Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2023 8:45 AM

Sep 2013
a decent finale for a decent "prequel"

the artstyle,the animation quality,the 80s vibe i liked all that, kind of a disappointing Arsene Lupin but Lupin II was an absolute Chad wish we saw more of him

i won't consider this canon but it entertained me 

oh and the ending is absolute fire, maybe ending of 2021.

6/10
Deep dark fantasies
Jan 13, 2023 10:43 AM
May 2018
Pretty good OVA series sucks that it was only 6 episode would have liked to see more. The chase between the two Lupin was really good.
Jan 13, 2023 1:39 PM

Jan 2012
And so Lupin and Jigen stop Gaucho, but lose Yoko in the process. Still, the two have stepped into their own, and their legendary careers have just begun.

This was a pretty fun little mini-series. I enjoyed seeing the other two Lupins, but the "bromance" of sorts between Lupin and Jigen was definitely the best thing about this. Solid 7/10
Jan 13, 2023 1:54 PM

Jul 2017
so Yoko was lupin's first love then? there's enough clues to say that at least.. the present being one of the most important "insert subtext here that is blatant obvious" .

Yoko seemed genuinely flattered by Lupin's feeling but at the end she loved Gaucho more.
Jan 13, 2023 3:18 PM

Nov 2016
Green jacket is the flyest

Overall I liked the story of "Lupin becoming a man" I just don't think I will treat this as canon. Let's say it's for the sake of maintaining the rest of Lupin's mysterious aura.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2023 3:49 PM

Dec 2017
Far better than the tripe that was Part VI. Every episode was a ride... even though I wish they had maintained the edge of the original manga but what we got is perfectly fine by me. Sure hope we get a sequel to Lupin Zero but the story seems pretty closed.
Jan 13, 2023 5:36 PM

Oct 2021
I loved this series so much!! It was awesome seeing Lupin and Jigen's relationship come together. This show gave me the feels like no other Lupin series has before
Jan 13, 2023 7:16 PM
May 2021
I found this to be really well done. The end wasn't something I was totally expecting but I thought it was appropriate. I agree with the others that this shouldn't be canon, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable. Well animated, as well-- but my favorite part was smol Jigen, what a legend
Jan 13, 2023 9:03 PM
Mar 2019
We all know Women love a bad guy, never really understood why though.
Wish Lupin would stop falling for every Girl he meets.
Good series.
Jan 14, 2023 12:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice last episode, dramatic with unexpected final!!!

Lupin first love, is my title!

kekeke

6/10
Jan 14, 2023 8:47 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
I never would have thought out of an entire Lupin prequel, my favorite part would be a random tribe shaman girl and her adorable chant. "Kitehtay, Koshee Koshee! "Kitehtay, Koshee Koshee!"

This finale did a decent enough job, though I think it would have been better if episode 5 and 6 were one longer episode. In fact, this could have been a movie, though perhaps longer than the average Lupin film. The way they portray Lupin the First throughout the series is kind of inconsistent. Sometimes they want us to like him, and other times they don't. It's kind of baffling. I think it might have made more sense for the grandfather to be the "good" one that Lupin looked up to and the father to be the "not as good" one that tried to lead Lupin astray. But it is what is is.

I found all the mercenary stuff and Yoko stuff to be fairly uninteresting, but the way the storyline wrapped up was well done.

The best moments, shaman girl chant aside, were the Lupin vs Lupin antics and the growing friendship between Lupin and Jigen. When Lupin was chasing his father with the scooby doo chase antics, I realized how much I always wanted to see that. It was a lot of fun.

All in all. A pretty good prequel. It could have been better, but it was a fresh take on the Lupin series, which can be argued was sorely needed after part 6.
Jan 14, 2023 1:31 PM

Mar 2019
I enjoyed watching this more than I did part 6... Granted, it's only six episodes compared to 24. Hopefully part 7 has a stronger story than both these shows and at least visually looks closer to Zero than 6. I really disliked how 6 looked. The visuals here were really good. Music was great. Story was just sort of okay.

