Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 31, 2013 9:20 PM

Dec 2011
Holy crap! The legend of Flamenco Girl is born! Hahaha.
She has an obsession with magical girls, the opposite of Hazama.

Didn't expect that kiss to lips to Moe by Mari. Yuri.

And... I thought Mari would fall for Hazama, but it seems she became a love interest to Goto instead. Now I can't really wait to see Goto's girlfriend. This series is getting better and better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
I see Mari as falling into the "Chaotic Good" category (one could make an argument for being close to Chaotic Neutral). I wonder if her revelation about Gotou's manliness will change her character at all. She seemed pretty shocked. Given her chaotic nature, I also wonder if he's just acquired himself a stalker...
Oct 31, 2013 9:31 PM

Nov 2007
PaleBlue said:
Given her chaotic nature, I also wonder if he's just acquired himself a stalker...

That would be pretty epic. Yet to see a policeman being stalked. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 31, 2013 10:09 PM

May 2010
That Mari although she is too flashy but she is kinda fun to watch
Oct 31, 2013 10:38 PM

Feb 2012
I'M DIGGING THIS SHIT, THE COMBINATION OF ROMANCE, EIGHT-GRADE SYNDROME OR WHATSOEVER AND REALITY-ACTION JUST GIVES THIS SHOW A DIFFERENT CHARM THAT OTHER SHOWS USUALLY DOESN'T HAVE.
Oct 31, 2013 11:16 PM

Aug 2013
japanda said:
Flamenco Girl: drives a pink Hummer and stomps evil in the nuts.

My hero♥

Mari's such a badass. She's kind of annoying but she really provides another dimension to this show. I'm guessing the staff really wants to cover both female and male demographics with two hot MCs and a mahou shoujo-disguised idol who likes men in uniforms.

Didn't expect that kiss, with Moe blushing and all.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 1, 2013 12:28 AM

Mar 2012
Mari's finishing move is quite deadly D:
Nov 1, 2013 12:57 AM

Jan 2011
summerwars said:
iMole209 said:
Vodkas said:
I found it disturbing how she was just stomping on their dicks like nothing, I'm not into that kind of comedy or whatever you cal it.

http://puu.sh/553Oj.jpg

xD you took a screenshot, great! i thought exactly the same. ^^

got a good laugh out of that

episode was okay i'm on the fence with Mari little to ruthless even for my liking but i expect that to change good to see Masayoshi getting a bit stronger even if he got shafted to the sidekick this episode lol

but dat kiss..
Nov 1, 2013 1:05 AM

Sep 2012
Stepping on a man, no three men, on his balls is really something LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 1, 2013 1:27 AM

Nov 2006
I don't see how Tomatsu Haruka trampling balls for the thanks and admiration of girls is anything less than awesome.
Nov 1, 2013 1:46 AM
Jan 2011
She reminds me so much of Misa from Death Note.

TQ
Nov 1, 2013 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
DEM BOOBIES!! DAT' YURI KISS!!!

Master!!

Student!!!

Master!!

Student!!!

Master!!

Student!!!

Master!!

Student!!!

Master!!

Student!!!

lol
MoeGodNov 1, 2013 1:55 AM
Nov 1, 2013 2:07 AM

Jan 2013
this show is literally just 23 minutes of weekly glory
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Nov 1, 2013 2:29 AM

Oct 2012
iMole209 said:
Vodkas said:
I found it disturbing how she was just stomping on their dicks like nothing, I'm not into that kind of comedy or whatever you cal it.

What you just said and what your signature is saying...sorry, I couldn't help but burst in to laughter.
Mari is such a badass even in a mahou shoujo outfit like that, but damn she is freaking brutal to men. Going back to kick a dude one last time in the nuts before running after Hazama and combo-kicking a man's weak spot repeatedly multiple times. Couldn't help but feel some of the pain even even when watching it. Oww...

