Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2010 5:08 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

This moment was the best:
barteq88Nov 29, 2010 6:54 AM

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Apr 21, 2011 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
This anime is so cliche, but so awesome at the same time xD

Anyway, this episode was hardcore, very gory scenes... and that corrupted memory of Hyoga's mother, ouch.
Jun 9, 2011 1:26 PM

Apr 2011
Surprising amounts of blood in this anime ... I love the art style more and more, tho I wish they didn't reuse so much footage. Black Andromeda actually looks badass (instead of ghey). Hyoga went down like a *bitch* ... not sure how Seiya's gonna manage against this guy. Looking forward to the twin dragon fight! *loads it now*

Also bear in mind, cliche as most of this seems now, it was pretty new and edgy for its time ... amazing how little the shonen genre has changed in almost 30 years ...
Blind_GuardianJun 9, 2011 1:32 PM
Oct 17, 2017 5:46 PM

Jun 2016
This was the most GAR episode of anime I've ever seen, and I've seen a decent amount of Hokuto no Ken. At the same time, this was easily one of my favorite episodes I've had the pleasure to sit through of anything. Where to start....

Hyoga had one of the coolest death scenes I've seen. Not only was it cool, but it added some depth to him making him no longer 1 dimensional(even though you could read in between the lines from his first seen in Siberia). The way Ikki attacked Hyoga's mind, to attack his most sensitive memory and ruin him mentally, alike to what he did to Nachi presumably was intense. It only goes to show how strong Hyoga is that he could power through, and not only that, but also convert all the pain to rage for a killing blow on Ikki. But, since like always he went overboard and did Aurora Thunder Attack on Dark Cygnus, Ikki was ahead of him and dodged it. After the first reflected attack, the mental damage, and the internal damage that came with it, Hyoga cannot move so Ikki goes for a finishing blow. He literally punches through both Hyoga's armor and flesh to crush his heart. But akin to a certain magical girl, that ain't how it'll go, he grabs Ikki's arm and attempts to take it with him. What really shocked me was how Ikki was half way through a karate chop to cut off Hyoga's entire arm from his shoulder before he died. That was brutal, sad, and MANLY!

Next, Shun arrives just in time to hear Seiya's bell and see him completely black, what I can only imagine is internal damage of some kind showing through the skin. As he's attempting to save him, Dark Andromeda shows up and starts to pick on him for fun, taunting him to drop Seiya. Despite this, and despite the tearing of Shun's hand the chain is doing, he will powers through refusing to drop him. It's only when he gets attacked by Dark Andromeda's snakes and starts to get bitten and constricted to death when Seiya makes a move. Even now Shun refuses to drop Seiya, so Seiya does the manliest thing possible and sacrifices himself, BY KARATE CHOPPING THE CHAIN!
We then see a glimpse of what I can only imagine was an inspiration to Kurama from Yuyu Hakusho, which is a true rage. Shun shatters Dark Andromeda's chains and armor, leaving him to collapse and probably break his neck as he falls face first from the cliff.

Dark Dragon attempts to start one final duel with both of our other protagonists dead or near it, as Shiryu shows up, still with half his blood missing, ready to fight as Shun saves Seiya. And what is he fighting for, well for the sake of friendship, manly manly friendship!

This episode was awesome, it added depth to Hyoga, showcased the intense will power of Shun, showcased the brutality of Ikki more than ever, and gave us a glimpse of what true manly loyalty and friendship is.
Apr 27, 2020 5:13 PM

Nov 2015
quack quack while doing the bird dance lol
shun fight sucked let's see if chiru against black chiru does it better!

đź’˘

Jul 23, 2021 5:52 PM

Jan 2021
The anime is so amazing.
The art style is one of my favorites.
Jun 25, 2023 7:48 AM
May 2023
Ainda ñ terminei de assistir tudo, tenho vontade? Se eu dissesse que sim estaria mentindo, ñ tenho tanta vontade assim de continuar a ver o anime, apesar de ser um anime clássico que toda criança assistiu na infância, não é um anime que eu tenho vontade nenhuma de continuar a assistir, apesar de amar a abertura do anime, eu tenho zero vontade de continuar a ver
Aug 3, 2023 11:35 PM

Nov 2012
wow these guys are getting are getting royally messed up by the dark saints
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 20, 2:43 PM

Jul 2017
This anime has soap opera levels of twists and melodrama and deaths (or near deaths). Hyoga is gonna come back somehow (maybe that cross saved him?), but that was an interesting exchange with him freezing the enemy's arm.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 25 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

16 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 14, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 24 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 14, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 23 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

10 by satyrelfheim »»
Oct 11, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 71 Discussion

barteq88 - Dec 4, 2010

4 by passing_through »»
Oct 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya Episode 22 Discussion

barteq88 - Nov 29, 2010

11 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 13, 7:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.