Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 4:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn, it must be really hard for Nina to see the one who used to bully her becoming the singer of her favorite band, and meanwhile we had more and more struggle for our main trio, but at least they managed to play in front of people in the live house!
Jul 2, 9:56 AM

Oct 2017
The reason of her bullying and so on joining the band she loves, that's one shitty situation. Both Momoka and Nina now has bone to pick with them. They were both hellbent on not changing and becoming something they didn't want to. Loved the character interactions again and the performance was good, specially the animation. Momoka and Nina throwing drinks at each other lolz.
Jul 2, 9:59 AM

Oct 2017
Ashhk said:
Damn, it must be really hard for Nina to see the one who used to bully her becoming the singer of her favorite band, and meanwhile we had more and more struggle for our main trio, but at least they managed to play in front of people in the live house!
Don't think she was the one bullying her but was the reason she was getting bullied. Nina said she was her friend too.

Likely scenario is Nina's friend was getting picked on, Nina stood up for her and the bullies targetted her instead and Nina's friend as shown in the short flashback didn't do anything for her and even said it was Nina's own fault instead.
Jul 9, 4:05 PM

Sep 2014
Man Nina really needs friends at her "school" if only so she has someone to sell her tickets to. I wonder if she got bullied because she is a gremlin or the other way around..

So if the band pays for the tickets up front, how does the club know which ones have been actually sold? I mean they did not have the name of the band on them, did they? So I assume profits get split?

Club dude is a real one, gets free tickets to a big band and doesnt go because he is only supporting small ones.

Fascinating choice to have traditional animation mixed in with 3DCG here.
The dude from the other band at the end as well!
Makes for strong contrast.

Here comes the drama! Though I feared it would be the girl who bullied her, not a former friend.
Momokas situation is also interesting.. she really did betray her friends.

The energy of the animation did not match the energy of the song, but it was still good. Honestly surprised 3DCGI works so well here. (just shows that most CGI is just used wrong in other shows)

Didnt like the song much, this is the issue with music anime, if its not your taste it just feels off. But I still have hope, since void is fantastic.

PS: Does anyone know what they each do for a living? I guess Subaru doesnt have to work, but Nina probably has a job, right?
Comander-07Jul 9, 4:38 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 16, 8:47 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Boy, I could watch Momoka harass that guitar and Subaru abuse those drums forever lol. Another great socks-off rocking performance at the end, and after such an emotion filled episode too, if only these girls could choose a non-public place to do their shouting matches lol, but hey that’s a concert in its own way for the bystanders. I do hope we eventually learn the exact reason why Momoka dropped out of her old band, but I’ll take what we got for now.

There was also the reveal that a friend Nina had a falling out with is actually the new lead vocalist for her favorite band, ain’t that some universe giving a middle finger type shit lol, but she sounded good tho and looked like she fit in the group, it’s like Subaru said that she must have stood out in the audition. But I get why Nina feels the way she feels, and I gotta say I loved reading “indistinguishable gremlin noises” in the subs lol, so thank you for being an angry gremlin on main Nina.
Jul 22, 8:15 AM

Aug 2015
Damn that live song at the end.
I already said in a comment from a previous episode that I'm not a fan of CGI, but honnestly, it's really well done here, with a lot of visual nuances I haven't seen much in other musical anime with a more traditional animation.

Still not a fan visually, but really really appreciate the level of art and effort put in that anime.
💖💖💖
Jul 22, 6:01 PM
Mar 2019
Now they are throwing drinks on each other.
Aug 6, 11:44 PM

Jun 2024
Great performance at the end there.
Aug 18, 6:16 AM
May 2014
Some of these musical scenes are really reminding me of Scott Pilgrim in a good way. One at the end was amazing, right off the bat they've got passion, energy, not to mention songwriting skills

Nina really is so selfish lol, she wants Momoka to be pissed off and depressed with her about how her old band went, not even because she thinks it'll help anything, but just cause she wants her own feelings validated
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.