Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 21, 2013 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh dear, is Kaito having some delusional thoughts of Mizuka? He couldn't save her back then.. Yup, looks like it to me:

Overall, a good episode imo and I liked the more interactions between Kaito and Aki this week. I haven't seen that in awhile.

The exoskeleton for Sumeragi looks kinda cool imo. Dem robot conventions. I originally thought something was going to go wrong there but seems everything was alright. I loved that cliffhanger at the end this episode. Can't wait to see what's coming next~

Feb 21, 2013 9:54 AM
Dec 2012
Misaki in danger. What happened to her? Should I say RIP Misaki in advance? Can't wait for next episode.

She and Akiho remind me of Mozart and Salieri from Amadeus. But I hope Akiho will make a successful career in the future like the MC of October Sky did.
eminagnamFeb 21, 2013 10:00 AM
Feb 21, 2013 3:38 PM

Aug 2011
SHIP. SO. HARD.

CAN'T.

I THINK THE KAI X AKI MOMENTS IN THIS EPISODE WERE MY FAVOURITES.

Wow this was an interesting episode. I guess Kai still hasn't gotten over Mizuka's death D: He even has nightmares about it. I'm glad Aki's there to support him though.

I honestly can't read Misaki. I don't THINK she hates Aki, but then she always acts like it sigh. I guess she's just trying to protect Aki in her own way?

Who got shot? (Putting my money on Aki. Or maybe they're trolling and no one really got shot. Or maybe that guy who's shooting got shot. I don't think it's Kai though. And Misaki's already pretty much around the corner so that wouldn't be an easy aim)
Feb 21, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Misaki looks strange in the last minutes, as if she was a robot. Maybe because she knew she was in danger, so she has decided to be replaced by a robotised version of herself. And now, the world has Ko Kimijima's reports, but it don't have a clue what to do with -__-
Feb 21, 2013 6:50 PM

Jun 2011
The turnabout is finally here. Who got shot? =)
Feb 21, 2013 7:59 PM

Feb 2012
Damnit I hate cliffhangers like that!

Waiting a week is suffering :(
Feb 21, 2013 8:05 PM

May 2011
I liked the Akiho x Kai moments, those were incredibly sweet. I hope that guy has good enough aim. :P
Feb 21, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2011
I didn't feel the tension in the gun scene, neither fear. I like the show but it I start to feel that this will be another anti-climatic moment... I hope not.
Feb 21, 2013 8:48 PM
Jul 2012
Intereo said:
I didn't feel the tension in the gun scene, neither fear. I like the show but it I start to feel that this will be another anti-climatic moment... I hope not.

yeah, was shocked to hear the gunshot myself a little bit, thought hed, i dunno lower the gun an chase after her?

so hm..
-shot misa
-aki got in the way
-kai got in the way or pushed the gun
-or someone else showed up at the last second
Feb 21, 2013 8:51 PM
Jul 2012
Damn, Robotics;Notes did this twice shit gets real at the end of the episode leave me waiting for next week :(
Feb 21, 2013 8:58 PM

Jul 2009
meh
not really interested in the sister. she seems like a stuck up bitch anyway.

Again,

WHEN'S THE WORLD GOING TO END?!
Feb 21, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
UtsukushiiYume said:
SHIP. SO. HARD.

CAN'T.

Totally! Thank you Michie for creating the scene! XD
I like Aki's outfit in the second half!

Oh no, cliffhanger again! It turns out that R;N is the series that I'm looking forward the most every week now!
Feb 21, 2013 9:21 PM

Oct 2010
dat cliffhanger and so many unasnwered questions... QQ
Feb 21, 2013 9:25 PM

Oct 2011
I'm pretty sure he missed, or something got in the way. It'd feel off if Misaki was killed off like that without answering any of Akiho's or Kai's questions.
Feb 21, 2013 9:58 PM

Jan 2013
How lame they stayed up playing video games on their tablets all night.
I wanted to see them in bed cuddling!!

Other then that, I loved the episode.
Feb 21, 2013 9:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
SHIP. SO. HARD.

CAN'T.

I love them <3 Even though it seems they will never be more than childhood friends (hopefully I'm wrong), I love their relationship!

Man, the cliffhanger from the last episode made it seem like a huge deal...but didn't seem like it in this episode. In fact, there was only one moment that mentioned the reports =_= I mean, Misaki also told Kai to be careful with them, but it didn't wreak havoc or anything since people thought it was a prank. Meh. I should've expected it not be a very big deal because it seems most of the time when thing gets serious in this anime, it reverts back to a lighter mood (not that it's bad). But surely the next will be intense, not in the action kind of way, but in the way that we will learn more about what really happening. I wonder why that guy shot Misaki (or tried to). Who is really the bad guy here? So many questions...so many. I need answers.

