Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2023 1:24 PM

May 2021
That guy's friend sure is somethin'. While not completely accurate, he's at least right about Kotoko being the hammer of justice and all that.

Now that S2's over, Yuki-onna spinoff when?

Mar 28, 2023 6:30 PM

Jul 2012
Enjoyed more than expected, the last arc of 1st season felt so dull. Didn't expect that much so was rather surprised.
Love Kotoko's quirks ...
Also this season felt a bit faster even with so much talking.
7/10 overall
Mar 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Oct 2008
Weekly sex jokes of Kotoko Iwanaga never ends! hoping for an S3!!
4/5.
7/10.

Mar 30, 2023 6:53 PM
Dec 2012
Great end to the second season
Mar 30, 2023 7:00 PM
Jul 2012
Season 2 has a wildly different feel to season 1, but I enjoyed its episodic nature. I rate it 8 horny Kotoko's out of 10.
Mar 31, 2023 3:59 PM
Mar 2021
bom aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Apr 1, 2023 3:23 PM

Jul 2016
Brief side-story to conclude a very solid second season. Really liked it and can already tell it was more enjoyable than the last case this sequel addressed.

Also lol at my latam subs. "Tonight I'm gonna break the bed in half" xD

Overall, quite entertaining sequel season. Season 1 was already good in my book but the way they handled the cases this time was definitely better. Appreciated the variety in cases and new characters as well.
That said, Yuki-Onna case was definitely the one I liked the most. Such a shame we didn't see her and Masayuki again tho.

7,5/10 -> 7/10 - Wishing for Season 3. Already missing Kotoko's naughty comments.
SouthRzVaApr 1, 2023 3:26 PM
Apr 1, 2023 4:49 PM
Jul 2008
The best one is snowwoman story. Dunno why the rich family case made me feel really bored.

Overall is quite good, I hope there's next season.
Apr 11, 2023 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
Pretty average outside of the Yuki Onna story. I could use a spinoff featuring her and her partner.
Apr 12, 2023 4:41 AM
Jan 2017
hmm interesting,,
did anyone know, are they really having seggs brutal after that??
Apr 12, 2023 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
before i say anything else, i usually hate everything related to detective stuff
there's a few "detective anime" i like, but for sure not for detective stuff, but for the character interactions, cause of Hyouka or Lycoris Recoil

that being said, in this anime, i actually have fun listening to Kotoko talking for literally 20 minutes straight about random leads until she makes others confess... don't ask me why LOL

and ofc, let's not forget all the sex jokes as well... or ofc, the fact that the 2 cousins are immortal and shock people with their revives :D

about this episode tho, i'm not sure if we needed this last random case, but i liked the fact that her ghost will forever torment him, deserved for being a pos

anyway 8/10, i'd enjoy another season for sure
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 12, 2023 11:42 PM

May 2020
These two salarymen seem so bored and have no topic in mind that they had to choose Kotoko as a topic to talk about. Their theory is funny and they had to refer to a God of Wisdom while talking about her. They don't have the slightest idea. 

Her reason for eating Unaju 🤣🤣🤣. The last dialogue though. Guess, I have to accept their relationship has reached that extent. I thought she was just saying it to fluster him.
Apr 16, 2023 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly this season was just as disappointing as the first one. But the twist and mysteries were a bit more interesting. However, apart from Kotoko's character there was nothing worth mentioning. Kuro's character literally has no purpose apart from serving as Kotoko's guardian/boyfriend. He is still a bland and boring character with little to no personality. Even Rikka is a more interesting than this robot despite her screen time. Kotoko can carry this show without his irrelevant existence.
Apr 16, 2023 4:50 PM

Jun 2015
This was a very random finale.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 19, 2023 9:53 PM

Nov 2019
I had forgotten how dialog-heavy this series was.

Love the character design, but there's just far too many stationary talking scenes. Bakemonogatari livened up its dialog fetish with snappy background animation, yet here it's just... dead space mostly. Only this last episode manages to consistently provide movement alongside the dialog.
Apr 20, 2023 6:00 AM
May 2022
it was really good i enjoyed the action and the fantacy
Apr 23, 2023 11:59 AM

Feb 2020
Not as good as first season. Less twist and shorter case. Tbh too many wife killing case...yikes! Especially the last one felt almost feel like it's supposed to be normalised joke among husband and wife. But yeah i did like the deduction part of all the cases.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Apr 23, 2023 2:46 PM

Mar 2017
I liked Season 2 WAAAAY better than the first one! The cases were much more interesting and the chemistry between Kotoko & Kuro was better.

I find their relationship a bit odd though; he doesn’t really show her much affection, like in a way that makes me question if he even likes being around her.

I feel like they need to flesh Kuro’s character out more too. We get a great sense of the kind of person Kotoko is but beyond ‘a nice and reserved person’ we don’t really know much more about Kuro.
May 4, 2023 3:51 AM

Jul 2015
While still as dialogue-heavy as s1, this season was surely a step up with not only having a better spectre waifu (Yuki-Onna > Steel lady Nanase) but also how it covers more (unique) cases instead of one dragged out one.

