Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 10, 2011 4:06 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Niizuma is excited about the pair's work, even before reading it. He's only interested in their work that he commented badly about other works.

Miyoshi also likes another work compared to Ottoman (now "Ten"). lol @ Saikou's comment about Shuujin's gag being old

That guy who didn't like the pair is in the same university and is also publishing?!

Editor in chief letting both works by the pair as one shots, to judge gag vs. serious is better from the readers. The only prob. with Future Watch is Characters... High expectation by the editors and wants at least 5th out of new works.

That guy who was paired with female mangaka is working with the two assistants of the pair and fell in love with the girl!

The assistant who applied also won. So the pair vs. the assistant who worked with the pair first? The gag battle. So they lost against him. Even though Serious one's better than gag one, the ranking themselves are not good.

The editor is going to do something again next ep?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 10, 2011 11:38 AM

Oct 2011
seems like they are going to cut out a side character/story
Dec 12, 2011 3:40 AM

Dec 2010
Future Watch's plot gave me a Mirai Nikki-feeling LOL.
KoizumiRisaDec 12, 2011 5:59 PM
Dec 12, 2011 1:16 PM

May 2009
(O_O)
TEN got #10 LOL!
Future Watch got #9 NOT expected!!!
Dec 12, 2011 1:37 PM

Aug 2010
Miura rubs me the wrong way, it's like he's big kid who's a fan of manga who somehow became an editor. It's quite obvious he doesn't have the right taste level to be anybody's editor. I'd like to see Ashirogi get a different editor (I really wish they'd get Hattori back). Miura seems like a humor type of guy so he can't really appreciate the more serious side to Ashirogi. I hope Future Watch gets serialized but then again maybe that's because I'm not a fan of gag manga/anime >.>

It's funny though because I was actually on Ashirogi's side this time when normally I think they're being crazy. I'm sure after reading both Hitman 10 and Future Watch a lot of editors are questioning Miura's taste as well.
Dec 12, 2011 1:56 PM

Aug 2011
._.
Dec 12, 2011 3:47 PM

Oct 2011
i never realy liked miura as much as hatori ,dont you think?
Dec 12, 2011 3:50 PM

Oct 2010
When will things ever work out for them!
Dec 12, 2011 4:29 PM

Jun 2011
Avato-chan said:
i never realy liked miura as much as hatori ,dont you think?

yehh not really a fan of miura's... ._.

but future watch only got 9th! hope miura's just lying to them lol
Dec 12, 2011 4:52 PM

Jul 2011
I feel kind of bad for Miura. From Miura's actions, it appears as though he is trying to push Ashirogi to what would be most successful. This episode mentioned JACK doesn't have many gag entries. By pushing Ashirogi into gag manga, they have a greater chance at being serialized and animated. Which would make sense, the editor is trying to get his client to be most successful. I think Miura has forgotten what made Ashirogi shine in the first place.

Now, with Future Watch coming in 9th... it's possible Miura had foresight on Ashirogi's limitations on their ability to produce a serious manga. And because of this, wanted Ashirogi to try something different. Either way I liked Hatori better.
Dec 12, 2011 5:49 PM

May 2010
One thing is certain, Miura must disappear...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 12, 2011 6:28 PM

Feb 2010
Confucius said:

this. lets make this happen.
Dec 12, 2011 6:55 PM

Feb 2010
Hahah, Niizuma in an episode is already win.
However.. Future Watch got 9th, only 1 off TEN's 10th. z0mg lets point the blaming finger!
Dec 12, 2011 7:15 PM

Feb 2011
Wow, Miura hate rises here, eh.
Always disliked him and his incompetence is shining even more in the anime adaption. But now I feel kinda bad for him (pretty hypocritic *cough*).

Ah well, the upcoming stuff is the weakest of the whole story anyway (even though it was needed, so no critic on Ohba).
Might just get it over with, without letting it get to me.
Dec 12, 2011 10:35 PM

Jun 2008
GreenLink said:
I feel kind of bad for Miura. From Miura's actions, it appears as though he is trying to push Ashirogi to what would be most successful. This episode mentioned JACK doesn't have many gag entries. By pushing Ashirogi into gag manga, they have a greater chance at being serialized and animated. Which would make sense, the editor is trying to get his client to be most successful. I think Miura has forgotten what made Ashirogi shine in the first place.

Now, with Future Watch coming in 9th... it's possible Miura had foresight on Ashirogi's limitations on their ability to produce a serious manga. And because of this, wanted Ashirogi to try something different. Either way I liked Hatori better.

