Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2018 12:16 AM

May 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
She finally, finalyyyyyylarh~~
Sep 30, 2018 4:27 AM
Sep 2018
What did oono said at the end? The eng version won't be out till a looonng time
Oct 1, 2018 4:28 PM

Mar 2016
Junniesan said:
What did oono said at the end? The eng version won't be out till a looonng time

She doesn’t actually say anything, but her expression “says” it all really.
Oct 4, 2018 8:04 AM
Oct 2018
Did Oono end up with Haruo in the end or did she leave in the plane?
Oct 22, 2018 2:41 AM

May 2016
I looked through the raws, but I need to read the dialogue in English to give it context. I really hope she didn't leave him again, forever. That would make my heart hurt. :(
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Nov 26, 2018 4:08 AM
Nov 2016
Anyone knows what he was saying at the end? Someone tells me please
Jan 2, 2019 10:16 PM

May 2013
she wasnt with him in the final panel, he was watching a plane

anyone who knows japanese can explain what happened in the final? at least looks like the two of them ended 2gether
Jan 3, 2019 11:43 AM

Nov 2013
I've just read (or it would be better to say i've looked at it since i can't read Japanese lol) the raws and it seems like Oono DID leave in the end as everyone in the last panel are watching her plane departing...

It can be said without question that the two love each other, and might have made a promise to one day be together (i hope that's what they were talking about in the end) it still pains me to think about how things might work out in the future! (if it were real world)

Oono isn't just some random girl, she has "important" parents who influence pretty much everything she does. They might as well decide who she's going to marry (by the way that was already mentioned by Oono's house mentor/teacher in ch.24 as i re-read it again, when she explains it's Oono's parent's will that the girl studies well and gets married to a predetermined partner after entering university). No way on earth would they allow their precious, smart, cute daughter to marry some poor, neet, "ugly" dude who's just playing video games! (They do this for political reasons most likely...as all the rich people usually do)

Though I...would still hope that even if things go that far - Oono could and might just severe her connections with her abusive parents and move/live with MC. After all, she can manage herself independently (financially speaking she would be more than capable to support the family...she's smart after all) and be with the person she loves... (sadly, Oono will have harder time reuniting with MC)

Still, i'd say it was a happy ending, even though THE END is not delivered to us with 100% certainty the story is a romantic comedy.... Oono will graduate from college, return back to Japan again and be with MC eventually...
Sigmar-UnberogenJan 3, 2019 2:57 PM
Jan 7, 2019 5:03 AM

Nov 2013
tywhoppity said:
I looked through the raws, but I need to read the dialogue in English to give it context. I really hope she didn't leave him again, forever. That would make my heart hurt. :(

I found a website where some guy translated the last dialogue in Spanish. I used google translate to translate Spanish in English and this is how it turns out:

OK, Haruo's last dialogue embracing Ono.

- You win and you leave. I can not let you go. Stay! I just do not want to let you go. The competition continues, I have not finished ... with you! . Why finish it? I do not want it to end!. I will not escape this. You go abroad ... I can not let you go to another country. I'll get a passport and I'll go see you. Oh, do not cry, it's my turn to cry now. You ... I like you so much, so much that I can not contain myself, as much as you can not imagine! . Even if I lose in the future, and continue to lose with you, I can accept that, but I will continue to challenge you always. I will compete against others, always for you Ohno, even when you are my girlfriend, until I manage to beat you, because I will definitely do it. Do you accept it?

-Guile: This is not the end, you have only passed one stage. We will always fight for a better ending, you will do the same

So, In the end the two part ways but MC makes it clear that he will keep fighting and pursuing Oono no matter how many times she beats him in games or how many times fate beats both of them and separates them.

I would love to see a definitive happy ending, but that still sounds like a strong ending and I'm certain the two will never give up on being together!
Jan 8, 2019 9:06 AM

May 2016
Thanks for posting this; I'm hoping to see if the English translation will be similar, but it does sound encouraging!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jan 8, 2019 9:02 PM
Jan 2019
I have done my own due diligeance on the raw non-translated files and I also managed to find a way to translate the text as accurate as possible for now, and not through a Spanish translation of someone who admitted he's not fluent in Japanese, and then re-translating the Spanish text into English.

