Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2011 12:07 PM

Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
False alarm guys. No rape this episode.

- new opening
- Momoka has pink hair (looks kinda weird lol)
RainbowMagnetOct 20, 2011 12:51 PM
Oct 20, 2011 2:22 PM

Nov 2007
RainbowMagnet said:

False alarm guys. No rape this episode.

You must be kidding. Sure Ringo ended safe but loli-Yuri in the other hand... ;__;. This episode was wonderfully executed. 25 minutes and I don't give a damn anymore about Himari and the brothers. I just want Yuri to be reunite with Momoka again.

5/5 of course
Oct 20, 2011 2:50 PM

Dec 2010
NinaWolken said:
You must be kidding. Sure Ringo ended safe but loli-Yuri in the other hand... ;__;. This episode was wonderfully executed. 25 minutes and I don't give a damn anymore about Himari and the brothers. I just want Yuri to be reunite with Momoka again.

5/5 of course

I watched this raw, so I decided not post any other information before I was sure of what happened. I still don't get it really. What did her father say to her? I know it was something horrible because of her expression afterwards. It probably has something to do with her appearance.

Also is there an explanation to why Yuri could see Momoka burn in her dream? Or was it just coincidence?

Edit : Never mind, I found out already. I hope the father suffers, Yuri is the prettiest girl in the series. How dare he call her ugly T_T. Thank god Momoka was there to comfort her.
RainbowMagnetOct 20, 2011 2:59 PM
Oct 20, 2011 3:15 PM

Nov 2007
Ekutah said:
father is a sculptor, asks yuri do you like beautiful things, she of course says yes" father tells her she's REPULSIVE father starts sculpting her
I think, you'll still have to wait on real subs to confirm anything.

He says he wants to make her beautiful because he wants to "love her". All his sick talk was to convince Yuri she needed to be "fixed" so she could be loved. It's heavily imply he rapes her in the mean time he mutilates her (mother is gone, she is naked, the bed...)

I don't think I could rewatch those scenes a second time, that was sick.
Oct 20, 2011 4:03 PM

Oct 2010
This is just a start up of my experience with the double mindfuck effect this episode caused. I shall start with the one that most mind screwed me in point format
  • From the very start I knew something was up in the spoiler
    I mean Yuri naked and this tool with a window and the blue sky certainly a reference to perhaps freedom itself from the blue sky that most likely is being taken by that tool itself. So that was my first take on it.

• That is until I found out the truth of the father being a sculptor in the following spoiler
    now the belonging of the tool was obvious. I loved seeing young Yuri and her face was certainly a gentle face indeed. That is until he tells he hurtful things and as a result it Yuri tumbles down in the spoiler
    I shall never forget those eyes or hers. Most of all her mother’s picture too. I was totally in disbelief of what the father though of his wife. For all we know she might be dead not having left him. Also in the spoiler those birds for sure mean a bad omen if they are seen leaving the Church grounds and they are white doves. Furthermore it could be a sign of divorce. In thee end the bastard convinces Yuri with the way she is crying here to do anything for him. Can’t believe she got naked for her father just like that. I could understand a bath but this? Oh and WTF @ Yuri having that arm broken and being all sad. Some form of abuse is going here.

• At first I was surprised of Yuri’s blush here. It be honesty but in front of the father it just meant bad news and the ambiance here shown with how it is presented suggested 100% bad shit about to happen. In fact from how the tools here and when those tools were shown lined up and up close, it looked to me like the setup they used for torture tool introduction. It really gave me off that feeling exactly. Especially in the dark it was shown and tone it gave off. So again unbelievable as it is Yuri goes naked again in the spoiler
    this time more explicit as her private is shown a little on the side. Most of all was the tool presentation and shining reflect that reminded me of it being used more like knife to kill or torture. Furthermore the representation of the leg here most likely meant breaking it but the father might have restrained himself this time in only scrapping it as Yuri shown here having a bandage around her and up close it really is a bandage. So he could not have broken her leg but he wanted to most likely.