This. I get the feeling he was playing the odds trying to give them a better shot at serialization since that's been their goal. I had a teacher in college - a screenwriter - who advised her students to either spend years perfecting their ideal script knowing it would take a lot of work and probably never be made, or write a below average horror flick or teen sex comedy and make an easy sell.

I like Miura well enough, but I don't think he's the right match for Ashirogi.
Dec 12, 2011 11:39 PM

Apr 2011
Was it just me or did this episode feel really rushed?
Dec 13, 2011 12:10 AM

Dec 2010
MusashiRose said:
Confucius said:

This, Hopefully Hattori becomes their editor again; I don't know why but even before the final results said it was 9th i never thought Future Watch would do good; i figured it would be better then TEN but not by much so it didn't surprise me. So this means that it won't get serialized right? because they were aiming for top 5, or was that more of a goal than a requirement?
Dec 13, 2011 2:37 AM

Nov 2011
Miharu-Kun said:

yep they cut many stuff from manga & not included one entry for monthly contest that niizuma likes other than ashirogi

this arc is the weak point of bakuman, glad the anime managed to make me entertain
I kinda feel bad for miura but truthfully he suck

oh well at least the eiji's part still the best X3
Dec 13, 2011 7:21 AM

May 2010
This ep is pretty entertaining.

I'm eager to see how will they overcome Miura's liking of gag mangas.

And LOL. Nakai's really funny. XD
Dec 13, 2011 12:32 PM

Oct 2011
arena149 said:
Miharu-Kun said:

yep they cut many stuff from manga & not included one entry for monthly contest that niizuma likes other than ashirogi

this arc is the weak point of bakuman, glad the anime managed to make me entertain
I kinda feel bad for miura but truthfully he suck

oh well at least the eiji's part still the best X3

yeah, they cut some stuff off, that's just some extra side entertainment, and competition, it's actually quite boring, but they cut it away in the anime,making it focus on ashirogi muto's new piece only, which is more entertaining.
Dec 13, 2011 5:24 PM
Oct 2010
Bakuman strikes and surprises me again...
I feel for Miura :( His authors dislike him (everyone does!), and they have all the reasons in the world for that. I can't help it, I pity him, he really seems to like the job...he's also stubborn and can't see he has a lot to learn...and has a crappy sense of humor! About Takagi and Mashiro...everyone is like... they're pros and everything, doing a big fuss and yeah they're awesome, great stories, true potential, but in the end, they're still novice gamblers D: I don't blame them for aiming high, they always did, right from the beginning, even knowing becoming a mangaka is not a piece of cake, on the contrary...
These 10th and 9th place were shocking.

Oh, Eiji was awesome as always, nice to see Fukuda, and lol @ Nakai - 'No problem sensei, I just need a razor.'

Dec 13, 2011 7:55 PM

Jan 2011
Nakai is in love once again.... poor guy, it take more than just a shave to give him a shot at adding to the gene pool....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 14, 2011 5:13 AM

Feb 2011
Felt rather fast paced, but good episode nevertheless. (Tho there were some parts where I felt a slight decrease in the art's quality)

4/5 from me.
Dec 14, 2011 6:52 AM
Dec 2011
Well obviously they won't go with TEN.
But I am interested in seeing what Miura will do next episode.
You think he's going to stay put as their editor?
Dec 14, 2011 9:37 AM
Jan 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
MusashiRose said:
Confucius said:

This, Hopefully Hattori becomes their editor again; I don't know why but even before the final results said it was 9th i never thought Future Watch would do good; i figured it would be better then TEN but not by much so it didn't surprise me. So this means that it won't get serialized right? because they were aiming for top 5, or was that more of a goal than a requirement?

I also do hope that Hattori becomes their editor again, besides, fatso ain't doing any good for them.
Dec 15, 2011 7:12 AM

Jul 2009
Miura is clearly designed to not be liked but I actually think he challenges Ashirogi to develop beyond their niche.
Dec 15, 2011 8:07 AM

Oct 2011
I think miura's existence is mainly for Ashirogi duo to mature and that there are different obstacles coming for them.
Dec 15, 2011 3:20 PM

Sep 2008
Fucking Nakai, get away from her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2011 10:15 PM

Nov 2007
Miura is so terrible, him loling at the bad jokes is amusing though.

fat pervert Nakai phase 2, eagerly waiting renditions of fat Nakai in the future
Dec 30, 2011 4:23 PM

Apr 2011
Miura can go suck cocks.
Jan 3, 2012 6:10 AM

Sep 2009
KoizumiRisa said:
That's what i think too XD I like this kind of story the best.

