Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 9, 3:21 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to SUPER_CANNES
Beautiful episode!! I'm a bit conflicted, as this is probably my favorite episode of the series thus far, but it's fair to say the conflict resolution felt a bit rushed. Kumiko gave a speech and that's it? So Reina was right? Not that I didn't agree with her, but a two-cour season would have let things breathe and flow much more naturally. I think Mayu is still on edge, the framing after Kumiko's speech showed as much. Looking back on it, I hope they don't rush things further by wrapping everything up in 3 episodes.
SUPER_CANNES said:
it's fair to say the conflict resolution felt a bit rushed. Kumiko gave a speech and that's it? So Reina was right? Not that I didn't agree with her, but a two-cour season would have let things breathe and flow much more naturally.

I agree it did feel a little bit rushed, and it didn't 100% make sense how things worked out, especially why Reina suddenly decided to support Kumiko.

I think the show is trying to say that it was more important to have Kumiko the president clearly and honestly communicate what her thinking is behind her actions, rather than what specific actions she is taking.

Even when there are problems, people put their faith in a leader if they understand what the leader believes in and is trying to achieve. That's not an excuse for not dealing with actual problems, but it's an important facet of leadership and goes a long way to keep people on-board.

I may be reading into it too much, but I think Reina was looking for something like that in Kumiko. Outside of her (blind) faith in Taki, Reina seemed as upset about Kumiko being indecisive as she was about Kumiko disagreeing with her, and she seemed to think that she was made "the bad guy here," with no one to counteract her style. In their notebook conversation, Reina for once agrees that Kumiko should address the club "properly."

Hopefully the show can still find the time to flesh out how exactly this conflict was resolved. Everyone had to then go do the performance right away, after all.
Jun 9, 3:51 PM
May 2024
Incredible! I just love everything about this anime. Episode with good intellectual development in kumiko, sometimes leaving the filters of the social environment is essential to solve some problems. Only three episodes left...
Jun 9, 3:54 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Cestlavie_
LornMalvo said:
@Cestlavie_ really? Don't you see the difference? K-on! plotless, there's no character development, the dialogues are empty and don't move anyone anywhere. Should I continue?

My point is that this season has been more drama focused than actual music, we've not heard them perform once, so I was comparing it to K-on, which has a similar problem
@Cestlavie_ Okay, I got it. Nevertheless, it is obvious that the musical performance will be at the end of the season. Since season 3, consisting of 13 episodes, includes the time span of seasons 1 and 2 (26 episodes), unfortunately many moments had to be compressed.
LornMalvoJun 9, 3:58 PM
Jun 9, 4:14 PM
May 2024
again and again, the girl is blind to stupid love, of course Reina!! This girl makes me really annoyed, I'm not kidding. the word annoying is not enough to explain it. She always thought that Taki-sensei was always right and she didn't even try to question the damn glasses guy's decisions. In the previous episode, she even said that Kumiko failed as a leader just because Kumiko didn't agree with Taki Sensei.

In this episode, Kumiko really thinks about a lot of things, Kaori the angel is the MVP in this episode OMG KAORI SO CUUUUTE!!! Well, I can understand that being the leader of a band is not easy. There is always rivalry here, especially between upperclassmen and lowerclassmen. Even so, Kumiko was finally able to say what she had wanted to say all this time. Even though it's a bit late, it's still better than Reina (the girl who is blind to love and not neutral), or Shuichi who is completely useless. all he did was bend at the last minute.

I wonder if Kumiko will be able to snatch Mayu's solo part after this incident. because if not everything will just end in vain. Mayu is as usual arrogant and overconfident. I hope Kumiko can take revenge by showing a brilliant performance in the next audition.

BTW, does anyone know, having made it this far, will this anime still follow the light novel adaptation? personally I don't mind if it doesn't become a yuri story, but honestly I don't like Kumiko ending up with Shuichi. I don't know, but from the past until now in my eyes this person is just a lousy character who is not important. Kumiko better not date anyone, especially Shuichi frankly I hate him
Hitotsuyanagi27Jun 9, 4:21 PM
Jun 9, 4:25 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to YuushaNi
Wil they ever play music in this anime? I swear we've had like nothing compared to the other seasons
@YuushaNi just be patient dude, they surely will play music at the end of season. They want to give satisfaction feeling so they only put it on the end i guess
Jun 9, 6:20 PM
Apr 2017
I like Reina, I like Asuka, I like Mizore, I don't think I like Kumiko

I just want to say it.
Jun 9, 7:51 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to billybub
@YuushaNi S2 had less music than S1, and both Our Promise and Ensemble Contest hardly had any. Time constraints are a thing.
@billybub Funny enough, we have less music this season than in Our Promise. We've really only heard the soli with Kumiko and Reina this season, and since they're skipping this performance, that leaves us only with nationals. Our Promise had SunFes at least.