Jun 9, 2023 7:01 PM
Mar 2016
Second season was much better. The cases were more interesting and had more of a mystery to them. First one was definitely the strongest, and then they got progressively weaker. 5/10
Jul 3, 2023 2:58 AM

Mar 2021
I think the 2nd season was much better simply because Steel Lady Nanase wasn't in it.
Jul 23, 2023 4:39 AM
Mar 2016
weirdo. why they announce season 2 right away after season 1 ended but I didn't expect that they didn't announce season 3 right away the way season 1 ended.
Jul 23, 2023 6:22 AM
Mar 2016
just a comment: sry guys. unfortunately this anime isn't for me. I can't do it with anime with too much talking especially when it comes to too much explaination of cases. it's not even a normal conversation like a slice of life. also the yuki-onna arc is way too short. before its release too much profile going on and post of yuki-onna. but didn't know that it's only last 2 episodes. I'm amazed that I could finished season 1 but I couldn't finished season 2. I'm up to episode 5 and dropped there. will come back in the future but will be a very long time until I'm into these sort of stuff. right now, I'm too into shounen, fighting like hell's paradise or demon slayer despite I'm over 40. never interested in seinen despite seinen target audience above 20.
Edited: I'm currently rating it 6/10. please feel free to change mind at what scene and what is it that worth to rate it higher. I see most cases are no investation scene or any action or evidence but mostly just talking and there is it. they got the answer right away. this anime skipping a few step. oh man they even better than a police investigation.
I can't rate 7/10
KinjiKidoJul 23, 2023 6:31 AM
Aug 20, 2023 11:49 AM
Jun 2020
The pacing has improved significantly, lots of new stories that happened and concluded.

though I would argue that the last episode is a bit weak. having such an anticlimactic epilogue ruins it tbh.
7/10
Sep 6, 2023 4:08 AM
Jan 2022
Story wise season 1 was better but if you are talking about enjoyment season 2
Sep 21, 2023 1:12 PM

Jul 2008
Karma will get you in the end.

Kotoko cold and ruthless with her explanations as always.

I give this an 8/10 hopefully more to come.
Dec 7, 2023 4:30 AM
Aug 2023
This last episode was pretty underwhelming. Kotoko normally tries to hide the existence of ghosts, but here she does the opposite and tells the guy that ghosts exist...just to stick it to him more?!? The guy was already on his way to turn himself in, and the ghost was going to cling to him either way...so it was all so pointless to even say anything to him. Kotoko was just being cruel to be cruel, unless she was trying to convince him not to turn himself in, since that's the only real difference it would make for the guy knowing or not.

S2 had a lot of great side characters, arguably ironically better than the two main characters. The Yuki-onna and Masayuki, and their story, was probably the best of both S1 and S2. I definitely would love to just watch a whole season of those two having slice of life episodes of them going about their daily lives and lowkey romance. Honestly, the weaker part of their arc is when Kotoko shows up.

This anime has good character interactions, and I think Kotoko and Kurou were worse this season because they had less character interactions. In S1 Kotoko got more push back from Kurou and his ex-GF, and in S2 she was mostly doing exposition. The problem with her expositions in both seasons is since she tells so many false versions, and in such great detail, once the true version is revealed it feels like so much time and effort was wasted on all the false ones. This is why it feels like barely anything has happened in two seasons. While they did a good enough job that the episodes weren't boring (except the latter half of the S1 Steel Lady Arc which was too long), they should have focused more on character interactions. Kotoko was at her best blurting out delusional perverted things, and getting burned by other characters. S2 had far less of that, and more of her being excessively cruel and not enough push back on her. It's boring when she's considered "high and mighty" and nobody challenging her because of her supposed authority and status.
Jan 30, 12:00 PM

Aug 2014
MUCH better than season 1.
Slimes say "Goo'd day".
May 31, 12:12 PM

Dec 2022
For a mystery confined to a single episode, this case was still very enjoyable, and Kotoko discerning that this guy was chalking his possession-driven insomnia up to a guilt he didn't necessarily really feel as a comforting mechanism demonstrated her adept understanding of human psyches too.

Much better structure in this season than the first one, and Kotoko in particular was as standout as ever. Unfortunately, Kurou is still an entirely flat and irrelevant character, and Kotoko's genuine infatuation with him still confuses me somewhat. This series would really benefit from fleshing Kurou and his relationship with Kotoko out more; it's the one thing that continues to let it down in this season. Otherwise, this is a solid mystery anime with a charismatic, unique main heroine and effective directing that keeps you immersed in each case that's introduced.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Jul 7, 11:47 PM

Jun 2011
Overall this season is a 500% improvement over the initial season which took literally 10 fucking episodes to complete one case and most of that was repeating the same dialogues over and over again with no new information or plot progression.

I liked that this season actually had several different cases instead of 12 episodes for basically 2.5 cases.

I agree with others, an unhealthy amount of femicide and sociopathy everywhere. Waiting for original personalities and cases, with more ayakashi and less humans.

The wife killer in last ep is at least right that Kotoko is a sheltered privileged brat. I'm pretty sure Kuro hasn't given her what she wanted yet. I'll believe it when I see it or hear him say it happened.

Not super invested in the characters and if a case is longer than 2 eps it's like pulling teeth... maybe that's just me though. It's at the very least super refreshing to watch a show that has not one but two main females that aren't afraid of anything. And the main girl is sex positive too. So if there ends up being a S3 I'll still probably watch it, I just hope the writing improved.
Jul 11, 3:24 AM
Feb 2018
O que era esperado.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2023

71 by DarkBlue »»
Sep 4, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Swiggy - Aug 16, 2022

78 by Zenoxlkz »»
Aug 3, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2023

42 by -Vaisravana- »»
Jul 7, 10:54 PM

» Does Yuki Onna return?

mechian - Nov 2, 2023

5 by Debasky »»
Jun 13, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2023

38 by Archean-Return »»
May 31, 9:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.