Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 24, 2011 9:01 AM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
In this week's episode of Ichika and the Jelly Factory, battles, team-kill, plenty of jelly, Charlotte reveals her secret, and Laura is finally added to the harem. Oh, and an enormous amount of jelly in the end, I seem to have forgotten to mention that.
Next week, the obligatory beach episode. GOD. MY. OH.
Feb 24, 2011 10:36 AM

Oct 2010
It was obvious that this episode is Laura centered as it shows a lot of her past and circumstances which tie her that different colored eye. On the other hand Charlotte scored big with Ichika and it's too bad it was not like this omake from fan may suggest. Charlotte did give fan service to Ichika in the form of breast feeling and skin contact. Still no matter what Charlotte does, I give up on having anything against Laura anymore. Rin x Ichika but from the way Rin tried to almost kill him this episode, I have to consider for option 2 and that is Ichika x Laura which is >>>>>>>> then Ichika x Charlotte. Considering the ED does see Laura being in front and the following,

with a lip lock that is most likely a french kiss from the length, lip lock and intensity. I can safely say that Laura made her move really nicely. So Rin…….you going to redeem yourself? I wonder about that.

About Laura Bodewig, I though quite insane in the beginning with hooking Houki and dragging her out just to duke out her obsession over Ichika with I say a fairly good sword exchange. Until Ichika combined with Charlotte to find a weak point in the AIC and damaging her. I usually don't bitch about it but I don't see any point in Laura being shown naked as kid with a full frontal (I wonder if it will have nipples in the BD) other than having a view of innocence and when she was human. I do feel sorry that she had to undergo a complete body change that may have made her into a sort of cyborg at a young age and I also never liked human scum asses who as a means make humans into non humans as end to having superior weapons. It was the same in Saikano and so it is in this case. So from what I see Laura got training in marksmanship, hand to hand combat and piloting a jet fighter. To ultimately make her into something that can interact with machines. I wonder what this Rail-Gun waffe computer screen means. Although Chifuyu looked damn good back in Germany I think in the spoiler
Laura's face was just incredibly cute that it's hard to believe how she was towards Rin/Cecilia back last episode. I realize finally that one of her problems with how she saw Chifuyu smiling while mentioning her brother is that she never may have had a good family nor anyone to care for her.

Thus why her mind on Ichika was set in order to have Chifuyu always be like she is when training her or maybe to smile at her only. Regardless Laura never had a good family at all nor strangely Rin had a good one since divorce came in, same as Charlotte. So this is all one family problems anime in a way in regards to the main girls. Laura's Valkyrie Trace System so reminded me of Valkyria Chronicles' Valkyries for some reason. Ultimately it ended up as Laura having her IS completely liquid materialized into a fusion process that made her looks like a rubber copy of Chifuyu. No problem with that except that it looked strange. Her defeat was fair and square with Ichika the way he handled it. Kind of weird the way Laura did slip out of that mess she was in. Then comes mass fan service of her in the spoiler
which is really is over exaggeration of IS to milk us but anyways many know that. Ultimately she did protect Ichika from Rin nicely and I will give her +ones for that but for Rin I am O_o at her reaction. That is twice she tried to kill him. Are they trying to BS that Asian wives/girls are that crazy over you cheating them? I wonder about that. It ends in that kiss which puts Laura 100% above the rest except perhaps closely followed by Charlotte. Regardless I think that the following spoiler
shows great opposites, that of Laura being shy/cute and Ichika being a moronic, idiotic foolish male to react that way. Just take the damn responsibility you buffoon Ichika!

About Ichika, apart from being stupid after that kiss from Laura he showed great promising courage to say the least after mostly being supported by Charlotte but most of all his sweet talker tricks were quite in the open with Laura. I loved that rush of his in the beginning and course those writings under it. It would be a good GIF to make for myself. Damn. Ichika almost got his face melted by Laura's laser in the spoiler
that laser scrapped parts of his skin. I missed that GAR pose of Ichika since the unmanned IS episode. This is yet another favorite of mines when Ichika deploys his sword and is about to slash. Too bad he timed it so wrong it failed at the last minute. You are supposed to use this technique kind of like in Street Fighter after you hit a opponent and do a dragon punch as in to make sure you strike them right away with that move. Waiting will result in it's failure, Ichika should have considered using IB (Inertia boost). He did do a magnificent job at dodging Laura's attack afterward. Got to love the fact that Ichika was using one of Charlotte's weapons under authorization from her and got a rather nice shot at Laura. Came quite the surprise at Laura's new form hitting Ichika in IS mode and still bleeding? WTF! I though that armor was though enough to protect your body from harm at least so that you don't bleed guess I was wrong.

