Forum Settings
Forums
RustBlaster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2009 1:52 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I originally thought Kei would die, but... Aldred ;_;

Mar 29, 2009 7:57 AM
Dec 2007
Mar 29, 2009 9:46 AM

Aug 2008
I wish it wasn't as rushed as it was made, don't really understand what went on.
Mar 29, 2009 1:56 PM

Dec 2008
Me neither...it seems he stopped what was going to happen there but...I still dont know for sure what happened..I was kind of expecting an explanation there :S..and then it ends like he is coming back but not sure about that either!! T_T
Apr 2, 2009 9:45 PM

Sep 2008
Hmmm... It seemed more like the ending of "he sacraficed himself to save everyone but is still there with his spirit to watch over them and protect them"...

I dont believe he is alive but I bet everyone of them can still feel that his "presence" is still there.
Apr 3, 2009 3:31 PM

Dec 2008
Well thats what I thought...but I keep thinking wtf! why couldnt we see the actual fight!?
Apr 11, 2009 5:50 AM

Oct 2008
yes i agree, aldred was there within spirit but at the end it looked like kei could walk again and was chasing or following aldred, and i also noticed kei was only full of emotion whenever he was near aldred.
May 2, 2009 11:51 AM
Jan 2008
that was a god-awful ending.....makes me think this whole series was nothing but a waste of time...but thats just how i feel
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
May 9, 2009 2:24 AM

Jul 2008
I was really expecting that both Kei and Al would die. The ending was unclear, but I have seen alot worse. So all in all I enjoyed the chapter.
May 10, 2009 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
I enjoyed this series, but the ending was unclear.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
May 23, 2009 1:50 PM

Jul 2008
Erf Ending was so cruel~ T_T
I think Al was died ='(...
Kei was crying, everybody stare the black feather... ennemies are always in life...(moreover it's them who release the -last?- feather...)
Al~~ ah ...
May 29, 2009 2:57 PM

May 2009
This series was soooo great! The ending was totally perfect!
Kei didn't die and AL IS ALIVE! Kei was crying from happiness ;P Look at the foodsteps...how many people left them? See? One of them belongs to Aldred :)
Sorry, my English isn't perfect ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...because the people who are crazy enough to think that they change the world are the ones who do..."
Jun 2, 2009 4:02 PM
Jul 2008
Well Chapter 4 thru 6 was rushed and made no sense. The artwork was great, but the storyline fell apart towards the end and was disappointing. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to waste their time reading it.
Jun 5, 2009 6:14 PM

May 2009
I must admit that the ending was rushed, but i don't agree that this made no sense because of that...
Sorry, my English isn't perfect ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...because the people who are crazy enough to think that they change the world are the ones who do..."
Jun 9, 2009 11:53 PM

Apr 2009
Rushed ending,blah. But i really loved it to tell you the truth. I'm glag Kei didnt die and he walked again too! I had a feeling since the beginning though that Al was going to sacrifice himself. He seemed the type. Six and Seven are so cute too.

I am pleased.
Jun 17, 2009 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
This whole series was pretty rushed, what with being six chapters. I was disappointed with the Six/Seven and Al/Kei battle, and the ending was unclear and a little confusing. And I felt I didn't know the characters well enough to really feel for them, but then may be just me.

Though all in all, it could've been much worse.
Jun 20, 2009 8:53 AM

May 2007
I think that he came back. ^_^ Just look at that sky. Black raven was flying into them. OwO
And the footsteps.. 6 different ones.
That's all of them. ^__^
Jul 4, 2009 2:38 AM

Jun 2008
I also think he came back. The school didn't get destroyed so that means he defeated the enemies. He must be alive.
Jul 19, 2009 8:53 PM
Jun 2009
I thought it was a little rushed, but I still like the story. I also think Al came back at the end. ^^
Aug 4, 2009 10:53 PM

Apr 2008
I was very disappointed with the final chapter. What kind of shounen story is this. The Seven/Six fight was a joke, and we didn't get to see the fight with the vampires trying to break out. Load of bull. I was fully ready to give this a 9/10 if this last chapter was good, but I might drop the score to 7/10 because of that...
Aug 18, 2009 10:18 AM
May 2009
I don't think it was really a shounen story because it looks shoujo to me (the artwork and all). I thought the ending was really unclear too... the mangaka must really like being vague because you could interpret the ending any ways. I enjoyed the manga though; I hope he or she (I don't know the mangaka's gender >>) improves in terms of storytelling. The art is already fantastic.

