Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2013 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
very good loving how this is going, It could be slightly more action-packed however tensions are rising, I love how the Merchant is actually so evil is some aspects being willing to near starve the people to make more money.

A war is brewing however the Hero is still determined to be peaceful and try and limit the causalities, a medieval Gandhi in some aspects.

Where is my Red Dressed Heroine, I miss her dearly and some random flash backs don't cut it for me, it's all good giving us some dragon tailed substitute but she is meant to be the main character and we just don't see her.

Overall great episode though as always
"If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"
Mar 17, 2013 2:04 AM

Feb 2013
Loving how this series is turning out. Only 2 more eps left and i think it's going to be a crazy rush of details from now on.
Mar 17, 2013 7:27 AM

May 2010
I still remember the first episode & i think that this series has lost one thing that is "comedy"
Mar 17, 2013 7:41 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was okay, hope the Demon King is back in the next episode.
Mar 17, 2013 10:32 AM
Dec 2012
eminagnam said:
It was enjoyable. Merchant did a good job. The idea of future transaction is nice.

Never imagined salt was so precious in the underworld.

I was confused at the library scene. Was it a flashback? Maou was talking as if she had not met Yuusha yet.
My thought exactly
Mar 17, 2013 2:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I get the feeling they might need a second season. Otherwise its going to be a rushjob to get this done.

Oh , Maoyuu you cradle snatcher you!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 17, 2013 3:54 PM

Jul 2010
I wonder if they'll able to hold out and change the situation now that Maou isn't here.

According to the flashback Maou is much older than Yuusha. Maybe demons just age slower?

Mar 17, 2013 8:43 PM

Jul 2009
Trav644 said:
One thing bothering me through this whole episode, and ever since i watched this episode...
Did anyone notice in the the flashback when she said that the Hero was ONE of TWO LIVING SINGULARITIES..? So whos the second, and just what exactly are they?

Maou. The 2 Living Singularities are the Maou (Demon King - Singularity of the Demon World) & Yuusha (Hero - Singularity of the Human World).
Mar 18, 2013 2:37 AM

Nov 2011
Maid Chou used to be pretty hot, it seems.
Mar 18, 2013 4:53 AM
Mar 2012
maybe the most boring episode so far. i'd bdsm young maid so much, though.
Mar 18, 2013 7:39 AM

Sep 2011
twintail Maou is so damn cute
Mar 18, 2013 7:50 AM
Dec 2012
This episdoe can compete with S&W economics-wise. Wish the anime had more than 4 cour. It has so many potentials one cour is not enough.
Mar 20, 2013 3:34 AM

Jul 2011
I still can't understand what the merchant is trying to do. I know that he just wants to get rich, but then what was the point in that speech with the hero?
Mar 20, 2013 3:36 AM

Jul 2011
cephilis said:
Younger Maou wanted to bang Yuusha even as a baby..

It seems that she has stalked him since then lol.
Mar 21, 2013 1:31 AM
Jan 2013
Axxen said:
So a lot of you seem to be wondering what the Merchant is up to, well lets go over what some parts of his plan are:
Hes buying up all Central nations wheat, while also giving out these future transactons which will flush the Central nobles with spare cash. The nobles will then use the cash to quickly fund an army to fight the Southern nations (This part requires timing, since they will have made an army right as Winter begins)

Now all Southern nations have to do is stall them, and have winter do their work for them, and the Central army will have no wheat to use for food for their army (Since Merchant bought them all up) and they'll have no gold to buy more wheat (they spent it all on their army and wheat prices have skyrocketed)

An army, fighting without food AND in a snowy winter climate will be forced to retreat until warmer climates, which will buy Southern nations time until Demon Queen comes back......and ALL of this plan is happening while Merchant is making a ton of cash.

This post should answer your question. War without food/resource are bound to lose.

Basically the merchant is not entirely allied with the hero, because a merchant doesn't care about the peace or stability of countries. As history has shown, Wars boost the economy. But he also know the Central Nation will likely lose the War given winter is coming(Napoleon, WWII), so he sort of plan to make a fortune while indirectly helping the Southern Nation. He said in the episode he is interested in seeing the Southern Nation's actions after his scheme, because he's expecting a great show. Although the situation is more advantegous for the Southern Nation, the result could still go both ways, so he's basically interested in how the hero/maou will handle this situation.
Mar 21, 2013 4:40 AM
Mar 2013
If the lords refuse to pay the Alliance newly harvested wheat or other crops that were sold in advance, the Alliance doesn't have military power to collect them forcibly. In the earlier episode, a lord, after the contract to sell his wheat, sneered and murmured to himself that he would just ignore it even after the time for payment.; it was nothing but a piece of paper.

Then, is the Alliance going into bankruptcy?

htsujiMar 21, 2013 6:03 AM
Mar 21, 2013 5:46 AM
Mar 2013
By the way, while Demon King as an economist, has been studying the structure and history of the war economy on their world, Young Merchant invented a new way of an economic war to weaken the influence of central countries and the Church. I feel it a bit bitter, ironic yet funny.
When he refferd to the plot as "waltz", it reminded me of the word by Citigroup‘s chief executive. “As long as the music is playing, you’ve got to get up and dance,” he told The Financial Times on someday in 2007.
Mar 21, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2008
htsuji said:
If the lords refuse to pay the Alliance newly harvested wheat or other crops that were sold in advance, the Alliance doesn't have military power to collect them forcibly. In the earlier episode, a lord, after the contract to sell his wheat, sneered and murmured to himself that he would just ignore it even after the time for payment.; it was nothing but a piece of paper.