I suggest you try Google Translate on your cell right now, and with the camera option, aim for each dialogue, while making sure the small textboxes ARE ALIGNED CORRECTLY.

And just like that, I can confirm 80% of what the Spanish guy said to be accurate.

Here is my version :

- Arriving at the airport, Oono's sister confronts MC and says Oono is already gone.
- The butler then says the airplane had to do a U-turn and come back down due to turbulence and problem with equipment or some sort
- Oono and MC run to each other

*hugs*

"The game is not over yet, I will keep losing, but I cannot afford to end the fight between you and me, I will continue to challenge you for a whole lifetime !"
"I cannot let you go. I will not let you go overseas, I will not let you run away, I will take my passport and go see you !"
"It is my turn to cry at the airport!"
"I .... want to marry you / I ... want you to be my bride" "I will absolutely pick you" "Do you accept it ?" *hands her back the ring*

-- oh I wish Oono said I will, or just say something at this moment, oh well. At least she obviously agreed. --

*Family and MC watches Oono fly away*

Guile : "This is not over yet. You are just at stage one. You are going for the best ending, and we will fight the same fight with you. This fight will be your new force."

Small text from the author :
Thank you so much for reading ! Thank you very much for all who loved reading. For all who loved this, the long-awaited final volume 10 will be released on March 25, 2019 !
-- From my understanding, the hard book copy will be available at that date, and the author did not say anything about an epilogue --

*black text bottom left* The end or Conclusion

I hope this clear things up, and I CAN'T WAIT for this to be animated. I also love the way this ended - a bittersweet open ending like this should be cherished for what it really is, a nostalgic rom-com featuring great characters and great development with many very well executed timeskips to make it easy to follow, and to cut to the chase. Nothing dragged out for too long.
ValcyclovirJan 9, 2019 6:56 AM
Jan 17, 2019 11:35 AM
Jan 2016
Do you have the link to the original post? I'm spanish and I wanna see the spanish dialogue
May 1, 2019 2:01 PM

Jan 2019
AzorAhai said:
tywhoppity said:

I found a website where some guy translated the last dialogue in Spanish. I used google translate to translate Spanish in English and this is how it turns out:

- You win and you leave. I can not let you go. Stay! I just do not want to let you go. The competition continues, I have not finished ... with you! . Why finish it? I do not want it to end!. I will not escape this. You go abroad ... I can not let you go to another country. I'll get a passport and I'll go see you. Oh, do not cry, it's my turn to cry now. You ... I like you so much, so much that I can not contain myself, as much as you can not imagine! . Even if I lose in the future, and continue to lose with you, I can accept that, but I will continue to challenge you always. I will compete against others, always for you Ohno, even when you are my girlfriend, until I manage to beat you, because I will definitely do it. Do you accept it?

-Guile: This is not the end, you have only passed one stage. We will always fight for a better ending, you will do the same

So, In the end the two part ways but MC makes it clear that he will keep fighting and pursuing Oono no matter how many times she beats him in games or how many times fate beats both of them and separates them.

I would love to see a definitive happy ending, but that still sounds like a strong ending and I'm certain the two will never give up on being together!

tears just drop. i like the strong ending rather sad ending tho (see both of them just seperate and just lost againts the fate)
Jun 7, 2019 3:07 PM

Mar 2010
BasshunterDOTA said:
AzorAhai said:

tears just drop. i like the strong ending rather sad ending tho (see both of them just seperate and just lost againts the fate)

Oh what's up with that.
Leaving it quite open - i guess it gives the author a chance to continue the story one day, but otherwise i am slightly disappointed as well. I wish she could have stayed and change her parents opinion. It really is the ending..?!