I think you need to get over yourself. There's nothing hypocritical between my sig and post, I didn't find that girl smashing severals guys genitals funny I found it brutal.
Nov 1, 2013 3:43 AM

Sep 2011
This episode is crazy! Mari is scary....
Nov 1, 2013 3:50 AM

May 2013
Loving this, goto-San is a handsome guy indeed, I can see flamenco girl falling for him

Nice team up, I laughed a bit, but the story is a bit predictable but still second best of the season after kyoukai no kanata

I feel like adding goto San to my favorite, he will be my first male char if I do that

BTW Mari remind me of the girl from zetsuen no tempest
5/5
na358999Nov 1, 2013 3:56 AM
Nov 1, 2013 4:06 AM

Jan 2008
I'm not a guy, but I understand that Flamenco Girl is devil incarnate and pure evil in a form of human? She has a good taste though. Nothing better than a man in uniform~
Wait. What about glasses? AAAARGH, I'm so conflicted now!
Nov 1, 2013 4:38 AM
Aug 2012
Pretty good episode. I'm looking forward to see Mari's character development. She seemed to mostly go after male perps while saving women from attempted aggravated assault/sexual assault. That combined with her signature nut stomps might be indicative of something that happened in her past. I think the director did a good job showing Mari wanting to be a crime fighter/vigilante, not necessarily a hero.

Hazama is getting much better at fighting. How he blocked Goto's punch was pretty damn impressive. Speaking of Goto, I have a feeling that his character development will be a nice slow burn. I don't think we'll see him take on a superhero identity for a while, I think he'll be content being a cop until something major happens.

Though I wouldn't mind him having a Commissioner Gordon type role.
DarkGeneralNov 1, 2013 5:53 PM
Nov 1, 2013 5:12 AM

Sep 2011
Vodkas said:
iMole209 said:
Vodkas said:

What you just said and what your signature is saying...sorry, I couldn't help but burst in to laughter.
Mari is such a badass even in a mahou shoujo outfit like that, but damn she is freaking brutal to men. Going back to kick a dude one last time in the nuts before running after Hazama and combo-kicking a man's weak spot repeatedly multiple times. Couldn't help but feel some of the pain even even when watching it. Oww...

I think you need to get over yourself. There's nothing hypocritical between my sig and post, I didn't find that girl smashing severals guys genitals funny I found it brutal.
I think you need to learn subtext, he was just pointing out a comedic and ironic observation of... agh forget it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 1, 2013 6:32 AM

Oct 2012
Cutie Honey, I mean Flamenco Girl goes into action! Marvellous episode, this show is getting better and better.

And I wasn't right with my expactation that Mari knows Goto. Though this raises the most important question - who is this hidden Goto's girlfriend?
Nov 1, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2008
I don't know about the complaints, I just thought it was funny how Mari turned Flamenco into her bitch lol, but by the last few moments we see Hazama starting to take the lead by dragging her to the station to apologize, and admitting how extreme her methods are. I think the parity in their relationship as a superhero team is going to change between the two from now on.

And I feel like Mari has something in her past that makes her stomp nuts...maybe she was a victim herself or something? I mean, they've so far given reasonable explanations for characters doing weird stuff, like how hasama does not carry an umbrella, or why the Red Axe guy took over Flamenco's identity. Just a thought.

babymilo91 said:
Mari can kick some butt.

you mean balls, right? :P

Vodkas said:

I didn't find that girl smashing severals guys genitals funny I found it brutal.

it was brutal, and I think that was the point too, showing how extreme and disturbing her methods are (I find that electrocuting people on the smallest pretext as brital as stomping balls, but funny at the same time).

windy said:
I don't see how Tomatsu Haruka trampling balls for the thanks and admiration of girls is anything less than awesome.

LOL!
eyerokNov 1, 2013 6:56 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Nov 1, 2013 7:20 AM

May 2011
Ha, with the entrance of Flamenco Girl I was reminded of Super and what a dark dark comedy that was. But girlll, I totally get that uniform love. xD;
Nov 1, 2013 7:45 AM

Feb 2009
I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING! Flamenco Girl is pretty brutal, though in a kinda awesome way.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 1, 2013 7:59 AM

Jul 2012
Nice twist. I like the development. Mari is a bit crazy tho. O_O For a second there, I thought Mari was Goto's secret girlfriend but I guess it turns out she isn't! Now, who shall I ship?

pizza_012 said:
I'M DIGGING THIS SHIT, THE COMBINATION OF ROMANCE, EIGHT-GRADE SYNDROME OR WHATSOEVER AND REALITY-ACTION JUST GIVES THIS SHOW A DIFFERENT CHARM THAT OTHER SHOWS USUALLY DOESN'T HAVE.

^
Nov 1, 2013 8:20 AM

Sep 2012
mayukachan said:
Now, who shall I ship?

