Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Quality Assurance in Another World
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
Well, they're actually serious about going to find Haga and her friends. Gotta say this episode took them on a more dangerous journey than I expected with the amount of monsters that were in their paths.

Haga is very determined in his goals so I admire his fighting spirit throughout this journey. His personality is also being slowly fleshed out.
Jul 19, 10:56 AM

Feb 2020
Nikola and Haga's dangerous adventure continues. I hope they find a way to help Haga's friends.

That hand monster looked quite creepy.

SerafosJul 20, 1:54 AM
Jul 19, 11:41 AM
Sep 2015
I only play a few games but my understanding is that players usually get stuck due to glitches while playing normally and debug mode actually help passing these glitchy situations. This anime seems to be the other way around.
Jul 19, 12:15 PM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode to a very enjoyable series so far, Nikola and Haga work so well together.
Jul 19, 12:41 PM
Jul 2014
So, the AI game master shows up and talks to you and you never once ask what happened to the developers and why you can't log out? Wouldn't allowing the bad testers to log out also solve the issue?

And what was the point of visiting the temple?
Jul 19, 1:43 PM

Dec 2023
Reply to Mirality
So, the AI game master shows up and talks to you and you never once ask what happened to the developers and why you can't log out? Wouldn't allowing the bad testers to log out also solve the issue?

@Mirality

Good point about not asking the AI why the hell they can't log out, I wondered the same lol and I hope it to be addressed next week if they interface again.

RE visiting the temple - I think he wanted to go and tell his friends he was going off to try something new (the story) and would be gone for a while.
Jul 19, 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
We got an actual mission for the two main characters, the AI said that they should keep working to finish the game, I imagine it is Tron rules where time inside the game in much slower.
Jul 19, 1:45 PM

Dec 2023
Another great episode, something really unsettling about his friends being stuck in the glitches, reminds me of playing MMOs in mid 2000s but the added detail of me actually feeling what it would be like to be stuck in a death loop or half ghosted through a floor for a year is really scary thought.

Nice work from Monica Flatley switching from cute companion to sinister AI.

Another show that has a rating on MAL and CR that does not represent its quality IMO, seems to be a common trend this summer.
Jul 19, 2:27 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to phantomfandom
I only play a few games but my understanding is that players usually get stuck due to glitches while playing normally and debug mode actually help passing these glitchy situations. This anime seems to be the other way around.
@phantomfandom you can cause way more harm if you don't know what you're doing when using console commands. Debugging usually is done with extra external tools that can edit memory and trace running code and do finer things. console commands are little more than shortcuts to do the more common things like setting up scenarios for tests.
Jul 19, 2:40 PM

Dec 2016
Never been a fan of mustache twirling villians, it just cheapens whatever kind of storyline the author is triying to get to.

The sudden twist of an IA being the culprit Nikola is still alive also feels kinda meh. Not to mention it feels like a cop out not to show what happened to Namiko after she ate the tablet.

I'll still watch some more episodes because I'm intrigued where this new events will lead to.
Jul 19, 4:37 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to Mirality

@Mirality
Haga brought Nikola to the temple because she insistently wanted to meet his remaining companions and also because he wished to see them one last time before departing once again for another journey.
Jul 19, 5:17 PM

Jun 2023
Wow those coin boys look creepy.
Jul 19, 6:23 PM

Nov 2016
Haga's comrades met a cruel fate(frankly it's a bit funny too lol)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 19, 7:07 PM
Feb 2020
Haga really always been a stickler to the rules.But at least he has an actual solid reason not to use debug mode seeing what happened to his friends.
Jul 19, 7:28 PM

Feb 2015
I love the enemy designs in this game they're so delightfully disturbing

OH BOY T-POSING GUARD #7
Censorship is vandalism.
Jul 19, 7:54 PM
Nov 2021
Somewhat engaging concept lost amongst QUALITY and mediocre writing. Wasted potential.

Hellena Prison ost? LOD in 2024?
Lurik259Jul 19, 8:01 PM
Jul 19, 9:16 PM

Mar 2013
Those disgusting debuggers are killing NPCs like it's a toy... Disgusting.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 19, 9:37 PM
Apr 2024
how stupid can you be when you know you need to stick together but you keep walking away while talking without paying any attention, that's why she got kidnapped. I guess that's the only way to move the plot forward.. but still, I hate it when people are being stupid and careless..
Jul 20, 2:35 AM

Nov 2013
Now that was an unexpected development. AI is asking to eliminate debuggers. Should we assume this AI is responsible for removing Logout button? Who else would? I'm left with an impression this AI wanted humans to fix and improve the game (itself) and basically took debuggers as prisoners. Wonder if that's the case.
T-posing NPC coming at you must be a nightmare fuel when you're stuck in the game :D
Jul 20, 2:44 AM

May 2021
At first I though it was just unique drawing style, now all I can see is inexperienced artists or at least whoever is doing frames between key frames. Can't say am overall interested in the story.
Jul 20, 3:14 AM
Mar 2022
The guard at the end asserting dominance by T posing on them was truly the highlight.
Jul 20, 4:30 AM

May 2015
You've heard of "If you die in the game you die in real life" but "If you glitch in the game your stuck like that indefinitely" might just top that. Also, Haga's got to beat cheaters without cheating himself. He has his work cut out for him!
Jul 20, 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Nikola sure caught on the jobs of the Seekers being debuggers, for good or for worse.

