Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2012 8:56 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, weird as ever. I'm really loving this show; it's so filled with little subliminal messages ahaha.

Oh, and I just realized that the ending is from the same artist that did the ending for Azumanga Daioh. That makes me really happy :) OP's not bad either.

I'm excited to learn more about the poor red-haired girl!!

4/5 - Ave Maria cracked me up so hard :')
fishergirl16Jul 8, 2012 8:59 AM
Jul 8, 2012 8:57 AM

Aug 2010
The mc continues through the factory and is separated from the receptionist, her grandpa, and her assistant. She runs into the manager who also happens to know nothing about the leadership of the company. After that she meets the head of the company, and is a bunch of skinned chickens who are planning to take over the world by controlling the distribution of food. Right when she is about to meet her doom at the hands of the chickens the assistant shows up with his camera and the chickens run away because they don't want to be seen. The chickens eventually fall off a cliff and everything is back to normal once they save the fairies in the factory. Oh, and the mc's hair is alive.
Jul 8, 2012 9:37 AM

Nov 2007
Chickens are the boss for why humans are "suitai". Then lol @ the assistant on camera works!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 8, 2012 9:40 AM

Mar 2008
well, this is certainly the weirdest anime I've seen in a long, long time..
but it managed to make me laugh several times!
I love Watashi's character :3
Jul 8, 2012 10:06 AM

Jan 2008
Loved the head chicken's speech on domination over the humans and fairies, only to be ignored.

Chicken: The was important....

Well produced for rel
Jul 8, 2012 10:06 AM
Sep 2011
The threat of publicity is as effective as ever...

Looks like the fairies are quite the moneymakers, and quite tempting ones for what it's worth.
Seriously, the act the fairy accompanying the girl put up in order to sell the glasses was amusing to watch, including advertising and the usual fake "you will do yourself a favour by buying our product" message.

The director/manager of the company is appointed UNESCO CLT director at the same time and if this doesn't get the point across then the blatant hypocrisy in his words definitely should.
Jul 8, 2012 10:07 AM

Feb 2009
Them subs lol.
And I think I'm gonna pass on eating chicken for a while.
Great stuff though, this show.
Jul 8, 2012 10:13 AM

Dec 2011
I lol'd so hard during that skinned chickens speech and when the chickens were squirming in fear, yelling expletatives.
Jul 8, 2012 10:29 AM
Sep 2010
I originally thought I was going to drop this show, but it was very funny in episode 2, so I think I'll continue on watching it for now.
Jul 8, 2012 10:32 AM
Mar 2012
so *expletive* random, and I love it!
Jul 8, 2012 10:35 AM

Dec 2008
This anime is fantastic. I love how subtle it is regarding certain things, so it's fun when you notice them. Ave Maria was too funny and Watashi's comments are brilliant. The chicken scene..."FORNICATION! FEMALE DOG!" etc made me lol. Give me next episode!
Jul 8, 2012 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
Ok, i died of laugher.Ave Maria LMAO.First episode was IMO boring and i rated this anime 5/10, but after this one im changing it to 7, since this episode was actually epic xD.
Assistant is so badass with his randomness, and dark story.

AVEEE MARIAAA~
Jul 8, 2012 10:36 AM

Nov 2008
This anime feels like a drug induced nightmare, skinned chickens wanting dominion over all, I will make sure to stab any whole chicken from now on.

Jul 8, 2012 11:00 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this ep a lot...Watashi (main girl) is really lovable and funny

loved when the chicken said: "Welcome u yucky human" they judge creatures on their taste lol

When the chicken was finished from the speech...Watashi said: "so what were u saying" XD

The glasses can't translate swear word rofl

the slow-motion scene with the assistant and when bird were raining from the sky

lol her hair has its own mind

all in all this ep made me decide to follow, it was really good
Jul 8, 2012 11:05 AM

Oct 2011
Ave Maria... that was unique
like a lot of stuff in this episode

but it's best not to think too much about what is happening
with chickens planing to take over the world conclusions one can reach are terrifying
Jul 8, 2012 11:05 AM

May 2010
The humor is too crude for my liking at times (e.g. the picture book, or the chicken massacre), but other than that, i found this ep to be absolutely hilarious.
Especially those moments featuring Ave Maria.
Jul 8, 2012 11:19 AM

Dec 2009
Haha, I love this show. It's so weird in a good way.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 8, 2012 11:34 AM

Apr 2008
This show is so adorably cynical. I sort of love it. I don't think it's wrong to have Kino's Journey under the recommendations, though it's certainly not at that level. Might be a little closer to Zetsubou. Actually, what it really reminds me of is Gulliver's Travels. It's a very blatant political message wrapped in oddity and comical adventure.
Jul 8, 2012 11:40 AM

Oct 2010
There is almost too much stuff to comment on, the things I find amazing and remarkable are immediately forgotten in the moment of absurdity!