• As if that was not enough fucker hit her on the face from the looks of the bandage here on her face. What a piece of shit of a father. I would lock the shit up and make sure he dies in prison. Fucker deserves it at least to rot in prison. What happens there ain’t my problem. Furthermore that last tool he showed looked way more nastier and bigger than the other tools ever. That was bad. They even cut that part out.

• So I was worried about that then comes more Yuri naked stuff in the spoiler
    (can even see a full frontal) at least it proved all around her body that it did not look like there as a bruise nor any blood.
    So I think the rape was averted and perhaps that is why the one of Ringo may have been averted too.
NinaWolken said:
Ekutah said:
father is a sculptor, asks yuri do you like beautiful things, she of course says yes" father tells her she's REPULSIVE father starts sculpting her
I think, you'll still have to wait on real subs to confirm anything.

He says he wants to make her beautiful because he wants to "love her". All his sick talk was to convince Yuri she needed to be "fixed" so she could be loved. It's heavily imply he rapes her in the mean time he mutilates her (mother is gone, she is naked, the bed...)

I don't think I could re-watch those scenes a second time, that was sick.
Sick? That was fucking disgusting like no tomorrow. Yuri's dad can have my deepest hatred and is now on my hit list! Bastard piece of shit.

I don't think there is rape but 2 things:
1. Physical abuse with bone/skin damage (with the object he was using it is easy).
2. Physical humiliation with indecency at the very least.
The only thing I think he could do with the rape thing...you really want to know? spoiler just in case it's too descriptive
Still I don't think there was any rape because something that is repulsive cannot be loved therefore I doubt any sexual stuff would be involved. At the very least it's humiliation and physical abuse.

That bastard of a father. More later.
Yumekichi11Oct 21, 2011 4:28 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 20, 2011 4:19 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah what kind of father is that, that's why Momoka knew she would die and she sacrified herself to be able to save her.

Do not trust anymore, how are you going suvive without that?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 20, 2011 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
Blackbird said:
Yeah what kind of father is that, that's why Momoka knew she would die and she sacrified herself to be able to save her.
I don't know about the knew but she must have died on that hospital bed or something because she was clearly still alive and stable with Yuri at the end of the episode itself.

Oct 20, 2011 6:07 PM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Blackbird said:
I don't know about the knew but she must have died on that hospital bed or something because she was clearly still alive and stable with Yuri at the end of the episode itself.

Momoka didn't have to die to save Yuri, instead she became an human torch. It's unclear why, but that's the price she had to pay. Save a bunny = get a cut to your finger. Save a girl = take on fire. Sounds pretty random, but that's how it is.
As for Yuri, good for you if you don't think he raped her but that monster was so messed up I've a hard time believing he didn't do anything of that sort :/
Oct 20, 2011 6:47 PM

Oct 2010
NinaWolken said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Blackbird said:
Yeah what kind of father is that, that's why Momoka knew she would die and she sacrificed herself to be able to save her.
Momoka didn't have to die to save Yuri, instead she became an human torch. It's unclear why, but that's the price she had to pay. Save a bunny = get a cut to your finger. Save a girl = take on fire. Sounds pretty random, but that's how it is.
I see well that means that saving too much = death to you. It's kind of Darker than Black but with the price being heavier as to what you save.
NinaWolken said:
As for Yuri, good for you if you don't think he raped her but that monster was so messed up I've a hard time believing he didn't do anything of that sort :/
Same here, best try not too hard too think of it. That shit head would so have a gun to my face. Technically at my age I would just adopt Yuri and put that monster in jail to rot. Sure someone will do something once it comes out that mister though of her daughter and wife this along with hurting her daughter. Oh yeah, big shit for him in jail once things come to light.

Oct 21, 2011 12:08 AM

Jun 2008
New opening! Even though it's quite similar to the old one.

Well, guess our theory with Yuri's secret is quite some ways off... Yuri's dad is messed up DX Was he that way because Yuri's mother dumped him or something? (I think he said something about her being gone and Yuri being her mother's daughter). I thought the chisels were symbolic of sexual abuse as well, being sort of phallic-shaped and all. I guess childhood trauma is why Yuri prefers women? Or maybe she's bi.

