Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 28, 2014 7:21 AM
Jul 2011
Show gave away it's twist waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early in my opinion, not impressed.
Jan 28, 2014 7:35 AM
Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
I was surprised to see Ignacio do something so rash to try and save Kal.

It's clear Ignacio knows Kal's true identity, and I think he also knows Claire's true identity as well. If he does, I think Ignacio's real intention was not to save Kal but to save Claire. Plus the fact he was also present in Kal's flashback with as much hate, and he's always observing the two when they're together.
Jan 28, 2014 7:36 AM

Nov 2010
Calm episode with a lot of background stories of Karl and Ariel

Claire catches quick on Karl's blabbing and suspecting him of being the rumored one

That end was quite a twist, Nina Viento
Jan 28, 2014 7:39 AM

Jun 2012
really mindblowing 0_0 claire = nina? Well, this must be sad....

Just realized nina viento missing from the chara list
Jan 28, 2014 7:41 AM

Jul 2010
I learnt who's older and that person was Kal :)
I've known that Nino is Claire due to some spoilers but I can't guess that if he learns her true form, will he kill her or forgive her?
One thing I wish is to have a happy ending.Since Kal had a bad past and he deserves a good future.
Jan 28, 2014 8:40 AM
Jan 2014
Karl will probably forgive claire, its been hinted he will (flashbacks of his mom telling him to forgive).
Jan 28, 2014 9:03 AM

Dec 2012
minescope said:
Claire being Nina wasn't exactly surprising considering all the hints they've been dropping.

Thank you. Thank you,sir.
Jan 28, 2014 9:47 AM

Jun 2013
I don't think Claire/Nina Viento is actually a mage , more like a legacy symbol. Seriously ? I didn't know that a mage needs some maids to change his/her clothes. I thought they could just abracadabra it.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 28, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2008
Geebus!!!! That was one hell of a plot twist!! I thought they'd go as far as Claire being Nina's daughter or niece or something but CLAIRE IS NINA?! WAT DA EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!! MIND BLOWN!!
Jan 28, 2014 11:12 AM
Aug 2012
I highly doubt Kal will get his revenge (no matter how great that would be) because logically it would be stupid for him to if he really thought of it. He cant just kill someone who the whole country worships as some kind of goddess. And even if he did end up succeeding, he couldnt have a happy ending with airi or any other good situation. If he killed Nina, not one person would support him. He'd have to be on the run for the rest of his life.

So by reading that summary of the anime again, blah blah teaches him friendship and love, one could only suspect a "happy ending" which i dont completely mind
Jan 28, 2014 11:16 AM

Dec 2011
More flashbacks. More revelations...

Claire suspects Kal-el's identity, but doesn't believe it. No suspicions the other way yet.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 28, 2014 11:16 AM

Nov 2011
Nice episode, that ending got my jaws flapping in the wind. Lucky I don't spoil myself looking at seiyu lists.

Man, Kal-el has some real bad luck. Lost his parents and is now in love with the murderer. It is a given that he will discover Claire's identity somewhere down the line. Only then do we see if it's the dark revenge route, the forgiveness route (doesn't mean they end up together), or the love heals all route.

Since they're clearly kicking a man while he's down, it's got me thinking. Will Kal-el continue to lose more? Will he lose his adopted family or have his identity discovered and get locked away, unable to fly once more?
Jan 28, 2014 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
Yes Claire is Nina Viento. Was't that surprising because of the char list which spoiled everything -_-
Jan 28, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2012
So that girl is Nina wow I did not see that coming, and I love it because of that.

Great episode!!!
Jan 28, 2014 5:14 PM

Jul 2013
What! That Ending.. I didn't see that coming at all! Well that changes everything I thought was going to happen. Yep, I'm hooked.
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog
Jan 28, 2014 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
Aww man didn't expect that coming, my mind is like "wha.....omg, are you ceral?" Claire, those eyes, that wig! ><
Jan 28, 2014 7:01 PM

Mar 2013
Oh my God, I didn't see that coming. Can't believe Claire is Nina Viento, I feel sorry for Kal.
Jan 28, 2014 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
Oh my didnt see that coming
Jan 28, 2014 8:53 PM