I loved seeing the flashback young Ichika as well as young Chifuyu. That was nice. Now that's a nice saber in the spoiler
and Ichika does quite a nice reflecting of Laura's attack to immediately after slice away a opening in that form of hers. Thus giving him a nice grabbing Laura and saving her. In the end he could not fulfill his manly role and made me look like a loser being a man. Good thing IRL I never take anything into consideration that I deem worthless.
Rest in spoiler
About preview, ah shit it's the beach cycle again like in other animes. Not much confirmed visually other than this delicious stitch I found of Laura's fan service in the spoiler
, I do want to see more of Rin and Cecilia. They had almost not much fan service compared to Charlotte/Houki/Laura.
Yumekichi11Feb 24, 2011 11:02 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 24, 2011 2:06 PM

Jul 2010
that last minute kiss was really unexpected,
but im still rooting for charlotte! xD
Feb 24, 2011 2:10 PM

Sep 2010
Best episode ever, Laura is very the most interresting character IMO.

Next week episode seems to be the episode cliché, full fanservice at the beach...
-Angy-Feb 24, 2011 2:22 PM
Feb 24, 2011 2:10 PM
Dec 2009
Not only did Laura kiss him, she proclaimed that he will be her HUSBAND (Total reversal in nature)
Feb 24, 2011 2:39 PM

Oct 2009
WTF I wanted ta place of Ichiko's time that Laura kissed >:, but good episode hahaha the harem is big now hahaha
Feb 24, 2011 3:02 PM

Jul 2009

LET'S..... WEDDING DRESS!!!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Feb 24, 2011 3:03 PM
Apr 2010

Too many things happened on this episode to wrap my mind into....
WTF, a random IS in the classroom?

That and a complete reversal for Laura, and Charlotte's secret.

Couldn't they.... you know.... put that into like THREE EPISODES????

*head explodes*
Feb 24, 2011 3:12 PM
Nov 2009
LOL! + 1 on his harem. Didn't see that kiss coming tbh ;) Haha, next weeks episode is in the beach, can't wait ^^ And in my opinion, Charlotte is still the best girl. Btw Laura Bodwigs transformation reminded me of C.G, DBZ and Gundam at the same time for some reason lol.
Feb 24, 2011 3:16 PM
Dec 2010
Am I the only one that noticed that this episode had many animation/clipping errors? It just felt to chopped up at points. At one point we could see Ichika bleeding, then in the next scene his arm was alright with the following scene bleeding again. Same with laura's cannon, destroyed in one scene, restored in the next and then vanished right in the next second.

Story wise it was a blast though. Charlotte and Laura being awesome as ever. Though I really did not see that kiss coming - Way to go Laura <3
Feb 24, 2011 3:18 PM

Feb 2009
Houki's battle cry when she attacks reminds me a bit of Saber.
The fight was interesting, wish Houki put up a fight more.
Ending of it was lame and stupid though, with all those black something covering Laura and all that followed it.
Hot bath moment was great, nice one Charlotte. Though is it me or did they cut a lot of scenes out and replaced them with different images.
And Laura joins the harem. Harem count at ED song +1. Completed already?
And what would a harem show be without an obligatory beach episode next time.
Laura at preview though O.o
Feb 24, 2011 3:26 PM

Aug 2010
Hahaha!
I laughed with tears at how sudden the whole end thing was xD
Cecilia's face was pure awesomness and Houki looked like she really wanted to kill. This just made my day :'D (maybe I'm quite tired if I'm thinking like this xD)
Feb 24, 2011 3:33 PM

Oct 2009
Loved it, though content really should have been spread out over more episodes.
Feb 24, 2011 3:35 PM

Oct 2008
bookkid900 said:
Not only did Laura kiss him, she proclaimed that he will be her HUSBAND (Total reversal in nature)

Sigh... Totally expected, yet disappointed. Laura will now be Cecilia 2.0. We must have pairs! Pairs of childhood friends! Pairs of girls that once hated him and now adore him! Pairs of tsundere girls (Houki and Fang)! Each IS has a pair of arms and legs! The title of the anime is a letter pair. Man those are a nice pair! Did I mention the childhood friends pair?

