Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who's Side Are You Leaning Towards
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 3, 7:41 AM

May 2011
I think people are forgetting that Mahiru did discuss this with everyone. Kiui told her to prioritize her self and Mei was also pretty supportive. Also her "promise" that people keep bringing up was just to work on the MV. Never about having it done by December which was all Kano pushing things again. Did people really forget how Kano pretty much thought she owned everyone a few episodes back? I thought she learned her lesson there realizing everyone has their own life but I guess not...

If anything this entire anime has been just Kano's selfishness getting everyone into different messes.
Jun 3, 8:57 AM

Nov 2013
Reply to ImmortalZero
I think people are forgetting that Mahiru did discuss this with everyone. Kiui told her to prioritize her self and Mei was also pretty supportive. Also her "promise" that people keep bringing up was just to work on the MV. Never about having it done by December which was all Kano pushing things again. Did people really forget how Kano pretty much thought she owned everyone a few episodes back? I thought she learned her lesson there realizing everyone has their own life but I guess not...

If anything this entire anime has been just Kano's selfishness getting everyone into different messes.
@ImmortalZero Finally someone who paid attention to the show. People siding with Kano sound like simps to be honest; especially considering how they call Mahiru a bitch, traitor, snake.
With that said, the way Kano reacted makes perfect sense too. However, it shouldn't be this confusing to agree Kano is in the wrong and Mahiru didn't do anything wrong. FFS, the fact she decided to talk it out with the gang already proves this. As you said, even kiui and Mei were ok with Mahiru's decision and even they didn't see it as treason BS. People apparently don't pay enough attention.

It's baffling how quick people are to jump the hate-train.

The outcome is predictable though. Kano will apologize and Mahiru (even though she isn't guilty) will likely apologize as well. After all, when Kano hurt Mahiru, it was clear she didn't really mean it, she just said BS out of anger. The problem is always the lack of communication.
Jun 3, 12:46 PM
Apr 2022
For me they are both right and wrong!

- Kano

I don't agree with how Kano reacted to Yoru, but I can understand it because Kano has been suppressing her emotions for a long time, she has abandonment issues because of her mother (who mistreats her, because manipulation is a form of psychological abuse) + She surely feels that her mom is taking away the hope and happiness that she has found after so long. So she reacted with rage the moment she felt betrayed by the light that saved her in the past, her muse, Yoru.

Regarding the hit she gave her teammate, she deserved it. She ended the careers of all those idols she exposed (reminder that this was not the first group she messed with) and all because she preferred to compete in a dirty way (something tells me that her mother is somehow behind it, maybe she manipulated that girl too)

- Yoru

I don't agree with how Yoru accepted the offer without talking to the entire group first (face to face), but I understand that she wants to improve and the opportunity is huge and all.

Unfortunately, Kano's mom is clearly using her and Yoru didn't notice the signs at all (Mei told her about the rumor, Kano and her older sister broke off their relationship with her, the event coincidentally will happen at the same time as JELEE??)

Kano's mom noted that JELEE has the potential to overtake her group and is simply trying to break it in a "discreet" way and if that doesn't work she will probably expose Mahiru's identity as Yoru (we already saw the article in the episode 💀).

Anyways let's see if episode 10 will hit us hard as this one did 😢
Jun 6, 9:54 AM
Jan 2015
I don't side with either of them, one is being manipulated and the other is obviously traumatized.
The only thing that is clear to me is that the bitch here is Kano's mom.
Jun 6, 11:48 PM
Jan 2021
Mahiru 100%, she's trying to grow as a person and as an artist. Also, it isn't like Mahiru is leaving JELEE.
btw JELEE is just a passion project between friends, you'd be dumb not to take the opportunity to work at a major company/producer.
Does Kano expect Mahiru works only at their project?
Also Mahiru working with the Sundolls isn't a good enough reason for Kano to act like a bitch and say mean things to her.
TohruBestDragonJun 6, 11:54 PM
Jun 8, 12:29 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to ImmortalZero

ImmortalZero said:

Indeed. The latest episode made this clear as day. Hopefully peoples opinions about Mahiru will change now that Kano confessed using Mahiru (just like her mom used her). Kano was using everyone in Jelee (although I still believe she wasn't straight up manipulating them. It just turned out like that). She wanted to impress mom first and foremost and wasn't honest.
Meanwhile, Mahiru is doing her best to be useful to Jelee in the future! She has no ulterior motives! Heck, we can't even blame her for trusting Kano's mom. Kano never explained what happened to her and why Mahiru shouldn't trust her. Instead of explaining, she threw a tantrum in episode 9.

