Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 14, 2023 7:31 PM
Jun 2019
For me no. Blud's a neek and loser. If you say yes, you're lying to yourself. I just don't see anyone in the friendship group being friends with him IRL. He literally ignores them and reads, and puts no effort. In fact, the entire cast don't seem like their actually will be friends

I think authors tend to try create diverse groups, but in practicality he just kills the vibes. Basically the token smart person. But no friendship group irl has a token smart person unless they contribute more, other than being  a person who knows a lot when you need themm
JeevzskJul 15, 2023 11:48 AM
Jul 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Aug 2020
it's episode two, they will likely contribute more later, I don't think there's anything really wrong with that. they jsut clearly need character development, like lost of the other characters
Call me Ren
Jul 14, 2023 8:10 PM
Oct 2021
“Would you let Jeevzsk in your friend group?”
Jul 14, 2023 10:08 PM
Jun 2009
Standard arrogant glasses character.

They get humbled fast.
Jul 15, 2023 12:34 AM
Nov 2021
Jeevzsk said:
For me no. Blud's a neek and loser. If you say yes, you're lying to yourself.

I think authors tend to try create diverse groups, but in practicality he just kills the vibes. Basically the token smart person. But no friendship group irl has a token smart person unless they contribute more, other than being  a person who knows a lot when you need themm

The only person I like is Greenwood whose just put there for comedy relief it seems.

Oliver Horn and Michela McFarlane don't seem like they should be in their first years and the fact they can just control everything rubs me the wrong way.

I like how Pete is enthusiastic about learning magic which is what I expected to be the focus of the anime rather than just petty drama, but besides that he's just a grouch.

Katie Aalto is okay I guess. I think it makes sense she doesnt want to experiment with animals, but at the same time I didn't like how pushy she was in the first episode.

Nanai Hibiya is cringey and the fact she wants to fight to the death for fun is weird af
Jul 15, 2023 5:07 AM
Jun 2023
Forgive me for saying this, but I think you're too young. No, your age might not be young anymore, but your life experience is still too young.

In my life, I've met the nastiest fucking backstabber who looks completely innocent and acts like a good person in front of everyone. But that's just a mask he put to hide his real personality.

On the other hand I've met a not-so-friendly guy who'd actually be a pretty good guy once you know him more, it's just that he's kinda... tsundere (it's weird for a guy but yeah).

My point is, you shouldn't judge people that easily. Sometimes the guy who looks like a divine god is the most nastiest demon, and vice versa.
Jul 15, 2023 11:45 AM
Jun 2019
wojakmcwagies said:
Forgive me for saying this, but I think you're too young. No, your age might not be young anymore, but your life experience is still too young.

In my life, I've met the nastiest fucking backstabber who looks completely innocent and acts like a good person in front of everyone. But that's just a mask he put to hide his real personality.

On the other hand I've met a not-so-friendly guy who'd actually be a pretty good guy once you know him more, it's just that he's kinda... tsundere (it's weird for a guy but yeah).

My point is, you shouldn't judge people that easily. Sometimes the guy who looks like a divine god is the most nastiest demon, and vice versa.

Im not that young. The only reason I asked is I genuinely believe he just isn't matching the vibes. It's not judging him on looks, he literally ignores everyone and reads. No effort into the group
Jul 15, 2023 11:46 AM
Jun 2019
Triggerfish124 said:
Jeevzsk said:
For me no. Blud's a neek and loser. If you say yes, you're lying to yourself.

The only person I like is Greenwood whose just put there for comedy relief it seems.

Oliver Horn and Michela McFarlane don't seem like they should be in their first years and the fact they can just control everything rubs me the wrong way.

I like how Pete is enthusiastic about learning magic which is what I expected to be the focus of the anime rather than just petty drama, but besides that he's just a grouch.

Katie Aalto is okay I guess. I think it makes sense she doesnt want to experiment with animals, but at the same time I didn't like how pushy she was in the first episode.

Nanai Hibiya is cringey and the fact she wants to fight to the death for fun is weird af

I agree the friendship dynamic seems off. Especially with Pete imo. I just don't believe these guys would be friends
Jul 15, 2023 11:48 AM
Jun 2019
Secret333 said:

Yes I'm a bad bitch😌
Jul 15, 2023 11:49 AM
Jun 2019
mechian said:

They get humbled fast.

I don't mind the stereotype. I just don't think he fits into the group. I also wouldn't talk to him
Jul 15, 2023 11:52 AM

Mar 2014
No I don't like him not even his friends
Jul 15, 2023 12:01 PM

Apr 2013
definitely yes. "A neek and a loser" seems better than someone who rejects someone for being a neek and a loser. You don't pick your friend to look cool near them. You get friends that would help when you need it, and that you would help when they're in need. Pretty sure that neek and loser would put his life in danger for his friends with barely a second thought.