Oh well. May Oono (and this series) come back one day!
Jul 5, 2019 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
AzorAhai said:
tywhoppity said:

i swear if they don't end up together and anime goes same route i del it from my list and pretend i never so this

this reminds me mc's and heroines families in Ai Yori Aoshi, in past they were engaged but he ran away from abuse grandfather and was no longer wealthy like they the engagement was off, well he first even didn't remember her when she tracked him down after meany years

heroines father said if u don't work urself up to a certain lvl the engagement is off, but mean time its a secret, this ultimatum raged me so hard i can't watch it second time despite being good series, i hope they are not pair of betas like this 2 in Ai Yori Aoshi and if needed run away if needed or if they get 18 by the time it no longer matters cause parents can't really stop them
Dec 2, 2019 12:30 PM

Nov 2011
One of the most emotional chapters I've read recently.

Thank goodness they reunited again in time. All this buildup from the past few chapters to this was worth it.
Dec 2, 2019 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
There was so much emotion in this chapter. I thought they wouldn't meet each other in the end for a little bit. I am glad they got to see each other and he was able to confess his feelings. It makes me hopeful for their future.
:)
Dec 2, 2019 2:02 PM
Mar 2015
Great race to the airport with the figures from the games encouraging and finally his fighter forcing her to turn back he proposes and offers her the ring until he can obtain another one
Dec 2, 2019 7:39 PM

Mar 2015
would love to see more dialogue. not really liking this one tbh, the game part is the best thing about it, but shrugged for romance.

7/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 3, 2019 3:33 AM

Nov 2013
So the English version finally came out! It was good...
Feb 9, 2020 3:32 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, that was a bittersweet ending, and it was shockingly appropriate for how the story has unfolded. After watching over them all this time, it really manages to hit the right notes. I'll miss this series, I never thought it would be so emotional when I first picked it up, but it worked. There's still the spinoff, so I hope to get more of that goodness from it.
Oct 6, 2020 11:56 PM

Jul 2017
That was quite the spectacle for the ending. I liked this manga more than I expected despite the issues, and glad the ending was a damn nice one with Oono and Yaguchi (I knew that from the anime but for some reason, felt that more here)
Oct 30, 2020 6:05 AM

Oct 2010
glorious ending just like in the anime, very sudden and abrupt there with haruo looking at the plane, anyways, they'll see each other in the future. A great manga
9/10
Mar 18, 2021 9:17 AM

May 2020
This was alright. I'm a little too young to understand most of the references and not being a video game fan, most of it went over my head.

The romance was just pretty generic. Harou is just a typical dense protagonist for about 80% of the series and Akira is just another semi-tsundere moe blob.

6/10.
Jul 28, 2022 11:03 AM
May 2015
Ah. Looks like no one has posted in quite some time. I binged this manga for three days. Loved the hardcore 90s arcade game references, but disliked the generic romance tropes present in all sol romantic comedies. That aside, I wanted so badly for them to end up together, it's not even funny lol. Anyway, this chapter tied things in a nice ribbon, even though it didn't have to go all out like it did. Her plane turned around for Gods sakes! What luck...or fate? Or love... I'm glad he plans to ask her to marry him, but alas, I don't we'll ever see the wedding or get a complete ending. After coming all this way, I feel like we're owed more but I'll take his confession and promise of more battles. Now time to go get disappointed by DASH.

[7/10 chapter] good, but not satisfied.
Oct 13, 5:59 AM

Mar 2011
Decent enough ending for the series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl Chapter 60 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

4 by brucescrews »»
Oct 13, 5:03 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Chapter 59 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 23, 2019

3 by brucescrews »»
Oct 13, 4:14 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Chapter 51 Discussion

Kuma - Nov 14, 2018

5 by brucescrews »»
Oct 12, 4:04 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Chapter 48 Discussion

tywhoppity - Aug 29, 2018

1 by brucescrews »»
Oct 12, 3:09 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Chapter 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

4 by brucescrews »»
Oct 12, 2:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.