Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2020 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This mystery with the fax and other shenanigans just gets more and more strange with the weird liquid.

Minare is still doing her regular radio work although I find the story to be very loose even with the recurring themes.
May 15, 2020 12:12 PM

Apr 2016
So the dude lived all this time in psychological torment because Minare forgot meat and wine in her attic ? ... She truly is a calamity woman. You gonna need more than one tuna to get away with this, this time lol.
May 15, 2020 12:13 PM
Sep 2015
Almost predicted it right from previous episode thread
phantomfandom said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Minare fault again. Maybe she forget about meat she left in the sink before she move out. And the meat got rotten and the sink leak into Oki's room.
May 15, 2020 12:15 PM

Feb 2019
Man, listen, Minare is fine as [FUCK](https://imgur.com/a/qgyrNYd)

They threw me for a loop with the meat situation. Last week I was convinced it was rotten meat that was causing my guy to have hallucinations, then the onsen story came into play and I started thinking he may have killed her. Then we got told it was meat again lol. I’m surprised the police didn’t do a little more investigation before arresting him.

Another really really good episode. This show continues to impress me every week. Wish more people were on it, easily one of the shows of the season.
May 15, 2020 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
So it was the rotten meat after all, never would've guessed if not for someone pointing it out last week.

Another brilliant episode, that was one hell of a hilarious misunderstanding. Minare fucked up big time and not only once.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 15, 2020 12:26 PM

Nov 2011
While it was a good episode i think this was the worst episode of the series so far. The previous episodes made me laugh a lot and this one was just underwhelming. I am curious about what happened to Ritsuko.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 15, 2020 12:39 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice brain work to be honest but I get the point of this, not really funny or interesting.
May 15, 2020 12:39 PM
Mar 2015
What a disaster Rotten mutton almost ruins his life
May 15, 2020 1:19 PM

Jul 2017
wait I thought this was meant to be just a mediocre comedy, where's this dark shit coming from lol?

well at least it did turn out to be just a misunderstanding. But damn, that shit must've sucked for the neighbour, imagine having to live through that rotten stuff lmao.
May 15, 2020 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
This show often likes to go the dark and morbid, but still somehow safe, route. The aesthetic overall is pretty gritty, which has worked pretty well.

I agree with the other poster though, this episode was not as interesting, or as funny, as most of the others.
syncrogazerMay 15, 2020 2:49 PM
May 15, 2020 2:47 PM

May 2019
This anime never disappoints. I'm glad the eyeglass guy is clean but seriously what kind of fantasy is that lolololol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 15, 2020 3:04 PM
Jul 2013
And so, we are in the second half. Still not sure where all of this is going.
Imagine being one of the policemen showing up at the scene. Mind blown.
May 15, 2020 7:02 PM

Jan 2014
Minare what the actual fuck are you sometimes lmao.
May 15, 2020 7:08 PM

Sep 2017
Another great episode. I like how they kept us in suspense of whether it actually was a chopped up body up there, tho kinda obviously it ended up going the predictable, comedic route.
May 15, 2020 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
lol i knew this whole deal would end up being a dumb mishap caused by our loud mouthed lady mc...im still curious about the mysterious upstairs female neighbor and the missing girlfriend tho
dannymilkMay 15, 2020 7:23 PM
May 15, 2020 9:52 PM

Mar 2016
Minare successfully saved her ass from being being sued, everything was a mess and I loved it, the awkward looks between Minare and her former neighbor was gold, I was laughing at the whole explanation thing, although I have just one question: at the end, what happened to that guy's girlfriend/fiancé?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 15, 2020 10:56 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, it turned out to be Minare-san's fault and rotten mutton (I figured meat earlier but close enough) after all. No surprises there. Even trying to take the "innocent" route out of this, xD that was never going to work. Pretty sure the layout needs some working though.

Seriously though, the effort for the "first time" is at least commendable but just ludicrous at the same time. Aren't love hotels a concept for such scenarios?