Triggerfish124 said:

Kimberly's second year students would shit on them so hard in regular combat situations. Kimberly is an elite school. There's no weak mage in there past the first year, they all have their specialities. No mages in there simply wait for the school to start practising like crazy. Even someone who look weak like Katie is already way past the normal level of a first year for most other mage school out there.
But even with that, having the experience of one full year of Kimberly or not is a huge difference. When it comes to fighting, Chella, Nanao and Oliver are some of the top fighters in their year, but that's just when comparing them to other first years. And they're not the only ones who're strong fighters in their year either.
ZefyrisJul 15, 2023 12:09 PM
Jul 15, 2023 12:23 PM
Nov 2021
Jeevzsk said:
Triggerfish124 said:

I agree the friendship dynamic seems off. Especially with Pete imo. I just don't believe these guys would be friends

Yea
The way the anime starter was hella iffy too
It just randomly grouped these strangers on a weird walk to school
Jul 15, 2023 12:37 PM
Nov 2021
Zefyris said:
definitely yes. "A neek and a loser" seems better than someone who rejects someone for being a neek and a loser. You don't pick your friend to look cool near them. You get friends that would help when you need it, and that you would help when they're in need. Pretty sure that neek and loser would put his life in danger for his friends with barely a second thought.

Triggerfish124 said:

Kimberly's second year students would shit on them so hard in regular combat situations. Kimberly is an elite school. There's no weak mage in there past the first year, they all have their specialities. No mages in there simply wait for the school to start practising like crazy. Even someone who look weak like Katie is already way past the normal level of a first year for most other mage school out there.
But even with that, having the experience of one full year of Kimberly or not is a huge difference. When it comes to fighting, Chella, Nanao and Oliver are some of the top fighters in their year, but that's just when comparing them to other first years. And they're not the only ones who're strong fighters in their year either.

So you're a manga reader. Tell me, does Oliver or Michela ever struggle with the first year course? If not, they should have started out in the second year. Even if they were outmatched, so far it seems like Oliver and Michela outmatch all their fellow students anyways, so its not like much would be different. Of course, the story as it is wouldn't exist, but that would just mean its bad writing.
And what Im talking about isnt their power levels, its their attitude. The story made Andrew out to be a dick and basically dissed his attempt to look good against Nanai. Yet at the same time as a viewer I feel like Oliver would overwhelm Andrew in combat ability. So what was the point in all that drama when in the end the instructor literally had to stop them from killing each other? As it was, if Nanai didnt know sword arts she should never have been a model for the other students anyways.
Jul 15, 2023 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
Triggerfish124 said:
Zefyris said:

So you're a manga reader. Tell me, does Oliver or Michela ever struggle with the first year course? If not, they should have started out in the second year. Even if they were outmatched, so far it seems like Oliver and Michela outmatch all their fellow students anyways, so its not like much would be different. Of course, the story as it is wouldn't exist, but that would just mean its bad writing.
And what Im talking about isnt their power levels, its their attitude. The story made Andrew out to be a dick and basically dissed his attempt to look good against Nanai. Yet at the same time as a viewer I feel like Oliver would overwhelm Andrew in combat ability. So what was the point in all that drama when in the end the instructor literally had to stop them from killing each other? As it was, if Nanai didnt know sword arts she should never have been a model for the other students anyways.

You're moving the goalpost. When you're intelligent enough and study properly, which both are, you're not struggling in school. That doesn't mean you should be skipping years. The learning year isn't about struggling, it's about learning and practising new things. Doing second year school curriculum without having done the first year is almost suicide. There are several learning subjects that are downright banned to teach to first years and only start in second year of school in Kimberly because of that. Since when is having good students in a class bad writing lol? Every class on our plannet has some student that are above the mass and don't especially struggle all year long, but suddenly you've decided that because it's a magical school that fact no longer applies?

Both Chella and Oliver learn and practice plenty of things during their first year and those things are invaluable for surviving their second year. Like did you even hear what the headmistress said? 20% of the students in Kimberly can't survive the 7 years, and you would suggest that just because some student are above most, they should multiply their risk of dying by skipping important classes and jumping right into second year? Errr... Why?

Also BTW Andrew is an excellent student. He's in a bit of a slump mentally right now, but he's coming from a very high standard family. Not as high as Chella, but higher than most. Right now Oliver is just slightly above Andrew in combat. But they're some of the closest matches in the class. There's several other not yet named students that are pretty close of Oliver in combat as well.

Jul 15, 2023 2:21 PM
Nov 2021
Zefyris said:
Triggerfish124 said:

You're moving the goalpost. When you're intelligent enough and study properly, which both are, you're not struggling in school. That doesn't mean you should be skipping years. The learning year isn't about struggling, it's about learning and practising new things. Doing second year school curriculum without having done the first year is almost suicide. There are several learning subjects that are downright banned to teach to first years and only start in second year of school in Kimberly because of that. Since when is having good students in a class bad writing lol? Every class on our plannet has some student that are above the mass and don't especially struggle all year long, but suddenly you've decided that because it's a magical school that fact no longer applies?

