Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Mew Mew
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 11, 2022 9:15 AM
Mar 2010
StallionXD said:
Did Aoyama got cucked in the ending? Ichigo kiss the blonde guy in it, what an horrible way to spoil the story in the ending of the very 1st episode lol this can have 20+ years old but still that shouldn't matter here.

No, and i mentioned on my tumblr and twitter that Ichigo and Ryou lips don't actually kiss.....this is just a foreshadowing to Ichigo turning into a cat due to excitment (high adrenaline) that's why there's a flash and their on cat mode
Jul 11, 2022 9:18 AM
Mar 2010
People saying its rushed haven't read the manga.......Ichigo kisisng happened in the 3rd or 4th page of the manga and she becoming a mew mew too
It's only on chapter 2 that Minto gets introduced (which will be skipped obliviously)
and we're gonna enter chapter 3 when Lettuce is introduced

Minto might be acting nice to Ichigo now, cause she had plans to make her join the mew team/project.

I expect her to get in some fights Ichigo like it was in the og
Jul 11, 2022 6:17 PM

Nov 2014
BerryChanx said:
StallionXD said:
Did Aoyama got cucked in the ending? Ichigo kiss the blonde guy in it, what an horrible way to spoil the story in the ending of the very 1st episode lol this can have 20+ years old but still that shouldn't matter here.

No, and i mentioned on my tumblr and twitter that Ichigo and Ryou lips don't actually kiss.....this is just a foreshadowing to Ichigo turning into a cat due to excitment (high adrenaline) that's why there's a flash and their on cat mode

They always called it a kiss in both anime and manga.

Jul 11, 2022 6:22 PM
Mar 2010
yanderela said:
BerryChanx said:

Yeah she required a kiss to turn back into normal but her cat counterparts always appeared when she was exctired, there was also some moments in the manga and anime where she turned into a cat because she was excited (episode 27 for ex, she was super excited to kiss an unconscious aoyama, we see hee cat parts but then a dog scares her and she transforms)
Ep 36 ryou shirogane teases her with a fake kiss and she transforms into a cat
I clearly remember her first cat transformation in the manga
Aoyama didn't kiss her
She ran away at the last minute to the bathroom because of the stress, and then she noticed the world was suddenly a lot bigger and looked at the mirror...

She ran into a bathroom and transformed
BerryChanxJul 11, 2022 6:26 PM
Jul 11, 2022 6:25 PM

Nov 2014
BerryChanx said:
yanderela said:

Yeah she required a kiss to turn back into normal but her cat counterparts always appeared when she was exctired, there was also some moments in the manga and anime where she turned into a cat because she was excited (episode 27 for ex, she was super excited to kiss an unconscious aoyama, we see hee cat parts but then a dog scares her and she transforms)
Ep 36 ryou shirogane teases her with a fake kiss and she transforms into a cat

Yes! Sorry, I though you were saying that it wasn't a kiss at all xD

Jul 11, 2022 9:06 PM

May 2019
I loved this series growing up so I'm happy to see it being remade. I'm a little sad they changed up the beginning and made Aoyama her first kiss instead of Kisshu/Quiche but I haven't read the manga in years so maybe that's how it was done there? ;;
Jul 11, 2022 9:15 PM

Nov 2014
HylianArcher said:
I loved this series growing up so I'm happy to see it being remade. I'm a little sad they changed up the beginning and made Aoyama her first kiss instead of Kisshu/Quiche but I haven't read the manga in years so maybe that's how it was done there? ;;

I'm really upset with that too, her first kiss was with Kisshu in the original anime and in the manga ;.;

Jul 12, 2022 1:51 PM
May 2017
So Aoyama is basically PETA's and Greta's supporter
Jul 12, 2022 6:43 PM

Nov 2009
TBH, I laughed when everyone gets pushed/ directed into an area only to be blasted by a rainbow beam, LOL

If this wasn't a "power giving beam"... I am sure in an alternative reality everyone is dead, LOL.

___ ___ ___

(even tho this "New" is technically a "alternative reality" to the original "Mew")
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 15, 2022 1:37 AM

Nov 2014
I wonder why they specifically chose this series to have a reboot. Not that I'm against it since I enjoyed this a lot back in the days, but to be fair, there are other series that deserves a remake/continuation more than TMM. Anyway, first episode seems decent. I've forgotten what the old version was like so Idk if I enjoyed it cuz the story was good or cuz I was young and didn't know what good writing was. I hope this remake will be just as good or even better.
Jul 16, 2022 3:21 AM

Jun 2015
Ribbon Strawberry Check!

Love it!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 16, 2022 8:34 AM
Jul 2022
ttcchen said:
I wonder why they specifically chose this series to have a reboot. Not that I'm against it since I enjoyed this a lot back in the days, but to be fair, there are other series that deserves a remake/continuation more than TMM. Anyway, first episode seems decent. I've forgotten what the old version was like so Idk if I enjoyed it cuz the story was good or cuz I was young and didn't know what good writing was. I hope this remake will be just as good or even better.

