Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 21, 2021 6:36 PM

Jul 2015
It's just a mindless, fun comedy with a harem added to the mix. People think this is supposed to be some deep, epic story. WTF

Mar 22, 2021 8:24 AM
Nov 2017
Comedy with the best OST
Mar 22, 2021 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
It's a decently funny comedy anime. However, its comedy pales in comparison to the humor produced by the likes of Ex Arm.
Mar 22, 2021 9:38 AM
Nov 2019
I honestly don’t even understand how it has the score that it does. I realize it’s supposed to be comedy focused but it couldn’t even do that right. The “jokes” in the show were the most annoying part in my opinion. Honestly if they removed them I think the show would of been ok. I’m just glad this show is finally over, wish I dropped it back at week 1.
Mar 22, 2021 1:50 PM
Jan 2021
Fail_Man_X said:
Benji-sama said:
Bc it ain’t funny

This. If people can't realize your comedy series is a comedy series, you're not doing a very good job.

If people don't understand that comedy is very subjective, they aren't as intelligent as they think... I bet my life I could check your list of Anime and probably find something that you find amazing, but me and thousands more hate...
Mar 22, 2021 1:54 PM
Jan 2021
NoahC123 said:
It's funny seeing people trying to justify pathetic excuses by telling people "it's not to be taken seriously" because it's a parody. Like, shut up!
Like seriously people, #1, yes, we know it's a comedy, that's not the issue. The problem is HOW the comedy's being executed, there's a difference. While I can't speak for everyone, but while I'm someone willing to turn my brain off, I'm also not someone who's gonna tolerate being treated like a ******* idiot with low brow humor with the laziest writing. If I wanted to feel like an idiot, I'll just watch the Ghostbusters reboot or watch some of Adam Sandler's movies as a guilty pleasure.

#2, the people trying to justify some BS excuse with shows like this, Bofuri, Hamefura, Overcautous Hero, Milfsekai, and other shows similar to this with the exact same excuse telling people it's not that deep, or to stop watching if they don't like it, I'm sure have never looked at quality comedy or parody anime like Gintama, Lucky Star, Kaguya-sama, and YuruYuri (at least the first 2 seasons), just to name a few.
These are the same people that would look at Konosuba and find it overrated or stupid, not getting the hype or jokes without even giving it a chance, or would try to defend some generic OP protagonist like Lloyd by comparing him to Saitama, but not understanding WHY people love the world's strongest hero.

3, you might think this is hypercritical, and if that's so, that's fine. It doesn't change the fact we've seen dozens of parody and comedy anime done well, I give little leeway to shows like this that don't even try. Your excuse of saying "it'a a comedy/parody, don't take it so seriously" would hold a lot more weight if we didn't have as many shows like this using the one joke they have or didn't treat people like morons with lazy writing and mediocre comedy.

Hesmiyu said:
It is funny how several comments in this thread say they dropped it early yet are here seven weeks after that episodes aired. guess they have nothing better to do than troll.

IDK about "trolling" with some people, but you DO realize we're in a pandemic, right? What else is there to do BUT watch anime, sit on the couch and watch Netflix, or whatever you got going on?

You forgot 4) neither mine nor your opinion on anything makes it a fact, calling other people's opinions bs, is basically a troll move, slice it how you want...

I hate AoT, never went on a forum to slag it off, I just ignore it...
Mar 22, 2021 3:50 PM
Oct 2020
Zerockman said:
I see many people watching this anime and dropping it (and you can see that in the top reviews in MAL) and not realizing that this anime is supposed to be comedic. I think it was a mistake not to include comedy as a genre on this anime's page, because it's comedy first and everything else second.

You guys that like comedy anime, do you care about plot, character development and stuff like that in this specific genre, or do you just want to laugh like me?

This anime struck me as satire from the first grasshopper lol people reviewing are criticizing what are really jokes as if it was a drama
Mar 22, 2021 4:09 PM
Aug 2012
I enjoyed the first 3 episodes and some parts after, but it failed to be very funny most of the time. It ended up stupid instead of funny
Mar 22, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2018
true, the comedy is on point and it reminded of gintama and one punch man if mix together
. 8/10
Iroha_PixieMar 22, 2021 5:06 PM
Mar 22, 2021 5:36 PM

Jul 2012
The funniest thing about this show for me is marking it as watched on MAL, giving it a low score because I found the show to be increadibly bland with one-dimensional characters, then seeing this thread and realising that it was meant to be a comedy.

The fact that I didn't pick up on this show being a comedy in its entire runtime means the comedy was poorly written to the point that it landed so flat that I didn't pick up on any jokes besides what you would see in a normal poorly written fantasy show. But yet this is meant to be "comedy fantasy"? Konosuba is a semi-decent show but by far at least you can tell it's meant to be a comedy fantasy.

And it seems I'm not the only one who came to this realisation that it's meant to be a comedy fantasy well after they finished the show.

I'm just going to be honest...it's poorly written...come on guys...you know that's what it is...
Mar 22, 2021 6:51 PM
May 2011
2atr said:
Fail_Man_X said:

This. If people can't realize your comedy series is a comedy series, you're not doing a very good job.

