22, 2022

10 by Nik012 »»
Sep 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 161 Discussion

gmgkng - Jul 13, 2012

24 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:24 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 159 Discussion

Zhou - Jun 24, 2012

23 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:17 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 157 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jun 10, 2012

19 by DebiPS »»
Jun 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Eden no Ori Chapter 112 Discussion

Keiz - Dec 22, 2011

20 by DebiPS »»
May 30, 2023 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.