Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 8:22 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I didn't think Yuri would suffer that much because he took his gear off, those things are dangerous.
Aug 8, 2018 10:04 AM

Dec 2015
I thought Yuri would do that, get rid of the gear to fight Joe fair and square.

I loved the montage with the rap towards the end. It was fucking perfect.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 8, 2018 1:00 PM

Dec 2016
God I fucking love sports anime so much
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 8, 2018 10:38 PM

May 2012
Fantastic buildup for the last episode, and with this for last episode I really do wonder what will go down next.

Yuri removing his gear was really surprising but now it's really one on one like normal boxing so that makes it even more impressive and based on skills rather than machine.

Really looking forwards to see what the last episode will offer!
Aug 9, 2018 10:51 AM

Sep 2011
So Yuuri left Yukiko for Joe. lol

No, seriously, great episode yet again. Yuuri and Yukiko shared a dream, but meeting Joe changed it because he's also the "real deal". Yuuri just wants to fight him with everything he got without any kind of advantage. He went through hell just like Rikiishi, but it was great to see Mikio so changed, he is managing and I'm glad.

I was also glad to see Aragaki coming to help Joe with his training, it's the better sparing partner he could ever find, and even though Nanbu can't see anymore, he's still doing a great job as a couch, but the next episode title "Born to Die" really leaves me worried, tomorrow might not come, but I'm really excited for the final match!
Aug 21, 2018 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
^ LOL. Yep, Yuuri left Yukiko for Joe. He chose his stud muffin boyfriend over that bitch.

Anyway, I honestly thought Mikio and Yuuri were going to kiss when they met at his cabin. Putting the yaoi jokes aside, Yuuri is obviously just being used by Shirato. Yukiko can enjoy her empire by herself. Mikio seems to have changed and he even helped out Yuuri by surgically removing his gear.

Nice to see a glimpse of how Nanbu met Joe. I'd like to see more of Joe's past life before meeting Nanbu like where he was born, who he grew up with and such.

Glad to see Aragaki make another appearance in this episode! I honestly thought it was him screaming in that dark room, turns out it was Yuuri.
臭い-
Jan 18, 2019 3:39 PM

May 2016
Yukiko had so many opportunities to be the asshole who'll get between two people that had gone through so much to get where they are now on their own merit and I'm so proud that she had fought off the temptation to spit on their dreams every single time. She knew that if she does anything to sabotage the finale, absolutely everything she did for Megalonia would be for nothing.

I didn't realize that Yuri's Integrated Gear was literally integrated into his flesh turning him into a cyborg. No wonder he had screws in his skin. Having his Gear peeled off from his whole upper body, essentially flaying himself only to reject further anaesthesia as he writhed in hellish agony for nearly a week was ironically the most metal thing ever considering that all happened because he wanted out of metal.

It was nice to see Joe train with Ashigaki and to find out that Nanbu a great enough coach to give good advice to him even without having to rely on his eyes. Yukiko giving back his ID without any ulterior motives and finding out that Yuri removed his Gear just for him made Joe extra excited and listening to the rap hyping up the two for the biggest night of their lives made me so hyped.

Mar 16, 2019 10:29 PM
Dec 2017
The old Mikio, huh? I wonder what he was like... Well, I like him more now. And, lol, Nanbu saying that he'd kick Joe's butt. That's my favorite part from this episode.

But wow... Seeing Yuri like that is just crazy. This calm professional boxing going out of his way to fight Joe. But it gives him some depth and I like that. I loved seeing him and Joe training for their fight. That crazy excited face Joe made at the end was so awesome.
Sep 27, 2019 6:32 AM

Mar 2015
I like how Yuri wants to fight fair and square.. it's gonna make it an even greater fight!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 6, 2020 9:52 PM

May 2020
so yuri, it will be gearless yuri hahaha
Jul 8, 2020 5:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
i'm definitely looking forward Joe and Yuri's finale fight, without gear, it's gonna be great
Feb 22, 2021 12:35 AM

Jun 2019
I'm excited about the final fight.
Mar 4, 2021 1:43 AM

May 2020
Looks like the domesticized dog finally went feral... I can't imagine the pain Yuri is going through since the gear was basically a part of his body at that point. Super hyped for the final fight, I think it's going to be great.
Apr 4, 2021 5:25 AM

Oct 2016
What a fantastic build up episode. Respect to Yuri, he went through all that pain for his desire to fight Joe fair and square. Yukiko also deserves some love, she could have been a bitch character but she didn't and I really like her for that. Let's fucking go final episode, Gearless Joe vs Gearless Yuri.
Apr 5, 2021 12:55 PM

May 2018
oh shit Yuri's integrated gear came with a steep price when removing it :O

I can't wait for the final fight!
Apr 22, 2021 6:51 AM

Dec 2018
Not surprised to see Yuri fighting without hes gear. He loves the sport and wants to fight Joe on equal terms
May 12, 2021 12:38 AM

Aug 2018
JOE VS YURI, THE FINAL FIGHT.
It's coming, Good chapter.
Jun 29, 2021 8:25 AM

Apr 2018
What an episode.. Yuri removes his gear, Nanbu teaches Joe with only his sound, Joe trains with Aragaki. AND ITS GOING DOWN IN THE LAST EPISODE! I love the small rap in the beginning or the end of the episode. Goated serie.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 28, 2021 9:43 AM

Jun 2020
Wow! This episode was so awesome overall! All the characters had their key moments. Way to go Joe!

Feb 5, 2022 1:50 AM

Jun 2020
Another amazing episode. "why would they go through such lengths to fight each other?" I was wondering that too XD. And nanbu turning into mf daredevil using sound now. I also liked everyone in the Shirato group a lot more after this episode. I got really hyped at the end
Feb 8, 2022 10:15 AM

Nov 2007
who was kid in end sequence, one with googles on hair? Kid was shown in scene after we see Yuri training in basement and kid is just sitting with radio and googles on its head.
Feb 18, 2022 11:46 AM

Aug 2019
Damn...final episode was good...finally joe vs yuri....i was kind of disappointed....as there was less boxing...but overall it was good..
Sep 29, 2023 3:40 PM

Oct 2022
wow he really removed his gear!! thats crazy commitment
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Dec 7, 2023 5:16 PM
Jul 2017
why get his gear removed this late into it and all the weird attempts at closure made no sense before the big fight
Feb 26, 2:19 PM

Jul 2021
I love yuri man its sad to see him suffer so much, but it waws nice of him to remove his gear.

I feel the fight is gonna end in a draw with both Joe and Yuri knocking each other out.

Aug 11, 11:01 AM

Apr 2010
Yuri is a true hero, he doesn't want any advantages. I feel bad for the owner of Shirato, she trusted him deeply.
Joe is training himself in a crazy way, his past is now discovered, it wasn't such a well keeped secret!
I'm 100% hyped for the final match of the series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

77 by perseii »»
Sep 22, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2018

140 by perseii »»
Sep 20, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 11 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

26 by kratos_aurion »»
Aug 11, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 10 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

23 by kratos_aurion »»
Aug 10, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

29 by kratos_aurion »»
Aug 10, 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.