Dec 2011
As much as I am loving Kal and Claire pairing... dang. Claire is Nna!!! Oh my goodness. This is so not going to end well... but I can't wait to see that thing happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2014 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
Woah! Didn't see that coming! I actually didn't like Claire and loved Nina. Now that I know they're the same person uh ._.
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Jan 28, 2014 10:53 PM

Jun 2011
wow, did NOT see that coming :o I wonder what's gonna happen now, it's a mystery how Claire didn't realize Kal's the prince
Jan 28, 2014 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
This is one of the most cliche-ridden show of the season, and I saw the ending coming from a mile away... I LOVE IT. More.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 28, 2014 11:21 PM

Oct 2010
Oh boy. Looks like this story's heading down the Bad End. Tainting my beautiful revenge story with this crap.

Just watch as they pull this "My teenage crush on you overcame the fact you slaughtered my parents, humiliated my family and I, and forced me into a life of poverty. I forgive you!" shit on us penultimate episode. I'm just raging thinking about it. And better yet, they're probably going to cover it up with some background Nina sob story about her "tragic" past and her ordeals.

Please, enough with this love overcomes all shit. What do I need to do to get a Lelouche-like protagonist in a revenge plot setting, actively working to fulfill his goals for once instead of getting lost in the boobs and butts?
Jan 29, 2014 2:03 AM

Oct 2012
And the twist shall commence/
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 29, 2014 2:13 AM
Jul 2018
Agh, I actually thought they were two different people until that plot twist happened. My ship just sank to the bottom of the ocean.
Jan 29, 2014 3:29 AM

May 2012
Claire personality seems to change when she becomes Nina. Anyway, I think this is by far the best anime of this season.
Jan 29, 2014 6:16 AM

Feb 2013
I hope the show doesn't suffer from this twist. I half saw that coming but it was still quite the surprise they actually went for the plot twist.
Jan 29, 2014 6:20 AM

Mar 2013
I absolutely didn't see that coming... but now it's going to be interesting :)
Can't wait to see Karl's reaction when he learns it :D
Jan 29, 2014 8:09 AM

Mar 2012
that was fast
Jan 29, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2012
She is just a puppet
Jan 29, 2014 8:56 AM
Jan 2014
Lol, that was quick. I thought they would delay the Claire = Nina revelation until the second half or something.

Okay, so we got a little more details in what the people in general thought of this Wind Revolution but still zero clue of its true nature and purpose.

This episode also tries very hard to portray Karl's family as despots who oppressed the commoners and the rebellion as righteous, which is rather one-sided and cliche in my opinion. I actually rolled my eyes at that flashback with that tub of lard brat there, waaay overused plot device.

And Claire believes, or at least believed, that siding with the rebels to overthrow the monarchy is the right thing to do, so I find it hard to believe that she was somehow coerced into it. Manipulated maybe, but seems to me she became the figurehead of the revolution by her own free will.

Looks like this story is headed down the love and forgiveness ending, even though there is so much potential in the tragedy side. Damn shame, Karl actually has a really good motivation to kill Claire. Now, if only he would stop being so pathetic....
Jan 29, 2014 9:56 AM

Apr 2009
Damn, well that was an interesting twist. Karl will be unhappy, to say the least, when he finds out.

Jan 29, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
This is getting intense.

I just love these medieval, forbidden romances. :3

I didn't like the ED too much at first, but it's really been growing on me. It's so freaking beautiful, especially with the images.
Jan 29, 2014 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
I was not expecting that at all! Great episode.
Jan 29, 2014 3:59 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, so many people really didn't see the Claire/Nina thing coming? It's only been spoiled on here a billion times, everyone has been talking about it since episode 1. That aside, I can't believe how many people blame Claire for every bit of bad that happened to Carl during the revolution. Saying she can't be forgiven, she took everything from him, he should kill her, blah blah blah. That's taking it a bit too far. She's around his age, so she would have been around 9-ish during the revolution. So, you're going to blame a child being manipulated by some power-hungry weasels for every bit of bad during the revolution? You cannot stand the idea of a happy ending because you can't forgive a child for being manipulated by adults, she was only a little girl. The ending here is actually very predictable, Carl and Claire will realize that their love is more important and team up to take down the nasty adults behind the grand scheme of things.

