Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 1:23 PM
DANDYISM

Aug 2022
This chapter was peak
DANGER LEVEL: STRANGEROUSLY DANGEROUS

Strdangerous (Adj.): Word Used To Describe An Unspeakable Horror Which Has Been Sealed Deep Within The Core Of The Reality Verse
Jun 24, 1:29 PM
Mar 2021
Art is amazing! Pacing is very different from the game and some choices were “questionable” but we’ll see how it continues! Curious to know how people who never touched the game felt about this chapter
Jun 24, 1:43 PM
Jan 2022
too early to judge how everything is being done, imo
Jun 24, 1:55 PM
flower boy

Jun 2013
i loved itttt, i think even though they're doing things a little differently that it works pretty well!!! and the horror is so well done aaa
Jun 24, 4:25 PM
Jan 2018
the artstyle is so cute ^_^ i wonder how close will they follow the game's plot in later chapters
Jun 24, 10:34 PM

Jan 2023
It's finally real!
I think I need to see a few more chapters first to decide if it's as good as the game.
One of my favorite things about the game's prologue section is how it makes you think "oh this is just a wholesome story about a group of friends, right?" But later, out of nowhere you get hit with tonal whiplash... and this dark mystery starts unfolding, which leaves you a bit disturbed but very intrigued. Here, things are being shown in almost the opposite order, as it starts with the real world first. I'm not sure yet if it sets up as good of a premise, and it also feels like the scenes go by rather fast. Omocat did say OMORI was made as a game because the story didn't fit a comic format as well, but that was a long time ago, so we shall see how it is...

The art looks great even though it's a different style, and there's a lot put into the environment backgrounds. The panel layouts also keep things interesting, and everything is adapted into the manga format very well visually.
I feel like it was a bit strange that Aubrey actually uses her bat as a weapon, because I think it was only for intimidation in the game (or maybe I'm just forgetting). Also, Sunny using the knife, I thought it would be a small shoulder/leg injury of some kind, but he really be sending people to the emergency room, zamn...

Edit: I SUDDENLY REALIZED why they are releasing it on every 25th of the month... It's so chapters can be on Christmas day...
Lemon_SnickersJun 25, 1:46 AM
Cause every time I wake up in the morning I got burgers on my mind
Jun 25, 3:00 AM

Nov 2015
art style is nice! i dont know if this will be rushed, but the pacing is very different so im excited to see how this turns out.

Jun 25, 6:32 AM

Jan 2021
I have been eagerly anticipating this moment, and finally, it has arrived!
The art style is absolutely fantastic, and It executed very well. Mangaka knew what they were doing.
I can already tell that the story is going to be absolutely thrilling, I can hardly contain my excitement to see what unfolds next.
I am eagerly looking forward to future chapters and where this journey will take us!

Mari best girl.
Jun 25, 5:07 PM
Nov 2023
They covered a surprising amount in just the first chapter! I trust that they'll really deliver the story well. It's such a good story and I understand that a lot of people don't want to commit to a game as long as Omori is so hopefully this will be a more accessible way for them to experience it (especially when it's complete). For now, I can't wait to see how they explore this world!
Jun 25, 5:45 PM

Apr 2022
haven't played the game but saw some hype around this adaptation and wanted to give it a try, decent start and it gives me taizan 5's manga (takopii and ichinose) vibes. art and paneling is nice. bro definitely has trauma, interested to see how this goes.
Jun 26, 7:33 AM
Jan 2023
I didn't really enjoy it.
Jun 26, 2:53 PM
Sep 2023
literally peak fiction
Jun 26, 5:14 PM

Dec 2021
Legit played up to the part where this chapter ended. Remember that exact same dialogue that Basil had in the game as one of the last I heard lol. Not that I had a problem with the game itself, it's just that I find games like that kinda a drag in a way.

Always found the whole premise of Omori interesting, so, I'm glad I can enjoy it in a different way then the game. Kinda a different start than the game, but this chapter really hooks you, so I don't see a problem with it. Really digging the art style as well.

Really looking forward to more of this, and hope they adapt the entire game.