My biggest gripe with Zero is the concept. You have to suspend your disbelief a lot while watching Lupin, but at least with adult Lupin I find it easier to accept the craziness because I assume he's been on many adventures and has developed his skills. In Zero he's too young and it's more of a challenge to buy into what I'm watching. Child-age Lupin and Jigen are running around shooting militants and taking down a revolutionary who stole a nuclear warhead... Like, what? Maybe I'm the only one who felt likes this, but I felt it was a more ridiculous watch than usual. A smaller gripe for me is the voice acting... I HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEED young Lupin's cracking voice. It was like hearing nails raking against a chalkboard.
Jan 14, 2023 5:50 PM
Jan 2018
Can we get a young Lupin type story like Batman Year 1, where he isn't invincible yet, but not a snot nosed kid? K thanks, bye.

The OVA was 7 out of 10. I gave it an extra point for fantastic animation so it's an 8 out of 10 for me. I'm not a fan of the Japanese high school experience, not even Lupin could pull of making that interesting to me. I get that we needed some levity, but I wish the anime committed more to jokes (funny jokes) and seriousness. In the end, some of the jokes were funny, and some the action was nice, but it didn't capture that Lupin magic of being dark and fun at the same time. Which is one thing Lupin part 6 actually did well.

Yuji Ohno can't die. We need more Lupantic 6 soundtracking our new Lupin anime. The new band did alright, but Lupin is well known for its phenomenal music, so alright doesn't cut it.
Jan 15, 2023 7:48 AM

May 2018
My least favourite episode, but the surrealistic Lupin II vs Lupin III fight was kind of epic.
Jan 15, 2023 5:57 PM

Apr 2021
another adventure for the books
Jan 16, 2023 12:08 PM
Nov 2018
Worst Lupin series ever
Jan 20, 2023 11:07 PM

Dec 2017
MFDOOMED said:
Can we get a young Lupin type story like Batman Year 1, where he isn't invincible yet, but not a snot nosed kid? K thanks, bye.

The OVA was 7 out of 10. I gave it an extra point for fantastic animation so it's an 8 out of 10 for me. I'm not a fan of the Japanese high school experience, not even Lupin could pull of making that interesting to me. I get that we needed some levity, but I wish the anime committed more to jokes (funny jokes) and seriousness. In the end, some of the jokes were funny, and some the action was nice, but it didn't capture that Lupin magic of being dark and fun at the same time. Which is one thing Lupin part 6 actually did well.

Yuji Ohno can't die. We need more Lupantic 6 soundtracking our new Lupin anime. The new band did alright, but Lupin is well known for its phenomenal music, so alright doesn't cut it.
I mean a significant amount of the Lupin capers in the earlier parts ended in failure. Part IV onwards started mythologizing him. 
Jan 29, 2023 7:24 PM
Aug 2022
Great finale to this little series. Seeing the iconic pistol and suit for the first time was such a rush. Only wish it was longer.
Feb 24, 2023 5:20 PM

Dec 2021
FUCK YEAH!!! HE'S GOT THE GREEN JACKET!!!

If this 6 episode ONA was a movie, it'd be the best damn Lupin movie of all time. Too bad we didn't get a cover of "Nice Guy Lupin", but otherwise, this was unadulterated perfection. 10/10, no debate. I watched the series for fun time, and I got a fun time.
Daviljoe193Feb 24, 2023 5:44 PM
'Say the line, Bart' meme, but with Suiseiseki saying 'NTHE'
Apr 15, 2023 2:28 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Wow, I had so much fun with this series. It had quite a bit of that zany cartoon humor that I totally welcome in anime. I could watch young Lupin and Jigen being criminals forever. I've always loved how close they were as criminals-- you get the buddy cop films but buddy criminal media can be fun too. So for me, this was right up my alley since they played that part up a lot.
But gosh that Lupin II and III chase scene was so fun! Just the whole anime was a fun ride. I was going to save this for later, but I'm so glad I ended up watching it. Now it makes me want to rewatch some older Lupin III!! But also yessss I loved that he had the green jacket!!
Had a great time!!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 24, 1:35 PM
Nov 2023
fue un gran final.
Oct 5, 6:27 AM
Dec 2020
Pretty good series overall but this ending could have been better

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 5 Discussion

link2601 - Jan 6, 2023

16 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 1, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 3 Discussion

link2601 - Dec 23, 2022

18 by Brunilde »»
Oct 1, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 2 Discussion

link2601 - Dec 16, 2022

14 by Swiggy »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 1 Discussion

Ranxomare - Dec 17, 2022

19 by Swiggy »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:30 AM

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 4 Discussion

link2601 - Dec 30, 2022

8 by Nemo_Niemand »»
Mar 3, 2023 5:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.