Both Chella and Oliver learn and practice plenty of things during their first year and those things are invaluable for surviving their second year. Like did you even hear what the headmistress said? 20% of the students in Kimberly can't survive the 7 years, and you would suggest that just because some student are above most, they should multiply their risk of dying by skipping important classes and jumping right into second year? Errr... Why?

Also BTW Andrew is an excellent student. He's in a bit of a slump mentally right now, but he's coming from a very high standard family. Not as high as Chella, but higher than most. Right now Oliver is just slightly above Andrew in combat. But they're some of the closest matches in the class. There's several other not yet named students that are pretty close of Oliver in combat as well.

Its literally impossible to argue with you without spoiling the anime because you're past the content that has been seen so I'm just going to stop. I don't like spoilers, even though honestly I think this anime sucks. It has really great animation but it has several moments where it jumps from one thing to another without sufficient build up or development, and the characters don't seem that interesting to me, so overall I feel unsatisfied.
If Michella and Oliver learn things taught by the teachers, ig thats one component I will wait to complain about until after the anime finishes. Students who have studied before the classes should have an easy time at the beginning, although I don't see why Pete would have a hard time controlling his magic with how obsessed he's been of studying.
Seeing as Oliver has this whole mysterious persona going on, that battle with Nanai, and the fact hes even knowledgable about higher classed students, I figured he was for some reason hiding out in the lower leveled class.
Why should the academy care if these two students die? From the way it sounded, they'll just figure they weren't good enough and move on. Ofc since this is an object of my premise that the two didn't seem like they'd learn anything in their current classes, ig thats no longer a key point at this time.
Jul 19, 2023 11:34 PM

May 2009
Will anime reveal this?
Jul 21, 2023 9:01 AM
Jan 2022
Yeah, huge spoiler but Peter's secret is quite something...he could certainly become a "friend with benefits", eheheh.

Also, once again, I think the main issue is that anime adaptation as usual jumps around from plot point to plot point and cannot engage in world building.

Kimberly is a school that specializes in battle mages (there is a reason for that) but they also encourage all avenues of magic research and practice.
duraskJul 21, 2023 9:06 AM
Jul 21, 2023 9:49 AM
Nov 2020
Triggerfish124 said:
Zefyris said:

You're moving the goalpost. When you're intelligent enough and study properly, which both are, you're not struggling in school. That doesn't mean you should be skipping years. The learning year isn't about struggling, it's about learning and practising new things.  Doing second year school curriculum without having done the first year is almost suicide. There are several learning subjects that are downright banned to teach to first years and only start in second year of school in Kimberly because of that. Since when is having good students in a class bad writing lol? Every class on our plannet has some student that are above the mass and don't especially struggle all year long, but suddenly you've decided that because it's a magical school that fact no longer applies?

Its literally impossible to argue with you without spoiling the anime because you're past the content that has been seen so I'm just going to stop. I don't like spoilers, even though honestly I think this anime sucks. It has really great animation but it has several moments where it jumps from one thing to another without sufficient build up or development, and the characters don't seem that interesting to me, so overall I feel unsatisfied.
If Michella and Oliver learn things taught by the teachers, ig thats one component I will wait to complain about until after the anime finishes. Students who have studied before the classes should have an easy time at the beginning, although I don't see why Pete would have a hard time controlling his magic with how obsessed he's been of studying.
Seeing as Oliver has this whole mysterious persona going on, that battle with Nanai, and the fact hes even knowledgable about higher classed students, I figured he was for some reason hiding out in the lower leveled class.
Why should the academy care if these two students die? From the way it sounded, they'll just figure they weren't good enough and move on. Ofc since this is an object of my premise that the two didn't seem like they'd learn anything in their current classes, ig thats no longer a key point at this time.
because "theory" is "theory" and "practice" is "practice." you could study all there is about soccer, and still suck at playing it as beginners, unless you've been practicing before you enter school, and obviously there are some students like that irl. studying magic would be no different. it's just common sense, which is what zefyris has been saying. they're not even spoiling anything; the real spoiler will be the post by bastek66 just below your post. you've been warned, by the way

i can get being annoyed by pete's behavior. i'll just say that, when one enters a whole new environment where you can literally die anytime, where it can be quite "dog eats dog," ALL BY ONESELF, acting tough is one of the possible reactions. and it appears that oliver and co understand that, but it seems that the anime doesn't really showcase that part quite well (or not yet, perhaps. it's still just 3 episodes, after all)