Seems like this episode seemed to be a low for a few above but I, on the other hand, was laughing out loud the whole time. As such, another quality episode from my side.

el_morris said:
Although I have just one question: at the end, what happened to that guy's girlfriend/fiancé?

Next episode preview shared a shot of her so I'm guessing we'll be getting to the end of that next week. I don't see any point in dragging this out, for one.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 15, 2020 11:33 PM

Oct 2017
Lmao the conclusion of this case was even more ridiculous than I thought it would be. Couldn't stop laughing, this was hilarious.
May 16, 2020 12:59 AM

Dec 2018
Comedy was on point, but I am still dissapointed about the way the episode concluded. It all really felt like just set-up for a future story, without much in the way of pay-off at the time being that hadn't been already stablished with the neighbour.

Still, I can't wait for both next episode with the return of the previously hospitalized characters, as well as the eventual revelation that the slavic woman was, in fact, an honest to God russian spy just as Minare imagined!

Also, was it just me, or did the previous episode made it sound like it was the stundent girl living on top of the bloody room and not Minare? Maybe I just misread the floor plans or the whole salmon scene, come to think of it, but I guess this outcome would have been a lot easier to guess with that in mind.
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
May 16, 2020 1:10 AM

Jul 2017
Continuing on from last episode, Mr. Oki's house of horror shrieks doesn't faze Minare and Mizuho, and deep dives into the "horror" content.

A beautiful lady, and a conceivable memory that serves as "plot", both ladies try to scout his bluff, and therein...lies the remnants of a rotten, chopped human body in plastic bags. What an erroneous feeling...for Mr. Oki, as a murder case is settled in the books (or was it)?

What kind of murder case can be filled in as advertising material, if it's too small like their case to make publicity waves...out of rotten processed mutton. WHAT carelessness...to suspect a murderer, and having to save her own ass from all that trouble. Hilarious though!

It's the parcel of life to have misunderstandings and that's what Minare is. Great episode that brings a close to this mini chapter.
May 16, 2020 1:16 AM

Jan 2013
Man, what a waste of good meat.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
May 16, 2020 2:15 AM

Jul 2016
This one... kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, if I'm being honest. I'm not an expert on Japanese media, but I've heard about how exploitative it can be and, personally, I am not down with the idea of airing a man's psychological torment and potential murder case on a radio show for profit, even if he did fax you about it. Like, she called the police when she suspected a body and she had Nakahara waiting outside in case of an emergency, that's all good, but the whole setup to this story feels horrible to me and my... I dunno, my prissy, western sensibilities.

Also, it's kinda funny how, in one scene, Oki can go from a character I didn't really care about to my absolute favourite. That guy is way too nice for his own good and I can feel his anger in that last scene.

*sigh*... Anyway, I'm not dropping it. I've come this far and the next episode honestly looks like it's gonna be fun. I doubt if this show is gonna make any comment on exploitation in the media at any point, so if I'm gonna keep watching, it's something I'll just have to get used to I guess.
May 16, 2020 3:52 AM

Jun 2013
I knew it was rotting meat but who would've thought that it was rotting meat that Minare put underneath her floor and she completely forgot about it. It was her fault this poor guy was hallucinating and she wasted perfectly good mutton!

I feel sorry for Oki, his girlfriend probably wanted to break up with him and abandoned him at that place. I don't think she's dead. She's probably faking her death or used a fake name to get away from him.
臭い-
May 16, 2020 5:02 AM
Apr 2018
Hilarious episode! Thanks to that person from the previous thread who pointed out the meat her parents gave her. This only proves I ain't paying attention.
May 16, 2020 5:24 AM

Feb 2008
I knew it.

Minare's apologetic expressions were fabulous, though.

If only that were enough to redeem the calamity that she caused. Minare even tried to whitewash her actions on the air.

Please never change.
May 16, 2020 5:32 AM
𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Apr 2020
phantomfandom said:
Almost predicted it right from previous episode thread
phantomfandom said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Minare fault again. Maybe she forget about meat she left in the sink before she move out. And the meat got rotten and the sink leak into Oki's room.