Nevertheless, it's sad that people don't care about Gun-Pro 2 just because it's Gunvarrel. They put so much effort into the robot, yet people are judgemental against the design...if this was a debate of audience vs. Gun-Pro 2, I would say that the audience committed a logical fallacy of ad hominem.
Feb 21, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2012
I really can't get where this is going, the narrative feels all over the place, and it seems that lots of questions will be left unanswered.
Feb 21, 2013 10:41 PM

Sep 2011
Can't stop grinning at the beginning but WTF at the end.

Feb 21, 2013 10:44 PM
Mar 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Can't stop grinning at the beginning but WTF at the end.

yup, this is one anime that in the end of each episode i go "what the F is going on?"
"....i am the villain in this story"
Feb 21, 2013 11:00 PM

Jan 2011
I seriously LOVE how these last few episodes of Robotics;Notes have ended on a serious tone with these cliffhangers. I mean I really enjoyed the episode especially with those Aki x Kai moments and GunPro-2 getting some recognition and is actually quite successful. However, the ending was such a "HOLY SHIT!" moment. Misaki was wearing a powered suit and I was like 'looks like she's going to some more robot demonstration'. Then Toshiyuki appears with a gun and epic music comes on. Got me so fucking hyped. This is why I love Robotics;Notes. Sucks for those who dropped this anime. <3
Feb 21, 2013 11:04 PM

Jun 2011
samurai1993 said:
I really can't get where this is going, the narrative feels all over the place, and it seems that lots of questions will be left unanswered.

It will be a rollercaster till the end from now on. And all questions have an answer, hopefully.
Feb 21, 2013 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
aw man i wish the ending had a bigger impact on me if the gun wasn't focused on Misaki but on Kai and Aki just kinda felt like the 3rd party not having a clue why he was after her lol still looking forward to the outcome

But wtf they barely mentioned the Report leakage didn't they
Feb 21, 2013 11:10 PM

Feb 2012
Damn cliff hangers!!! Misaki might be working with kimijima, than again I think that is just a robot who gets shot in the end not Misaki, can't take another crazy cliffhanger, we all know there's going to be one every ep. @lindsayzz yep sucks for those people who dropped it love robotics;notes
Feb 21, 2013 11:18 PM

Mar 2012
Kansokusha said:
samurai1993 said:

It will be a rollercaster till the end from now on. And all questions have an answer, hopefully.

Steins;Gate was a roller coaster, but this thing is just all over the place at this point. I was particularly dissapointed at how they handled the whole monopole thing: we have the first one falling from the sky at one episode, and then no one mentions it til' we found out they've been falling from the sky all this time! Also, the almost-no-mention of the report leakage was a little weird.

Sure, the story can be thrilling at some moments, but you can't have a good setting/story made just of cliffhangers; you need a good, solid backend, and in that aspect R;N isn't delivering.

I really hope, for the sake of this anime, that they found a way to handle the things and give this a good finale, because the characters are really endearing. I still have high hopes for this, even if they have only 4 eps to wrap things up.
Feb 21, 2013 11:27 PM

Dec 2011
That was so romantic! The Gunvarrel AR it is...

And that escalated quickly. With that gun. Ooh. Just what the heck is about Misaki?? I wanna know.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2013 11:33 PM
Jan 2013
samurai1993 said:
Kansokusha said:
samurai1993 said:

Steins;Gate was a roller coaster, but this thing is just all over the place at this point. I was particularly dissapointed at how they handled the whole monopole thing: we have the first one falling from the sky at one episode, and then no one mentions it til' we found out they've been falling from the sky all this time! Also, the almost-no-mention of the report leakage was a little weird.

Sure, the story can be thrilling at some moments, but you can't have a good setting/story made just of cliffhangers; you need a good, solid backend, and in that aspect R;N isn't delivering.

I really hope, for the sake of this anime, that they found a way to handle the things and give this a good finale, because the characters are really endearing. I still have high hopes for this, even if they have only 4 eps to wrap things up.

Yeah i agree with this. I was expecting something crazy to happen after the spread of the reports, but really nothing. Was waiting all week in excitement because of that cliffhanger, and it didn't deliver.

When i was watching at the start of this episode, i was wondering if i skipped an episode.
It just jumps off anything serious and goes to another problem. Hopefully something results from this cliffhanger.

The Kai and aki stuff was cute though, but Kona still wins my heart <3
Feb 21, 2013 11:41 PM

Aug 2011
Another great episode, glad to see the Robot is back and punching! Genki punch! Made the episode so entertaining! Also Michie for hooking up Aki and Kai in a DOUBLE bed room, and he even calls them to restrain themselves! LOL. The romance between Aki and Kai has somewhat got more close to each other and seeing them being together for this episode is sweet.

