Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 12:30 PM
Oct 2019
Very mixed, some episodes were hilarious and some were outright unfunny, they saved it for the last two episodes thankfully.
Sep 20, 10:49 PM
Oct 2018
All hopes of a good finale were lost within the first minute. Rest was a random unfunny stuff.
Sep 21, 3:20 AM
Jan 2019
Glad to born to experience this masterpiece of an anime
Sep 21, 4:37 AM
Aug 2023
legiterally a nothing burger
Sep 21, 5:06 AM
Jul 2024
Plot twist was insane
Sep 21, 7:32 AM

Apr 2013
They really went all random in the last episode, even the cliffhanger from episode 11 was just ignored. Didn't expect Sento-kun to make an appearance, but as expected he's just too big of a deer mascot to be defeated.

So one of the most hyped anime of the season ended up being pretty... mid. The first two or three episodes were quite good, but then it got stale very fast. I had a laugh here and there, but in the end it could not deliver on the memes. 6/10
Sep 21, 8:50 AM

Feb 2020
This ending kind of doesn't make sense but I still had fun watching this anime.
Sep 21, 10:26 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to linscar
does anyone know what song was in the background after Koshitan's insert song/during the intros for the last fight? I played it in band years ago but can't remember what it is called for the life of me
linscar said:
does anyone know what song was in the background after Koshitan's insert song/during the intros for the last fight?

@linscar It's "The Washington Post" by J. P. Sousa.
It was also used in Reborn as a Vending Machine when Boxxo turned into a jukebox.

Sep 21, 3:32 PM

Jan 2021
They just kept on breaking the 4th wall cause it was the last episode. This episode was so f*cking random. The whole show is random but this was just too much. The final speech was good though.

This anime was good. Not too good, not too bad.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Sep 21, 4:06 PM
Oct 2013
This show was painfully unfunny.
Sep 21, 8:54 PM
Mar 2024
Thanks to this anime I met my wife, thanks. 10/10 Masterpiece, I need 2nd season urgently
Sep 22, 1:03 PM

Jan 2022
I lowkey enjoyed watching this one.

They kinda just did whatever they felt like doing, huh? I was hoping they would've done something else with everyone forgetting who Shika was. Here I was thinking Shika was going to pull a Netero during the Sento fight for her to fly away instead.

I guess we will never know why the green haired girl had chicks in the club room. They could've avoided the fight from the start and said, since we don't care about the turn of events, we will skip this yada yada yada.

This anime surprised me the most by a huge margin. Not sure what happened, but holy shit it was a shitpost in the form of an anime, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I really liked this one and I'm going to miss it a little. 7/10 for me and I will definitely watch S2
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 22, 4:15 PM

Mar 2021
That was hilarious, I had a great time watching it, not a single episode without laugh, so dumb but funny, thanks for this experience and breaking the 4th wall x)
Sep 22, 9:41 PM

Oct 2010
this anime moved me, one of the best things I experienced this year.
Bye bye deer club and thank you.
Sep 23, 2:58 AM
Jun 2024
THIS EPISODE IS SUCH A FEVER DREAM
Sep 23, 6:44 AM
Apr 2018
An insipid end to an insipid show. Good riddance.
Sep 23, 11:37 AM
Jun 2019
W brain rot and I feel happy but now im sad cause its gone
Sep 23, 3:48 PM

Dec 2013
I liked it some of their jokes but they landed 50% of the time for me, still a silly show that made me smile plenty of times, the teacher was my favorite character.
Sep 23, 7:35 PM

Apr 2019
last episode of Nokotan, eye of the tiger training montage parody was great, Nokotan kept losing against the mascots lol, no more Nokotan brainrot
Sep 24, 10:55 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to linscar
does anyone know what song was in the background after Koshitan's insert song/during the intros for the last fight? I played it in band years ago but can't remember what it is called for the life of me
@linscar
Washington Post March by John Philip Sousa
Sep 25, 2:53 PM
Apr 2021
10/10 Peak Brainrot
Sep 26, 12:24 PM

Jul 2022
what a final episode! it wasn't as epic as I thought it would be but the mascots were funny enough and that final battle was so funny when Nokotan started flying lol anyway I do wish there were a few character stuff that got resolved though...
Sep 26, 2:29 PM

Feb 2011
there's so much good slapstick comedy in the anime verse, like "Kono healer mendokusai!" or "Saiki kusuo"

then there's this trash.

got old 3 episodes in and never got better, more funny, or anything

this is sub mid. I almost want to put it in Pupa tier for trash that i've sat through.

4/10.

2 points for the "shikaaaa... shikaaaa!" women and 2 for Bashame, she was adorable.

We need a Bashame anime, not this gutter slime.