Yup. Noticed that.
May 16, 2020 6:38 AM

Sep 2011
I kind of expected things to play out this way, but I was still surprised and interested to be honest. Shinji's story might not have been something special by itself, but the presentation, Minare's decision to call the police without much ceremony, her wild daydream about the woman being a Russian spy, it was all pretty cool. I wouldn't be able to deal with a swarm of flies and a putrid smell by the way, Minare sure is strong. lol I think her parents are to blame for this too, who in their right minds would buy 50kg of meat at once? I mean, it wasn't even like she was going to throw a barbecue for a lot of people or anything. lol Her second broadcast ended up being live too. I mean, I think it was, instead of being the recording of what transpired that night and I didn't expect this. I wonder if she is going to have to pay for the damage made to the building because of that meat though... And the "female college student" came up a few times again so I also wonder if she is going to show up.
May 16, 2020 7:11 AM

Mar 2019
So she forgot about 50kg of mutton meat she stored there a few months ago ? She's just dumb tbh
Poor neighboor xD
May 16, 2020 10:10 AM

Apr 2012
lmao it's getting crazier and crazier
May 16, 2020 10:48 AM

May 2018
Oh so all that cu'z Minare was just too damned careless about her Mutton stash that she forgot about.......she was just too damned close to both losing her two jobs and getting slapped with a law suit.....
May 16, 2020 11:44 AM

May 2015
It was obvious that there wasn't a human body in those bags, like seriously, what kind of a conclusion is that? I understand that the previous discussion led her fantasy to go wild but still. And how come she couldn't recall about the meat she hid under the floor in those exact bags?

Well, it was an alright episode, I guess. But maybe more about the radio programme next time would be better.
May 16, 2020 12:20 PM

Jan 2018
Well, it turns out it was quite ironic than I've expected. Mutton meat huh...

That was a sucker punch for Minare, as it is also it's on it first's official radio broadcast. Good thing the guy dropped the charges.
May 16, 2020 10:01 PM

Nov 2018
The fact that Minare was to blame for the black liquid in Mr. Oki's apartment was surprisingly unexpected for me. I laughed a little at that but I also feel really bad for him.

May 16, 2020 11:15 PM

Jul 2016
Guess Shinji isn't the "Love Hotel" kind of guy but jeez, he almost got himself killed by poisonous gases because of trying to be stupidly romantic xD

Absurdly funny episode. Of course it was Minare the responsable of Shinji's torment. Poor guy but now I'm kinda curious to know what happened to Ritsuko. Hopefully, it will be addressed next week.

Anyways, it seems next episode will give some focus to Tachibana's deal with her brother. Honestly, I'm not that interested in that matter but well.
May 17, 2020 3:36 AM

Nov 2011
Episode flew by. As expected it was Minare's fault. The stories and theories they make up in this show are so outlandishly interesting. I really wonder what happened to the girl?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 17, 2020 11:14 AM

Nov 2018
SouthRzVa said:
Guess Shinji isn't the "Love Hotel" kind of guy but jeez, he almost got himself killed by poisonous gases because of trying to be stupidly romantic xD

Absurdly funny episode. Of course it was Minare the responsable of Shinji's torment. Poor guy but now I'm kinda curious to know what happened to Ritsuko. Hopefully, it will be addressed next week.

Anyways, it seems next episode will give some focus to Tachibana's deal with her brother. Honestly, I'm not that interested in that matter but well.

I hope they focus on Ritsuko a bit too. God, I love this show so much.

May 17, 2020 5:06 PM

Oct 2008
bwahahah! this is so hilarious! it was all along Minare's fault! her own mess-up and harmlessly involved Shinji Oki and even the police recklessly arrested him!
luckily for Minare, Shinji dropped charges on her! lolz!
5/5.
matias067May 17, 2020 5:13 PM

May 17, 2020 11:31 PM

May 2015
I don't understand what was the point of that guy being there as a guest in the studio while Minare was on air if he didn’t say anything.
IshitatesoMay 18, 2020 10:23 PM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
May 18, 2020 11:13 PM

Nov 2018
Ishitateso said:
I don't understand what was the point of that guy being there as a guest in the studio while Minare was on air if he didn’t say anything.