Why was Shouma conveniently in the next room of the onsen? What a coincidence that he and his friend visited the same onsen that day...

At the end of the ep, I don't think Momoka died; it was before the subway incident (the incident happened during the day, and Momoka being taken in an ambulance was at night), so she had to come out of that alive. Momoka burning up reminds me of Ringo disappearing in flames in the opening. Foreshadowing that Ringo will sacrifice herself to save something or someone?

lol@ the fighting scene between Natsume and Yuri. They can jump down from several storeys and change along the way. At least Yuri is smart and just gave a decoy. Natsume's connection to all of this is still unclear.
Oct 21, 2011 3:32 AM

Oct 2010
MapleRose said:
Was he that way because Yuri's mother dumped him or something? (I think he said something about her being gone and Yuri being her mother's daughter).
That would explain things but as to why she left Yuri with him is another story. She should have taken her. Therefore I think it's more death than anything else. Yuri's mother may have passed away. If she did not then she is a bad mother to leave her child with him.
MapleRose said:
I thought the chisels were symbolic of sexual abuse as well, being sort of phallic-shaped and all. I guess childhood trauma is why Yuri prefers women? Or maybe she's bi.
Yeah I though so too with the window and all but there was sound he was sculpting and only bruises on Yuri's body so the sexual stuff is totally not shown or it never happened.
MapleRose said:
At the end of the ep, I don't think Momoka died; it was before the subway incident (the incident happened during the day, and Momoka being taken in an ambulance was at night), so she had to come out of that alive.
Yeah but to only be killed again on the subway? Perhaps that would explain why the parents are devastated. She survived something only to die in something else.
MapleRose said:
Momoka burning up reminds me of Ringo disappearing in flames in the opening. Foreshadowing that Ringo will sacrifice herself to save something or someone?
I am hoping not and it's some super power.

Oct 21, 2011 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome episode, though I was disappointed how the Ringo rescue was handled after all that suspence, and Shouma's presence in the next room was quite contrived. It would've been better if the Yuri/Masako fight took place at the begining and then Shouma shows up.

It turns out Momoka is the girl that Sanetoshi was reminiscing about who's possibly the princess of crystal. I wonder whose soul is possessing Mario. Unlike the previous episode, my medicore Japanese knowledge didn't help with figuring out the dialogue between Yuri and her father, but the symbolism could be referring to child abuse.

Loved the new OP, especially the part where Tabuki was subserviently kissing Momoka's foot; can't wait to see what's Tabuki's real role in all this.
removed-userOct 21, 2011 3:41 AM
Oct 21, 2011 9:16 AM

Jun 2008
Raven_Shinobi said:

It turns out Momoka is the girl that Sanetoshi was reminiscing about who's possibly the princess of crystal.

This.

Momoka has the same eye color than the penguin hat, so, it really must be her.
which means almost everyone is a pedo in this anime (Yuri/Tabuki/Sanetoshi/Kanba...)

Great episode. Loved Shouma trying to save Ringo and failing miserably, LOOOL.
I feel sorry for Yuri and Tabuki now. It seems those two got together because they both still love Momoka. Also i wonder from where it comes Tabuki´s scar on his hand.
And Masako vs Yuri was EPIC.

oh damn, i want a subbed version. i need to re-watch this;D

p.s- and in the OP, a shadow couple is dancing. Its Himari and her destined person? or Himari and Kanba?
OrulyonOct 21, 2011 9:23 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 21, 2011 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
Orulyon said:

p.s- and in the OP, a shadow couple is dancing. Its Himari and her destined person? or Himari and Kanba?

Wasn't that Kanba? The messy hair kind of indicates it's him. Maybe it hints at the Kanba/princess of crystal/Momoka couple? We also haven't seen what Mario looks like without the hat, so it could also be him.
Oct 21, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2008
Raven_Shinobi said:

Wasn't that Kanba? The messy hair kind of indicates it's him. Maybe it hints at the Kanba/princess of crystal/Momoka couple? We also haven't seen what Mario looks like without the hat, so it could also be him.