If people don't understand that comedy is very subjective, they aren't as intelligent as they think... I bet my life I could check your list of Anime and probably find something that you find amazing, but me and thousands more hate...

Definitely, but I'm not the one who made a topic saying people are missing the point just because they disagree with my tastes.
Mar 22, 2021 8:37 PM

Jan 2011
Doesn't matter what the tags are, it was a terrible show.
Mar 23, 2021 12:26 AM

Sep 2018
It's not funny as a comedy or a parody. The MC and the Yandere were extremely unlikeable.
Apr 4, 2021 3:27 PM

Dec 2018
I'm just here for a good time. And this anime... kinda didn't deliver with its early One Piece level of humour. But if you like it, then do, I'm not your mom.
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Apr 5, 2021 7:34 AM
Aug 2018
The anime was funny and light and wasn’t supposed to be taken seriously as adventure anime:))
Apr 6, 2021 8:43 AM
Dec 2018
Rinrinka said:
_Jougo_ said:

I mean i would agree with u if more people said it was cringey,but with all the love the series got even in japan to warrant a second season and a movie i think its just u being overly bitter and claiming that its cringe ofc you dont need loads of people to hate a show for u to hate a show but if more people hated it then that would prove more so how bad it is which it isn't its just you and ur preference but like i said u should stay away from comedy in general cuz it ain't ur cup of tea

Not all comedy anime are cringey like Tatoeba and Konosuba, and if people like Konosuba and it got second season etc etc then oh well nothing to do with me, still cringey for me though.

Well as much as I want to stay away from any anime which reeks like those two, too bad there's no way to tell that before experiencing them firsthand, I don't want to feel cringe on purpose, I mean it.

Nah, you're just trying to be edgy. It is the absolute most popular thing to do on MAL. You take one of the most popular Anime in it's genre, essentially loved by anyone but the edgelords like yourself, and talk (a LOT) about how bad it and how so many other this are better but without giving a single reason or alternative suggestion. "It's cringey" is not a review, it's the garbage people say when they're incapable of forming well thought out rational arguments and have nothing legitimate to base their opinion on.

You're either a sealion or you don't understand what comedy is, how it works, the different types or the general basics of entertainment, the medium, genres, ratings, popularity, basic humor. But hey, you got to prove how special you are by being too good for something massively popular. Way to be special! Gold star! You are a unique snowflake.

Do you feel validated? Hope so since it will never happen in real life.
Apr 6, 2021 10:01 AM
Oct 2019
i didn't even realize this show didn't have the "comedy" tag. because it's making me laugh quite a bit through 5 episodes. it's more comedy than other any other genre, i think
Apr 6, 2021 2:19 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
DarkSaintOfGin said:
Rinrinka said:

Not all comedy anime are cringey like Tatoeba and Konosuba, and if people like Konosuba and it got second season etc etc then oh well nothing to do with me, still cringey for me though.

Well as much as I want to stay away from any anime which reeks like those two, too bad there's no way to tell that before experiencing them firsthand, I don't want to feel cringe on purpose, I mean it.

Nah, you're just trying to be edgy. It is the absolute most popular thing to do on MAL. You take one of the most popular Anime in it's genre, essentially loved by anyone but the edgelords like yourself, and talk (a LOT) about how bad it and how so many other this are better but without giving a single reason or alternative suggestion. "It's cringey" is not a review, it's the garbage people say when they're incapable of forming well thought out rational arguments and have nothing legitimate to base their opinion on.

You're either a sealion or you don't understand what comedy is, how it works, the different types or the general basics of entertainment, the medium, genres, ratings, popularity, basic humor. But hey, you got to prove how special you are by being too good for something massively popular. Way to be special! Gold star! You are a unique snowflake.

If I find Konosuba trash and cringey then its not edgy its my opinion, why would I force myself to like unfunny trash lol

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 6, 2021 3:34 PM
Oct 2019
Rinrinka said:
DarkSaintOfGin said:

If I find Konosuba trash and cringey then its not edgy its my opinion, why would I force myself to like unfunny trash lol

not to interrupt your lover's quarrel, but, i'm going to interject anyways

i don't get a konosuba vibe from this series AT ALL. konosuba is more sexual and lewd. i dropped season 2 of konosuba because it just wasn't entertaining to me. but i enjoy this show. and i'll admit it's rather simple humor, but it makes me laugh regardless

does this show have a shortened name, like DanMachi?
Apr 7, 2021 2:43 PM
Dec 2014
For me the jokes we're okayish, the only thing I didnt quite understand from the beginning was how Selen did like a 180 on her personality the moment her belt came off, way too thirsty. Also like another previous person said the overused gag that Llyoyd thinking he's weak as shit YET no one in the entire cast telling him otherwise.
Apr 8, 2021 7:10 AM
Sep 2020
Honestly, the whole anime was a bust for me. I enjoyed the Light novels so far, even with Lloyd's character increasingly becoming dry. It has the humor that mocks the isekai but a chunk of that was taken out of this series with an anime that left out a lot of other humorous parts. I get they got the main parts, but it feels like this anime was rushed heavily, especially noticing that after the first few episodes, it covered one volume.
These are the main cast characters so far:

The main use of our hero Lloyd, is to have a hero who is all friendly, and lacks confidence. I only finished Volume 5 of the LNs so I don't know if Lloyd ever grows... but there looks like a "plan" for it.