Charlotte continues to be awesome.
The rest of the cast continues to be forgettable.

--- Warning: Incoming rant/ending speculation ---
OmniknightFeb 24, 2011 3:39 PM
Feb 24, 2011 3:40 PM

Jun 2010
Finally Laura has been taken care of and is starting to try to win over Ichika! I was really tired of her hatred of Ichika for her Chifuyu complex....

I definitely did not expect that kiss to be honest :P and yay, the almighty beach episode is next =]
Feb 24, 2011 3:45 PM

Feb 2011
HAHAHAHA somewhat brilliant never saw the kiss coming! Hopefully there is more Laura in the next episode. <3
Feb 24, 2011 3:47 PM
Jun 2010
oh god Laura is full of win <3
stealing a kiss, declaring Ichika her wife, and all in front of the other girls that like him
chanceandluckFeb 25, 2011 4:38 PM
Feb 24, 2011 3:50 PM

Feb 2008
well, i suppose this was a bit of a surprise...but damn
Feb 24, 2011 3:56 PM

Jan 2009
This episode was so full of bullshit.
But hey, at least Laura's being pretty straight forward.
OosranFeb 25, 2011 2:39 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 24, 2011 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
Five girls in the harem now. Not sure how to feel about this.
Feb 24, 2011 4:07 PM

Nov 2009
Laura reminds me of Tsukiumi from Sekirei, who's also voiced by Marina Inoue
Feb 24, 2011 4:09 PM

Apr 2008
HAHAHA what a way to get one more girl into the harem XD
That was awesome and sudden :P

I thought Charlotte couldn`t tell anyone about being a girl, becaus then she`d have to leave the school?

Feb 24, 2011 4:09 PM
Oct 2010
Beach episode next? This series is an embodiment of every single cliché in anime there ever was. I'm done with this. Dropped.
Feb 24, 2011 4:14 PM

Dec 2008
These girls are getting REALLY annoying!!
The only two that I like are Laura and Charlotte because they don't play ridiculous games and know how to go for what they want.
Feb 24, 2011 4:18 PM
May 2009
I like Laura a bit more after this but I still think Charlotte is the best
Feb 24, 2011 4:19 PM

Dec 2007
ITS heating up!! HEATING up :D:D:D....i know Laura that u had it in u :D:D....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Feb 24, 2011 4:21 PM

Sep 2008
The anime is moving too fast
I expected better fight against the transformed Laura and what do we get, 1 slash kill.
I thought it would focus more on action but what the hell happen. Its like your typical harem anime now
Feb 24, 2011 4:50 PM

Feb 2011
I got so freaked out during the fight, but man during the end, they finally broke loose, I agree, it was fast paced and felit so sudden, but for me, it's one of the best episodes so far.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/AZ4L&sclick=1">

Please if anyone knows anything about the Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream manga volumes (where I can buy them) please let me know!!
Feb 24, 2011 5:03 PM

Dec 2010
Im rootin' for Laura :D
Feb 24, 2011 5:38 PM

Nov 2008
Holy sh- Too many things in the last minutes, didn`t expect that kiss and did Laura say "be my wife"? Lol

DuroDeMatarFeb 24, 2011 5:57 PM
Feb 24, 2011 5:45 PM

Nov 2008
ahh... no wonder why Charlotte revealed her secret here since next ep is beach episode! Though I'm kinda disappointed since we won't see Charlotte topless as all men do xDD I hope the revealing of Charlotte's secret won't be the reason she switch room or even her return to France :(

Laura's kiss made a huge leap of the rankings right now, she made Ichika to be her husband - he has no other choice anyway xDD Charlotte is still the best!! <3 "Ichika no ecchi" HHNNNNNGGHH

EDIT: "Sometimes I think you're doing it in purpose." Heck if that is true, Ichika is using the clueless style to get the harem route easily without a nice boat xDD and yes, a clueless gigolo ish awesome too bad Ichika is just plain stupid as we all know xDD
DenjaXFeb 24, 2011 6:01 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 24, 2011 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
FUCK IT...I'm gonna have to drop this show to ease the pain in my heart! I can't choose anymore....SUPER MOE CHARLOTTE VS LAURA AKA Tsukiumi of infinite stratos....GOD MY OH!!!!