As both Haga and Nikola make their way to the Advent Altar, Sakai goes back to his boss to report on the findings, though as debuggers themselves of Play-Inc, they're not particularly good people. Still, for what seems like half a day, they took rather long to reach the dungeon...and Nikola gets tempted by the Coin Boys enough for Haga to come haunting it, leaving Haga to save her out of its sacrificial event.

Turns out, the Advent Altar also houses Kuro and Namiko, being stuck to their positions ever since they can't log out the game, using debug mode to enhance their own entertainment. Only him and Jin remain serious to clear the bugs, as with Jin joining a party to see if the game can be cleared. But to have an NPC like Nikola being controlled by the debug stones through Tesla, the meta AI that runs the game, requesting Haga to eliminate the debuggers who try to use debug mode for their use.

In a way, Haga getting rewarded by the meta AI to extradite debuggers not doing their work, it's karma coming towards those who don't obey its rule.
Jul 20, 11:52 AM
Oct 2022
That's it, I'm traumatized for the next 5 years.. These monsters were absolutely terrifying🥲
Jul 20, 1:24 PM

Nov 2012
Why are Kuro's pants down? He's been trying for a year to pull him out and he never thought about pulling up Kuro's pants? What has ...ok I'm not going there.

Why didn't he ask the game master why he couldn't log out? Or perhaps what happened to the outside world? He didn't even bother to ask about Jin after being told he was the only one doing the job.
Jul 20, 2:38 PM
Jul 2019
Nikola... Tesla, convenient
Jul 20, 2:39 PM

Jun 2019
I don't quite understand why Haga seems to be referring to it as a game and using gaming and digital computing-based terminology with Nikola and she accepts it and engages in the conversational exchange without seemingly any reaction about this seeming extremely bizarre, regarding the world being "broken" and such. I get that the setting of the world of the video game is a fantasy world roughly analogous to something like medieval Europe in terms of civilizational development, culture, and technology, and so video games and their consoles, computers, digital interfaces, etc. themselves and the entire concept of them don't actually exist within that world for Nikola or any other NPC to recognize as such.

But even if video games never existed in our own world on Earth - or even back 70, 120, 500 years ago when they actually didn't, wouldn't someone referring to the world and various aspects within it as if it's some broken artificial thing with glitches lead the person being addressed down the rabbit hole of some crazy religious or philosophical existential crisis?
WatchTillTandavaJul 20, 2:43 PM
Jul 20, 3:09 PM

Sep 2020
Reply to WatchTillTandava
I don't quite understand why Haga seems to be referring to it as a game and using gaming and digital computing-based terminology with Nikola and she accepts it and engages in the conversational exchange without seemingly any reaction about this seeming extremely bizarre, regarding the world being "broken" and such. I get that the setting of the world of the video game is a fantasy world roughly analogous to something like medieval Europe in terms of civilizational development, culture, and technology, and so video games and their consoles, computers, digital interfaces, etc. themselves and the entire concept of them don't actually exist within that world for Nikola or any other NPC to recognize as such.

But even if video games never existed in our own world on Earth - or even back 70, 120, 500 years ago when they actually didn't, wouldn't someone referring to the world and various aspects within it as if it's some broken artificial thing with glitches lead the person being addressed down the rabbit hole of some crazy religious or philosophical existential crisis?
@WatchTillTandava
Nikola thinks that the world she lives in is broken, incomplete and malfunctioning for various fantastical reasons and that King's Seekers like Haga (only Haga to be precise) are fixing it because it's their duty.
It seems that at the moment the meta game aspect of flagging and debugging stuff is kinda lost on her.
Jul 21, 5:51 AM
Apr 2014
KanameYuuki said:
We got an actual mission for the two main characters, the AI said that they should keep working to finish the game, I imagine it is Tron rules where time inside the game in much slower.

for sure. I don't think they've been trapped as long as they think, and they probably are gonna be fired when they come out and realize they didn't do their jobs at all
Jul 21, 5:53 AM
Apr 2014
WatchTillTandava said:

it keeps him in "work mode" which keeps him sane. plus the ai seems to just ignore him saying that stuff, which is probably what an ai npc would do in a real game as to not break the world setting tbh
Jul 21, 5:57 AM
Apr 2014
MeanEYE said:
At first I though it was just unique drawing style, now all I can see is inexperienced artists or at least whoever is doing frames between key frames. Can't say am overall interested in the story.