Elsewise, I feel like in the anime each character has a specific trope, and is basically milked even moreso than the LN for their character.

But out of everything, it's still alright.
Plinfa808Apr 8, 2021 7:13 AM
Apr 13, 2021 6:21 PM

Nov 2009
TBH, this series felt like a pepega version of "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka"

Where the MC also started out as airheaded and thinking they're the weakest out of everyone without realizing they're gathering a harem.

However, DanMachi's MC actually had some growth and he did start out quite newb and not godly powerful.

Whereas this series' MC starts out godly (even if weakest in the strongest village), he literally have next to no common sense throughout the entire series.

I know it's for comedy, but I think DanMachi did it better with a mix of Comedy and Action with some Drama in the back.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 19, 2021 8:22 AM
Dec 2018
KungSour said:
The funniest thing about this show for me is marking it as watched on MAL, giving it a low score because I found the show to be increadibly bland with one-dimensional characters, then seeing this thread and realising that it was meant to be a comedy.

The fact that I didn't pick up on this show being a comedy in its entire runtime means the comedy was poorly written to the point that it landed so flat that I didn't pick up on any jokes besides what you would see in a normal poorly written fantasy show. But yet this is meant to be "comedy fantasy"? Konosuba is a semi-decent show but by far at least you can tell it's meant to be a comedy fantasy.

And it seems I'm not the only one who came to this realisation that it's meant to be a comedy fantasy well after they finished the show.

I'm just going to be honest...it's poorly written...come on guys...you know that's what it is...

I don't even think this is a good series but it takes a special kind of stupid to not realize in the first 10 minutes of first episode this is comedy. Whether anyone likes it or not is irrelevant because is obvious. Blatantly, slap you in the face obvious.

I assume you're just lying to troll but if you actually had to come to MAL and see a comedy tag you're an absolute and complete moron who should honestly be checked for a learning disability, autism, or some other form of mental disability. I'm entirely serious. Not being able to recognize the obvious and process basic information are classic symptoms. That really goes for anyone.

Now you can tell me how wrong I am and how brilliant you are but we all know you're either a lair or an idiot.
May 19, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
DarkSaintOfGin said:
KungSour said:

I don't even think this is a good series but it takes a special kind of stupid to not realize in the first 10 minutes of first episode this is comedy. Whether anyone likes it or not is irrelevant because is obvious. Blatantly, slap you in the face obvious.

I assume you're just lying to troll but if you actually had to come to MAL and see a comedy tag you're an absolute and complete moron who should honestly be checked for a learning disability, autism, or some other form of mental disability. I'm entirely serious. Not being able to recognize the obvious and process basic information are classic symptoms. That really goes for anyone.

Now you can tell me how wrong I am and how brilliant you are but we all know you're either a lair or an idiot.

Lol what. The fact you got so pissed off from my obvious troll is quite funny. Yes, I am retarded. You got me. You are brilliant my man. You could be the next Sherlock Holmes with that level of deduction and wit. I wish you all the best you comedy genius 😘
Jun 1, 2021 1:59 PM
Oct 2019
amlg said:
TBH, this series felt like a pepega version of "Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka"

Where the MC also started out as airheaded and thinking they're the weakest out of everyone without realizing they're gathering a harem.

However, DanMachi's MC actually had some growth and he did start out quite newb and not godly powerful.

Whereas this series' MC starts out godly (even if weakest in the strongest village), he literally have next to no common sense throughout the entire series.

I know it's for comedy, but I think DanMachi did it better with a mix of Comedy and Action with some Drama in the back.

too bad seasons 2 and 3 of danmachi aren't as good as season 1

danmachi is more action/adventure/drama focused and last dungeon is lighter and more comedy focused. i don't recall danmachi being that funny

the only reason these two shows are even being compared is because they have dungeon in the name. last dungeon boonies is more like iruma-kun than danmachi, i think
Sep 12, 2021 4:37 AM

May 2009
Why mods didn't add COMEDY to genres tags?
Apr 18, 2022 2:33 AM
Oct 2020
HunterNXJ said:
Rinrinka said:
I dropped this as soon as I realized (on episode 1) that this is another stupid fantasy comedy which relies on unfunny jokes like Konosuba, it reeks the same too.

"another stupid fantasy comedy which relies on unfunny jokes like Konosuba"

Wow.

No wonder we have a pandemic going on. Divine punishment for heresy.
Yeah Thanos was right
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2021

77 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 17, 10:29 PM

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

8 by Pieromysl »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Jan 18, 2021

71 by Mcspegotie »»
Mar 9, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

145 by BrycedOut »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.