Well at first i thought it was him, but why would they appear as shadows? And we also know that Himari has a destined person...
dunno if it is Mario, since Mario seems to be shorter than Himari.

i know it is Himari because in that dance scene she doesnt have the hat, but if u notice, the guy is totally in black shadow, so we cannot see his face at all, while Himari we can still see her face, because she is a gray shadow.
maybe its another troll
so i really dunno. T_T

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 21, 2011 2:36 PM
Mar 2011
"As long as this tower exists, I can't be free." Then shoma is playing a jinga-tower game with penguins, thought that was clever.
Quotes from Yuri's father, for those who can't wait for subs.

"Yuri, you like beautiful things?" "Yes.""Then do you like Papa, who makes beautiful things." "Of course, I really like papa." "Me too, no, I only love beautiful things, cause I'm an artist."Yuri...you're...how utterly repulsive." "An ugly thing won't be loved. You've seen your mother. Cause your mother gave birth to you, she became more and more ugly. That's why she isn't here anymore, and that sort of thing happened to her.""Your mother is ugly, and foolish. She can't understand my art."

"Listen Yuri, an ugly child won't be loved by anyone. They have no right to be loved. Yuri, you're ugly, if you continue like this, noone will love you. Of course, papa won't love you either. Cause you're your mother's child. But if Papa removes the excess things on your body,you'll be able to become a beautiful child."
"Really?!" "Yes, that's why I have a request. Let Papa personally remodel you. Papa wants to love you. Because I only love beautiful things.
Papa, I'll do anything...so love me. Good girl, Yuri. Papa is so happy..."
*Banging sound effects...could be tools, could be other things.

The best explanation would be, because his wife left him, he became bitter and delusional, so he used his daughter as an outlet. He is, by all means, probably insane. After all, he lives in a tower, shaped like Michelangelo's David. The view from the genitals must be worth the price of having your neighbors gawk at you all the time.
taj69Oct 21, 2011 2:41 PM
Oct 21, 2011 7:09 PM

Jun 2008
@taj69
Thanks for the translations!

From the conversation, and how he said he'll "remove the excess things on your body", it seems like he could be doing genital reassignment surgery on her X.x

The way he was talking about Yuri's mother makes it sound like he was responsible for her being gone too DX

---------

I wonder how Momoka got the powers of the diary. It seems clear that Momoka was Sanetoshi's first love [strike]pedo[/strike], so I wonder if he gave her powers of the diary.
MapleRoseOct 21, 2011 7:16 PM
Oct 21, 2011 8:09 PM

Jun 2011
Nice new OP, although it was relatively the same thing as the first OP.

And...Wow. Yuri's father was an asshole. I feel sorry for her now.
Oct 21, 2011 8:14 PM

May 2010
Finally some subs! :D

Ah, So happy 'things' didn't happen. lol
New OP is good, but I think I liked the other one betters. x3

I like how more of the past was revealed, :D
Cant wait for the next! =]

Penguins!!!XD
💕
Oct 21, 2011 8:16 PM

Oct 2010
MapleRose said:
I wonder how Momoka got the powers of the diary. It seems clear that Momoka was Sanetoshi's first love pedo, so I wonder if he gave her powers of the diary.
Ah yes but many forgot that Sanetoshi can be the devil incarnated and that it would be quite natural for the devil to be infutuated with a female human child such as Momoka. What his reason is to choose Momoka we don't know yet but there can be speculations that Sanetoshi gradually fell in love with Momoka. I think at first she was just part of his plan to test out fate.

This can be seen in the spoiler
where this is a new part of that OP itself.

BTW for those who wonder about those red shoes Tabuki kisses I got the idea who they are in the spoiler
obviously it must be Momoka. Oh dear, love triangle?