But I mean, Our Promise had far worse problems in terms of pacing and character development. It's just kind of funny that they decided to skip every performance so far.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 9, 8:02 PM
Apr 2024
Asuka was right, Kumiko really waits until the last moment to do anytthing.
But like, jfc you couldn't have made this speech even just a little bit earlier? Had to do it literally 10 minutes before they go on stage lmao.
Marinate1016 said:
Jun 9, 8:11 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to LornMalvo
@Cestlavie_ Okay, I got it. Nevertheless, it is obvious that the musical performance will be at the end of the season. Since season 3, consisting of 13 episodes, includes the time span of seasons 1 and 2 (26 episodes), unfortunately many moments had to be compressed.
@LornMalvo Eh, I think they could've squeezed in at least another performance. Our Promise managed to fit in two performances, but we'll only have one for the whole 13 episodes.

We could've shortened the Motomu episode, or reduced the number of times Mayu says "Are you sure you're okay with me getting the soli?!" (gotta be at least 5 times at this point right?), or shortened some of the other drama. But really, just make the Motomu stuff half an episode; it didn't need the whole runtime.

I'm okay with their decision though, it'll make the performance at nationals that much more impactful.
Marinate1016 said:
Jun 9, 8:25 PM

May 2021
Asuka and Kaori are rooming together. All is right in the world.

Have to shoutout Kurosawa, Tomoyo's performance this week as Kumiko. She absolutely killed this role from the beginning and I love her work so much.

If that after credit scene is them telling us we don't get to see their Kansai performance then I am sad. We didn't get SunFes either and that was a bummer. Regardless of that though, it was a great episode.

Kumiko did what she had to do thanks to Asuka's guidance. She really did have some amazing senpais (Natsuki please come back). I hope that translates into an understanding between Kumiko and Reina. Tune in next week to find out! Gahhhhhh
Jun 9, 10:24 PM

Jan 2021
Oh yeah this Nationals performance is going to be a galactic pull. I better be seeing the most insane visuals ever in my life
They spammed the lens flare like crazy for the last part of her speech I started laughing
負けたくない

Jun 10, 12:45 AM

Mar 2024
I believe in Reina supremacy!

So in this episode appeared the thought that i wrote in comments earlier - that the orchestra chose to strive for victory and not just play for fun. I dont quite understand how exactly they heal the atmosphere in the orchestra, but seems like everyone accepted the results of the audition and performed to their fullest.

But - no music again?

Also the moment with visiting the senior senpai's house is amazing. Asuka is so based.

p.s.

p.p.s.
Jun 10, 2:37 AM

Jul 2014
I want to slap Reina so fcking bad! She has been insufferable for these 2 past eps. Her blind bs bias towards Taki is annoying as hell. Also I gotta disagree, the performers especially the ones that also got the potential to be better needs to know why they werent picked so they can improve on it. Taki is a failure as an instructor. You dont just expect people to accept and obey whats infront of them with zero explanation. Taki does not have the qualification to help any individual improve their playing. He should drop out from being their instructor, it what Asuka said is somewhat true and Taki does in anyway realise the tense atmosphere in the club then as the one that caused it he should be the one to fix it. I swear Kumiko have been single handedly carrying this season so hard.
Jun 10, 2:56 AM
Jun 2019
god reina so stupid, not a single development from first episode
Jun 10, 3:50 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ah, Asuka was so sorely missed. Such a hot and carefree soul yet wise in her own way.

Reina is irritating as feck no matter what. I don't like that Kumiko had to bend and Reina stayed on her high horse. And I don't like how some act like if Taki-sensei was flawless and couldn't make mistakes even within the framework given to him the executives.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 10, 6:21 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to perseii
SUPER_CANNES said:
it's fair to say the conflict resolution felt a bit rushed. Kumiko gave a speech and that's it? So Reina was right? Not that I didn't agree with her, but a two-cour season would have let things breathe and flow much more naturally.