Mari and Moe, of course.
Nov 1, 2013 8:38 AM
Jan 2011
Vodkas said:
iMole209 said:
Vodkas said:

It was a joke man. Why so serious?

TQ
Nov 1, 2013 8:38 AM

Sep 2012
LOL, I'M DYING HERE
I didn't expect to see Mari with a mahou shoujo outfit and fighting in that way xD
Of course she needs some character development, but it was awesome to see her like that.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Nov 1, 2013 8:41 AM

Sep 2011
mayukachan said:
Now, who shall I ship?

Hazama and his manager will probably be a thing if that helps

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 1, 2013 8:46 AM

Oct 2009
This just keeps getting better! Yuri kiss out of nowhere! WOOP! And now she has the hots for Gatou XD, maybe shes a Bi? :P

Still very much want to see who Gatou's GF is.
Nov 1, 2013 9:57 AM

Feb 2010
Aymaan143 said:
Juhahamoutons said:
I found Mari really annoying :( I hated her sense of justice.

^This

Can't stand Mari

I concur. I think we need to get to know her character better but this ep just seemed like she was doing it for fun. I mean, Masayoshi told the bad guys what they were doing wrong as well and why it was wrong for society. Because frankly, beating the crap outta people just doesn't tell them anything and they're liable to get more pissed off or something because some people really do need to be told what their problem is.
Nov 1, 2013 11:00 AM
Oct 2013
I'd have to wonder now, if Goto's gf was one of the girls, wouldn't he have recognized the group's lead singer if he was dating one of the group?

And if it helps, I think everyone she kicked was wearing some kind of metal cup, that's why it kept making that bell sound each time. At least that's what I tell myself...

Just a thought, but what if Goto isn't texting a girl at all? Strange how there's no other female characters listed... From the character descriptions: "Jun Harazuka - An Actor currently playing the lead role in “Red Axe”, an ongoing hero action show. Apparently he travels the world. " Hmmm. The current "Red Axe" who replaced Joji Kaname... travelling the world... maybe everyone was right at the beginning...

Or not. Hopefully not.
Nov 1, 2013 11:08 AM

Jul 2011
unbeknownabyss said:
I'd have to wonder now, if Goto's gf was one of the girls, wouldn't he have recognized the group's lead singer if he was dating one of the group?

And if it helps, I think everyone she kicked was wearing some kind of metal cup, that's why it kept making that bell sound each time. At least that's what I tell myself...

Just a thought, but what if Goto isn't texting a girl at all? Strange how there's no other female characters listed... From the character descriptions: "Jun Harazuka - An Actor currently playing the lead role in “Red Axe”, an ongoing hero action show. Apparently he travels the world. " Hmmm. The current "Red Axe" who replaced Joji Kaname... travelling the world... maybe everyone was right at the beginning...

Or not. Hopefully not.

EWWWWWW He's old and ugly!!! At least if gGoto is actually gay, he should've been with someone young and cute and a model like Masayoshi because Goto is SUPER HOT!
Nov 1, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2011
millo said:
unbeknownabyss said:

Or not. Hopefully not.

EWWWWWW He's old and ugly!!! At least if gGoto is actually gay, he should've been with someone young and cute and a model like Masayoshi because Goto is SUPER HOT!
you just didnt expect him to look so good in uniform

I dont know why the hell youd think goto was dating the old dude, his girlfriend is probably just not in the character list yet

My guess honestly and not sure how to make sense of this but in the op we see goto wearing all black and throwing a rose into the ocean, someone close to him must have died in the past, wonder if that death has any tied to him and his relationship with his girlfriend

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 1, 2013 12:00 PM

Jun 2008
Yep, in comes Hit Girl.
Nov 1, 2013 1:40 PM

Jul 2010
JizzyHitler said:
mayukachan said:
Now, who shall I ship?

Why do you think that? I never noticed any hints of this. Rather I think Hazama might ends with one of the others two idols.
Nov 1, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
Akanezora said:
JizzyHitler said:
mayukachan said:
Now, who shall I ship?