They probably kinda randomly chose this out of the low profile shit around the table to promote seiyuus while not really caring about the source material. It's the sad cancer of the industry.
Jul 17, 2022 3:58 AM

Jun 2015
yorgashx said:
ttcchen said:

They probably kinda randomly chose this out of the low profile shit around the table to promote seiyuus while not really caring about the source material. It's the sad cancer of the industry.

Why so negative. I never watched the original but Im watching this and I find it fun.
Jul 19, 2022 12:09 AM
Sep 2015
Supremely disappointed that they cut out Minto's rich bitch arc and just had her already be a mew. Maybe I should rewatch the original and see if it's just nostalgia clouding my judgment or if the remake really is just vapid and mediocre lol

Literally felt like I was watching precure with catgirls ngl, which is a shame, they had the chance to do something different
Jul 20, 2022 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
kikiee said:
Supremely disappointed that they cut out Minto's rich bitch arc and just had her already be a mew. Maybe I should rewatch the original and see if it's just nostalgia clouding my judgment or if the remake really is just vapid and mediocre lol

Literally felt like I was watching precure with catgirls ngl, which is a shame, they had the chance to do something different

"Minto's rich bitch arc" Oh yeahhh! I miss that :(

Jul 23, 2022 7:20 AM
Jan 2018
I was so hyped that my childhood anime is finally getting remake, but unfortunately, it ruined by Ichigo's voice acting which is... Forgive me to say this... Annoying. Although I understand that the voice actors here are mostly new. I just hope that they can improve their voice acting for the next episodes of even anime projects.
Jul 26, 2022 8:02 PM
Mar 2012
Quite funny corny, rushing all the tropes played straight.
Animation & mouse fight decent. MC is funny but dunno genre might not be for me.
Jul 30, 2022 11:27 AM

Jun 2015
gophercg said:
Quite funny corny, rushing all the tropes played straight.
Animation & mouse fight decent. MC is funny but dunno genre might not be for me.

Check out if its not for you
Aug 3, 2022 2:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Looks like precure with a better animation but with ikemen around the girl instead. Also I thought they were all cats but it's only the main girl
Aug 13, 2022 4:01 PM

Jun 2015
Love this show, im just sneaking in a quick post as everything ive written today has been deleted. Mew Mew!-
Aug 21, 2022 1:24 PM
Mar 2017
Gotta see how this new one pans out. So far seems eh
Aug 24, 2022 5:20 PM
Aug 2022
I'm a huge fan of the original run of Tokyo Mew Mew, although the pacing wasn't the best, I still enjoyed the characters and story. This first episode of the reboot was a little rough if I'm being quite honest. I'm very sad that Ichigo wasn't properly introduced like in the original, and her love for Aoyama seemed to come out of no where. I wish they followed closely to the first episode of the original, and used that to branch out into possible new introductions for the other characters in later episodes. The fact that all of the characters appeared in the first episode unfortunately made me lose my excitement for their initial reveal... Over-all I'm noticing that the plan this time around may be to rush pacing of the show to correct the slow pacing of the original, but I think they're rushing the story too quickly... ESPECIALLY for episode one.

I give this episode a 3/5, only because I enjoyed the opening/outro and the new design!
Aug 29, 2022 10:09 AM
Jan 2018
A serviceable first episode but it made me realize I don't really care to re-experience this story and the animation gives it a weird, clean vibe that I don't particularly enjoy.
Aug 29, 2022 5:59 PM

Dec 2012
GnarNar said:
I'm a huge fan of the original run of Tokyo Mew Mew, although the pacing wasn't the best, I still enjoyed the characters and story. This first episode of the reboot was a little rough if I'm being quite honest. I'm very sad that Ichigo wasn't properly introduced like in the original, and her love for Aoyama seemed to come out of no where. I wish they followed closely to the first episode of the original, and used that to branch out into possible new introductions for the other characters in later episodes. The fact that all of the characters appeared in the first episode unfortunately made me lose my excitement for their initial reveal... Over-all I'm noticing that the plan this time around may be to rush pacing of the show to correct the slow pacing of the original, but I think they're rushing the story too quickly... ESPECIALLY for episode one.

I give this episode a 3/5, only because I enjoyed the opening/outro and the new design!

I just wanna note that this is a re-adaptation of the manga and that the pacing this follows the source material and not the adaptation that came out in 2002. You can still critique it ofc, but you seem to believe this to be a re-make of the old adaptation, which it is not.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Sep 21, 2022 7:43 AM

Feb 2015
Ahhh nostalgia!

Seriously what the heck is with Ichigo's transformation sequence?!

The original was much better! This one felt quicker and lacked impact. Hopefully the other girls have better ones.
Sep 22, 2022 12:35 PM
Dec 2020
the story dont catch me ngl
Sep 25, 2022 3:27 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I watched the original kinda as a kid, but it was the English version which I've been told made quite the wild changes. I also read a little of the manga back in the day as well as the hard-to-read Tokyo Mew Mew A la Mode (ugh). So I was interested in watching the reboot and then I'll eventually watch the original in Japanese one of these days. So far, this looks great visually! It looks newer yet still has a slightly retro look to it.

