Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode had a strange start with Angelica and a being who apparently copied her personality.

Regardless, the show still has that experimental feel in regards to its storytelling. Honestly, the episode felt confusing to me with the identity crisis until the revelation from Donna. I'm not even surprised at how experiments can go wrong in the show. There's been a lot of mishaps in this anime and this episode showcases more of that. Goes to show that science always seems to have consequences.

Two more episodes left. I feel like they're going to rush this to the end. This episode is pretty much more of an info dump about the Automata technology, Trout Theory, etc.
Stark700Nov 7, 2018 7:39 AM
Nov 7, 2018 8:27 AM

Jan 2018
I was pretty sure that Donna was a failed project didn't need a full episode to understand that they should have added more content to progress the story

I don't have any hope for a well executed ending I am getting a feeling the next episode is going to be the same pace as this one and everything crammed into the last episode
Nov 7, 2018 10:20 AM

Aug 2017
Oh, now, we know Donna's origin.

Also, Angelica/Donna has gone mad and killed Trump Andrei.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 7, 2018 11:07 AM

May 2018
Oh so that's Donna backstory, man, I can't believe that the lady Angelica Klein, was very much a psychotic, no wonder Donna caught on with it....so can we now say that Donald Trump is now dead???????
Nov 7, 2018 3:18 PM

Jun 2014
Now we know about Donna, and she's killed Donald Trump.

Will Derrida be able to stop her in their next encounter?

Nov 7, 2018 3:52 PM

Feb 2016
Great, we received a whole episode to tell the background of a character we don't even care about... lmao

Btw, this was my reaction after seeing Donna's Backstory:

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 7, 2018 3:54 PM

Feb 2016
Arugustor said:
I was pretty sure that Donna was a failed project didn't need a full episode to understand that they should have added more content to progress the story

I don't have any hope for a well executed ending I am getting a feeling the next episode is going to be the same pace as this one and everything crammed into the last episode

Lets not forget that Mage hasn't appeared PROPERLY on the whole damn show. I bet that this will end on a cheesy way when they finally find her lol
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 7, 2018 4:33 PM

Jan 2018
HereticHunter said:
Arugustor said:

Lets not forget that Mage hasn't appeared PROPERLY on the whole damn show. I bet that this will end on a cheesy way when they finally find her lol

It would be like Mage has perfected the theory and is in a place between dimensions and has left direction for Derida to get there when they see each other they will change the whole future
The end
Or something like this now this is a total guess
Nov 7, 2018 8:34 PM

Sep 2017
I guess I don't really have any complaints about this episode except having half the ep be a backstory when there's still so much to resolve. The actual backstory of Donna was pretty interesting tho. I'm guessing this can't be an animation error given how long it was on screen, but in the recording of the 17th experiment day the dz didn't look like Angelica at all. It was just a normal ass robot, soooo does that mean Angelica was just losing her mind this entire time? Idk I thought the dz was Donna, but I'm not sure which of the two she actually is at this point.
Nov 8, 2018 12:19 AM

May 2018
finally something interesting.
these previous 9 episodes serves nothing until this point.
Nov 8, 2018 6:28 AM

May 2017
Well that was interesting, that should've just been the plot of this show coz that's definitely better than the entirety of the shows story, Donna and Angelica's story is already better than fucking Derrida's lol heck even Vidaux and Mayuka's story is better than the boring Derrida and Mage smfh

Also can't believe it took me 10 episodes to realize that Andrei is designed to be Trump lol that's fucking savage
LairucremNov 8, 2018 6:32 AM
Nov 11, 2018 7:53 PM
Mar 2011
A whole episode dedicated to donna. What is the anime doing...
Jan 2, 2019 7:04 PM

Mar 2010
Creepy Episode with Donna and Angelica.
Mar 26, 2019 5:20 PM

May 2012
Quite the story about Angelica/Donna... really impressive, but now that she killed that big shot I do wonder what they'll do when they'll find out. That ending certainly was quite interesting! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Sep 18, 2020 11:32 AM

May 2013
All of a sudden I'm watching Ex Machina.
Mar 24, 5:47 PM

Aug 2017
We finally got Donna/Angelica backstory, the automata was really irritating, no wonder angelica lost it,
2 more episodes left, I hope we get at least an acceptable ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2018

18 by Sealjani »»
Sep 22, 11:22 AM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2018

27 by captainkunnka »»
Aug 24, 4:24 AM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2018

57 by Dekom »»
Mar 25, 6:07 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 21, 6:29 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

18 by Dekom »»
Mar 20, 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.