I agree it did feel a little bit rushed, and it didn't 100% make sense how things worked out, especially why Reina suddenly decided to support Kumiko.

I think the show is trying to say that it was more important to have Kumiko the president clearly and honestly communicate what her thinking is behind her actions, rather than what specific actions she is taking.

Even when there are problems, people put their faith in a leader if they understand what the leader believes in and is trying to achieve. That's not an excuse for not dealing with actual problems, but it's an important facet of leadership and goes a long way to keep people on-board.

I may be reading into it too much, but I think Reina was looking for something like that in Kumiko. Outside of her (blind) faith in Taki, Reina seemed as upset about Kumiko being indecisive as she was about Kumiko disagreeing with her, and she seemed to think that she was made "the bad guy here," with no one to counteract her style. In their notebook conversation, Reina for once agrees that Kumiko should address the club "properly."

Hopefully the show can still find the time to flesh out how exactly this conflict was resolved. Everyone had to then go do the performance right away, after all.
@perseii I really think the show needed more episodes to flesh out all the plot points. I get there's an inherent sense of urgency that was caused by having multiple auditions, but a longer season would have had the time to wrap up everything in a more satisfactory manner. For instance, I'm wondering why we even had the Motomu episode when they could have dedicated more time for this Reina-Kumiko spat & Kumiko stepping up as a leader. Not to mention the skipped performances, but that's a moot point anyway. Mayu still feels largely underdeveloped too...like there's a lot of potential waiting to be tapped into, but I don't know if they will have the time to get into that.

What'll we get in these next 3 episodes? An episode with the results for the Regionals & the drama cooling down a bit, then one for Nationals auditions & maybe some additional character backstory (probably Mayu) and lastly, the Nationals episode with the performance, results, and aftermath. This just feels like a gauntlet lol.

And I'm saying all of this as a huge fan of the show. Seriously, it's all I've been thinking about in the past few months. It's incredible and I'm so glad I'm watching something like this. But if I put emotions aside and start analyzing what went on, I can't help but feel things are a bit off. It's why I'm so conflicted.
SUPER_CANNESJun 10, 6:29 AM
Jun 10, 7:50 AM
Jun 2007
Reina really didnt help much.
Asuka managed to gave some advice as she "predicted" wwww.
Kumiko really did the "last minute" speech to boost the team morale.
Jun 10, 8:19 AM
Apr 2019
bro i just hope there's at least one full performance within the next episodes they're the resolve to every drama on previous seasons
Jun 10, 8:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Doubts until the last second!!!
kekeke
Jun 10, 9:44 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to SUPER_CANNES
@perseii I really think the show needed more episodes to flesh out all the plot points. I get there's an inherent sense of urgency that was caused by having multiple auditions, but a longer season would have had the time to wrap up everything in a more satisfactory manner. For instance, I'm wondering why we even had the Motomu episode when they could have dedicated more time for this Reina-Kumiko spat & Kumiko stepping up as a leader. Not to mention the skipped performances, but that's a moot point anyway. Mayu still feels largely underdeveloped too...like there's a lot of potential waiting to be tapped into, but I don't know if they will have the time to get into that.

What'll we get in these next 3 episodes? An episode with the results for the Regionals & the drama cooling down a bit, then one for Nationals auditions & maybe some additional character backstory (probably Mayu) and lastly, the Nationals episode with the performance, results, and aftermath. This just feels like a gauntlet lol.

And I'm saying all of this as a huge fan of the show. Seriously, it's all I've been thinking about in the past few months. It's incredible and I'm so glad I'm watching something like this. But if I put emotions aside and start analyzing what went on, I can't help but feel things are a bit off. It's why I'm so conflicted.
SUPER_CANNES said:

Yeah, I think you got those down. That's three episodes right there, in theory.

It does feel like there's barely any room to relax and take some detours. They'll have to hurry things up quite a bit compared to the 10 episodes so far, which almost felt leisurely. I enjoyed the Motomu storyline for showing Kumiko fulfill her role as president, but at this point I'm starting to think it should've been a shorter B-plot.

And there are still matters of the third-years' graduation, Kumiko's career/university plans, and picking the president for next year, etc.

I think having one more episode would help things a lot. Maybe a "coda" special episode that shows the Nationals performance in all its glory and takes the time to say goodbye to these characters. I don't think they even need a full-length movie for this. And in the 3 episodes leading up to that, they can take the time to wrap up the characters and relationship stuff.