Then, is the Alliance going into bankruptcy?

Well, this certainly makes things more interesting.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Mar 21, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! I really loved the Merchant's plan ... that kind of tricky stuff with manipulating the economy and such really got me XD He was the focus of this episode wasn't he ... and the Dragon Princess (?) came to speak to him about getting salt as well ... huh! :O I like how he knew it was Hero's plan right away lol :P
We see some of Demon King's past too ... and ... is that the Head Maid?! O_O She looks so different! Her voice too ... wow, how times have changed :P
So looks like war is coming ... uh oh! :O So I wonder if the Winter King can control the weather then? :O
Mar 25, 2013 10:30 PM
Mar 2009
Goes to show just how powerful Union is in influencing just about everyone and everywhere.

Felt it was a tad slow since there's only two episodes left...and I have no idea how they'll end this.
May 3, 2013 6:42 PM

Jan 2012
wish this was 24 episodes or something i have a feeling these last two episodes are either gign to be rushed or just plain bad :( but i do hope im wrong and they can give it an ending it deserves such a shame it isn't longer
May 3, 2013 7:54 PM

Nov 2008
Marow said:
This show becomes better when it focuses on Merchant.
cephilis said:
ihateeveryone said:
I was so close to dropping this, so close. The only thing that keeps me up is the fact that there's only two episodes left.
May 8, 2013 7:15 AM

Jun 2008
This show really has set itself up for an exciting conclusion. Maou will be coming back hopefully next episode just as the fit hits the shan. Greed, idealism, and power are all converging here to make the world erupt into war. And on top of that we've got the Azure Demons just hanging out, waiting to pounce.

This show had a slow start, and it was very much average for the most part, but between last episode and what could happen in the next 2 my opinion has increased dramatically. No, this episode was just okay but it had to set the plate for what's coming up next and it's hard for any show to do that in an exciting way.
May 21, 2013 12:05 PM

Feb 2012
So Maou knew Yuusha would come all those years later. That's sweet and creepy at the same time.
May 24, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2012
That backstory on the demon kind was quite nice, it was fun to see her and the maid being so young :p

The economies and resources sure are crashing, a war to be fought for it, well lets see what this will lead to!
Jun 10, 2013 3:06 AM
Jul 2018

That merchant, wanting to take over everything.
Another war is breaking in. I hope Maou will finish her renewal.
Jun 21, 2013 8:08 PM
Feb 2009
come on now 2 more episodes left wtf I wish it was longer :/
Jun 26, 2013 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Boring episode ... meh , it will probably get better ... at least that's what I'd like to think .

mmm i felt the same way, but i always enjoy seeing the Dragon Princess.
:D
Dec 2, 2014 4:40 PM

Oct 2013
that entire episode i though she was going to fucking die damm they had me on the edge of my seat good episode great dialogue great episode
[/quote]
Nov 2, 2015 8:46 AM
May 2015
Another great episode. This anime is low ranked on MAL but it is actually very good, it deserve higher ranking.
Dec 1, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2013
I have to admit I didn't get everything they said this episode, but it was still a nice watch.
Mar 31, 2018 6:52 PM

Nov 2010
Really enjoyed the macroeconomic aspects of this episode.

With the merchant utilizing currency devaluation and inventing 'futures'.
Great episode!
Feb 15, 2019 2:52 AM

Aug 2017
I'm not bothering to comprehend the economic and trade stuff here. At this point I just want more blonde knight fanservice. Her shower and harem scenes are the high points of this anime. When the serious guys come on things go downhill.
TragicRomance said:
I still remember the first episode & i think that this series has lost one thing that is "comedy"
Agree. Started out fun but isn't fun anymore.
CarbonMDFeb 15, 2019 3:08 AM
Apr 4, 2019 12:20 PM
Mar 2018
Is this anime actually about the board game Stratego? Because in this episode it pretty much looks like it.

Also that mage girl is a real mcguffin we haven't even really seen yet...
DonTrumpolinoApr 4, 2019 12:23 PM
Jul 7, 2019 1:15 AM

Sep 2012
zombiepika said:
UnbornMVs said:
Boring episode ... meh , it will probably get better ... at least that's what I'd like to think .

mmm i felt the same way, but i always enjoy seeing the Dragon Princess.
:D

something about her is luring 😁

Jul 30, 2020 8:20 AM
Feb 2020
kickmesign said:

honestly that kinda just ruined the romance in this anime for me. Here i was thinking they were the same age and knowing that shes basically more than twice his age really ruins the romance..
Oct 7, 2020 12:31 AM

May 2020
Merchant is smart than I thought. As always Yuusha said always imagining on him. The war will coming soon
Apr 13, 2021 1:02 PM

Sep 2012
kickmesign said:

Notifications said:
kickmesign said:

honestly that kinda just ruined the romance in this anime for me. Here i was thinking they were the same age and knowing that shes basically more than twice his age really ruins the romance..

she imagined doing it with future him sins she has seen clips of the future about him, its not like she wanted to bang him as a baby

and second u take this way 2seriously lol
Jan 3, 2022 8:27 AM
May 2020
The merchànt has a plan
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

219 by mogneto »»
Sep 18, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

13 by zazo_Zero_2 »»
Aug 17, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

465 by PankesuPlease »»
Jul 13, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.