Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 28, 2018 2:53 PM

Nov 2017
Im really liking this anime so far.

It's tackling a relatively taboo subject but it actually recognizes that fact and builds the story around it which is far more compelling then the traditional cliche anime approach.

The main thing this show has done for me so far, with its visuals, soundtrack, writing, and direction is it just feels soo.... human. Its coming off so real and emotional that i cant help but be captivated by it. The main two characters(especially Mr. Kondo) so far are coming off extremely likable, realistic, and relatable. And the fact that I'm not entirely sure how the show is going to progress this story of romance is actually a positive that's going to bring me back every week.

We are only on episode three but this show has started off extremely promising to tell a nuanced and unique story that wholeheartedly....if nothing else, Feels Human.
Jan 28, 2018 3:29 PM
Dec 2017
This part of the story always made me cringe. I could never do what Tachibana did, she's so brave! Love how this anime(and the manga) just goes straight into the love confession, episode 3 and we're already into the action.
I need to be Friday already again!!!!
Jan 28, 2018 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
What a refreshing romance anime. I like the straight forwardness
Jan 28, 2018 3:59 PM

Mar 2012
What a selfish kid. Does not give a fuck about what it would mean for her to be in a relationship with her. His reputation would be ruined.
Jan 28, 2018 4:04 PM

Mar 2016
lucky bastard, got himself a date
Jan 28, 2018 5:15 PM

Jan 2014
I still think it's weird. Is 17 legal in Japan?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 29, 2018 4:45 AM

Mar 2014
LOL I had the exact same reaction as Kondo once, I thought that a guy that confessed to me was pulling some elaborate prank XD pretty great episode, it had multiple funny moments too which is something I didn't expect.
Jan 30, 2018 12:52 AM

Mar 2009
I still don't know how to feel about this large age gap, but the show is just wonderfully directed, and the execution is top-notch. You could do a lot worse for a touchy subject like this. I'm quite frankly amazed by that, especially coming from an anime.
Jan 30, 2018 2:57 AM

Jul 2017
Amazon UK finally got this episode working!

Excellent episode. A little bit of backstory, but also pushing things forward with both sad and funny scenes.

Agreed with getting the confession in early, that's what I liked about Tsuki ga Kirei.
Jan 30, 2018 3:13 AM

Jul 2017
Double post, sorry!

Zelev said:
I still think it's weird. Is 17 legal in Japan?

Yes and No. From Wikipedia:

In Japan, the Japanese Penal Code sets a minimal age of consent of 13 regardless of gender or sexual orientation. However, the Children Welfare Act chapter 34 forbids any act of "fornication" (淫行) with children (here defined as anyone under 18 years of age) with prefectures and districts specifying further details in (largely similar) "obscenity ordinances" (淫行条例) like adding exemptions for sex in the context of a sincere romantic relationship (typically determined by parental approval).

So if both under 18 seems OK, or if the parents give approval, but only for a serious relationship like if they got married. But if they had sex right now, it would be deemed illegal.

I have no problem with the gap (if 2 people love each other, then go them!) or her being 17 (16 is legal age in my country), especially as she's the one going after him and he's being hesitation about it. If it was the other way around or he was like "f*** yeah a 17 year old girl wants me! I have to take advantage of the situation" then obviously that would be creepy as hell.
D1tchd1ggerJan 30, 2018 3:53 AM
Jan 30, 2018 10:37 AM

Apr 2009
The episode started with so many feels but quickly turned into such a laughter riot I had tears in my eyes from laughing! I absolutely adore Tachibana and Kondou,and almost feel bad for Kondou. That ash filled drink though XD I love how open and confident Tachibana is about how she feels, no usual shoujo style fidgeting around that gets on my nerves. Through out the episode I was afraid it might end too soon because it was so enjoyable.
JagaraJan 30, 2018 10:45 AM
Jan 30, 2018 10:44 AM
Jan 2018
I think this episode made this anime shine for me! :) I love critical thinking and analyzing people and there stories to its core. I think this episode kinda lifted the curtains to the reason behind the anime's name Koi wa Ameagari no You ni(After the Rain). Tachibana hurting her leg and losing the ability to run but in return finding a new love and giving her hope in enjoying life. I believe the rain to be a symbol of pain and the rain stopping as the discovery of love with Mr. Kondou. Just wanted to let everyone know my speculation ! :) Something I did realize without the critical analysis that I enjoyed was the beautiful artwork which is very original, the light comical scenes with Mr. Kondou and the slight frustration and cute emotions Tachibana presents.
Jan 30, 2018 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
I'm glad they got the confession through soon. I was a bit worried after the end of the last episode.