Maybe that will be explained in the next episode! Who knows?

Only time will tell what new happenings await us in this... NEXT EPISODE OF THE ANIME!

May 20, 2020 12:53 PM
Mar 2020
well, i hope no one will be rude at me bc i’m really dumb sometimes i know but this shit is kind of confusing me. I mean, there’s so many stuff happening... it’s kind of appealing. well, we have the girl who’s sister from the abusive guy who ran over the boss of the restaurant, this guy with his weird case with the girlfriend he has, minare being jealous with nakahara but kind of... idk how to explain at this point. everything just sound SO messy to me. so many different stories and ... what’s the point of them? someone who already read the manga can explain me if theres a point about the girl who is abused by the brother, like this is going to be important to storie or only... exists? idk so many stuff happening but they kind of don’t move, it’s getting messy for me, if someone can share me ur feelings about this show, or try to change my mind..
May 23, 2020 2:34 PM

Mar 2009
Minare is an absolute disaster.
May 24, 2020 11:25 AM
Oct 2019
I really like this anime and in this episode in particolar I confirmed that I have quite a lot in common with Minare, poor woman...

Also, Uchiyama-san is one my favourite voice actors and did a great performance as always, I'm in love with his voice ❤️

Let's see what happens in the next episode
Jun 1, 2020 3:11 PM

Feb 2017
Damn Minare ruining everything. At least she didn't get sued lol.
i hope we get more of the mysterious disappearance of Shinji's girlfriend. I want it to get resolved
Aug 7, 2020 6:23 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao. I should've known the real cases just ended like there! Yeah, its really funny with Minare reaction and how she just conclude the incident with her wild imagination. Its just like, i am smirk in the middle of my lonely night!

The second wave of her show just released with some clarification and helped that creepy sensei found out her girlfriend. Atleast they had a better relations after whatever shit happened before!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
Really went from weird occult/murder mystery to Minare negligence and causing a lot more trouble to the neighbour. Feeling bad for Oki, not only he doesn't know where the love of his life went but also dealing with Minare's weird antics (her being drunk, police being called on him and the psychological trauma from the rotten meat juice) even when she doesn't live there anymore.

Aug 27, 2021 12:21 AM

Dec 2020
ah.... so it Was her after all.

this neighbor guy is way too nice what the fuck😭 carried her to hwr room after invading His home multiple times, never reported that, and when she accused him of invading her home he also didn't make her do anything because of it, this time he got arrested bc she accused him of killing his girlfriend and also lets her off of it. minare fucked up Big time here she fr basically ruined a guys life because of her forgetfulness
Aug 4, 2022 11:28 AM

Jun 2020
LOL not oki sitting right opposite minare and then having to hear her say it’s 50/50 her fault LMFAO

this is so deadpan funny at times it hurts, I was like ????? the entire time oki was talking about what happened back then man is this guy for reals LOOOOOOL

I would love to have a friend like minare, seems like all the crazy & dumb shit happens so often to her, never a dull moment

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 12, 2023 1:08 AM

Nov 2022
She didn't check the contents first, but lol its all her fault.
Feb 7, 10:10 AM
Feb 2022
In the end everything was Mirane's fault. I like what she said in the end about the show being for people that makes mistakes what want to change.

Spanish translation:
Al final todo fue culpa de Mirane. Me gusta lo que dijo al final acerca de que el programa es para personas que cometen errores y quieren cambiar.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

131 by michidicchy »»
Oct 14, 11:38 PM

» How I should Read the Manga After the Anime?

LucasChristyan - Jun 20, 2020

4 by SakurakoMikage »»
Aug 7, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

41 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.