I don't know who the fuck is my favorite anymore after this episode....I love you Charlotte, but I love you laura....CURSE YOU WORLD!!!!

Ichika gets more BADASS HAREM HERO points this episode...he was super pimpin. Naked bath, kiss, and asking a girl on date....ALL in the SAME EPISODE, with 3 DIFFERENT GIRLS!!!

*Tenchi Ryu has passed out from posting about the epicness of this episode*
Feb 24, 2011 5:59 PM

Jan 2010
Omniknight said:
bookkid900 said:

Charlotte continues to be awesome.
The rest of the cast continues to be forgettable.
Pretty much this.

To be honest, I liked Laura as well a bit, but the complete change in her personality was way too forced...
Feb 24, 2011 6:01 PM
Feb 24, 2011 6:03 PM

Nov 2007
well now that the harem is complete it's time for the obligatory beach episode of course. second girl who's gone from "I'm gonna beat you, rawr let's go. to OK I love you now", but she went in for the kill with the first kiss. the others harem members are left standing around with expressions like "that bitch!", "I'm the childhood friend it should be me!", and "but I thought you wanted my sweet and sour pork!".

the power rankings have changed looking like Charlotte > Laura > Cecilia > Houki > Rin. Houki and Rin seem stuck as childhood friends, while he should and better have some interest in Charlotte. Houki was pretty useless in that battle too.
Feb 24, 2011 6:15 PM

Apr 2010
WHAT... THE.... HELL...... DID I JUST WATCH!?

As ludicrous as this episode was, I am still pissed off at Ichika...
He's a man for Christ's Sake... he needs to act more like one. He's so weak man... I just can't accept him as a man.

He's a disgrace, his name makes me think of Shichika (Kyotouryuu Yasuri) every time, who is a FAR SUPERIOR MAN than Ichika will ever be.
Feb 24, 2011 6:16 PM
Sep 2010
Des said:
HAHAHA what a way to get one more girl into the harem XD
That was awesome and sudden :P

I thought Charlotte couldn`t tell anyone about being a girl, becaus then she`d have to leave the school?

As long as she goes to that school, no one can force her out. The is one of the rules in there school book and I guess you sign the contract or whatever. "As long you attended at this school, you do not belong to anyone from the out side, countries, groups, organization, etc...

Nice way to end this episode.

The next episode is part of the light novel I believe. I think there is some plot about Ichika's sister on this one, or it is just a random episode the creators decided to do. Leaning more towards the 1st option.
Feb 24, 2011 6:35 PM
Mar 2008
LOL THIS WAS HILARIOUS. NEED MORE.
Feb 24, 2011 6:35 PM

Jul 2010
pilipino101 said:
Too many things happened on this episode to wrap my mind into....
WTF, a random IS in the classroom?

That and a complete reversal for Laura, and Charlotte's secret.

Couldn't they.... you know.... put that into like THREE EPISODES????
Why are you trying to prolong my suffering? :P

The first half was good, but the second half died. The battle wasn't bad with the tag team action. Too bad Laura was such a push-over with the way she disposed of Houki. I was looking forward to seeing Houki fight since she's the only that hasn't done anything with an IS yet.

And then, for SOME REASON, Laura's IS decides to melt and become a statue. Lolwut? Ichika then proceeds to 1-hit KO said statue, receiving praises and affection from all for being the only man in the show.

They just had to go and get in as much fanservice as possible before the end of the show, too. "Oh shit, we spent all that time on the battle in our MECHA anime... think we can sqeeze in a kiss with Laura and a bath with Charlotte? Yeah, let's do that."

Charlotte has no room to be calling Ichika a pervert when she's the one pressing herself up against his back. Since Ichika is an idiot, I think he deserves Rin attempting to take his life. Best ending: Everyone plots his murder.