I can feel for Tachibana though. Tore my ACL a while back and now I can't play football and risk another injury. Her watching her friends improve and move forward without her in something she's so passionate about must really hurt.

She seemed to be in a really dark place after her injury, so I'm glad she has hope in finding happiness in love now :) This old-young relationship is really interesting. I'm excited to see how it plays out.
Jan 31, 2018 2:05 AM

Oct 2008
Another excellent episode that made me giggle so much with excitement! lolz
Akira really poured it all! all her true feelings and even went straight forwardness confrontation to Tenchou by directly asking/confirming with him and they even made a small argument about sensitive reasons like age gap!
Akira's totally full blown in love with Tenchou! Love really knows no boundaries!
Wit Studio handled every scene perfectly!!!
5/5!

Jan 31, 2018 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
THIS is what I want from romance, in anime: the confessions, to happen EARLY, instead of bullshitting around till the end.
Feb 2, 2018 5:36 AM

Mar 2012
I was thinking of dropping this if the girl turned out to be some creep who would keep on doing weird things like sniffing shirts or touching herself and blushing remembering how the manager helped her get up like she did in the first 2 episodes. Episode 3 was quite good, glad to see that she confessed and the manager took her seriously.
Feb 2, 2018 8:23 PM
Jan 2018
Wow this anime is turning out to be something truly beautiful. Tachibana's love is so innocent and tangible. Her emotions translate so well through her body language and her eyes that I don't even need her to say anything to know exactly how she's feeling. Really powerful moment when she say says she doesn't need a reason to like him. I also like how we're starting to get a little more of Mr. Kondo's side and his thoughts.
Feb 7, 2018 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
I really do not know what to expect after this episode, given that when they are serious, then they soften everything with comic situations and do not waste time on the love story between Akira and Masami, I was astonished as the male protagonist . The comic parts are hilarious. Drawings and animations, good, the backgrounds are beautiful as usual, wow!
Feb 16, 2018 12:31 AM
Nov 2010
Really liked this episode. It definitely is refreshing to see her make it extremely clear- with no confusion whatsoever that she meant what she said. =) I like the dilemma he's facing. x3
Feb 22, 2018 5:49 AM

Dec 2015
Akira’s leg injury isnt permanent right ?
And lol what kind of confession is that , confess then leave, well at least she confessed again.
Loving someone because of what they usually do, i hope i hv someone like that
Really liking this anime
Mar 5, 2018 3:18 PM

Dec 2013
You know, this show is pretty hard to explain to someone who doesn't watch anime. I've got to say that the animation this episode was amazing, especially when it comes to the rain! Personally though, I'm still waiting for the part when this relationship crashes and burns.
Mar 17, 2018 10:10 AM

Jun 2013
Tachibana can be a bitch sometimes. I'm actually not liking her that much. She's a bit inconsiderate and stupid too. Doesn't she realize how much trouble it would cause for Kondo-san if they just started dating?
臭い-
Mar 18, 2018 7:36 PM

Apr 2015
Another episode with those godess legs HNG.

Like many have posted above I really didnt expect her to be this straight forward. Rather expected a shy girl tbh. Cant say that I dislike it tho
Mar 21, 2018 11:09 AM

Apr 2012
Decided I had enough of this anime and dropped it. I don't think the story is bad or anything. It just doesn't appeal to me.

But I was glad that I watched it for 3 episodes. I made me appreciate the doujin hentai that is available for this show. It was a very good (fapping) experience.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 20, 2018 9:38 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The relationship she has with the restaurant and how she feels depressed at the mere thought of school and almost her former life in track is saddening. It's stuff out of your control and can happen at any moment.

The entire end with the whole "you'd find a date with me boring" and her eyes lighting up just left a goofy smile on my face.