Oct 21, 2011 8:18 PM

Jun 2009
Nice ep!! XD
The penguins are sooo cute
I tried explainning this series to my brother....it was difficult
Oct 21, 2011 8:25 PM

Nov 2009
Well now I know why Ringo catches on fire in both openings..
Oct 21, 2011 9:08 PM

Jul 2011
I love how my view on someone who I thought is psycho would turn to sympathy towards that person. Therefore making me like them just like how I was with Momoka. Well I'm not saying I don't like psycho characters, there are exceptions like Rena from Higurashi. At first I thought her ridiculous stalking actions-for-the-sake-of-destiny was funny then it felt exaggerated in the following episodes. But then I felt sympathy for her when one of the episode covers the reason of why she's desperately fulfilling Project Destiny M (at least that's what i think it was called). So now that we delved into Yuri's past, I can't help but want hug her and ensure her it's okay. Her father's way of perceiving things are bizarre and beyond ridiculous. Felt so bad for Yuri when she wanted to be loved by her father. It was nice of Momoka to be her friend and risky to change Yuri's fate. Looking out for each other is so empowering :].

Poor Number 2's banana got blown off by Masako's bullet. So now that Masako have the other half of the diary, how are Shouma and Kanba going to get their hands on it now? hmm. Also why does it seem like so much controversy over the book if Momoka used it two times in the episode? Can't they share? or is the ability to change fate more than one time only accessible by Momoka only? or maybe her blood sister Ringo can do it too? aww that means Ringo would get seriously hurt :[.

Is it me or does the beginning of the new opening "Boys Come Back to Me" sound like a track from the Durarara soundtrack just a bit? I remember hearing something similiar to that while watching Durarara. Also I always thought Ringo catching on fire in the opening was a metaphor but i didn't think it would be literal, in this case for Momoka.
Oct 21, 2011 9:37 PM

Jul 2010
Lemonysunshine said:
So now that Masako have the other half of the diary, how are Shouma and Kanba going to get their hands on it now? hmm.

Haven't you see the end? Yuri kept the real half of the diary in secure; I believe it was on the fridge or something like that.

EPIC battle scene, though. (No, Epic anime.)
Oct 21, 2011 10:03 PM

Dec 2008
this show is incredible, its been a long time since ive watched an anime that has been this mind blowingly good week after week and it shows no signs of slowing down

...ive tried before but i think ill soon try again to watch utena
Oct 21, 2011 10:13 PM

Apr 2010
So "The Tragedy of M" seems to be M for Momoka. It seemed a bit weird that Momoka seemed so knowledgeable about the diary. Did someone (maybe Sanetoshi) tell her about it? I think that she was at the annex at some point before obtaining the diary.

It was rather convenient that Shouma was in the room right next to Yuri's, but it was funny so I can forgive it?
It seems like Sanetoshi is trying to get Himari to fall in love with him, or something along those lines.

Now they're probably going to get into more details behind how the diary actually works. If destroying the tower costs Momoka to suddenly catch on fire, then the train bombings have nothing to do with her. I think that when Momoka died Sanetoshi is keeping her alive through some convoluted method. If it really is true that Momoka is in the penguin hat, then the reason she needs the diary could have something to do with Sanetoshi, since it was mentioned earlier that she "rejects" him.

Also what was with the Eiffel Tower?
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 21, 2011 10:34 PM

Oct 2010
cool. Some Yuri backstory in the episode. Now i don't hate her too much. What her dad did was horrible! I feel so sorry for her! And Momoka has pink hair? wtf? i thought it would be br brown, like Ringo's.
Also i like the doctor guy and how he gave Double-H the scarves. :)
i like th old op better, but this oone is still intresting. Can't wait for next week's ep! XD
Oct 21, 2011 11:19 PM

May 2010
^^^Well, Ringo's father's did sort of have dark purple/pinkish hair..

Great episode, pretty fucked up childhood Yuri had. Still don't like her for whatever she was going to do to Ringo, pretty hypocritical, even if her intentions were good...

Also - Yuri and Masako scene was pretty epic.
Oct 21, 2011 11:24 PM

Jun 2009
So, Yuri's father was a crazy as fuck cosmetic surgeon.. I think? I guess that that would mean that the giant statue was a really famous/influential patient.