(this may be minor detail, but he visited katie as well in eps 2. i suppose that's saying something about him)
Jul 21, 2023 11:21 AM
Nov 2021
ringer540 said:
Triggerfish124 said:

because "theory" is "theory" and "practice" is "practice." you could study all there is about soccer, and still suck at playing it as beginners, unless you've been practicing before you enter school, and obviously there are some students like that irl. studying magic would be no different. it's just common sense, which is what zefyris has been saying. they're not even spoiling anything; the real spoiler will be the post by bastek66 just below your post. you've been warned, by the way

i can get being annoyed by pete's behavior. i'll just say that, when one enters a whole new environment where you can literally die anytime, where it can be quite "dog eats dog," ALL BY ONESELF, acting tough is one of the possible reactions. and it appears that oliver and co understand that, but it seems that the anime doesn't really showcase that part quite well (or not yet, perhaps. it's still just 3 episodes, after all)

(this may be minor detail, but he visited katie as well in eps 2. i suppose that's saying something about him)

Dude, whatever. You have said so many things that told me more about whats happening in the future. Some of it was stuff I basically asked for, some of it wasn't.

Just like soccer, there is nothing apparent keeping people from practicing magic outside of school. I would imagine someone like Pete would have at least tried a few experiments at home.

I don't really care about Pete. Hes just not that interesting for me to either like him or not. The only characters who are given enough time to get an opinion on (imo at least) in the first two episodes was Michela, Oliver, and Nanai. Nanai is just weird in general and her history before the story is weak at best so far. I don't hate her, but she's super cringey and her character is just so jarring it doesn't feel right.
I don't like Oliver. He's given the personality of your typical overpowered isekai character with a harem. That fight with Andrew and his reasoning behind fighting Nanai instead of Andrew are weak at best. He goes from acting like Nanai needs to be protected to immediately acting like he needs to do his best against her before the battle even starts. It seems like Andrew knows Michela but theres no inclination Andrew knows Oliver or vice versa. And if Michela knows Andrew and hes a decent guy like you speak of, there's no reason for her to keep him from fighting Nanai in the first place.
Michela seems like an okay character. I don't like how Oliver and Michela just basically act like they're able to do just about anything in this stage. Even if its easy for them, I don't like how they essentially act like chaperones or teachers to their friends.

Honestly though the characters isnt why I don't like the anime. The main thing I don't like about the anime is how the pacing goes. Anime randomly starts with a bunch of students walking on a sidewalk with weird plants. It then immediately skips to them at a parade, and then randomly some stranger tries to kill one of them. It then skips to orientation, where the principal tells students they are responsible for their own safety.
Then episode 2.
The first class, sword arts, online lasts for like 10 minutes. The class literally only gets a description of the swords they use, followed by an intense sword fight between a wizard and a warrior, and then class is dismissed.
The second class is completely skipped over except to give us the notion the teacher doesn't like wizards using swords.
Third class has mostly decent content, but there are still issues with pacing. Michela instantly finishes her cocoons, which doesnt make sense to me. I figure you can't just give short sharp doses of magic for the cocoons to spend correctly. There isnt any scenes where Oliver does his, we just assume he finished.
And then the infirmary, which is a fine transition, no problems there really.
And then the lunchroom, where Oliver and Michela just randomly get up and quickly walk Pete out of there to get that book. There's decent reasoning for their actions ig, but the way it was done was just weird.
And then finally the last part, which ig is okay but I dont understand why theres two higher class students just going around looking for lower class students to pester.
Jul 21, 2023 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
Secret333 said:
For me no. Blud's a neek and loser. If you say yes, you're lying to yourself. I just don't see anyone in the friendship group being friends with him IRL. He literally ignores them and reads, and puts no effort. In fact, the entire cast don't seem like their actually will be friends
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 5, 2023 8:17 AM
Jan 2022
So....reviving this thread. Please keep it SFW.
Sep 6, 2023 1:58 AM
Jul 2021
In RL? Nope, never he's such a useless/emotional/drama queen cry baby. Oh look at me I can change sexes, I am super special. Nope dude you are a freak that needs medical attention, and not validation.

What can he do besides changing sexes and reading a lot? Nothing that is.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 6, 2023 9:21 AM

Dec 2009
wtf even is this thread... The only character i question in this serious for their personal qualities is oliver.

Pete isn't a loser of any kind, just like with most characters of their type, they lack confidence but have a lot of potential.
Most people have good qualities, especially when they are gentle and sincere and true to themselves; traits anime characters usually have, and many people in the real world seem to not understand the value of. I treasure whenever i find good people, no matter how timid or bold they may be.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 19, 2023 4:22 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Jeevzsk
mechian said:

They get humbled fast.

I don't mind the stereotype. I just don't think he fits into the group. I also wouldn't talk to him
@Jeevzsk lmfaoooo 😭😭 I wouldn’t take to him😭😭😭

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.