And surprisingly Kondo is equally fleshed out as feeling emotions of this mutual connection with her. Not as deep but the fluttering emotion of feeling young. It's almost a rare sight to see both perspectives in a romance done so well.

Aug 9, 2018 9:15 PM

May 2012
Well at least she's quite honest about her feelings, it's been a while since I've seen an anime that takes romance quite direct in the first couple of episodes!

Really liked it, looking forwards to see what's next.
Aug 31, 2018 7:08 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The atmosphere and the music are top notch. I also like the art style of the characters.... can't believe how expressive her eyes are done. This is the anime that I was looking for..... something calming with light humor. Folks are right when they point out that the usual trope would have 11 episodes of misunderstanding where this one delivers early.
Sep 20, 2018 10:16 PM

Mar 2013
Man, this episode made my heart skip a beat like ten times LOL. I'm currently going through a similar situation... Although I'm not underage like Tachibana there is a big age gap between the person I like and I, so it kinda hit really close to home.

Truly beautiful and emotional! I wish Kondou had more confidence in himself, despite him being a little clumsy I think Tachibana has more than enough reasons to like him. I can't wait to see romance develop between them, but I sure hope nothing too big happens until she turns 18, which is probably not far ahead anyways. Tbh this romance is being handled so maturely it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Really loving this show. I'm also glad they showed us a little of Tachibana's back story and how the injury has affected her emotionally.
HeiizeSep 20, 2018 10:20 PM
Nov 14, 2018 1:14 AM

Aug 2017
Akira's injury is better explained in this episode. Also, we know more about her past. A bit sad, indeed.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 6, 2019 5:51 AM

Mar 2015
What an episode!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 6, 2019 12:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf ? but he is 45 years old and she is a minor, that's illegal
Jan 16, 2020 10:56 PM

Aug 2017
This is a middle aged guy's fantasy. Hot, athletic, 17 year old babe pursuing a divorced single dad. It's totally compensated dating.

Girl should've taken it easy on that Achilles tendon before it snapped, tsk.

Exeterna said:
Akira’s leg injury isnt permanent right ?
Achilles rupture can be career ending in high level athletes. It happened to Kobe. You can fix stuff in the body but it's not as good as the original.
CarbonMDJan 16, 2020 11:01 PM
Sep 14, 2020 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
Hm… my issue is that Akira isn’t very likable. Even if age wasn’t a factor, why WOULD the manager want to go on a date with her? She’s just a mopey kid that works at his cafe and does an adequate job. And maybe he's just pure but he doesn't seem intimidated by or intrigued by her beauty, either. If there’s going to be a progression in their relationship, Akira’s gotta have a bit more personality. Something to show that she’s more than just the opposite sex. As for character (and by that, I mean personality) Akira doesn’t have much going for her. You've gotta ask, what would be the benefit in the manager even dating someone like her? What would she do to make him enjoy the relationship? 😅
(I mean, after all of her lukewarm, semi-bitter reception to the manager's kindness, up and saying "I like you" to him isn't going to mean much. At least humor him when he tries to be nice to you, smile a bit more, and then ask him out. That way -- even if he still didn't reciprocate the feelings -- he'd be elated. As of now, he's probably just flattered that a young person sees something in him on account of his age.)

And so, putting myself in the manager’s position, these are things I’d have to consider. As of now, I’d let her down nicely because of the age factor. But the manager’s bubbly and understanding (albeit a bit ignorant or klutzy at times), so there’s gotta be a way he can let Akira down without shattering her… at least, for now. OR, if Akira can have some personality growth — or show some way of benefiting or appealing to the manger (in time) — then perhaps the concept of this anime can be more tangible.