But, I am pretty sure those Ave Maria moments are a spoof on Cowboy Bebop, the shoot out at the church split up into three parts ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvxVFatmCE&feature=player_detailpage#t=231s ) . Although the music at that scene in Cowboy Bebop isn't Ave Maria, that music shows up elsewhere. But still! Every time Ave Maria plays, it's in slow motion, and the first time is a "shoot out" with the skinned chickens, then them falling, and lastly them falling through the church, completely with falling glass....
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 8, 2012 11:48 AM

Mar 2008
Bio said:
This show is so adorably cynical. I sort of love it. I don't think it's wrong to have Kino's Journey under the recommendations, though it's certainly not at that level. Might be a little closer to Zetsubou. Actually, what it really reminds me of is Gulliver's Travels. It's a very blatant political message wrapped in oddity and comical adventure.

I wrote the recommendation after the first episode, so I wasn't completely sure in which direction the anime will go but I felt like it was closest to it. Now, after having watched the second one I completely agree with you. Jinrui is kind of in a league of its own :p

RobUsaB said:

But, I am pretty sure those Ave Maria moments are a spoof on Cowboy Bebop, the shoot out at the church split up into three parts ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvxVFatmCE&feature=player_detailpage#t=231s ) . Although the music at that scene in Cowboy Bebop isn't Ave Maria, that music shows up elsewhere. But still! Every time Ave Maria plays, it's in slow motion, and the first time is a "shoot out" with the skinned chickens, then them falling, and lastly them falling through the church, completely with falling glass....

I thought the exact same thing!! Awesome that I'm not the only one, but I'm not sure if it's really referring to Cowboy Bebop.. would be awesome though:D
Jul 8, 2012 11:50 AM

Aug 2010
Loved this episode. Def one of the better anime this season. Laughed hard quite a few times. I love the MC and her narrating.

On a side note, when the chicken went over the cliff and the fairy suggested diving after them and the MC went "I cannot fly", I somehow had to think of Denpa onna O.o
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 8, 2012 11:54 AM

Oct 2010
precious said:
Bio said:

I wrote the recommendation after the first episode, so I wasn't completely sure in which direction the anime will go but I felt like it was closest to it. Now, after having watched the second one I completely agree with you. Jinrui is kind of in a league of its own :p

RobUsaB said:

I thought the exact same thing!! Awesome that I'm not the only one, but I'm not sure if it's really referring to Cowboy Bebop.. would be awesome though:D

There is enough shared imagery that you could make a good case that it is, but it's also pretty open. Definitely not a shot-by-shot spoof. But still, I was thinking "Cowboy Bebop" the very moment those chickens started fleeing the gun-camera, and to me the church sealed it.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 8, 2012 11:58 AM

Jun 2011
The Assistant has the best sense of humor, ever.
Jul 8, 2012 12:14 PM
Mar 2012
Geoff is evil :(
Jul 8, 2012 12:31 PM

May 2008
ha this is such a weird anime but it is funny
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Jul 8, 2012 12:42 PM

Dec 2009
Whereas the first episode was really struggling to give off a good idea of what to expect from this series, this episode certainly hit all the right marks. Lots of hilarious moments like the picture book story, the manager/director's plans to rise the corporate ladder, the translator glasses, the skinned chicken world domination speech and of course the use of Ave Maria. On top of that all the subtle metaphors regarding our own culture add an extra layer to the show. I have a new favorite for this season.
Ara ara.
Jul 8, 2012 12:45 PM

Jan 2011
This episode killed me of laughter..

ave maria everywhere..
and the end part after the ED made me laugh so hard..

"we'll be having weed soup for the rest of our life.. unless it rained birds"
"-seconds later chickens literally fall into the church-"
"It is raining birds!"

...all this with ave maria in the background..
rofl xD

not dropping this anime~ so not dropping it xDDD
Jul 8, 2012 1:02 PM

Mar 2012
Ave Maria, bobbing skinned chickens, that story, the assistant LOL. I love this anime now. The craziness of this I enjoy so much and I laughed so hard especially when the assistant took those shots and the slow motion xD
Jul 8, 2012 1:04 PM
Aug 2010
WOW great, I love it so mush because of random and funny.
Jul 8, 2012 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
I laughed at the end when Watashi's hair handed her brush. Watashi thought all along it was god ( pronounced kami) when in reality it was her hair ( also pronounced kami) who saved her.
Elite60Jul 8, 2012 1:12 PM
Jul 8, 2012 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
this show is the best of the season, seriously XD so incredibly funny.