Sep 26, 2:54 PM
May 2024
lmao, this anime is so fun :D
Sep 27, 8:45 AM

Dec 2020
I loved this finale!!! It brought back everything from the past episodes and even had a training montage! This season has been funny all the way throughout and always maintained it's core comedy! I'm going to recommend this to any of my friends whenever they ask me for a comedy anime! Amazing!
Sep 29, 3:59 PM
Jul 2024
My next summer 24 review is a show that came in with big expectations, but fell relatively flat, and that is comedy anime mydeerfriendnokotan. The show focuses on the high school class present, Koshi, who’s secretly a former delinquent. At the start of her final term, she comes across as girl with antlers, who we come to know as the true star of the show, the deer girl shikanoko. The show focuses on their daily escapades as they run the newly formed deer club at the school.

The show has many hilarious moments throughout the 12 episode season. The issue I, and many in the western community had, is its gag comedy. Gag comedy works quite well for its target audience in Japan, as many comedy shows on TV are of similar ilk. But for westerners, real comedies that stand out follow an actual story and mix the hilarity between each episode. So for as many funny moments as the show had, it had an equal amount or even more moments where the comedy is corny and lame. The randomness of the show was a mix of hilarious and too nonsensical to be truly funny. I also wasn’t a fan of the supporting characters, composing of a cat girl, a girl obsessed with rice, and Koshi’s sister, who’s a siscon and very creepily obsessed with her sister. I will say though, the anime does a great job of incorporating a funny narrator and their breaking of the 4th wall at various points of the season was solidly done most times.

As for the rest of the show, the animation is solid, with horrific CGI a decent comedy point, yet moments where we get highly detailed facial designs, which is always a great animation piece. The musical composition fits the style of the show ok enough. And one other positive is the show does an amazing job of highlighting many real life landmarks and characteristics of Japan, acting at times as a great tourist commercial for many cities, mostly focusing on the prefecture of Nara, which is known for their wild deer as an attraction. In all, I wouldn’t recommend this show (available on crunchyroll) to people who have my type of comedy desires, but if you like gag comedy, you’ll love it. I gave it a simple 3/5.
Sep 29, 6:28 PM
Aug 2023
Reply to Softhenic03
Man, this series is tooooo fucking UNSERIOUS. Like they legit had everyone with that cliffhanger last episode when they went “who’s Shikanoko” and kind of almost a pulled a game-changing plot twist, but hey, it’s onto us that we believed them, I mean they shrugged off the very fact of a serious plot twist in the very first minute of the episode itself. So yeah, can’t say the entire premise of Shikanoko being in danger, which just had to be followed by yet another of their quiz competitions was just eh… add the in-ring debut of her as well, which of course had to be against a character…

… as cartoony as that, whatever that was. Seriously, it seems they forgot they were animating a finale episode, or maybe that’s just how this series is. It’s one thing to be actually funny, which tbh, this series wasn’t or maybe was here and there, but it just tried too hard to be funny, and things do go stale when something “tries” to be funny. Worked for this series in the first couple of episodes, but yeah, going forward it just became too random and too chaotic to care about anything. See this finale for reference lol. Don’t feel like I’ll miss this.
@Softhenic03 I have to agree and it was breaking the fourth wall too many times
Sep 30, 8:33 PM

Feb 2019
I didn't really appreciate this show while it was ongoing, but now I find myself sad that it's over. This was actually a lot of fun, even if a lot of the jokes didn't really land, and I'm gonna miss tuning in to this to see Nokotan every week
RobertRottenSep 30, 8:36 PM
"Do you believe in gravity?"
Oct 2, 3:39 PM
Nov 2023
shikanoko nokonoko koshitantan
Oct 3, 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
meh anime and meh wrestling or whatever episode, Akiba trip the animation was way better and no one watched or care about it.
Oct 6, 1:07 AM
Mar 2024
oh nokotan how silly u are. series as a whole would have been a 10/10 if not for the incest
Oct 11, 4:58 AM

Sep 2017
Ngl I kinda enjoyed this anime
هیچوقت بهتر نمیشه
Oct 12, 3:29 PM

Oct 2013
Holy moly, there was even a Hokuto no Ken reference!!!

Noko was determined and focused, but it was not enough to beat Sento-kun. His immense power and epic entrance were just too much. Luckily, at the end, both of them won, so Noko won't have to leave Hino and the Deer Club can exist as it have been up until now, haha.

What a wonderful, creative, wholesome, and funny anime. I had a lot of fun while watching it. I'm gonna miss the Deer Club.
Oct 13, 3:07 PM
Mar 2012
I really enjoyed this, even though I thought half the main cast sucked. Anko and Bashame contributed almost nothing, but Nokotan and Koshitan were so good that I don't even care
1 hour ago

Dec 2020
Ok cliffhanger diversion got me good.

Overall though with how popular with amount the of social media hype it had I kinda set the baaaaar too high. The show was sometimes funny but more just super cute instead imo.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 21

66 by Eva_PhoenixAnime »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jul 17

158 by MaggieShmallow »»
Yesterday, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 11

85 by Adnash »»
Oct 12, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4

75 by Adnash »»
Oct 11, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28

75 by Adnash »»
Oct 11, 10:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.