Kinda disappointed to see the Koujima Reports didn't get that much attention in this episode though, even though it was broadcast on the news, it doesn't look like Kai has grasped the seriousness of this delicate matter. Well we will probably see more of it in the next episode.

Now that Misa and Kai had a chat in the car, Misa seems to have her mind occupied on something else that is really important for her to not spill it out, and her boss seems to have caught up on something that she is working on. Dat cliffhanger we see that the episode ends with a gunshot has happened too often for me, damn it! I hope nobody was hit, or maybe Aki got in the way? Dreadful thoughts! >_>
Feb 21, 2013 11:43 PM

Jun 2011
samurai1993 said:
Kansokusha said:
samurai1993 said:

One of the criticism of the original VN is that the turnabout was set too late into the story. And FYI, in the VN they discovered that the monopoles fall from the sky deal to the adjustment of that radio tower. Since then they had gathered monopoles from the same spot everyday. Like S;G, the anime team has cut most of the scientific explanations, almost making the Science ADV Series into the Kids ADV Series.

And please don't worry about the finale, because it's where R;N shines. It will surely be a good raid. =)
Feb 21, 2013 11:54 PM

Mar 2012
Kansokusha said:
samurai1993 said:
Kansokusha said:
samurai1993 said:

One of the criticism of the original VN is that the turnabout was set too late into the story. And FYI, in the VN they discovered that the monopoles fall from the sky deal to the adjustment of that radio tower. Since then they had gathered monopoles from the same spot everyday. Like S;G, the anime team has cut most of the scientific explanations, almost making the Science ADV Series into the Kids ADV Series.

And please don't worry about the finale, because it's where R;N shines. It will surely be a good raid. =)

Took note of that, I'll have your words in mind :P and hopefully the anime team will deliver.
I never doubted of the VN's quality though! I'm sure all the details are there... I kind of get why the anime production left the scientific points out, but to ignore almost all the monopole gathering part was really lame in the storytelling department.
Feb 21, 2013 11:58 PM

Jan 2012
Ore wa CYBORG.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 22, 2013 12:03 AM

Nov 2011
another timeskip

duh
Feb 22, 2013 12:40 AM

Nov 2011
Wasn't that Misaki secretly piloting the SUMERAGI? If so, I seriously doubt she's going to die before getting back inside that thing.
Feb 22, 2013 12:53 AM
Aug 2011
So bad. Those guys almost hurt Aki very seriously, could have even caused her death.
Afterwards, no shock, no fear, no emotions. That's bad writing right there.

Everything else was good enough though.

3/5 - True route = Kai x Aki
Feb 22, 2013 2:24 AM

Sep 2011
i should get used to these cliffhangers in this series but i just can't *sighs*
i didn't really get at the end tho : i thought he was threatening Aki and Kai but he shots that bitchy sis instead? idk

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
So bad. Those guys almost hurt Aki very seriously, could have even caused her death.

yes! i was like WTAF :/
Feb 22, 2013 2:33 AM

Nov 2011
The bullet misses everyone.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 22, 2013 2:42 AM

Jan 2013
Is it just me, or did R;N just stop bothering to make basic sense?

Ooh look- a news report about the Kajima reports. Weren't there concerns & warnings? That's it. No biggie. 'cause
Get closer to Akiho- agree to stop doing thing alone, kinda.
Confront Misaki. Get no answers, but get a ride to get... more 'no answers.' Tell her crap she doesn't need to know, 'cause.
Tiny followup on Airi - she apparently should know the weather- 'cause
Gunvarrel is now hated by 'ALL the peoples',(except that one kid) 'cause
Try to stop Akiho, by not telling her things she should know- 'cause.
Misaki- still a bitch. Won't even look at her sister- she at least gave Kaito a ride.
Holdup behind the scenes- literally... 'cause?
Run away- try to outrun a bullet & abandon kids to a gunman... 'cause

Though I wouldn't call this nonsense or random- why tell all these episodes of story to set things up if they're just going to ignore it all at the end?

The monople based robot is tiny compared to everything- even the girder bending robot. Didn't we get told about size to power robot limits? What happened with that?
All those warnings from Misaki- the reports are out anyway, and now she's the one they want to shoot?
Whatever happened to the brain washing/kidnapping/cheating conspiracy?

I have no idea where this is going because it's pretty much ignoring most everything it set up so far. I'm so hoping it knits together soon.
If you aren't watching Zetsuen no Tempest (Civilization Blaster), you should be. Brilliant writing with legit plot twists.