I’m not hating, these are just critiques.
Episodes 1 and 2 were very entertaining watches, but this one felt a bit slow and awkward. I don’t think the effect they’re going for is being executed in the correct way. Still an 8/10 (borderline 7) for sure, but the MC isn’t very likable. Heck, she’s got a great life aside from her leg injury… that is:
* unless they reveal that she’s got family issues (which I don’t think is (going to be) the case)
* or that its permanent (and that she'll have to give up track for good)
* or unless she’s got a mental illness (depression)… which I think is different from just being “depressed” (as Wikipedia puts it). But why is she depressed? Because she isn’t living a fulfilling life? She works at a great cafe (one that she clearly likes as shown in Episode 1 when she was people watching during her shift), she works under a man that she likes (both romantically and because he’s kind), she’s got friends at school (even if she’s unsatisfied with her class friends, her track friends like her a lot — especially the tan one), her coworkers are clearly nice people (albeit quirky). She shouldn’t be so miserable.
I don’t know. Akira delivers in the fan service department (and I say that rolling my eyes) but there’s not much else. (Although everything would change if her leg was in fact permanently damaged... then I'd kind of start feeling bad for her.)
I’m kinda just watching for the Manager at this point — to see how he reacts and interprets things. He's definitely an amusing guy and checks a lot of boxes in the character department.

The first two episodes were stellar but this one caused me to lower my score.
(It seems on the odd one out as most people are PrAiSiNg this anime (and episode)... but I'd much appreciate it if anyone let me know if they felt the same way. I think this is an entertaining anime, but I'm hoping other people recognize the unappealing aspects of Akira's character and why it's distracting.)
removed-userSep 14, 2020 7:21 PM
Apr 2, 2021 4:08 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
You can’t really give a reason when you truly like someone can you, it’s hard to put your finger on it, you just do. She wasn’t able to give an answer was to why but it’s pretty easy to speculate. It’s also why it makes sense and why it works. Manager was the one who cheered her up during a dark time, there’s bound to be some emotional bond created in that instance. It’s not just empty feelings. Speaking of feelings, they were open with each other there under the tree. They actually talked and understood one another, instead of going through all the typical misunderstandings that happen so much that are painful to see. But no they just speak their minds and are transparent.

Damn do I like how this anime looks. Would expect no less from the studio that handled attack on titan. Exemplary. Also this anime never really got any real attention or recognition did it... and that’s fine with me. Feels good to watch an anime that looks and feels as good as this one that not too many know about. Just me judging from these posts here, from back in 2018, when it aired. If you happen to see this, hope you are enjoying this gem as much as I am.
BetaMaleUltraApr 2, 2021 4:12 AM

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Nov 18, 2022 6:00 PM

Oct 2022
I like the simple atmosphere of the series and the lovely setting, as if there’s no rush between scenes

Mr. Kondo is quite funny and silly! And then there’s Akira and her blunt honesty. I enjoy the way they communicate each other and can talk about trivial things, even if feelings are involved in between.
Aug 28, 2023 3:29 AM

Dec 2022
Kondou is so respectful and considerate towards Tachibana’s feelings for him. One thing I’m curious about tho, is that he’s always degrading himself. So I’m interested to see why the relationship between him and his former wife ended and how it affected him. Also, Tachibana is notably straightforward and very honest. She’s so cuteee

Jan 31, 3:21 AM

Nov 2022
No wonder his wife left him
Mar 27, 10:02 AM

Jun 2017
this was such a solemn beautifull episode.The melancholy behind Akira's past was done well but didn't anticipate the show would give a glimpse of the repressed beaten down tencho san reconnecting with his youthfull past.It is sad he has to remind himself that he is undesirable on the daily.Would love to hear his story
Jul 2, 7:16 PM
Dec 2019
I think the most unrealistic part of almost all romance anime/manga is that bland, nondescript, and/or unlikeable/hostile people have lots of casual friends. Tachibana is pretty enough that people would be interested in her but she's so rude and hostile to everyone around her that the idea of people that actually know her a bit being excited to talk to her is farfetched. What sort of person is like "I wonder what Tachibana thinks?!" when she either doesn't listen or actively yells at you during any interaction.
Sep 20, 1:25 PM

Feb 2018
She just said her piece and left...

I wonder why Mr Kondo, trying to do the "right thing", doesn't mention that she doesn't know enough of world yet and is, most likely, doing a bad choice.
34 years old ossan who still watches anime
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» We need more realistic romance animes like this

Bourriche - Sep 26

19 by Shanti_Einer »»
Oct 6, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

86 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 27, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2018

97 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 25, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

159 by BiobulletM »»
Sep 20, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

135 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 13, 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.