Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 6, 3:38 PM
Feb 2023
No new ep today i take?
Jul 6, 7:19 PM
Jan 2021
The irony is quite something to see. Endeavor’s first project to surpass All Might faces his perfect creation… At least that’s how it started. But, both Shoto and Toya changed their paths and aimed for different goals.

Dabi’s rage was intense and represented by the simple fact that his flames are hotter than Endeavor’s (also due to him not having any senses). All of Endeavor’s sidekicks along with Iida are there to back Shoto up as he prepares his version of Flashfire, one that produces COLD FLAMES.

Finally he’s found a way to combine his ice and fire despite the two being conflicting powers. He’s harmonizing his power and come to terms with who he is and what he wants to become. This fight wasn’t just about stopping Dabi, but for Shoto to move on with the rest of his laugh and become the type of hero that he wants to be.

Now that Dabi is out of the picture, that leaves the fight against All For One. What can they do against his army of quirks? Does Endeavor actually have what it takes to stop him or will Deku have to stop both All For One and Shigaraki?

It was interesting to learn that Dabi was originally gonna be All For One’s vessel, but due to his desire to die contrasting All For One’s desire to live forever, that changed things. Also Dabi was too deranged to be manipulated.

Let’s see how the rest of this finale goes…
Jul 7, 3:28 AM

Dec 2013
A very strong episode with a lot of emotional moments. Todoroki and his family drama is something I've always enjoyed so I loved this episode.
Jul 7, 8:53 AM

Jul 2022
Awesome episode. Animation absolutely went totally fucking nuts, Dabi is one of the best characters to watch on screen. Wish there was like slightly more movement in this fight and less talking / flashbacks but lol still a fun watch.
Jul 8, 3:07 AM
Sep 2015
I'm super late on this thread but I hope it's not too late to compliment this amazing episode. True, it's not action-packed as someone wish it to be but in my opinion the investment in emotion is more important than action in this context.
Jul 8, 4:38 AM

Apr 2024
Honestly pretty good episode. Dabi and Shoto face off for an epic battle and Shoto wins.
Jul 16, 1:14 PM

Apr 2013
Shoto is my favorite character in this show, but the episode was so slow, that it was just "alright".
Jul 17, 12:09 PM
Jun 2015
Dabi….such a tragic character. I feel sorry him. He was a product of Endeavor’s horrible parenting. All he wanted was to be accepted by his father.

Even after he survived, he rejected AFO and only wanted to be guided by his father. But even after Endeavor thought Dabi died, he carried his child abuse to the other children, who could have also ended up being just like Dabi as well.

Fortunately, Todoroki had good people around him and stepped up to be the one to take charge of not only beating Dabi, but stopping his brother by force.

It was a showdown we were all looking forward to, and it did not miss!
Jul 28, 2:47 PM

Sep 2017
They better finally kill a villain in this series. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't
هیچوقت بهتر نمیشه
Jul 30, 6:24 PM

Oct 2019
Were the emotional speeches always so tedious in this show? It's been a while since I've watched the first couple seasons, but I swear they weren't this repetitive before... I didn't mind the flashbacks, but my god, stop standing there shouting platitudes at each other
Aug 1, 6:05 AM

Jun 2019
A beautiful episode. Loved the amazing fight and the emotional backstory of both these kids. It's a heartbreaking family. Shoto faced his big brother like an absolute champ and I hope Dabi is down for good. Really amazing episode.
Aug 4, 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
simply a wonderful episode
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Aug 4, 9:50 PM

Mar 2012
Absolutely beautiful, from beginning to end, one of the best episodes ever.
Aug 9, 10:32 AM

Feb 2021
Nice backstory but to be fair after 3 years, it was totally understandable to stop searching for Touya. He could have just shown up then in front of Enji. Yes he was an asshole but he would've welcomed him back with open arms.

Animation picked up coz damn Dabi's moves looked sick. Shoto's Phosphor looked amazing. Easily one of the best fight scenes across the series.

This episode was so well done. Definitely carried more emotional weight than in the manga, at least to me. Shoto's dialogues were so good and him thanking class A for always helping him was nice. People always say how far bakugou has come but honestly I think Shoto and the Todoroki's have had better growth and it was really well done.
DeonXAug 9, 10:44 AM
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Aug 12, 6:24 PM
Jul 2017
you would hope the climax of Dabi's story is less flashbacks and more action. the action was whack and the fighting wasn't particularly well choreographed. Shoto's new power reveal was pretty trash and this was mediocre.
Aug 19, 8:07 AM
Nov 2017
What an amazing episode oh my God. Shoto and Dabis battle was something else. The feelings, the words, the music, it touched me!
Aug 19, 10:14 AM
Mar 2023
Till now watched till episode 8 and have to say the fights are going very insane till now, starting 4-5 ep were build up and real action begins. I can't wait to see more ep of this season, but only 13/21 ep have released so far, and according to my calculations, hopefully the last ep would be on 12 October, and I couldn't bear the suspense so I would watch it once whole season is released. I want to enjoy it to fullest and watching it with all eps lined would be amazing.

Random Guy on Internet
dark_spirit010Aug 19, 10:21 AM
Aug 26, 5:50 PM

Jun 2015
A really nice episode. Faithfully adapted from the manga and pretty well animated.
Sep 6, 10:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah... Todoroki's brother past and what led to this fight was good before the conclusion, of course Todoroki won that fight but his final arctic attack was just impressive.
Sep 8, 5:43 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This one is one hell of a cool fight featuring coldflame and, the flame. Never expect the past story of Dabi coming from the doctor tho. Which surprisingly all truly comes from the works of AfO, that's turns out to be a failure. The story sure loves to circle back at its beginning, eh?

Dabi is indeed doing a very well done villain shenanigans there. While his half-baked lil bro for sure is the one that stop the madness of his big bro on the right spot. Its frosty. What a sweet fight within those brotherhood. So sweet its actually quite burning, and, freezing..

Now onto the another next location, shall we?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 18, 1:16 AM

Jul 2008
I got chills.....literally. Who turned up the AC???
Oct 6, 7:11 AM

May 2015
I haven't watched a duel this emotionally charged and beautiful since Zuko vs Azula. Holy shit. I've got tears in my eyes. Actual tears. The music, the imagery, the characters. This was art. Holy shit.
Oct 9, 1:17 PM
Aug 2024
This was one of the most beautiful and powerful episodes I’ve ever seen from any film.
Oct 12, 7:58 AM

Mar 2015
And so it seems Shouto comes out the victor!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 13, 2:41 PM
Oct 2024
Oo Dabi, we got to see what happens after he almost burns to death, cool.
Yesterday, 1:47 PM

Nov 2012
this whole season has really felt the "finally some good fucking food" meme to me for MHA.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12

129 by Fatephile »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5

153 by Undeadgirl »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21

82 by Undeadgirl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

86 by Undeadgirl »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3

119 by JVskunkape »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.