*Sighs* Honestly, this episode probably wouldn't have seemed that bad to me if I hadn't just watched the awesomeness that is Madoka Magica beforehand. I will now go watch Yumekui Merry and pretend this episode never happened. XD
Feb 24, 2011 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
CRAZEH247 said:
WHAT... THE.... HELL...... DID I JUST WATCH!?

As ludicrous as this episode was, I am still pissed off at Ichika...
He's a man for Christ's Sake... he needs to act more like one. He's so weak man... I just can't accept him as a man.

He's a disgrace, his name makes me think of Shichika (Kyotouryuu Yasuri) every time, who is a FAR SUPERIOR MAN than Ichika will ever be.

Did we watch the same episode?!
He did everything right this entire episode....he was confident, acted like a man and took on the challenge against that robot thing, agreed to continue his bath with a girl's naked chest on him, and didn't freak out to much about the kiss...He even agreed to Houki's date....give the guy a break
Feb 24, 2011 6:47 PM

Jan 2010
I think Houki's face at the end sums up my opinion of this episode nicely. Now to bleach my mind with something that actually has plot.

Not to say it wasn't enjoyable, Charlotte's voice makes me melt every time.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 24, 2011 6:51 PM

Jun 2010
Yes this episode was full of win. I think we all know that Laura was going to go after Ichika, but never expected that she was going to be straight forward about it.

By now when someone wants to become stronger, they have to protect someone because by doing that you gain strength, according to the Anime rules.

I should have figured this out by now, 3 or more girls in an anime who revolve around the main character, of course there's going to be a beach/pool episode, according to the Anime rules.

Feb 24, 2011 6:51 PM

Sep 2008
this series

/facepalm
Feb 24, 2011 6:52 PM
Nov 2010
"You are going to be my Wife"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

anyway shitty episode as usual, nice fights as usual.
Feb 24, 2011 6:53 PM

Jul 2007
Are we still missing one girl? Or why is there a gap between Laura and Houki (during the ending song)?
GrummelFeb 24, 2011 6:58 PM
Feb 24, 2011 6:55 PM
Apr 2010
pretty good i didnt see the whole husband thing coming but it made for a great end i cant wait for the beach adventure
Feb 24, 2011 6:58 PM
Jan 2010
The last scene just made me laugh with everyones reaction to the kiss and Laura proclaiming Ichika will be her wife

I wonder who figured out the thing with Laura's shield, Ichika doesn't actually seem that bad when it comes to certain things during fights. Although I don't understand why he's entire body glowed instead of just the part around the suit
Dan777Feb 24, 2011 7:39 PM
Feb 24, 2011 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
A bit disappointed with the fight, I expected more of a struggle and a bit more drama. Instead I get a conclusion in less than 10 minutes. That aside, this harem of Ichika's has gotten ridiculous. It would actually entertain me if any of the girls other than Charlotte had a true shot. All of them are in the friend zone with the exception of Charlotte. Laura had her little kiss but it won't be that easy. Oh well, go Charlotte!
Feb 24, 2011 7:12 PM

Sep 2009
That episode was interesting. Or something. At first it was pretty spiffy, but then after that it just got weird. Ichika's blood looked majorly fake and then poof. I don't know anymore. xD;

The bath scene was kinda cute in its own right, but at the same time completely unreasonable. o _o And I liked Charlotte better in the guys' uniform, it makes sense that she'd reveal her secret for next week's beach episode, but I thought that she couldn't afford to do that. orz

I liked how they managed to preserve Laura's personality by making her that forward though, though all the blushing, I hope that she doesn't completely turn to mush like Cecilia or whatever. Speaking of Cecilia, her reaction/face was priceless and I almost died laughing from shock after the kiss happened, seeing all the reactions and all.

NEXT EPISODE'S PREVIEW OF LAURA. It reminds me of School Days. I am confused and thought that this show was pg-13. Clearly the rating systems are skewed.

Not so relevant rant:
Feb 24, 2011 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
Des said:

Plot consistency and logic are not some of the show's strong points.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Inarius - Jan 20, 2011

212 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 24, 12:51 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

194 by PedroKarim64 »»
Aug 22, 3:26 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

293 by il887 »»
Aug 12, 3:34 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

165 by il887 »»
Aug 11, 6:20 PM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.