I also forgot darn near everything from the original, so it's like a new ride. But like yo, they like pretty much forced her to be a Mew Mew.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 6, 2022 3:34 PM
Jan 2014
It was good. I love the graphic, new voices, shiny colors, but....It was different than original version. I don't know if I love it or no yet.
I think that Ichigo met Mint in original was cute and special for their characters and manners. Their meeting in this version is...a little bit weird, cause they should not know that they have animal instinct. Maybe if I didn't see old version of this anime, it would be ok. Now I have to get use it..We will see, I will definitely continue watching next episodes.
Dec 26, 2022 5:01 AM
Oct 2018
Why is Minto the mastermind as of a sudden, that was kinda funny. Interesting choice. I like how they pulled some things from the manga as well, but also from the original anime. I thought I'd drop it immediately, but the nostalgia is carrying it. It's obvious that a lot of care went into the production. Love all the little details.
Feb 22, 2023 3:14 AM
Dec 2021
i'd rather prefer the original
Apr 16, 2023 12:41 AM

Oct 2013
SobbleBoy27 said:
Totally new to Tokyo Mew Mew and Magical Girls anime, but it was really fun to watch this first episode. I am excited for the next one.
Random thought... It's been 20 years, and this show is somewhat about conservationism... Will this show use modern knowledge on environmental issues when it discusses conservationism, or will it use the same language from the original?
That is a really interesting point. I was wondering that too. Quite depressing how after ~20 years, these animals are more or less still endangered, and things only seem to be getting worse with climate change and animal habitat destruction...
Apr 17, 2023 4:51 AM
May 2022
Nisien said:
SobbleBoy27 said:
Totally new to Tokyo Mew Mew and Magical Girls anime, but it was really fun to watch this first episode. I am excited for the next one.
Random thought... It's been 20 years, and this show is somewhat about conservationism... Will this show use modern knowledge on environmental issues when it discusses conservationism, or will it use the same language from the original?
That is a really interesting point. I was wondering that too. Quite depressing how after ~20 years, these animals are more or less still endangered, and things only seem to be getting worse with climate change and animal habitat destruction...
Dang, your right. Save the polar bears :(
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
May 14, 2023 2:55 PM
Oct 2011
Mio dio stravolto... Piango.
Jun 8, 2023 2:15 PM
Dec 2019
Kuroi23 said:
I was so hyped that my childhood anime is finally getting remake, but unfortunately, it ruined by Ichigo's voice acting which is... Forgive me to say this... Annoying. Although I understand that the voice actors here are mostly new. I just hope that they can improve their voice acting for the next episodes of even anime projects.
Fully agree, her voice actor doesn't fit the role at all.
Nov 17, 2023 9:27 PM

Dec 2021
Still not a good first impression. Watching this and New both for the first time (Only ever got exposed to a limited amount of 4Kids dubs, so just One Piece, Sonic X, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Kirby: Right Back At Ya!, and... uh, that's it, so I've got no childhood attachment to this anime), going one episode at a time, one old episode followed by one new episode. The visuals are honestly not bad, and are a lot more appealing than the visuals of the 2002 series. Already, we're being introduced to everybody, unlike EP 1 of the original series. The humor is still not great, but it's not as insufferable as the humor from the 2002 series. Still, not a fan, and might not watch past the next episode. Also, blond hair blue eyed dude is still too damn touchy-feelie, and while the other guy is actually better this time for not kissing her hand out of the blue, I still don't like them.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Nov 25, 2023 8:28 AM

Sep 2018
Wow! What a refreshing and dynamic start I must say! This episode escalated so quickly LOL
Since I've been a huge fan of the original anime, I'm really greatful for beeing able to watch a new remake of this one.
Ichigo and the rest team's new character designs are adorable!
I'm glad some of the old Ichigo lines are still included but I miss the old music of her metamorphosis though!
Dec 12, 2023 2:36 PM
Jul 2015
It feels like this new version is tending to a new auditory - horny men. I enjoyed the previous one for its innocence, more relatable experiences of a young girl, and lack of fan service. Guess anime nowadays is mostly for the horny and the lonely. What a disappointment.
Mar 19, 6:35 AM

Jul 2012
First of all..
B4 I try to watch thiz..
Thiz iz just the same story as the first old one, right?
Not a sequel or so..
I wonder if S2 is sequel from the old one, or just the sequel from thiz one..

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is it really less girly than Sailor Moon, Winx Club, Shugo Chara, and Mermaid Melody?

removed-user - Sep 17

3 by removed-user »»
Sep 19, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

50 by Thaliel »»
Jul 27, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2022

29 by Thaliel »»
Jul 23, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

52 by FlinnV »»
Jan 9, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2022

51 by Momoiro_Hime »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.