EDIT: I think Alfred came back after a very long time. They assumed that he died since they couldn't find him; so when they saw Alfred for the first time in years, they reacted in surprise.
JazzeAug 18, 2009 10:23 AM
Sep 5, 2009 10:42 PM

Dec 2007
aldred came back alright but it would of been nice to see what he looks like after many years.

how do i know he cam back, read chapter 6 over and over and you should figure it out, though it would of been nice to see faye's face too
What should I put here.....
Sep 20, 2009 10:31 AM

Aug 2007
For a 1 volume series, I really enjoyed this~ Kinda welled up when Kei got up and walked again. I like to think that Al came back and he was running towards him, ahaha. Anyway, short series, so of course it's going to be rushed. But for what it was, it was very sweet.
Dec 3, 2009 3:48 PM
Nov 2009
the story was sooooooooooooo sad.. my tear dont stop from falling..
~gomen, my english is bad~
i read this story and the same time i hear sad song.. and then....
T_T *my tear wont stop*
Jan 12, 2010 3:29 AM

Jul 2008
OH MY GOSHHHH this need a second part!!! ;___________________;
Alfreddddddd NOOOOOOOO ;A;
*running around the office*

Shisus... it was so touching, specially the feelings of Yasu at the end ;-;
I love the light bishounen Ai in the story ;A;

IT was a GOOD manga, exciting from the begining to the end! :D
Mar 14, 2010 11:32 AM

Aug 2009
I believe he isn't dead... Oh, my D: I hate this kind of ending D:
Apr 9, 2010 7:56 AM

Jan 2008
the ending confused me ... i don't know what happened o.o
May 16, 2010 4:18 PM

Mar 2010
It was soo sad ;( I thinck he's back ^^ And They'll " go on walking together"^^

Art is beautifull .when I saw it , i realize it... Kuroshitsuji's author :D:D but still and don't like end XD
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Aug 8, 2010 11:04 PM

Jan 2008
cabaret said:
This whole series was pretty rushed, what with being six chapters. I was disappointed with the Six/Seven and Al/Kei battle, and the ending was unclear and a little confusing. And I felt I didn't know the characters well enough to really feel for them, but then may be just me.

This. I can usually tear up pretty easily but I didn't for this ending. I did feel really sorry for Kei, though, only being able to know Aldred for such a short time.

StripFeeling said:
Art is beautifull .when I saw it , i realize it... Kuroshitsuji's author :D:D but still and don't like end XD

Woah! Seriously? That's awesome! I thought I felt like I had seen this art style before.

I enjoyed the plot, I just wish she was able to make it longer to actually develop the story and characters more.
Lunar191Aug 8, 2010 11:08 PM
Oct 8, 2010 6:03 PM

Jul 2009
Really? I took the fact that everyone was running at the end as a sign that he had come back.....
Nov 12, 2010 7:54 PM

May 2010
I just finished reading it for the third time, and I think I FINALLY understand the ending. I think somebody else said it. I think the ending implies that Aldred DOES return. Kei reacts, and in the last panel, we see all those footprints. There were only 5 people together outside (Kei, Kodachi, Lydi, Rengo, Faye) but after Kei reacts, we see the final page which shows SIX (count them) sets of footprints. He MUST be back.

Yeah, it's subtle.
Feb 12, 2011 11:49 PM

Dec 2009
Unclear rushed story, crappy ending.

But the characters were good . :)
Jul 31, 2011 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
Ganguro xD

*cough* Um, the ending was a bit rushed and unclear, but Seven survived. So I'm fine with it.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Aug 27, 2011 10:49 PM
Aug 2011
When i first saw the author's name i was like O_O then *_* coz I m a fan of Yana's other work "Kuroshitsuji"! Ya i know the ending was weird but that's Yana's way of saying "Go ahead and let ur imaginations fly!" :)

BTW to those who have read/watched kuroshitsuji: did u notice the resemblance between seven n Earl Charles Grey(in the manga..don't know about the anime)??!!

Mar 19, 2014 3:54 PM
Sep 2010
Damn. This story had SO MUCH POTENTIAL. Too bad it was rushed so they could fit it as a one shot volume. If Toboso ever gets the opportunity to remake this, I think it'll be awesome and a real hit story, possibly even animated. After all, it's basically got all the feels you get in the top hit GFANTASY magazine mangas.
Jun 6, 2017 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
Potential was there, but with 6 chapters only sure it'll go wasted.
Lydi's crying face was a pleasant surprise since she always wore an emotionless expression on her face.
I wanted to see Faye's eyes so freaking bad. Yana's tease again, like she did with Undertaker.
Jul 7, 2017 3:47 PM

Apr 2017
Yana Toboso first work wow
I think Aldred's father is the concept of Undertaker from Kuroshitsuji
I think Kei has got feelings for Aldred since that he was the only one in his entire life who treated him as person not an object.Also I guess that Rengokuinn has succeed in
removing the lance from Kei's body.Finally Division Six has reunited after many years with their squad leader.
Oct 30, 2021 6:13 PM
Dec 2017
nice manga overall

Dec 10, 2022 6:07 PM

Oct 2022
I think he did survive at the end, although its hard to say, even i thought he died. But the foot prints, everyone turning back, and Kai jumping out his wheelchair and walking again...Al definitely came back. Good manga overall, it could definitely get an animation. i also wish it was less rushed but i enjoy Yana's work.
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rustblaster Chapter 5 Discussion

The_Deity_Of_Sin - May 9, 2009

5 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 30, 2021 6:12 PM

Poll: » Rustblaster Chapter 4 Discussion

6 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 30, 2021 6:11 PM

Poll: » Rustblaster Chapter 3 Discussion

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 30, 2021 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rustblaster Chapter 2 Discussion

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 30, 2021 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rustblaster Chapter 1 Discussion

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 30, 2021 6:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.