Of course, this is pure speculation and wishful thinking, but it makes a lot of sense to me, and this amazing series deserves a proper and special conclusion.
Jun 10, 10:34 AM

Jul 2021
well no one put reina in her place at the end. she needs to be bought down some pegs.

anyway happy that the problem was solved. kumiko's speech made me tear-up lol had to control it so much. really good job by the seiyuu.

hope they show the performance.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 10, 11:08 AM

Feb 2008
Kumiko gave a fine speech. Inspiring.

Seeing Asuka was delightful too. Enigmatic, as always.
Jun 10, 5:36 PM

Feb 2008
The bridge running scene...

Now, I am really enjoying this... kind of divided sentiment of the fandom between being against Reina or if she's actually right. Just to be clear, I think she's wrong, very wrong and she needs to apologize, Kumiko doesn't. Now, it is obvious that she's suffering from being against our dear protagonist, if you say harsh things to Kumiko, the people who support you will be the minority. And she doubled down on this episode. Didn't apologize, had an argument with Shuuichi, with Masako, still blindly believing in Taki...

The status quo of Reina in the places I frequent (discord, twitter, here) is damaged. But she also has some fierce defenders, still a minority. To me, Kumiko is doing GREAT as a 15-17 year old president of a music club. Maybe Haruka or Yuuko would do it better but who knows. Really enjoyed this episode but this gloomy aura in these last episodes is really annoying to me. Enjoyed seeing Asuka and Kaori again, although I think it was just fanservice, Mamiko could've given Kumiko the same advice.

Very confused as to why they are making us wait for the last episode to give us the full piece. I remember when this was about music performances...

This picture hit hard when I rewatched the episode:

Asuka always knows.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jun 10, 7:58 PM
Apr 2019
This episode was a bit irritating for me. I like that Kumiko found her stride again and rallied the band at the last minute as is her way. She gave a heartfelt speech, proving once again that she is best girl. It was nice to see Auka and Kaori again. I’m curious about how they’re going to wrap all this up in three episodes, as there’s still quite a bit left unresolved. I feel like the last episode should be double length, like the first episode of S2 was. Otherwise, I feel it’s all gonna feel very rushed. Unless there’s a special or movie coming after this season.

What irritates me is that both Taki and Reina are pretty much let off the hook at the end of this episode, as if Kumiko was the only one that needed to learn a lesson here. But Kumiko was in the right here. Not completely, as Asuka pointed out, but more so than Taki or Reina. The show tries to justify Taki’s inaction by stating that if he goes back on his decisions with the auditions then that’s a show of weakness. Well, it’s also a show of weakness to not say anything at all, let the drama fester, and hope it all resolves itself by the competition. Why couldn’t he explain his decisions to the rest of the band like he did with Kumiko? As an instructor, I’d think one of your duties is to accurately communicate to your band what you want from them in their performance, but he’s clearly not doing a good job with that here. What would he have done if Kumiko hadn’t made that last minute speech? What would he have done if they lost at Kansai again? A part of me wishes they do lose just to get both Taki and Reina off their high horse.

Speaking of Reina, I found her annoying again this episode. I’ve never been big on Reina’s character, but I’ve really not liked her in these past few episodes. She doesn’t seem to show any kind of remorse that she might have gone too far in the previous episode. She criticizes Kumiko for being indecisive, but she (and Shuuichi) have done nothing to alleviate the drama in the club. They’ve only added to it. The fact that Kumiko had to go to Asuka for advice proves how terrible Reina and Shuuichi have been at being the support. It can’t just all be put on Kumiko, or what’s the point of the vice president and drum major positions. And Kumiko was being decisive in the previous episode, and Reina called her a failure. Because we know her real reason for acting out is not because of the Kumiko’s indecisiveness or keeping stability in the band, but because she cannot stand the thought of her precious Taki being wrong about anything.