you are probably right, lots of newbies must be getting a shot at this. I'm particularly dubious of the storyboard, lots of scenes are coming across weird. latest example being the npcs doing the cliche anime awkward glance in response to the prospect of being splatted against the wall.
Jul 21, 6:01 AM

Jun 2019
Armio said:
plus the ai seems to just ignore him saying that stuff, which is probably what an ai npc would do in a real game as to not break the world setting tbh

In other words, it doesn't sound "like anything" to them.
Jul 21, 3:05 PM
Jul 2024
I think the motive for the bad debuggers trying to capture Haga is flimsy. They haven’t laid out a clear reason why they care. Even in the last episode, I asked myself why those two were even after him. So what if he didn’t want to join you? And why did you need him? I suppose they have a slight motive since he’s basically doomed their friend to an eternity of falling, but then again they don’t really seem like the care about their friend. So yeah, that part of the story is not very compelling to me. Yet each episode, I find myself wanting to see what happens with Haga next. So I’ll be back.
Jul 21, 3:54 PM
Apr 2014
Miyazaki__ said:
I think the motive for the bad debuggers trying to capture Haga is flimsy. They haven’t laid out a clear reason why they care. Even in the last episode, I asked myself why those two were even after him. So what if he didn’t want to join you? And why did you need him? I suppose they have a slight motive since he’s basically doomed their friend to an eternity of falling, but then again they don’t really seem like the care about their friend. So yeah, that part of the story is not very compelling to me. Yet each episode, I find myself wanting to see what happens with Haga next. So I’ll be back.

maybe they don't want the game fixed? they're banking on the game company keeping their bodies alive or something. Debugging is a low pay job
Jul 22, 9:13 PM

Apr 2009
"Here are my friends" *cut to guy with ass sticking out of the floor* How... what... never mind. Seriously, if I were glitched into a wall or a death/rebirth loop for a year because someone was too self righteous to get me out of with the debug tablet when I got out of the game I'd find him and punch him in the face.

The AI showing up was an interesting development, especially this early, but left some big questions that I don't think there are any satisfying answers to. Why didn't Haga ask them any questions about his situation? A year trapped in the game doing mundane debugging and this is the first even slightest hint of a possibility of an answer and he doesn't jump on it? Also, if the AI wants debugging to continue, why not reveal themselves to the humans? Knowing there's some sort of power in the game or actual purpose for it is going to motivate them.

NPC darts is kind of scummy, but then again I'd make sprawling urban capitals and then crash meteors into them and kill thousands in Sim City, so who among us can judge?

The pace has been surprisingly quick over the last few episodes, but I think would've liked a couple to just take some time and have Haga show Nikola more of the ropes and build some camaraderie. Oh well, I'm enjoying it so not like I can complain that much.
Jul 22, 11:45 PM
Jan 2016
good anime, good characters, good plot, and also good animation
Jul 23, 2:22 PM

Jul 2011
MeanEYE said:

Yeah, sadly.

The story is not very well written either, Whole "conflict' between debuggers is pulled out of thin air, as well as this "master" AI, etc.

I liked the concept and implementation of "coin monsters" also some stuff here and there was worth watching, but in general quite meh episode.

Will wait couple of more before dropping, though don't have high expectations :/
Jul 23, 2:35 PM

May 2021
Reply to nick_el_son
MeanEYE said:

Yeah, sadly.

The story is not very well written either, Whole "conflict' between debuggers is pulled out of thin air, as well as this "master" AI, etc.

I liked the concept and implementation of "coin monsters" also some stuff here and there was worth watching, but in general quite meh episode.

Will wait couple of more before dropping, though don't have high expectations :/
@nick_el_son it did have potential and if nothing else it's a fresh idea. Even if it's not new it hasn't been reused to all hell. Sadly the execution is severely lacking.
Jul 25, 3:55 PM
Jan 2017
Was thinking of dropping this after 2 episodes. But, three episodes rule, here I am. The backstory of other dutiful debuggers and learning about Nikola's alter ego increased my interest.
Wow! That girl has an appetite.
Aug 31, 12:17 AM

Jun 2024
Crawling around in grass slowly was hilarious.
Nikola being swayed by gold coins was funny.
After seeing what happened to his workmates, Haga is a smart person for not using debugging.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Oct 2, 6:13 AM

Jun 2022
not a fan of this type of mc . am out , sayonara sekai!
RGreatDantonOct 2, 7:13 AM
Oct 12, 10:11 AM
Dec 2014
Still not sure what to make of this anime..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27

39 by Muow »»
Oct 13, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6

30 by Muow »»
Oct 12, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 16

27 by TechOtaku »»
Oct 12, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12

60 by AkiFosu »»
Oct 11, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5

58 by AkiFosu »»
Oct 11, 8:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.