Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2019 3:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Seth's willingness to protect the lands made some curious impressions.

The entity Dullahan made me wonder what other powerful character exist that we haven't met in the show yet.
Oct 23, 2019 7:20 AM
Sep 2015
That draccoon is too happy
Also as expected from French author, they really make royalty oppress people
Oct 23, 2019 8:44 AM

Aug 2012
Leprechaun not Luprochan
Also probably the queen and the two knights are probably behind the Nemesis and Dullahan as a way to maintain her power. Boudicca a name perfect for an evil queen
computerwizard said:
I'm thinking the Grimm has some tie to the queen. That T pose though

I am thinking he and the female knight he wanted the memories of were a couple and she was killed by the queen for knowing too much
nightcrawlercypOct 23, 2019 8:48 AM
Oct 23, 2019 9:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty meh episode, first part was boring
Oct 23, 2019 10:25 AM
Mar 2018
I am more interested in precap then rest of the episode. I mean he will met melie but she will disregard him because he is will chocolate girl now kinda thing.
Oct 23, 2019 10:43 AM

Jun 2019
4 episode in and the art is already bullcrap wtf ?
I seriously hope lerche drop the serie to let another studio take care of it or just let it be a manga till the end because they seriously doesn't give a shit about it, I mean look at Assassination classroom then Look at Radiant... This can't be the same studio Holly hell.
Things just don't hit me like they did when I was reading the manga, I'm afraid.

Episode it's self was okay, the queen finally made her apparence, Seth's talk with Grimm was nice. That ''Dullahan'' person is sure interesting, looking forward to the next episode with Doc and Melie yay.
Oct 23, 2019 12:47 PM

Oct 2015
This season is all over the place like Seth's friendship with Melie and Doc right now. I'm now getting any great from it.

The only thing that had me curious is Grimm's past, it's mysterious and has some intriguing factors around it. Every time Seth starts to poke more, he just disappears.

The Queen is one entitled piece of work.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 23, 2019 4:48 PM

Jul 2017
Hmm...the Spectral Nemesis fight only goes to show that Seth is more than capable on his own. Another creature, the Dullahan, only goes to show that more trouble will arise in the future.

And the Queen...
phantomfandom said:

Also as expected from French author, they really make royalty oppress people

Yup, like-minded people in a sea of royalty and feet-kissing to save face.

The comedy in this episode is the usual hit-and-miss fare though.

But seeing Grimm acting as a scarecrow sure is adapting to his surroundings, given his appearance. But his mystery is deepening, and I really want to know what's going on with him.

Most of this episode is just dragging the time between major happenings of the future, so hopefully it won't be a slow burn like this.
Oct 23, 2019 8:33 PM

Aug 2018
Nice episode and French sure know how to wite anime/manga
Oct 23, 2019 10:55 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
This autocratic city seems to focus on team play rather than individual strength, contrasting with the capitalist Artemis. Seems to stem from Merlin who they treat with mythic reverence. That Queen is definitely low-key twisted. She says sweet things and has a playful personality but then insists people key their heads bowed and offers no real answers. There's so many sketchy people in this place: the Queen, those two top rookies, Grimm, etc.

Speaking of Grimm, he's really having a more prominent role on this arc than I expected. There's so much mystery to him. I wonder why he's so kind hearted and refuses to share any details. Seth is actually using his head for once and starting to put together some pieces

On that note, Seth's big picture focus on protecting the farm was great to see. He's really growing as a character. Not to mention his inability to use magic with his left arm is great to see too. It's nice to see last consequences. As a whole big improvement to this protag.

The best part of this episode imo is all the mysteries it lays out for us. For example, who that foreigner was that the farmer met? Also what was that war the last king end about and what happened to him? Who is this woman that owns the memory stone Grimm wants? Finally, what is this Dullahan we saw at the end? So glad this season continues to go strong. Based on the preview, I'm gonna be real sad next episode.
Oct 23, 2019 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
Does anyone feel like Grimm is just using Seth for his own personal benefit?
Or there's a whole lot deep twist inside of it? lolz
4/5.

Oct 24, 2019 4:39 AM

Oct 2017
Kinda curious about this Magosia person Grimm mentioned, I wonder how they were related.
Oct 24, 2019 6:41 AM
Jan 2018
Every episode Lerche disgrace the source of this show even worse. They've failed in every aspect of this show from casting the voices to direction and overall animation quality. Even down to character designs and names they've messed up. They removed the Queen's hand tattoos and her piercings through their "appropriation" to make it sell. I was originally excited to see them faithfully adapt an arc from Radiant. but if they're going to do it like this what's even the point? It's so lifeless and feels like a cash grab at it's worst. They've failed at grasping the passion and magic Valente put into the series. Probably one of the worst adaptations I've seen in a very long time.
Oct 24, 2019 11:42 AM
Mar 2015
Oucho and Seth save the farmers Grimm is outstanding in his field
Oct 24, 2019 6:25 PM
Jan 2019
Queen Boudica is wonderful, I love her voice. I thought Ocoho would be punished, but luckily it was the opposite. I was surprised that Seth kept his mouth shut for all that time, hahaha. I don't know why, most likely I am wrong, but something tells me that Grimm is the queen's husband. Anyway, he is a very mysterious guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a famous and important guy in Caislen Merlin.
Nov 1, 2019 10:15 PM
Jan 2018
Seth vai causar comoção quando verem que ele consegue reunir fantasia nas mãos por natureza. Isso não é algo que alguém consegue fazer com tanta facilidade.
Nov 10, 2019 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
Seth's idea what allowed them to stop that Spectral Nemesis, although he couldn't have done it without Okoho's help.

Let's hope that Seth can convince Melie to speak to him.

Sep 3, 2020 3:06 PM

Jul 2015
Just gotta love how Seth and the whole Knight order was fighting this spectral Nemesis while Grimm just pretending to be a scarecrow in the field. Curious to see who Grimm exactly is and what his goals are. Kinda expected Sethto cause some trouble (like your usual shounen mc) while the Queen (with her naughty voice) was holding her speech but surprised he just kept still.

Sep 27, 2020 12:17 PM

Aug 2017
Comedy felt annoying in this episode. Fortunately, I liked the rest like Grimm being mysterious,Queen Boudica debut and we know that this city doesn't like individual strength lol. This anime is full of weirdos :D

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 19, 2021 10:11 PM

Dec 2012
Ara Ara...
Queen is evil?

Mar 26, 2021 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
its not real Nemesis but artificial Nemesis even Seth asked interesting question and i think he has same or similar idea as me u can't beat the Nemesis as easily like absorb all the fantasia and it vanishes

it wouldn't surprise me if its all a play/show to keep ppl in fear and dependent on the knights

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

53 by Ali_030 »»
Jul 2, 11:58 AM

» s3 updates?

Kimo45 - May 25, 2023

4 by GerenteYato »»
Nov 5, 2023 8:52 PM

» Radiant Season 3?

Slayer9568 - Mar 7, 2020

17 by DangerMouseDM »»
Nov 4, 2022 7:50 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2020

19 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 25, 2022 5:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2020

20 by Attackonfiller »»
Apr 21, 2022 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.