Some people try to excuse this nonsense with Reina by saying that she’s always been like this. Reina has always been bad at communication, and always had a bias with her childhood crush. This is true, but that only explains her behavior. It doesn’t excuse it. We’re in the third and (supposedly) final season. She’s a senior now, and an executive member of the club. At this point, she should be questioning and moving past some of this childish behavior. I know this show is about Kumiko, but Reina is also a major character. Some development on her would be nice. Maybe we’ll see it in the next three episodes. She owes Kumiko an apology at the very least.
Jun 10, 9:29 PM

Aug 2017
raisin-kun said:
EDIT: the eyecatch showing the euph section has both Mayu and Kumiko holding the instrument even though only the section leader holds it in all the other eyecatches. Nice detail.

oh yeah i didn't notice that, nice catch. they're also both turned away from each other.

TsutanaiFuun said:
well no one put reina in her place at the end. she needs to be bought down some pegs.

Reina was put in her place at the end when she had to bow and apologize to the first years as part of the executives who decided to do 3 auditions this year.

my prediction from last week was wrong because i thought Taki would explain to the members the thought process behind his decisions but as Asuka said, he himself probably isn't sure about his decisions because everyone is so close skill-wise and he just has to act confident. Kumiko's speech at the end was so good, it made me emotional....
it's now obvious that they'll move to the nationals and i expect they'll show the performance there. although just 3 episodes left so the story has to wrap up pretty quickly. i hope the final episode will be longer than 25 minutes so they don't rush things
Jun 10, 11:17 PM

Jan 2012
Any episode with significant Asuka screentime is a good episode. And wow, let me be totally frank, her design is way hotter compared to previous seasons. Definitely the second best character in the series, after Kumiko.

As for Reina, not really surprising. Her obsession with Taki-sensei has been ramped up ever since season 2. Looks like it will not go away anytime soon.
Now Mayu on the other hand. She's been the most interesting character this season. I love how utterly confident she is in her abilities. Her entire personal conflict is basically her saying "Are you really sure you'll let me do the audition? I will knock one of you out". Well, obviously she's too nice to say it like that but that's how it feels to me.
Jun 11, 1:09 AM
Jan 2022
W Asuka as per usual
Jun 11, 1:09 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Patas
raisin-kun said:
EDIT: the eyecatch showing the euph section has both Mayu and Kumiko holding the instrument even though only the section leader holds it in all the other eyecatches. Nice detail.

oh yeah i didn't notice that, nice catch. they're also both turned away from each other.

TsutanaiFuun said:

Reina was put in her place at the end when she had to bow and apologize to the first years as part of the executives who decided to do 3 auditions this year.

my prediction from last week was wrong because i thought Taki would explain to the members the thought process behind his decisions but as Asuka said, he himself probably isn't sure about his decisions because everyone is so close skill-wise and he just has to act confident. Kumiko's speech at the end was so good, it made me emotional....
it's now obvious that they'll move to the nationals and i expect they'll show the performance there. although just 3 episodes left so the story has to wrap up pretty quickly. i hope the final episode will be longer than 25 minutes so they don't rush things
@Patas
Patas said:
wasn't satisfying or in the way i expected it to go. she probably also bowed her head as the other 2 did as well. only her behavior from now on can tell if that had some effect on her or not.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 11, 7:01 PM

Jan 2008
Do people seriously not realized that the majority of watchers didn't really care for the performance scenes? I'm glad they skipped them so they could show the characters doing stuff more.
Jun 12, 6:55 PM
Mar 2019
And we're back to inspiring. The dissonant chords should be silent for now. :)
Jun 13, 2:38 AM

Feb 2019
That was a great, heartstring-tugging speech from Kumiko. As expected of the President. Once again I say it, Yuuko-senpai and Natsuki-senpai did not choose wrongly.

I think Reina's way too blindly following Taki-sensei, which makes sense since she has feelings for him. She admires him so much. But it's making her not objective. Leading a club or any other group takes more than just rules and a shared goal. They have to do something about morale, etc. as well. I think Reina doesn't understand this.

It was great to see Kaori-senpai (maji angel~) and Asuka-senpai again! Dang, Asuka looks REALLY mature and beautiful. Reminds me of her mother.
Jun 13, 5:47 AM

May 2021
The second of Kumiko's special skills - unfiltered mouth, in full display here. Alongside the ability 'open people up emotionally', it makes her a pretty deadly president as far as effectiveness goes.

Also, Reina owes her a major apology. No way she would have handled that any better.

Jun 14, 11:41 AM

Jul 2016
Reina acting more insufferable than ever and Shuuichi collecting W after W? Seriously, what has this show turned into?!
And no way they skipped THE performance where we could finally witness what Kuroe is capable of...