And no, I'm not hating Kano. I can understand her, but it shouldn't be 50/50 (as the poll shows) confusing to figure out Kano is at fault.
Jun 8, 2:09 PM
Jun 2020
Kano has already realized and admitted she's been using everyone to get her mom attention. Mahiru despite knowing about Kano and her mom circumstance to a certain degree still accepted the job breaking promises. But I kind of understand that artist can grow in a bigger stage. But what I couldn't fathom why she didn't do or say anything when the band is literally on the brink of disbanding. This could be some plot hole. Or she trust that Mie would not let the band fall apart
Jun 8, 2:47 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to TheLibrarian400
Kano has already realized and admitted she's been using everyone to get her mom attention. Mahiru despite knowing about Kano and her mom circumstance to a certain degree still accepted the job breaking promises. But I kind of understand that artist can grow in a bigger stage. But what I couldn't fathom why she didn't do or say anything when the band is literally on the brink of disbanding. This could be some plot hole. Or she trust that Mie would not let the band fall apart
@TheLibrarian400
But what I couldn't fathom why she didn't do or say anything when the band is literally on the brink of disbanding. This could be some plot hole.

Easy, they didn't tell her. During the phone call with Mei, Kiui just impulsively decided to disband (maybe to respect Kano's wishes or something), even though she didn't have to. Mei crying somehow turned Kiui's entire opinion 180 degree around and decided to run around to Kano and convince her to give up on quitting.
Somehow Kano decided she has no choice, but to continue singing after Mei cried live.
watsymJun 8, 3:42 PM
Jun 8, 3:41 PM

Jun 2019
watsym said:
Easy, they didn't tell her. During the phone call with Mei, Kiui just impulsively decided to disband (maybe to respect Kano's wishes or something), even though she didn't have to. Mahiru crying somehow turned Kiui's entire opinion 180 degree around and decided to run around to Kano and convince her to give up on quitting.
Somehow Kano decided she has no choice, but to continue singing after Mahiru cried live.

What do you mean by "Mahiru crying" and "Mahiru cried live"? Do you mean Kimura/Mei?
Jun 8, 3:42 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to WatchTillTandava
watsym said:
Easy, they didn't tell her. During the phone call with Mei, Kiui just impulsively decided to disband (maybe to respect Kano's wishes or something), even though she didn't have to. Mahiru crying somehow turned Kiui's entire opinion 180 degree around and decided to run around to Kano and convince her to give up on quitting.
Somehow Kano decided she has no choice, but to continue singing after Mahiru cried live.

What do you mean by "Mahiru crying" and "Mahiru cried live"? Do you mean Kimura/Mei?
@WatchTillTandava yes, fixed
Jun 8, 10:47 PM
Sep 2021
As viewers we can tell that Kano's mother is doing this to spite Kano, but from a teenager's POV they probably didn't understand any of this.

Mahiru's decision to work for Kano's mother was probably the right one for her own development (and possibly for JELEE).

However here are a few things to take into consideration
1) Mahiru knew that Kano had a bad history with her mother
2) JELEE have a song scheduled to release by the end of the year (implied that both schedules are clashing, so it's either the Kano's mother or JELEE)
3) She made a promise to Kano to grow with her

With all this, she still chose to accept the job, and did so without a proper explanation, which can be interpreted as "aite fk you, i'm out, peace".

Kano was ticked off by Mahiru's action in more ways than one. Feeling betrayed, she lost control and "retaliated" against Mahiru, hitting her where it hurts most, which didn't really help in the situation.

Mahiru is largely at fault for not sharing her full plan with the group, but Kano isn't fault-free either (I'm thinking 70/30).
Jun 9, 5:06 PM
May 2019
Reply to CapBuster
As viewers we can tell that Kano's mother is doing this to spite Kano, but from a teenager's POV they probably didn't understand any of this.

Mahiru's decision to work for Kano's mother was probably the right one for her own development (and possibly for JELEE).

However here are a few things to take into consideration
1) Mahiru knew that Kano had a bad history with her mother
2) JELEE have a song scheduled to release by the end of the year (implied that both schedules are clashing, so it's either the Kano's mother or JELEE)
3) She made a promise to Kano to grow with her

With all this, she still chose to accept the job, and did so without a proper explanation, which can be interpreted as "aite fk you, i'm out, peace".