Also, now that we know that The price of using the diary is being burned, I have to wonder if it has some connection to the Torch of the Goddess in Shouma's story about the apple tree.
Oct 21, 2011 11:36 PM

Aug 2010
Was that the Eiffel Tower that replaced Yuri's dad's sculpture? Any significance?
Oct 21, 2011 11:41 PM

Apr 2011
Just watched the episode. Yuri utterly won my sympathy and my respect for her ping pong skills, in this episode. The adverted rape and the useless prince, was funny, there pretty much no point for Sho to be there, but for emotional support for my bondage Ringo. :)

Speculations in this episode, that is intriguing:
Momoka x Ringo connection through the flames, it gives some speculation of a possible sacrifice from Ringo in the future.

Regarding yuri father, did he rape her or did he took skin from her arm & leg to graph a penis for her? The reason why I think this, is the following:
- he was obsess with "Michelangelo's David" sculpture (men) and hated his wife, which was shown on her picture and especially the defaced female art pieces.

Back to Momoka, now we know more about her powers (dairy), did the reality wrapping of Yuri scarred body, went away?

Was Momoka finger injury cause by fire as well?
singleturbo said:
Was that the Eiffel Tower that replaced Yuri's dad's sculpture? Any significance?
Tokyo Tower my friend, maybe? lol
vansonbeeOct 21, 2011 11:44 PM
Oct 22, 2011 12:09 AM

Apr 2010
singleturbo said:

It did replace the sculpture, but I have no idea what it would mean. They're not in Paris so it can't be the real one. Maybe it has something to do with beauty/fame?

I'm too tired to give any commentary right now, but I'd like to post some dialogue from the first episode:

"Like I said, the apple (note that ringo is translated as apple) is the universe itself! A universe in the palm of your hand. It's what connects this world and the other world."
"'The other world'?'"
"The world Campanella and other passengers are heading to!"
"What does that have anything to do with an apple?"
"The apple is also a reward for those who has chosen love over everything else!"
"But everything's over when you're dead."
"It's not over! What I'm trying to say is that's actually where everything begins!"
"I'm not following you, at all."
"I'm talking about love! Why ddon't you get it?"
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 22, 2011 12:18 AM

Jan 2011
Man so Much happened in this episode and I've gotten better at catching on to there hints :D.
OP was nice noticed a few things *ringo looking kinda hot then more Fire*

Lol at the Inn scene was gonna flip some tables if soma didn't notice they were next door but he still failled in the end!~.

Super messed up father :/ but now yuri has earned some respect from her bad past from me.

But all this leaves me wondering is Yuri not that bad of a person now? since she wants to save Momoka,adding on to that will Ringo get those same flames as her sister by using the book if shes gets it or will she some other way?.

Also Where the F did yuri learn to tie like that lol?!.
katsu044Oct 22, 2011 2:12 AM
Oct 22, 2011 12:18 AM

Sep 2008
Just why is this show full of crazy psychos?
entauri.deviantart.com

Oct 22, 2011 12:26 AM

Apr 2011
Woah new OP! :3
Oct 22, 2011 12:45 AM
Mar 2011
singleturbo said:
that's the tokyo tower. It looks a bit like the Eiffel tower.
Oct 22, 2011 12:58 AM

Jul 2009
So.... was little Yuri raped? I'm still lost about this.
Oct 22, 2011 1:14 AM
Oct 2007
Good episode. Getting really interesting and intriguing week after week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2011 1:16 AM

Sep 2009
I don't think there was any rape. It reminds me more about Shigofumi. Fumika's father was the writer and has quite same personality as Yuri's father with obsession of perfect things. I think here situation is totally the same.
Oct 22, 2011 1:25 AM

Aug 2010
This episode

Brilliant
Oct 22, 2011 1:36 AM

Jan 2011
Yuri's father deserves eternal punishment, but Momoka did better than that and sent him and all his works to oblivion. Unfortunately Yuri still remembers (probably part of how Momoka changed fate was specifying the Yuri would remember and still be her friend). Saving a rabbit was a small change in fate, turning a gigantic David into the Tokyo tower was an enormous change, hence the greater damage to Momoka.

