Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 14, 2015 4:57 AM

Aug 2014
Quite a nice ending and the rivalry between Shana and Yoshida was rather good and enjoyable to watch, especially with Shana acting kind towards her. Hecata showing emotions was unexpected, but atleast it goes to show Konoe Fumina wasn't just a device for gaining power, rather beautifully done :')

9/10, it's even better than 1st season imo.
Nov 14, 2015 1:29 PM

Feb 2013
Decent ending to season 2. If we truly have stopped and went away from the (sorta) episodic, denizen fighting. then yeah i think this season was a little better than the first season.

Had to replay the last scenes a bit to see what this crying Yoshida thing was (didn't notice it for the first 3 replays). Even though they (somehow) copped out the Confession last season i'm waiting to see if they somehow cop out again. hoping they don't but at this point it should be certain that those two should become some form of a couple. (then again i said that last season but then they did the whole "oh i didn't hear you")
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Feb 12, 2016 7:14 AM

Jul 2015
The last scene of the ending: WTF??!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 21, 2017 4:37 PM
Aug 2014
Bal Masque's plan turned out to be rather stupid and was defeated way to easily.
Jun 9, 2017 3:06 PM

Nov 2016
Well that was really a good season, I even liked this one more than the first, but I still prefered the final of the first one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 7, 2018 2:07 PM

Oct 2012
Meh ending... Ultimately, they didn't have the balls to change anything, to add any new character dynamic.

Bal Masque just retreated, the battle with the construct was over so easily and the love triangle between Yoshida, Yuuji and Shana was hardly resolved satisfactory. Shana wasn't able to tell him she loves him and he never told her too. Not only that but they even let Yoshida step back on with that cross, meaning Pheles giving it to her and all subsequent scenes had no meaning at all. The moment she weirdly stopped, hesitating instead giving him a hug too when she saw him again was also bad. Shana won by default but confession was left out and still, it hasn't changed anything in the grand scheme.

Whole this season moved things nowhere overall story-wise, sure there were some nice battles and slice of life momement, we learnt a thing or two but regarding tomogara plot the only thing that's different is Yuuji who now can fight and Hecate who became more human.

I'm not saying that slice-of-life in the first third of season didn't set the scene right or that there weren't any thrilling, touching a intense moment but in the end to conclusion of this season was really lacking, meh.

6/10 Great slice of life and intense action but good 24-ep long build-up was sadly flushed into drain in the end.
Jun 12, 2019 5:01 AM

Aug 2018
And thus wraps Shauna II.
Aug 4, 2019 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
And with that concludes season 2. Awwww, sorry Kazumi! I liked the ED song in this one! &++ Shana cheesing mad hard in the end lol
Jan 11, 2020 11:17 PM

Aug 2017
7/10 overall, nice ending with the right girl winner. Now she has to find out about making the kids.

Oct 27, 2020 1:24 PM

Jun 2017
So the silver retained the memories of Konoe and hesitated, giving Shana the opportunity to sever Reiji Maigo from the Tomogara. There were still a lot questions unanswered and the episode kind of ended abruptly. But I think Yuji went to Shana and ended the love triangle. Or it may just be a tease for 3rd season.

This was overall better than the first season. Even the non action bits in the first half were great. Kazumi grew as a character and I liked her more in this season than in the first season. These last two episodes felt like they were rushed a lot however. 8/10 for this season for now.
Feb 15, 2022 4:46 PM

Nov 2010
Hmm, it seems like emotions acted as a double edged sword for Hecate and Ball Masque. They needed it for their plans, but at the same time, it made Hecate remember the good times, and it made her hesitate long enough for Shana to counterattack. So, Silver was under their control? I wonder how they were able to do that to such a powerful denizen.

Too bad still no kissing scene and still no confession from Shana. Looking forward to it in S3. 8/10
Nov 23, 2022 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
Rewatching Season 2 made me confirm that I really like it. While I agree with the sentiment that the first half was slow, it tremendously developped Shana and Kazumi; without that, they wouldn't have felt as solid characters. Keisaku and Eita also developped in their own ways, which I appreciate a lot. Action-wise, everything with Pheles and, especially, Sabrac was a delight and even the mini-arc with Mare at the beginning was fun.

Reading the forum comments makes me realize how easy it is to miss the disappearing footsteps in the snow at the end. Without pre-existing knowledge of Season 3, you wouldn't even give that scene much thought, and even less likely to tie it to... you know what.

I'd like to comment on something different, as well.
As was said by a few, Seasons 1 and 2 of Shana have had anime-original content: the entire last arc of S1, the last arc of S2, and Konoe Fumina as a character are all unique to the anime. While those 3 aspects aren't the best written and feel lacking compared to the adapted content, I actually like that the anime managed to pretty competently connect those 3 anime-only things together. As in, both the original events of S1's finale (Bal Masque unleashing lots of Power of Existence onto Misaki City) and everything about Konoe Fumina (collecting emotions and memories for Hecate) are being used for the purpose of Bal Masque's great plan of creating a new Tomogara on Earth: they set up everything necessary to turn an impossibility into a reality.
Instead of other anime whose anime-only content is one-and-done, Shana's are linked together. The anime-only S2 climax uses the anime-only S1 climax and anime-only Konoe to its advantage, and creates a coherent original plotline. I doubt many anime have been able to do that. Sure, I'd have preferred all of S2 to be LN-adapted content instead, like most people, but if you're gonna have anime-original things regardless, making them connected is a smart move.
May 17, 5:33 AM

Aug 2018
idc if the episode was rushed
yoshida was such a headache i hate her so much
seeing her dreaded face made me happy!!!
May 29, 4:01 PM
Dec 2013
Can't believe it took me 9 years to watch the second season of Shakugan no Shana (started it back in May 2015). In contrast, the first season only took me 7 months to watch. I remember the first half of this second season being so fucking boring. Got better at the halfway point though. On to the Shakugan no Shana S OVA, then finally the third season. And this also just happens to be the third anime I finished this month which took me at least 9 years to watch it all, the other two being Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Cardcaptor Sakura (haven't started Clear Card-hen yet). I honestly didn't plan this. All a coincidence.
wildhoodMay 29, 4:06 PM
Jul 22, 5:41 PM
Jan 2018
I'm glad I took the time to read some of the posted comments. If this finale was anime only, that explains a lot of things. Carmel being Nerfed again. The feeling that we already had a proper finale but somehow this fight is supposed to match the past fight. Most importantly, the official filler rules that nothing can ever permanently change cuz the status quo has to be maintained for the actual story.

I think if the anime ended 3 episodes ago, I would have given it a 9. But this fight was pretty predictable. The animators they had for this episode definitely did their thing tho, cuz the animation was top notch. Also, as a whole this was a very solid season that was ultimately more consistent than the first season. If I could give this season an 8.5 on MAL, I probably would. But this season didn't reach the level of a 9 for me, so this season gets an 8 out 10 just like season 1.

Kow Otani actually had his OST used properly this time. s1 had epic music, but used the same tracks far too often. This season spiced it up just the right amount, with familiar music mixed in with some new bangers. This seasons OST felt more like Gundam Wing than Digimon Ghost Game.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jan 21, 2008

71 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 16, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

_MiV_ - Jan 13, 2008

99 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Dec 23, 2007

90 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

8GaugeBrett - Feb 29, 2008

79 by MFDOOMED »»
Jul 22, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Dec 17, 2007

60 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 9, 2:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.