Barely a 3/5 episode in my opinion. Drama has gone so overboard it's a pain to watch and the conclusion of it with Kumiko giving an improvised emotional speech that magically had everyone getting to the same page (+ Reina happily supporting Kumiko out of nowhere) felt... rushed to say the least.
And let's better not talk about the weird taste the episode left regarding Kumiko apparently being the only one that needed to learn a lesson in all this... because we all know both Taki and Reina also messed up big time here. Taki for not doing shit as an adult and instructor, and Reina for being so unnecessarily mean and toxic to her supposed closest friend. She owes Kumiko a big apology and next episode better show a scene with her doing just that.

Now on a happier note, seeing Asuka after so long was such a delight. And though it was a shame her first appearance in S3 was to practically solve some dumb melodrama between teens, I appreciated all the attention her scenes received from staff in terms of visuals, camera work and overall direction. She looked absolutely stunning from beginning to end.
Jun 14, 8:39 PM
Oct 2016
I loved the return of Asuka on this one, though I'm a bit worried that this episode and the one following it don't really do much with the conflict between Kumiko and Reina. I loved Kumiko's speech at the end too, though I expected a bit more hard-hitting truth and less gushyness. Like, girlie, straight up say "i think our teacher got it wrong"
Jun 17, 4:26 PM
Nov 2023
One of the best animations that I have seen. The work behind is amazing. The musical animation part is well done as well as the backgrounds. The stoy is nice.
Jun 22, 3:34 PM
Nov 2022
the best episode from this season so far
Jun 23, 6:39 AM

Apr 2013
Aww, they skipped the performance again, that's kind of a shame. But Kumiko's speech was great and Asuka has gotten even more beautiful since the last time we saw her, damn!
Jun 23, 10:24 PM
Jul 2023
Masterclass cinema
Jun 29, 2:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
More drama between Reina and Kumiko but seeing Asuka senpai helped her and her speech in front of the group was emotional and good for motivation before the performance... but they skipped the performance??? All of that just to skip the scene are you kidding me? This is literally turning the episode from a 5/5 to a 3/5... such a waste :S
Jun 29, 2:20 PM
Dec 2020
MASTERPIECEEEEEEEE
Jun 30, 2:37 PM

Nov 2018
One thing that I like about this series is that it treats pretty seriously the theme of collaboration and human relationships. Watching the challenges these students face, I remember my own conclusion that collaboration and coexistence are difficult. Despite that, however, they are possible and lead to spectacular results.

While watching this episode, another thought crossed my mind. People are pretty much alike. They all have good moments, bad moments, strengths, and weaknesses. However, when someone is placed in a position of power or authority in a group, their actions and attitude have a higher impact on the rest of the group members. This is not because they have something more than others. Even if they do, it is not that relevant. What makes the difference is the position itself.

The position acts like a magnifying glass because it is not an empty convention. That position contains the trust that the group invests in the position holder, no matter who that person is. So, the person who holds a position of power practically holds the objectives of all group members along with theirs. This is why the leader's secret to success is exactly here. They need to foster awareness of the impact of their actions and attitudes (because of their position). Not only that, but they also must decide their actions and approach with this knowledge in mind. Otherwise, they will likely fail.

Finally, I also thought about emotions. All people have emotions. They are not only natural, they are necessary. Especially for an artist or an interpreter, emotions can make a great difference in how their work is received. However, emotions without proper management can easily lead to wrong perceptions, misjudgments, and eventually quarrels.

Sometimes I feel that life is a large field packed with hidden mines. :))))
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jul 5, 5:41 AM
Aug 2015
I cried <3
I want them to be together for ever! hehehe
Jul 17, 5:15 PM
Mar 2019
Kumiko has to Man up even if she's not sure.
Jul 25, 3:29 PM
Sep 2020
Great to see Kumiko grow into a strong leader over so many seasons
Jul 28, 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
In the end, they were able to accept their fate and put all their energy into doing their best for the upcoming performances.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 10, 1:24 PM

May 2020
Asuka-ssenpai is back, the world is finally healing! This might be her only and final appearing but I'm just glad she's here ^^

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkHumor04 - Jun 30

204 by defaulticus »»
Oct 14, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

340 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 16

90 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

112 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:18 PM

» About this season

TEMPEST_1 - Sep 30

6 by TEMPEST_1 »»
Sep 30, 10:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.