Just finished blog entry 'Japanese Authors Take Heed' Series (JATH)! Entry 03: Proactive Villains, Reactionary Heroes'.
Feb 22, 2013 3:06 AM
Feb 2013
bloggbigg said:
Is it just me, or did R;N just stop bothering to make basic sense?

Ooh look- a news report about the Kajima reports. Weren't there concerns & warnings? That's it. No biggie. 'cause
Get closer to Akiho- agree to stop doing thing alone, kinda.
Confront Misaki. Get no answers, but get a ride to get... more 'no answers.' Tell her crap she doesn't need to know, 'cause.
Try to stop Akiho, by not telling her things she should know- 'cause.
Misaki- still a bitch. Won't even look at her sister- she at least gave Kaito a ride.

Though I wouldn't call this nonsense or random- why tell all these episodes of story to set things up if they're just going to ignore it all at the end?

The monople based robot is tiny compared to everything- even the girder bending robot. Didn't we get told about size to power robot limits? What happened with that?
All those warnings from Misaki- the reports are out anyway, and now she's the one they want to shoot?
Whatever happened to the brain washing/kidnapping/cheating conspiracy?

I have no idea where this is going because it's pretty much ignoring most everything it set up so far. I'm so hoping it knits together soon.

I think you should re-watch the series.

And? Talk about things already happen and guess about things that gonna happen. Tons of story come out everyday like that. Nothing come in yet, what are you expecting? The fact it got on the news already big enough, pzz.
Yo, because she doesn't match with what AiriAI said before. An AI shouldn't know how to lie, yes? So what happening here? Is he really the first one to visit her?
Why not? He isn't a mass murderer and He is aiming for her anyway, leaving Aki and Kai there won't be a problem. She already show her heartless side to him (or pretent to) so there will be a very low chance for him to take hostage. And why she run away? Well... cause the character has something to do?

They aren't ignore it, they just answer it in halfass-like manner.

IMO, of course.
Feb 22, 2013 4:54 AM

May 2009
Feb 22, 2013 6:15 AM
Nov 2012
Random question: Do the Visual Novels have Romance routes or something? I think we're missing something that made Steins;Gate so sweet (love in the air), but that may be just me.
GateLambdaFeb 22, 2013 6:20 AM
Feb 22, 2013 6:17 AM
Jul 2012
GateLambda said:
Random question: Do the Light Novels have Romance routes or something? I think we're missing something that made Steins;Gate so sweet (love in the air), but that may be just me.

You mean Visual Novels, and I don't believe so.
Feb 22, 2013 6:21 AM
Nov 2012
JavierR said:
GateLambda said:
Random question: Do the Light Novels have Romance routes or something? I think we're missing something that made Steins;Gate so sweet (love in the air), but that may be just me.

Hehe, yeah. And that's a shame :/
Feb 22, 2013 6:28 AM

Sep 2012
bloggbigg said:

Have you even payed attention to any episode so far?
Feb 22, 2013 6:41 AM

Jan 2012
Haters gonna hate =(
Feb 22, 2013 6:59 AM

Aug 2012
Again such a great episode, I thought Mr Weird Hairuct and Misaki were working with eachother, I wonder why he is now pointing a gun at her, I don't think she's dead, injured at most, she looked almost obscured from him as she was running away.
DStevFeb 22, 2013 7:19 AM
Feb 22, 2013 8:08 AM

Oct 2011
That cliffhanger!!! Please don't die Kai and Aki. TwT.
Feb 22, 2013 8:52 AM
Mar 2012
Took 18 episodes for Kai to start being interesting :/ There is no way this show is going to get him to C;H and S;G level main character in the next 4 episodes. Sigh...
Feb 22, 2013 8:54 AM

May 2009
GateLambda said:
JavierR said:
GateLambda said:

Hehe, yeah. And that's a shame :/

There is romance but it's small part of plot. True end of VN is Kai kissing
Feb 22, 2013 9:10 AM

Jun 2010
Getting intense each episode!
Feb 22, 2013 9:27 AM

Dec 2009
I liked the start, but the rest was just... confusing. The show feels rather disjointed.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 22, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2011
Glad to see that the real Airi is alive. And she remembers Kimijima Kou, that's interesting... I don't understand why Kai doesn't ask her for answers, if he really wants to know more about Kimijima...

Well, the robot expo part was very entertaining so far. And that cliffhanger at the end! I wonder if Misaki is injured...

And what happened to Frau, Subaru and Junna? Yes, they're in Tanegashima, but we'll see them again?
ClaraKujoFeb 22, 2013 10:35 AM
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

340 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

192 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

208 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

127 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jul 7, 8:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.