Kano was ticked off by Mahiru's action in more ways than one. Feeling betrayed, she lost control and "retaliated" against Mahiru, hitting her where it hurts most, which didn't really help in the situation.

Mahiru is largely at fault for not sharing her full plan with the group, but Kano isn't fault-free either (I'm thinking 70/30).
@CapBuster +1 agree with you
Jun 22, 10:13 PM

Sep 2022
I think it is obvious now that Mahiru was right.
Jun 22, 10:40 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to Myetx
@FabianPeters Kano needs to be more understanding and flexible. Everyone contributes their part for the project for free. Why Jelee cannot finish their music video after Mahiru finished with her project?
@Myetx
Spoil for episode 12

Jun 23, 1:37 AM

Sep 2022
Reply to esuardi
@Myetx
Spoil for episode 12

@esuardi
Jun 24, 7:17 AM
Jan 2013
it's just funny how some people here are siding with Yoru. just shows how these people have little loyalty. this show has been a disappointment since the last episode. not only did Yoru betray Kano but all that cherished promise between them "Kano sings for Yoru, Yoru draws for Kano" was completely trashed by poor writing. Yeah while it's true that Yoru has the right to make her own choices. However, I can't overlook that Yoru neglected her main responsibility. The group had already planned to release a song before Yoru accepted the job from Kano's mother. She betrayed Kano, that's it.
nrrc102Jun 24, 7:27 AM
Jun 24, 1:54 PM
Feb 2015
Mahiru was more in the right this episode, but I feel like if she did stick with becoming Yukine's artist for that one project, she'd want to monopolize on Mahiru more until the point of breaking because who knows wtf this crazy producer bitch is thinking in her deadbeat brain so who knows if that woulda been a great choice ahahahahah

I can see why Kano would get all fussy and in the end make that comment because poor girl hasn't come to terms with her past trauma from all the flashbacks, we even get to see how well Yukine acts as a producer rather than as Kano's mother which is honestly saddening, kinda like those reality TV shit shows you see of mums propping their children up as a trophies for some random talent crap, take Jojo Siwa as an example or something I dunno

When Mahiru asked about Kano's past, I was hoping that she could talk about it but at the current time, I feel Kano's too busy running away from her past trauma to even consider wanting to come to terms with her trauma
Kano doesn't realize she needs to talk about what happened to herself in the past with her new friends because it's kinda similar to therapy, talking about one's trauma to come to terms with it
It is fucking scary realizing stuff about yourself and coming to terms with it
She probably doesn't even want to go back to it because she's scared all of these fun times she's having with JELEE will dissolve into the sea as all of this could potentially change how everyone else will view/act in front of her

Mahiru on the other hand is making logic with where she wants to go because she'd improve her art and show the world she can do it so that she can come back to draw even better art to make Kano happy but having not known what is really going on with Kano's relationship between her and Yukine, this was the choice she made
Kano like in the past slugging the bitch to next century like she deserved, lost all logic in her mind and chose to react on emotion probably because she wasn't taught properly how to act rationally by her mum, let alone be in the middle of puberty as a teen
Kano was probably only taught on the ways of how to become a star and nothing more, you think Yukine would care about something trivial like not to act on emotion? Please, this skank whore bitch is too busy trying to prop her pawn up as a trophy than to teach her how to be a proper human

Funnily enough I can't even fault the bitch of Sundolls because Yukine made her become that way having taken her out of centre position
She's just your casual spotlight bitch who wants to be the centre of the limelight all the time and at her age probably hasn't gotten that mindset yet that other people really exist and I'm not the only person on Earth kinda thing people grow up realizing
Yukine revoking her centre status definitely hurt that ego of her's but Yukine as well hasn't taught or even seemed to care about what she thinks at all, just tossing her to the side like yesterday's news and not even batting an eye to see how she is
With all this drama idol crap happening, who let all of this shit happen? Yukine.

Kano doesn't know that she needs help coming to terms with her trauma, I just hope she gets the help that she needs because I'd gladly slug Yukine around the face for being a bitch with a black and white narrow vision

Edit: I chose 50/50 but I'm surprised more people chose Kano rather than Mahiru lololol
Still really interesting to see tho that there isn't like a very big landslide to the results of this poll compared to like the results for a poll I put up here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2146564 😂
BonBonToroJun 24, 2:03 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.