I'm glad sentai licensed this cuz I will be buying it.

Ave Maria and skinned chickens, i will never forget that XD EVER
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 8, 2012 1:39 PM

Aug 2010
This episode is gold! LOL I love this anime and it's weirdness also the sarcasm behind it, the art is also good let's hope it keeps up!

ChaosKid said:
Ave Maria, bobbing skinned chickens, that story, the assistant LOL. I love this anime now. The craziness of this I enjoy so much and I laughed so hard especially when the assistant took those shots and the slow motion xD

True! Ave Maria makes everything in slow mo even more awesome XD
Jul 8, 2012 1:49 PM

Jul 2009
4/5
This is an odd anime, but it's still really good :D
Jul 8, 2012 2:07 PM

Aug 2010
HOOLY SHIT, that was glorious.
Next episode can't come soon enough.
Jul 8, 2012 2:12 PM

Feb 2012
Loving this for its weirdness.
Jul 8, 2012 2:23 PM

Sep 2008
Loved the music with the chicken and the story of those siblings.
Everything else I can't remember.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 2:27 PM

Oct 2010
Just remembered... I was wondering how much of that facility was inspired by Portal 2. Giant cubes suspended in the air of a giant facility connected by labyrinth of catwalks? Even kind of a lonely atmosphere, except for the singular idiot of a companion you come across sometimes... oh well just a thought.
Jul 8, 2012 2:32 PM

Jul 2011
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WATCHED
But that was awesome.

Along with the random craziness, there were some cool appointments about people who don't care for whom they work for and are obsessed in getting promoted.

Also, the skinned chickens, the Ave Maria, the living hair...
My jaw dropped while watching. xDD

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Jul 8, 2012 2:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
LOL episode.

Good stuff.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 8, 2012 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
Love this anime, has to be my favorite of Summer 2012 as of now, SAO doesn't seem like it can compare :p
Jul 8, 2012 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
This is easily my favorite airing show right now, and will probably end up one of my all time favorites if it keeps this up. I love the main character, I love the absurd setting, I love everything!
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jul 8, 2012 3:14 PM

Jun 2008
hahaha, this episode greatly improved my thoughts of this show;D

I still miss the bloody bread though XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 8, 2012 3:23 PM

Feb 2012
What the ass did I just watch? Oh man, definitely gonna keep watching this just to see what happens next. This episode is also a 3/5 for me - other than the weirdness, it's not very entertaining. But I'm certainly interested.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jul 8, 2012 3:27 PM

Feb 2011
This is one of the weirdest anime I have ever seen XD
Ave Maria FTW
Jul 8, 2012 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
ave maria was a nice touch......

the irony in this show is just too much.
Jul 8, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
Damn, this show is fantastic! The episode was terrific and hilarious, particularly during the second half. That had to be one of the best uses of Ave Maria ever.

The touches of cynicism throughout each episode have been handled extremely well, due mostly to the dichotomy between the whimsical appearance of the show and the rather dark comedy being portrayed.

This is by far the surprise of the season, and, along with Natsuyuki Rendezvous and SAO, one of the best!
Jul 8, 2012 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
NavyCherub said:
This is easily my favorite airing show right now, and will probably end up one of my all time favorites if it keeps this up. I love the main character, I love the absurd setting, I love everything!
Lets just hope the ending isn't rushed
Jul 8, 2012 3:50 PM

Sep 2011
This show is so awesome.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Jul 8, 2012 3:58 PM

Dec 2011
What did I just see? This anime is the epitome of surreal.
I guess we can call her Watashi.

I wonder when will those headless chicken will make an appearance again?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
Fiji said:
What did I just see? This anime is the epitome of surreal.
I guess we can call her Watashi.

I wonder when will those headless chicken will make an appearance again?
They are Mafia chickens who worship Hitler who cuss every second because they can because they are the epitome of badassness because they can and because they are fucking awesome because they can be because they want to.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

147 by Forum »»
Jul 31, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

93 by Rexnihilo »»
Jul 2, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

120 by Rexnihilo »»
Jul 2, 11:34 AM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jul 1, 2012

301 by Rexnihilo »»
Jul 2, 9:52 AM

» Chronological Order

komic - Sep 4, 2012

19 by P3TE »»
Jun 20, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.