Shouma did make the effort to save Ringo and ended up foiling Yuri's plan (it looks like she had second thoughts when this reminded her of her own relationship with Momoka). Yuri now looks more like a good guy than she did previously. Yet another 180 degree turn between two episodes of this excellent series....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 22, 2011 2:19 AM

Dec 2009
This show and Ano Hi Mita are by far the stand out products of 2011, and it's times like these where I truly respect anime as much as I do great literature and film.

And curious, if we think of Sanetoshi of a devil-like figure, would that actually make the Penguin-hat-entity an angel-like figure?

As well, I wonder how all this ties back with Kanba and Shouma's parents...
Oct 22, 2011 3:01 AM

Nov 2008
HOLY FUCK Yuri's father is one insane S.O.B. I'm even wondering if he hadn't killed his own wife, since "she became ugly after giving birth" and he might had performed the same nasty things to his wife as he did to Yuri.

And it's finally revealed what this diary does! I'm beggining to understand what is going on, whew, I thought my brain is going to explode for a couple of episodes.

I like how this show is really clever on many levels (animation indicates future events [especially penguins], many, many hard to get references to other shows/movies, and philoshopical talk that is not exagereted)
Oct 22, 2011 3:20 AM

May 2009
Dude that was some crazy ass shit I just watched. Man I love this anime.
Oct 22, 2011 3:26 AM

Feb 2011
me liked more the first opening, it was more slow, and it had more simbolism and things to understand later

nice dad yuri had o_o (sarcasm)
natsume action xD
so the flame thing is when the diary is used to change a fate line :o

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 22, 2011 3:39 AM

Feb 2011
So that Diary had magic powers huh?
Oct 22, 2011 3:52 AM

Aug 2009
Natsume vs Yuri battle was epic.
Oct 22, 2011 3:56 AM

Feb 2011
details from the new opening

the 95 showed there for a little time while ringo is starting to burn
i have the feeling it's a tip about ringo will use the diary-power to change the events happened in the past subway attack

and here himari and shouma are running straigh, while kanba is facing an other direction

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 22, 2011 4:02 AM

Oct 2010
taj69 said:
The best explanation would be, because his wife left him, he became bitter and delusional, so he used his daughter as an outlet. He is, by all means, probably insane. After all, he lives in a tower, shaped like Michelangelo's David. The view from the genitals must be worth the price of having your neighbors gawk at you all the time.

I don't think Yuri and her father lives in the tower that looks like Michelangelo's David. Because from Yuri's point of view, it looks like the tower can be seen from inside a window. And at the end, when Yuri looked out the window, she did say that "the scenery has changed." Most likely referring to that tower.

Anyway, Yuri has definitely earned some sympathy from me. I still can't forgive her for trying to put Ringo in harm, though. And her father's the devil a bastard for doing such things to her daughter.

vansonbee said:
Momoka x Ringo connection through the flames, it gives some speculation of a possible sacrifice from Ringo in the future.

I hope this isn't true. ;_; I wouldn't want Ringo getting hurt/dying anytime soon.

Great episode. Can't wait for the next one!

EDIT:

and here himari and shouma are running straigh, while kanba is facing an other direction

I thought something was up with this scene too .__.
lanachanOct 22, 2011 4:10 AM
[insert awesome signature here]
Oct 22, 2011 4:29 AM

May 2010
I'm kinda confused , so whose fate the diary shows?

Wonder why Sanetoshi is so good for Himari, maybe that's because she resembles Momoka a little? I mean,they both are victims of the Goddess's unjust penalty

Poor Yuri, I like her a lot now.

Zeando said:

I have a bad feeling about this one, hope Kanba isn't going to betray his siblings or anything like that
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

178 by phantom346 »»
Oct 12, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 22, 2011

546 by GavrocheN7 »»
Oct 5, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

169 by GavrocheN7 »»
Oct 5, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

355 by phantom346 »»
Sep 30, 11:34 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 8, 2011

225 by Seijatachiiii »»
Aug 11, 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.