Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 30, 2022 3:10 PM

Jan 2011
This fucking show just decide to throw another monkey wrench into things. So went from killing iseaki mcs who will show up to destroy the world to her own employer telling the enemy how to do something that can fuck the world over...which it has a couple of times already.

Now you one side wanting to use the iseaki mcs or Pure Concepts as soldiers or harvest their power at least while the other wants to use them get young again. Our girl Menou's job just got tougher folks. What is she supposed to do now because killing Akari doesn't yield the result you think it does now but leaving her uncheck could be bad. Toss in two sides with bad intentions. Now, this is what you call conflict and interesting writing.

Oh, there is no way as of right now to send Otherworlders/ Prue Concepts back. This is extra fun now! I never thought we could have an MC be in such a shitty situation before but this show proved me wrong. I want more.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 30, 2022 10:45 PM

Feb 2017
EdgyLord666 said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

innocents?

dude, theyre dangerous INTERDIMENSIONAL beings who almost ended the world 4 times already lol

did you even make an attempt to watch episode 1?
the lost ones are not just your regular "innocent" you could randomly find anywhere

would you mind having these dangerous INTERDIMENSIONAL "humans" as your Neighbors? lol

who would you choose to kill,

dozens of ordinary people or one doctor who can heal and save millions of people?

saving orwell is a pretty rational choice,
her life obviously outweighs those dozens of random women

I don't know why you always bring up something that I never stated to begin with, but yes I'm talking about those random women, and using rational choice doesn't mean it can't be evil.

good and evil are pretty subjective tho

from the livestock (chickens, cows, goats) POV
we, emanity are nothing but murderers?
butt
things can be a lil bit different from cats, dogs POV

how about some chickens, cows, goats somehow have developed intellect equal to us, emanity?

I'm willing to bet all my money that we, emanity would still kill and eat em all anyways. obviously cuz we're scared of getting dethroned from the top of food chain lol

the church decide to kill the lost ones, obviously cuz they're sacred of repeating the same tragedy.
the lost ones either lose control on their own or the summoners exploit their power until they lose their mind

thats how subjective good and evil are,
at the end of the day...

its survival of the fittest
Lab_Rat_0978Apr 30, 2022 11:02 PM
May 1, 2022 12:27 AM
Apr 2019
how sad is the situation of this anime that has been unfairly treated as the worst garbage in the season from many people with the worsts bad takes I've seen in a long time, I just pray that over time people realize really is hidden gem.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
May 1, 2022 1:22 AM

Oct 2021
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
EdgyLord666 said:

I don't know why you always bring up something that I never stated to begin with, but yes I'm talking about those random women, and using rational choice doesn't mean it can't be evil.

good and evil are pretty subjective tho

from the livestock (chickens, cows, goats) POV
we, emanity are nothing but murderers?
butt
things can be a lil bit different from cats, dogs POV

how about some chickens, cows, goats somehow have developed intellect equal to us, emanity?

I'm willing to bet all my money that we, emanity would still kill and eat em all anyways. obviously cuz we're scared of getting dethroned from the top of food chain lol

the church decide to kill the lost ones, obviously cuz they're sacred of repeating the same tragedy.
the lost ones either lose control on their own or the summoners exploit their power until they lose their mind

thats how subjective good and evil are,
at the end of the day...

its survival of the fittest

Yes, that's pretty much what a villain would say.
May 1, 2022 2:43 AM

Jul 2017
incredibly 3/5 episode. epitemy of mid
May 1, 2022 5:30 AM

Aug 2021
It was all so weird already, just that only the church knows the spells to transport someone, then so that archbishop was the one responsible, just to not get old, already if you see the problem for Menou and Akari.
May 1, 2022 5:33 AM

Nov 2016
Kitsune_089 said:
incredibly 3/5 episode. epitemy of mid

what a great mid comment, it really contributes a lot
May 1, 2022 5:43 AM

Apr 2018
Pretty sure all of them will come out alive without a problem. Princess Ashuna is probably my favorite character so far. Her personality and design is just top notch and I love how much she teases Momo and tries to befriend her. She's also crazily strong so how can you not like her?

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 1, 2022 6:24 AM

Feb 2017
EmmanuelPlath said:
It was all so weird already, just that only the church knows the spells to transport someone, then so that archbishop was the one responsible, just to not get old, already if you see the problem for Menou and Akari.

thats mainly cuz the executioners have been killing the summoners and the lost one for decades already, so
the lost ones summoning magic is starting to get forgotten

nowadays only the church and not many outsiders who still know about it

remember how flare,
menou's master was killing numerous the lost ones while menou was still a kid? that time
all the summoners obviously were also buried alongside the lost ones lol
May 1, 2022 7:06 AM
Nov 2019
the foreshadowing from the previous episodes comes to a head....