I think Miura and Ashirogi don't work well together. Hattori + Ashirogi = Best combination. Even any other editiors will be better than this newbie Miura who have bad taste. I know he's trying to help Ashirogi suceed, but he should respect the author's decision. He's just an editor. This is crazy.

I thought Nakai is the faithful type...looks like he just like any girl he see..
I wonder why Future watch did so badly :O
shinki7Jan 3, 2012 6:15 AM
Jan 14, 2012 12:55 AM

Oct 2010
Eiji is awesome as always.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jan 23, 2012 10:45 PM

Aug 2010
Something weird is going on...goddamn Miura take a hike!!
Feb 4, 2012 1:30 PM
Jan 2012
Miura is a hopeless :/
Feb 15, 2012 11:12 PM

Jan 2012
What happend??? Miura-san >__________<
Apr 5, 2012 9:25 AM

Jun 2009
.... I trusted Eiji... He have been dead accurate with everything he says when it comes to manga... He got it right again... BUT 9th?!?!

Wow... Are they trolled or something? Or is there a good work in the same issue overshadowed them?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2012 1:45 AM

Sep 2011
KoizumiRisa said:

Me too.

They need to stick to their original style, not liking this gag stuff to be honest.
Jul 1, 2012 4:21 AM

Dec 2007
9th ?! ouch !
Sep 16, 2012 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
It seems that they've lost a lot of their excitement compared to the first episode...

But yes, I don't like Miura either. Although he is trying his best, Hattori was a modest and understanding editor.

Wow, 9th place?!?! That was very unexpected! I would be near hopeless if I were them...
Sep 18, 2012 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
I guess I wasn't the only one who thought future watch wasn't good haha.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 1, 2012 9:52 AM

May 2011
That Miura really does need to drop out of the editor business, all he's doing is dragging down good mangakas. =/
Oct 4, 2012 12:56 PM

Jan 2011
I'm really hating Miura now, what a bitch! He's letting his personal taste interfere with what would otherwise be great works.
I hope they'll ignore Miura and get Future Watch serialized.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 14, 2013 7:25 PM

Jul 2012
Da Fuq is going on TEN placed in the tenth position, but Future Watch(Mirai Nikki, Steins;Gate and 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors mashup. This would be epic by the way) was only 9 even though it winned by far in the competition, what a letdown. I feel bad for Miura, but at the same time i want him to die a horrible death.

PS: Gotta love Niizuma's judgement and parciality when giving Ashirogi Muto almost 5 in every aspect of the manga except character(3), and saying that all others were BORING!!!!!. He must be their number 1 fan
May 27, 2013 2:05 PM

Jan 2013
They should just stop making manga
Sep 2, 2013 7:03 PM

Nov 2012
I don't think Future Watch rank was Miuras fault, I think it was the mangakas fault because didn't the committee mention that the characters they write are hard to connect with?
Sep 9, 2013 9:51 PM

Oct 2011
I don't think there is a good future as editor for Miura.. as sad as it sounds.

It's good that Future Watch ranked better than TEN but I didn't expect it to be only 9th. Maybe that's a hint for a Hattori comeback as their editor? It's probably as Eiji predicted, the readers probably don't really like what's inside Future Watch.. maybe you can't really understand it without a manga heart like what Eiji and Ashirogi have. :/
Dec 11, 2013 7:03 AM

May 2012
Oh wow, things sure don't look all too good but well let's see what's next!
Jan 21, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2012
Miura is pretty much screwing them over though in a way you kinda gotta feel sorry for the guy since his intentions are good. Kinda surprised Future Watch only ranked 9th, seems like neither of those one shots are going anywhere : /

HawthorneKitty said:
Fucking Nakai, get away from her.

Nakai is such a fucking creep, they try to make him look funny but he's just a desperate and creepy pedo/stalker.
Feb 2, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, everything is going wrong for our duo...

Seriously Nakai... Stop trying to hit young girl xD
He look like an awful pervert.

That horrible dumbass from their college is back... I hope he get humiliated somehow.

Mashiro and Takagi need to stop to doubt so much about Miura. I mean, they don't have to follow him blindly, but if they always go against their editor, they will only be going down.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 26, 2014 11:01 PM

Jul 2013
"What's nice is nice" I lol'd at their faces
Now I'm starting to wonder how Miura became an editor
and Nakai is so damn creepy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 10, 2012

99 by JavanyXD »»
Jul 14, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 14, 2012

123 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Jun 12, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2011

121 by tsog »»
May 28, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

73 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Apr 27, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2011

169 by LuffyetWade »»
Apr 16, 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.