Why do you think that? I never noticed any hints of this. Rather I think Hazama might ends with one of the others two idols.
just cause they alreade knew eachother prior to the series, theres even elss hints that he'd end up with either of the remaining 2 idols, i mean hey mari not necessarily completely out of possibility yet though

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 1, 2013 2:09 PM

Oct 2011
Flamenco Girl ( Mahou Shoujo) l has appeared XDD

Ouch dat stomping : 0

OMG lol @ her zapping Goto
Nov 1, 2013 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
Flamenco Girl is a “nut” job if I may say so myself. That kiss was deliciously surprising, fun episode but Hazama needs to become a hero again, he's just become a side kick for the "nut" case.
Nov 1, 2013 3:05 PM

Jul 2010
I don't really like Flamenco Girl, she's obnoxious and way too violent and takes all the creditbility away from Hazama, who is doing this to truly help people and stop crimes as much as he possibly can. It seemed to me she was doing it more for the attention than to truly help people... I hope that she'll soon change her ways because it kind of messed up the whole nice feeling this anime had going :(

Besides that I'm curious if there'll be others joining the superhero team and if we'll ever find out who Goto's girlfriend is :)

And I'm eye rolling at people going "aww yeah sudden yuri kiss" while if there would've been guys kissing or just guys standing/being a little closer than some (often male) people can stand it's "ugh this is so gay omg why do they put those random and freaking useless gay scenes in the anime, it's a waste of time and doesn't contribute anything to the story, fcking dropped this shit". Ah well. Double standards, all the way.
Nov 1, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting. I don't know if this less realistic change of pace is for the better.
Nov 1, 2013 3:25 PM

Jun 2011
Mari has the hotts for Gato :D
I'd rather that she and Hazama though cause they look good together.
Nov 1, 2013 3:44 PM

Oct 2013
why so hard to guess who her GF is? im pretty sure her name is Yassan, ¨Literature Girl¨ cuz his name is Hidenori Lol, and he didnt like his old surname so he changed to Goto before Virgin Power of his old classmates kills him

http://myanimelist.net/character/51015/Yassan
Nov 1, 2013 3:56 PM
Mar 2012
Oh my, there's another one like him.

Mari brought a fresh wind into this. I'm afraid she's just another tsundere, though. But LOL at her meeting Goto in his uniform.
Nov 1, 2013 4:56 PM

Sep 2011
KaedeKyl9 said:
why so hard to guess who her GF is? im pretty sure her name is Yassan, ¨Literature Girl¨ cuz his name is Hidenori Lol, and he didnt like his old surname so he changed to Goto before Virgin Power of his old classmates kills him

http://myanimelist.net/character/51015/Yassan
Oh christ it'd be genius if this was just a really well disguised sequel to daily lives

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 1, 2013 7:39 PM
Jul 2013
Stark700 said:

I was not expecting a 1 second yuri kiss this episode either

YUP, so was I.....

She needs to stop kicking people in the balls.

good episode
Nov 1, 2013 9:09 PM

Apr 2011
good things about this episodes:

1) new heroine

2) dick stomping

3) dat kiss

3) samurai flemenco is not weak anymore
Nov 1, 2013 9:17 PM

Nov 2012
The first episode made me think this is what Kick Ass would be if it was a light hearted comedy anime, but its actually coming true more and more. Samurai Flamenco has gotten good at taking a beating and Flamenco Girl is very skilled and very violent.

I'm not really sure where I saw this show going before, but I'm excited to see that Hazama is getting better at fighting and is actually saving people from criminals.

Was scared for him when he was caught by the thugs and was surprised by Flamenco Girl's debut.

Loved the part where he reveals his identity to her when she was just making a guess.
Also poor Goto got shocked and missed his date.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Nov 1, 2013 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
as expected, another hero appeared but a more violent and crazy one

luckily Mari did not step on Goto when he was down...
Nov 2, 2013 12:28 AM

Jul 2012
I really like Mari, and yet I can't stand Flamenco girl. Does that make any sense?

Other than that, good episode. Hope that Hazama stops with this side-kick business and goes back to being a real hero. I really can't stand this decoy thing at all.

Though I'm glad he's not weak anymore. When he knocked out that purse snatcher I was jumping from excitement!
Nov 2, 2013 12:46 AM
Feb 2011
Absolutely can't stand Mari or Flamenco Girl. I wanted to punch that girl in the face because she's that annoying! Don't like the direction the show is going in by pushing Masayoshi to the side and making him look like a joke. And now Mari has a crush on Goto, oh god just shoot me now. I wonder if I'll be watching this show for much longer...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.