Jun 26, 7:00 PM
Dec 2022
I just started it and didn't understand anything tbh since I haven't played the game. But if was surprisingly good (the first ch).
Jun 26, 7:32 PM

Aug 2018
Yeah, I know it's too early to criticize it as a whole, but as a huge Omori fan, I just need to say this is not a good adaptation.
The art is great and beautiful, but they messed up the plot so much.
For those who haven't played the game yet, in the beginning, Sunny goes to the Headspace (as Omori obviously), but the time he passes there before that scene when Kel knocks on the door is very long, the whole chapter should cover the headspace events, because there was a lot of setup and character introduction there, here we don't have it, Sunny goes to real life too much early, and we are presented to the current version of Aubrey, Kel and Basil, there won't be any surprise at all, the only ones who will even care for this plot are those who played the game.
The manga black and white color also contributes to kill this adaptation, since color is very important to portrait aesthetics in the game, when you're in Headspace, it's way more colorful, when you're in White Space, it's completely black and white, so, in a manga, it doesn't work, because it's all just black and white.
I really loved the Mari jumpscare in the beginning though, creepy ass, and the anime comic facial expressions are working pretty well.
I'm really looking forward to see how the next chapters will be, and I'm not disappointed since I didn't expect too much for this bad idea at first place.
Jun 26, 11:56 PM
Dec 2021
that beginning is not giving me a good impression. It should've been the beginning of the game instead of this fast-forward chapter
Jun 27, 7:55 AM
Sep 2010
I love the art, at first I thought it was weird that they started with Real Life stuff and showed too much stuff upfront but I think I understand why, I think they want the first chapter to reflect more or less what the plot is going to be about and also be as interesting as possible for people unfamiliar with OMORI. I've seen it a lot lately, like how the first episodes of anime adaptations are 1 hour long frequently so that they cover important twists that reflect the series tone: eg. OSHI no KO's twist or Frieren's twist.

In general I like it a lot but I hope from here onwards it follows the game's pacing more closely.
Jul 6, 6:52 PM
May 2023
pretty great but weird pacing
Jul 7, 1:04 PM
Jul 2023
I played the game and I can say that I really like and love how it is drawn, the art style I love it, I don't know why but I think that it really suits the story and characters and it gives me really the feeling of nostalgia in a way, probably the single thing that it didn't suits them is that, they look in a way more immature when in the game they look more mature but it didn't bothered me a lot, i like the eyes, the expressions on the faces of characters, how they interact with each other, the reaction of Aubrey when she was cut by Sunny, like her reaction looked really real, the reactions of the characters and how Mari was insanely drawn at the beginning like holy fuck. I think that the single things that I found so to say weird were that sometimes Sunny or Omori or the other characters apart from Aubrey and Mari, stood feminine like girls or that they stayed weird with their hands or fingers and when it comes to the sizes of characters probably but they didn't bothered me a lot, I think that it fits in a way with the art. I really can't wait for the next volumes to come out, I just hope the volumes will come fast, I'm really curious how will be the next volumes, how the art style will be and because the story will probably be a little different from the game which I think that it will not be really that bad or it will be the same, just some things changed, it is unknown, is just the first volume, it is true that it didn't started as in the game and got it very fast in the real world but it didn't bothered me a lot, like the manga to just be a little different from the game is in a way better because if it will be the same as in the game no one will be anymore interested in playing the game because they already know the story from the manga, ok I know that there are more endings in the game but that is just the thing, like it will make the people and manga readers curious how it is in the game and they will start playing the game too, I just hope that it will be possible in a way for everything to be introduced from the game in the manga, the horror, characters, dialogues and etc.

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/948781846489015640/
https://www.pinterest.de/pin/799881583881074697/
https://www.pinterest.de/pin/799881583881074489/
https://www.pinterest.de/pin/843721311471372186/
https://www.pinterest.de/pin/899171881846500136/
https://www.pinterest.de/pin/667025394842735520/

5 Loved it!
Jul 14, 7:28 AM
Feb 2021
Hard to say since we're still on chapter 1, but I don't think I prefer how this version of the story starts. Spoilers for the game ahead in case you want to use this manga as your introduction to the story.

I do think I'll still enjoy this a lot, though. When all is said and done, I still love this story and these characters, and the art looks really nice.
Jul 20, 8:16 AM
Dec 2016
I feel like it's going to be a good adaptation. It's well done and the details and conversations bring back a lot of memories for me. I was surprised that it started with Sunny meeting Kel again, but I think it was a good way to start to get to know White Space. I want to know what they are going to adapt from the game.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Omori Chapter 4 Discussion

Lemon_Snickers - Sep 25

0 by Lemon_Snickers »»
Sep 25, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Omori Chapter 3 Discussion

yoroshikus - Aug 22

2 by oleir »»
Aug 24, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Omori Chapter 2 Discussion

Lemon_Snickers - Jul 25

3 by TheBoogerHead »»
Jul 25, 9:48 PM

» artstyle

g10r1x - Jun 24

2 by zech »»
Jun 27, 1:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.