All of that said, this episode wasn't much better than the last three. I remain bored to death, and found the only redeeming qualities of the episode were the interactions between Carl and Claire. Mainly just the ones after they fall into the water and get all embarrassed at being naked. Those were funny.

I'll probably drop this one, but I've been hanging on simply for the 5 episode rule. So, overall I'd give this episode 4/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 29, 2014 5:43 PM

Jan 2010
I did NOT see that coming. This show just got a whole lot more interesting!
Jan 29, 2014 5:49 PM

Nov 2013
The one who destroys the wicked and upholds the righteous? Don't make me laugh! The only thing you caused is pure and unjust agression. Were his parents tyrants and the people suffered under their reign? I'm not so sure. I think the people were tricked into believing this shit by the fanatics. Maybe NV is a puppet and she doesn't know that what she did was wrong. But that is no excuse, the fact remains that she did it. Their goal was to unite the countries so they could start this ridiculous endeavor. A search for the end of the sky! Only obstinate fanatics can come up with this kind of "plan". Long story short: NV deserves punishment and Karl deserves his revenge.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 29, 2014 6:25 PM

May 2013
BOOOOOM goes the dynomiiiiteeeee
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Jan 29, 2014 7:06 PM
Feb 2009
ohhhh sht
Jan 29, 2014 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
Very good episode, that twist was obvious after the first 2 episodes.
Jan 29, 2014 9:01 PM
Jan 2013
I didn't get spoiled earlier so I was really surprised by the Claire->Nina revelation. Looking backward the standard princess on the pedestal wants to be treated like a regular person routine becomes more obvious.

Not knowing how the LN goes, I can see something like this for maximum dramatic effect:

It will be a while before Kal-el figures out that Claire is Nina. They will get closer as Kal-el and Claire. Claire will learn from Ari that Kal-el is really Karl right before some big event that would lead Kal-el to be called in front of Nina for some heroic act or some other hyped up reason. The ultimate revelation will be right as he was about to kill Nina, the wig comes off and he realizes it's Claire. He will lose his nerve and either be captured or flee. How it ends after that than be a toss-up since I can't think of a good way to end it. I'm guessing the forgiveness factor must be taken into consideration as he learns the truth behind everything related to his family and the wind revolution.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the episodes. This is the only anime this season that has a deep emotional pull in the story as well as the moving OP and ED theme music.
Jan 29, 2014 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
Dude this was amazing! I am glad that I decided to watch this anime.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Jan 29, 2014 10:35 PM

Aug 2013
Dat plot twist, I didn't see that coming... Kal-el's hatred, and he said that he won't forgive Nina Viento. It looks like Nina/Claire strings were being pulled by someone.

I love this episode, and also the twist, that f*cking twist...
Jan 30, 2014 1:00 AM

Apr 2012
babymilo91 said:
Woah that ending. I did not see that coming, Claire being Nina Viento.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?!
Jan 30, 2014 5:39 AM

May 2008
kinda had an idea it was her but wasn't exactly sure like omg gg
Jan 30, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
haha nice one now i'm definitely gonna watch this till the end :D
Jan 30, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2012
Hmmm , forbidden love :)
Jan 30, 2014 6:05 PM

May 2013
Plot Twisted!

Wont the guards get the wrong idea seeing them sleeping together and half naked?
Jan 30, 2014 9:18 PM
Dec 2011
Dat massive plot twist....... D:
and the crowd goes wild, half of the crowd screaming for a bloody ending and the other half screaming for a lovely dovey ending. Oh boy.
I wonder how this series is going to end.

From the opening, doesn't the dog-fighting scenes remind you of the Battle of Britain? The enemy fighters look like Bf109s............
Feb 1, 2014 4:16 AM

Oct 2013
This keeps getting better with each episode and now we know that Claire is Nina Viento. Can't wait to see coming episodes.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

191 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2014

111 by Alkimia »»
Feb 23, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2014

81 by Alkimia »»
Feb 22, 7:55 PM

» Is it one big love triangle?

Gamewolf - Mar 23, 2014

12 by ZGUEGCHOV »»
Feb 25, 2022 1:23 AM

Poll: » Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2014

133 by Swizze »»
Jun 14, 2019 7:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.