I'm calling it now that Menou is an otherworlder that has been wiped and re-programmed to be the perfect assasin and the old biddy has her original pure essence.

Also from the OP she was a friend to Akari back in Jr school that died/disappeared.

I quite liked the plot twist in ep.1 where the male self-insert mc was killed off without a second thought.

hopefully it won't decend into "friendship can overcome all" with yuri-bait to spice it up. I'm hoping the old biddy goes fully postal on the world with her time shifting powers and plenty of death, suffering & destruction....
May 1, 2022 7:42 AM
Sep 2021
This anime is becoming more exciting. At first, I'm kinda disappointed because I thought they are kind of villain that just kill innocent summoned people, but now I realized that they are being used only and It has started to become a great exciting anime, so I'm really looking forward to the next episode because I'm really excited on what will happen from now on.
May 1, 2022 8:51 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
"whaaat! the old hag was using Menou to get power for herself?! i cannot belieeeeve it, what a twist!"

Yeah, the signs were there even from the opening than Menou was being used. Akari hasn't had that much of development either thus far apart from sticking to her in quite the intimate way (almost a bath scene).

That being said, even if the show hasn't been that unremarkable to me on that regard, I'm curious to see what will become of this now. As in, if we will get a broader look into the political scandal or not. There's still quite a bit of episodes so maybe.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 1, 2022 4:51 PM
May 2022
Menou is a member of the Faust but she is also a Executioner who hunt taboos. What Archbishop Orwell done is taboo, using human to make materials for 'Red', summoning otherworlders and planning to use Akari's Pure Concept to her own gain. Of course Menou would go against her but not to the whole Faust.

Great episode I love it
May 1, 2022 11:36 PM
Aug 2017
Okay so it is the church is corrupt and selfish, cliche maybe but the only alternatives I saw was the subplot with Momo causes the ritual to get destroyed, the ritual fails as the pure concept of time still activates and brings her back to life anyway or it succeeds and it's on to the next isekaied character getting murked. None of those had much potential for an engaging story so I'm honestly glad this is the direction it went.
May 2, 2022 5:58 PM

Jan 2013
Was waiting so much for this episode, where the "holy" priestess would finally reveal her cards, and as expected here we are...

I don't think that they will be able to remove the pure concept of time but we'll see.
Also, love that it was Ashuna that made Momo use her head.

But i am glad that it turned out like this for Menou, finally, she will start using her head by herself.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 3, 2022 5:01 AM

Dec 2020
i KNEW granny was sus
May 5, 2022 3:15 AM

Nov 2012
Loved the twist, didnt expect the old hag to be a villain, she pulled out a DB plot, also I find hilarious how Momo can't stand Hime when she's a x10 the same to Menou-chan

My Candies:

May 5, 2022 8:18 AM

Feb 2021
I kinda saw the plot twist coming a mile away with the old archbishop woman.

Doesn't matter though, because this show is awesome. Ashuna is definitely into Momo, whether Momo likes it or not!

I wonder if Akari is gonna use her reverse time powers again soon.
May 5, 2022 10:37 AM

Feb 2017
TSTO said:

Doesn't matter though, because this show is awesome. Ashuna is definitely into Momo, whether Momo likes it or not!

that said tho,
I bet you didnt expect it would blow up in episode 5 did you? that was like very very early in the story

yea,
ashuna is really into momo, iirc in episode 3 ashuna admits that she loves something beautiful and strong, momo definitely has em both covered

ashuna x momo, a match made in heaven
May 5, 2022 11:00 AM

Feb 2021
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
TSTO said:

that said tho,
I bet you didnt expect it would blow up in episode 5 did you? that was like very very early in the story

yea,
ashuna is really into momo, iirc in episode 3 ashuna admits that she loves something beautiful and strong, momo definitely has em both covered

ashuna x momo, a match made in heaven

I had a feeling something would happen to prevent the killing of Akari but I didn’t know how they would have the event unfold. The reveal of the old hag’s devious plan was definitely interesting though!

I second the Ashuna x Momo ship all day. Love the strong tough chick pursuing the cute small girl archetype in anime

Also want a happy ending for Menou x Akari but that might be too much to ask for
May 5, 2022 1:58 PM
Apr 2021
This episode was just fine. It felt like it was dragged out a bit so they could save resources on animating the fight scene in the next episode. I saw Orwell's evil side from a mile away (since episode 1), and I thought her reason for doing evil stuff was very flat.
Also, the revelation of Orwell being bad was just so rushed. Like, super duper rushed!

On the other hand, I liked the Revelation that Menou and Akari were both needed for their special abilities.
May 6, 2022 6:51 PM
Dec 2008
This was my favorite episode. I knew there would have to be a twist since their journey couldn't end so soon. The fact that it was to try and restore the archbishop's youth though did surprise me a bit.

Looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here.
May 9, 2022 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
This show could benefit from some rape. Can’t akari freeze time?
May 10, 2022 11:13 PM

Nov 2009
So... as expected, the Church are the real "evil" in here. They're the one that's Isekai'ing people. And if they don't have the power they want, they just kill them with the excuse of "saving the world" instead of actually finding a way to send them back home.

And also... what's the point of trialing the King if the King was acting based on what the Church actually wants?... the fuck? not only is the Church killing Isekai people they summoned, they're also killing their collaborators.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 11, 2022 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
@amlg Yes, church always always bad in isekai
May 18, 2022 11:21 PM

May 2020
Well never trust anyone from church, never ever. Also can't help but always notice, episodes are decent enough when they keep Akari's stupidity in check.
Jun 22, 2022 3:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah, I expected the ceremony to fail but didn't expect Orwell to actually be the villain here, she wanted to use Akari's power to gain immortality and be young again, now it's up to how they'll fight here seems everything seems to be well coordinated...
Jun 25, 2022 12:55 AM

Jul 2015
Who would've thought that the old hag of a archbishop would turn out to be evil. Got to say her rgb staff looks kinda tacky.

Jun 25, 2022 7:41 AM

Feb 2021
That Orwell is really sly as a snake.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 8, 2022 2:28 PM

Jan 2020
I was like, "What is wrong with their ice cream?" Then I realized it was probably like shaved or Italian ice.

+10 points to Akari for that yuri push, and -100 points to Menou for not accepting it -- that would've been the perfect time to abuse your time powers Akari. Keep re-rolling for that yuri ending. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, Orwell's scheme seems pretty random, but alright. Really, assuming Menou survives this ordeal, I'm not sure what she's going to do. Despite being betrayed she doesn't seem like she's given up on her role. Is she just going to wander around looking for a way to kill Akari? Or is she so naïve to think that by eliminating Orwell all the corruption in the Faust will magically fade away and she'll just continue on like she always has?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 4, 2022 2:08 AM

Apr 2015
That's a lot of asspulls already
Aug 27, 2022 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man, that old lady was acting sussy from the start I have never noticed it!
Sep 12, 2022 1:22 PM
Apr 2016
another twist. not really surprising but mildly enjoyable. continuously nice animation with a few competently livened sequences.
Sep 26, 2022 4:09 PM
Jan 2022
It was ok expecting betrayal
Oct 9, 2022 1:29 AM
Jan 2022
the turn this took was just brilliant, and the grandma graphics were great but what really made it for me were the rainbow pew pew, i just lost it there i couldnt stop laughing and it was in the middle of a very serious scene, just great
Dec 20, 2022 1:50 PM
Jun 2020
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
doxyvoxy said:
Nooo where is my bath scene 😭

unfortunately menou is as DENSE as a Neutron Star...

Not dense. She is just an emotionless bitch. Like she was actually going to buy that little nuisance momo a gift right in front of Akari while out shopping together. Even knowing she would be killing her the next day. Menu is a looker but I hate her thus far
Dec 20, 2022 2:12 PM
Jun 2020
Magesuit said:
I can not help but think the show would be better if it just dropped the main couple and the isekai angle and went with Momo and Ashuna as lesbian stalkers forced to work together to fight crime. Momo could be chasing after her church handler and Ashuna would be after her.

I like ashuna.. but for the love of God momo irritates in ways I didn't know were possible. Utter trash character.
Dec 23, 2022 12:46 AM

Feb 2017
Foreall908 said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

unfortunately menou is as DENSE as a Neutron Star...

Not dense. She is just an emotionless bitch. Like she was actually going to buy that little nuisance momo a gift right in front of Akari while out shopping together. Even knowing she would be killing her the next day. Menu is a looker but I hate her thus far

yea?

as its shown in episode 1, menou gets mentally bleached by white, she loses most of her emotions, she can still feel things later on but she's still emotionally dull compared to normal people
Oct 20, 2023 2:41 AM

Apr 2019
well well well, the villain of the villain is a villain innit. not something that was surprising at all. hope to get to see actual action now instead of ppl monologue a whole essay

Maybe watching, maybe reading, probably living
Dec 16, 2023 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Oh no, that Archbishop surely was something up to no good
Apr 5, 12:10 PM
Jun 2012
Did not expect not-Subaru to be getting turned into a zombie-planet of the ape's war crime material. Thats dark and fairly hardcore for such a light hearted story thus far.

Where did my happy anime of the "assassin priestess + boobalicous + novitiate in another world", go?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

330 by LycorAxis »»
Sep 23, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.